Man Bites Dog - the zany headline game - game has a winner

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Jag4Me, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C1-J2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Fake Exec Dumps Crooked Banker"

5+5+10+25+25=70

55+20=125

An undercover police offier roots out his underhanded banker by pretending to be the Exec of the company.
  2. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    :eek: These are great! Try reading them out loud, I'm doing that and giggling like crazy.=D=
  3. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "340LBS. Dog Blames New Vaccine!"

50 + 10 + 5 + 10 + 25 = 100.

100 + 35 = 135.

The Vet blames the dog's eating habits.
  4. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    =D=

The best part for me seems to be the additional comments! Keeps those coming! =D=

5. JediVegeta Force Ghost

star 4
    See,I was going to wait until morning, but ah...why not?!

Blind Actor Attacks Mystery Hero
    25 + 5 + 10 + 25 + 10= 75

70 + 75= 145

After the hero saved the famous blind actor, Mikle Beradino-Black from a crazed assassin, the actor panicked and attacked the man who saved him with his limited edition Louis Vuitton handbag with 24k gold spikes. The man was messed up badly and also possessed no identification.

Eep! did a mini-article...but...the headline just had to be explained! :p
  6. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ^ I'm so glad I had set my glass down and wasn't drinking or I'd be choking again! =D=
  7. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Man, you guys are super fast. I so wanted in on this game.
  8. fancyrats Jedi Knight

star 1
    Brave Girl Accused First Urologist!
    10+5+5+10+50=80
    30+80=110
  9. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You guys are killing me!:D

I'm sure we will see one from Gunny later after school.[face_peace]
  10. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 9
    Exclusive!! Judge Nails Romantic Tourist.
    25+25+10+0 X2 = 120 :D

Judge Know-It-All, playing at a charity pickup football game, sent a man to the hospital after a hard collision. Apparently, the man, a tourist on his honeymoon, was watching the game when the Judge chased a pass towards the sideline, not able to stop in time before slamming into the man and bowling him over. Afterwards, the man said that he never would have made it playing football in high school, because he never would have been able to take those kinds of hits and get up again.
  11. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Very nice, Gunny!

I want to thank you all for being patient with me the last day. Something unexpected came up and I had to be away from home.
    Tomorrow is going to be much better though and I will get your new cards sent out! Thanks again for being patient, I really hate delaying things.[:D]
  12. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey guys - I didn't get those sent because I was back in the hospital. Sorry.
    This is certainly not something I ever imagined happening. If I am better then I should be able to go home to my own house tonight - that's where the cards are. If so then we will be back in business soon.

Thank you for much for your patience.
  13. C1-J2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's all right Jag4Me! Thank as much time as you need! I hope everything gets better! [:D]
  14. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Hey, guys, Connie asked me to tell you that she's had some stuff going on in real life. She's okay and she'll be back in a few days :)
  15. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You have all been amazing!! This evening I was finally sprung from a unplanned hospital stay.

Tomorrow I'll shuffle the cards and PM you the next round. We will be really easy about deadlines since you guys have been so patient with me.

Thanks so much for not giving up on me!![:D]
  16. JediVegeta Force Ghost

star 4
    Glad to see you are better! :)
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [:D] It's wonderful to see you back.
  18. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [:D] It's awesome to be back!!

Cards have been PM'd!

Here are the standings:
    1. fancyrats 110 points
    2. BaSSil 135 points
    3. JediVegeta 145 points
    4. C1-J2 125 points
    5. DarthAnakin101 130 points
    6. JediGunship 160 points

I can't wait to see the headlines!! [face_good_luck]
  19. fancyrats Jedi Knight

star 1
    Exclusive!! Intern Singer Falls for Thug!
    2x(10+5+25+25)=130

Total score: 110+130=240! Wow!

My brain is less than functional today, so you all can come to your own conclusions about how the unlikely couple found each other...
  20. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 9
    Mob Boss Bites Tot Tycoon

25+10+25+10 = 70

160+70=230

A major crime boss, angered by an infant's sudden fame and huge fortune coming from a bank payment to him, decided to bite the child, because it was something that couldn't be traced back to the source. However, the boss was captured right outside the house, complaining to officers of a chipped tooth he received during the alleged biting.
  21. C1-J2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    1st Lady Czar Attacks Nurse

25+25+10+50= 110

110+125=235

The first female Czar of the country Taranzeet decides to attack a local nurse when the nurse informs her McDonald's cheeseburgers are unhealthy. The Czar informed us that her doctor told her that cheeseburgers were the best thing for her to eat in her fit-as-a-fiddle condition. An anonymous citizen told us that her doctor is also the CEO of McDonalds. Unfortunately, the nurse was not available for an interview.
  22. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    BIZARRE MODEL RUNS OFF WITH PSYCHIC

50 + 10 + 25 + 25 = 110.

110 + 135 = 245

LAS VEGAS, Oct 20 (Reuters) - An assistant to popular magician act, Hengest and Horsa, is rumored to have kidnapped her boyfriend of five months, popular Psychic Merl Lan. The assistant, Renwein, and Merl had been discussing moving away with each other for quite some time, according to Mr. Lan's manager Mortimer Ern. Mr. Ern says that the two began arguing when Merl Lan decided it would be too dangerous to follow her, describing her father and uncle as two dragons who would devour him. Upon asking what he thought about Mr. Lan's disappearance, Mr. Ern said, "Y'know, in retrospect, he really should have seen this coming."
  23. JediVegeta Force Ghost

star 4

NUDE NUN HITS 340lb!
    25 + 50 + 5 + 50 = 130
    Total: 275 (I think?)

The famous nudist nun, Josephine Gorgo, who made a vow to reach 500 lbs by the time she is 30 has reached her all time high of 340 lbs. Starting at the weight of 105lbs, she gives thanks to "Blackwater Pizza" chain, Pepsi Co and most of all the new hit NBC show, "The Biggest Gainer" for helping her dream come true! Richard Simmons states he is ready to help her when she is ready to get fit again.

yeah...my cards were odd this time :p
  24. C1-J2 Jedi Knight

star 3
    JediVegata: I just about died when I read that! [face_laugh] That is amazing!
  25. DarthAnakin101 Jedi Master

star 2
    Sorry it's a little late, hope it still counts! I had school and homework.

Exclusive! Devoted Strikes Last Blonde!

25+10+10+25= 70*2= 140

The Last Blonde Foundation, designed to protect the endangered blonde gorilla, was verbally abused by a member of the Devoted, a group devoted to catching the blonde gorillas and selling their golden fur, popular among Halloween trick-or-treaters.

Hope that makes sense!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.