main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Man beaten up for spoiling TFA to fans waiting in line to enter theater

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Valkyrus, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    People who antagonize others, especially random people, should expect any kind of response. It's not about something being justified; everyday there is a news report of something happening to someone because another person didn't think something was so funny or didn't live by a sense of fairness. Why badger someone else like that? Anyone saying "it's just a movie" is missing the principle of the whole thing. Spoiling a movie, breaking someone's things, stealing something... it's all the same, ruining someone's experience and going against intentions.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Spoiling a movie, breaking someone's things, stealing something...it's all the same
    ---------

totally got to disagree there.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Taken out of context... The quote is that it is the same insomuch as all ruin someone else's experience, and go against intentions i.e. 'defect' in a game theoretic sense.

Antagonise people, and you can expect a response. Antagonise people over something near and dear to them (whether it be personal possessions, or a movie they may well love more than most of their possessions) and you can expect a volatile response.

4. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    well I quoted the quote as I read it.

Breaking into someones house, murdering someone with a poker, breaking something of sentimental value..is not the same as spoiling a movie.

Can you imagine the case in court:

"your honour, the defendant ruined my movie going experience"

see how far that goes.

5. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Well I think the only comparable 'moral crimes' mentioned was breaking or stealing someone's possessions. Not legally equivalent, but all sharing the property of ruining someone's experience, and the same in that manner. At least stealing is generally motivated by selfishness, whereas intentionally spoiling a movie is born only out of malice.

6. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    so...what are you saying? the guy deserved a bit of a kicking?

:eek: :p

I have said, and I do agree what the guy did was a **** thing to do, no doubt about it. But people have to be in control of their emotions, and look at things in perspective, IMHO of course.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Again, this was a fake story posted on a parody news site and this site mistakenly picked it up as a real story (and now they've deleted it).

Darth Dreadwar and Dandelo like this.
  8. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    yeah but we're talking hypothetically :p

but if they've deleted it..I suppose it's a mute point now anyway :p

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    the world is so uncivilized

Dandelo likes this.
  10. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Deserved? What is deserved, in a moral context?

All I can say is that I wouldn't have minded joining in said hypothetical kicking if I had been present, nor would I feel any kind of moral outrage at those who did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.