main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Dionysus

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hades

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Hephaestus

4. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
  5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Everybody's chosen, excellent.

THE FATES- PART TWO

So the choices are made. Now it's time to discover your destiny. I have eight Fates ready, one for each god. They were written several days ago, and have not been changed since. And there have been a couple of intriguing coincidences...

I am about to PM each of you your own Fate. It is split into two parts: Greater Fate and Lesser Fate. Greater Fate consists of the most important stuff, linking to the overall story arc and also your fellow players. Lesser Fate consists of more minor details about your own story.

Don't worry if your Fate seems mysterious or ambiguous when referring to events or people- these things will make themselves clearer as we go.

The idea is to fulfil the various aspects of your Fate as the game progresses. I will give you a lot of help in doing this, so don't worry. Opportunities to fulfil your destiny will present themselves as we go (though you may not always wish to use them right away). Fulfiling your Fate is a gradual process- remember that this game will last for a total of eight Chapters.

The order in which your Greater Fate is written is roughly the order in which the events are likely to occur (the order of the Lesser Fate does not matter).

Finally, please do not tell your fellow players anything about your Fate, even if a part of it concerns their characters. Keep your Fate to yourself, and things will come together in a way that surprises everyone.

For reference purposes, here is our roster:

[b][blockquote][color=green]Child of Hephaestus- Bakara, 17 [/color](Penguinator-176)
    [color=silver]Child of Hermes- Elisthia, 17[/color] (JediMasterAnne)
    [color=darkred]Child of Ares- Elora, 16[/color] (SirakRomar)
    [color=orange]Child of Apollo- Gallia, 16[/color] (NickLitYouAFlame)
    [color=teal]Child of Dionysus- Sara, 14[/color] (Hammurabi)
    [color=indigo]Child of Hades- Vic, 14[/color] (darthramza)
    [color=blue]Child of Poseidon- Mischa, 13[/color] (DarthXan318)
    [color=yellow]Child of Zeus- Ecko, 11[/color] (Reynar_Tedros)[/blockquote]
    [/b]

7. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    So, in the words of the Joker:

"Where do we...begin."

Time to find out.

[b][u]A Word on Fates[/b][/u]

Hopefully you all like the Fate you received and are looking forward to fulfilling it. If not, and you would rather leave the game, [b]now is the time[/b]. I won't be offended, trust me.

Also, while the Fates are an important element to the game, they are not the game itself. Some of you won't even need to really think about them until the later stages. So don't worry about how you're going to fulfil it or trying to move yourself towards it right from the get-go. I will guide you along. It will all be very smooth and easy.

Let's get started.

[hr]
    [i]

[blockquote]Now Rann the Kite brings home the night
    That Mang the Bat sets free--
    The herds are shut in byre and hut
    For loosed till dawn are we.
    This is the hour of pride and power,
    Talon and tush and claw.

Oh, hear the call!--Good hunting all
    That keep the Jungle Law![/i]

-Night-Song in the Jungle, [i]The Jungle Book[/i][/blockquote]

[u][b]
    Chapter One, in which there are many comings and goings, and the Beginning of Things to Come[/b][/u]

[blockquote][i][link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-MWR4w0hM]The Shistavanen Den, Jungle of Alderaan[/link][/i]

It was raining in the jungle, and the animals and creatures had settled into their homes as nightfall approached.

[b]Raksha[/b] was the eldest and wisest huntress of the Shistavanen pack, but was known better among her people for being the Mother of the Man Cubs. At first she had faced much derision and even disgust for her decision to adopt the children, and had been mocked and scorned for her inability to birth Shistavanen cubs. There were others who had spoken of the danger in which she had placed the entire pack by harbouring these creatures, and had called on her to hand the infants over to Shere Khan, and plead for his mercy.

Those had been troubled times, and her husband [b]Rama[/b] was enraged by the insults to his wife's honour. Many times he would return to the den with gashes and cuts across his fur from fights with other members of the Pack.

This had gone on for many months until eventually [b]Akula[/b], the great leader of the Pack, had called for an end to the disagreement. He decided that the man cubs would be allowed to stay, and would be raised in the ways of the Shistavanen. And that was the last of the argument, for no wolf would dare question the wisdom of their chief.

And indeed Akula had been wise, for the man cubs grew into popular and much loved people of Alderaan.

On this evening, the females among them were at home in the company of their mother. [b]Mischa[/b], youngest of the girls, was half-asleep beside Raksha, while [b]Sara[/b] and [b]Elisthia[/b] butchered and prepared the meat for that evening's feast. Near them, [b]Elora[/b] and [b]Gallia[/b] were arguing, as they occasionally did.

And it was then that Raksha noticed something in the dark sky, drifting among the stars. Her eyes widened.

"Girls!" she barked. "Quickly! Mischa, get up! Sara, Elisthia, leave that for now! Elora and Gallia- stop that at once! All of you, listen to your mother!"

Once she had their attention, she continued:

"Mischa, go and fetch Chief Akula! Sara and Elisthia, go and gather the rest of the Pack! Elora and Gallia, go and get your father and brothers, they are at the Valley of Graves! Hurry, you silly girls, hurry!"

[b]Tag: Sirak, Xan, Nick, Hamm, Anne[/b]

[hr]

[link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=02CCTKaiDtk][i]The Valley of Graves, Jungle of Alderaan[/i][/link]

Deep within the penumbral heart of the jungle was the treacherous lair known as the Valley of Graves. Here it was that the blackened trees twisted up high and around one another, and whispered frightening things to the creatures below, while the moon filtered an eerie, distorted light onto the jungle floor.

