main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Making the Vader-voice..

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth_Mezna, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mezna

Darth_Mezna Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi folks!

Does anyone know if there is a way to transform your voice into Vader's on the computer?

2. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Not that I know of, but using something like Premiere you can make it sound deep like Vader's.

When recording your sound (I would NOT do it while filming, that's for sure. Do it as an ADR ie voiceover later on), speak as fast as you can.
    Then slow it down. If you have spoken fast, then when you slow it down, it will sound deep but it will run at a normal speaking speed. You can also make the bass louder and treble quieter.

I would actually like to know if there is a way on Premiere to pitchshift a sound without changing its speed.

3. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    wear a vader helmet while saying your lines
    that deepens the voice quite a bit,and gets you in character.

or try and get ben fletcher,he does it really well.

4. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    "wear a vader helmet while saying your lines
    that deepens the voice quite a bit,and gets you in character. "

Absolutely not! All that will do is muffle and distort the sound!

5. JHoffaOLB

JHoffaOLB Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Or you can use a free proggy called funnyvoice. I just got it this weekend searching for just the kind of program you wanted. Works pretty good and doesn't speed your voice up, heck I was even able to make a lion roar with my own voice dropped way low by the proggy. ;)
    FunnyVoice

6. Antilles01

Antilles01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    Get ProTools Free. With it you can deepen your voice without slowling it down at all. Im not sure where to get it, just search on Google or something. I believe they used Pro Tools for the sounds in Star Wars, in one of the making of documentaries on the net (#7 i think) it shows them using Pro Tools.

7. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
    I just downloaded ProTools but it won't work with Windows XP, even if I put the installer into 'compatibility for Win98/ME'.

8. Tho Yor

Nov 27, 2001
  9. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    Anybody had any luck with Protools?

10. dan005e

dan005e Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Ask Ben Fletcher on how he does it. Ben does the best vader voice for fan films I have heard.

As for the tech question I personally dont know but I will ask a freind of mine who does alot of audio editing and knows about this stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.