This was the place where beings were brought to be buried, and their souls sent onwards to the Netherworld.

Among the many graves, the wolves would wrestle. It was here, upon this hallowed ground, that the Shistavanen p

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Mischa

The Shistavanen Den, Jungle of Alderaan

Mischa curled up against her mother, half asleep. Sometimes she claimed she was too old for this, to sleep snuggled against her mother - usually when Vic was around to tease her about it - but the warmth of the den, the smell of Mother's fur and the familiar sound of her older sisters' voices all combined to make a very sleepy thirteen-year-old girl. Plus it had been a long day ...

Sara and Elisthia were preparing the meat for tonight's feast. Mischa watched the rise and fall of their hands, slow and steady, through half-closed eyes. Raksha had never let her try that particular chore before, claiming that she'd just hurt herself, or get bored halfway and wander off. Mischa had made a show of indignation at that, but privately she didn't really mind. Warm and comfortable, she let her gaze wander up at the night sky -

Her mother's shout jolted her awake. "Huh?" Mischa muttered, uncurling. "What's -"

But Raksha's voice, well practised in the art of ordering around unruly kids, drowned out hers easily. "Mischa, go and fetch Chief Akula! Sara and Elisthia, go and gather the rest of the Pack! Elora and Gallia, go and get your father and brothers, they are at the Valley of Graves!" Mischa tried to ask again, but the urgency in Raksha's voice and eyes made her decide against it. "Hurry, you silly girls, hurry!"

"Right, Ma." Mischa scrambled up, dusting herself off. She took off like a shot, running in the direction she knew the Chief's home was.

TAG: Winged, Sirak, Nick, Hamm, Anne

9. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, The Shistavanen Den, Jungle of Alderaan

"The trees in the fields aren´t that high, stupe! They are much younger than the ones near the rocks!" She shouted at Gallia. Aware it was of no relevance what trees were higher she was simply right. And didn´t see why she would need to back down, if she was right. "You haven´t even climbed one!" She claimed, proud she actually was a skilled tree-climber. And ignoring the fact she had just recently recovered from the pains and bruises of her last attempt.

She was just about to deliver the absolute argument to end this fight, as she felt the tension in her mother rise. Looking over she saw Raksha look into the sky, then she turned towards them. Her voice as usual, one of authority.

"Girls!" she barked. "Quickly! Mischa, get up! Sara, Elisthia, leave that for now! Elora and Gallia- stop that at once! All of you, listen to your mother!" Elora turned herself towards her. "What´s wrong?" She asked, worried, but then decided that if her mother meant them to hurry, they should hurry. Poor Mischa was ripped out of her dreams. Elora smiled down on her, as she awoke.

As if she had wanted to spell that out, she added. "Hurry, silly girls, hurry".

And with that everything was said and done. Get the boys. "Try to get not too far behind, will´ya?" She shot at Gallia with an acid tone. Then she ran out of the tent, almost colliding with Mischa on her way to the chieftain.

As soon as she was out she began to run. No need for a light, her feet were used to run in darkness, finding their ground.

Tag: Everybody&Winged

10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia
    Shistavanen Den, Jungle of Alderaan

For the most part, Elisthia was quiet as she helped her sister prepare meat for the evening meal, preferring to enjoy the overall relaxed atmosphere in the den?Elora and Gallia?s bickering was a mundane enough occurrence that she could tune them out if necessary. A glance towards Mischa showed that the younger girl seemed to share her opinion of the current mood?she was curled up next to their mother, contently dozing off, and Elisthia could not help feeling just a touch jealous that at the moment, she could not do the same.

Not that she was complaining about her chore?she was used to it, and they all had their responsibilities, but the warm air of the den, along with the comfort of family nearby and the sound of rain outside did make for a rather soothing combination? No matter. There would be time enough for relaxing later, [i]after[/i] work was done. For now, her focus belonged on the task at hand.

Her mother?s voice, however, distracted her from that. [i]"Girls!" she barked. "Quickly! Mischa, get up! Sara, Elisthia, leave that for now! Elora and Gallia- stop that at once! All of you, listen to your mother!"[/i]

Elisthia immediately stopped what she was doing and looked to Raksha, about to ask what was wrong, but her mother spoke first, with a no-nonsense tone that left no room for argument. [i] "Mischa, go and fetch Chief Akula! Sara and Elisthia, go and gather the rest of the Pack! Elora and Gallia, go and get your father and brothers, they are at the Valley of Graves! Hurry, you silly girls, hurry!"[/i]

Still wondering what could have triggered her mother's sudden panic, Elisthia put down the meat she?d been cutting, nodded her understanding and quickly moved to do as she was told, gently nudging Sara along with her?when Raksha said ?hurry,? she meant [i]hurry.[/i] ?Let?s go!?

[b]Tag: Hammurabi, Nick, Xan, Sirak, Winged_Jedi[/b]

11. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Sara Kharatyan, daughter of Dionysus

Sara hated preparing the meat. It wasn?t due to tedium or difficulty - working with the meat wasn?t particularly tedious, nor was it especially difficult. It was just messy. Sara couldn?t stand having her hands covered in blood, the smell of raw meat nearly strong enough to knock her out.

She continued her work quietly and without complaint, but couldn?t help but feel initially elated to hear Raksha?s voice giving her an excuse to do something else. Sara eagerly dropped her butcher?s knife and began wiping her hands on her apron, but her excitement was quickly replaced with fear as she sensed the urgency in her mother?s voice. Hurry, you silly girls, hurry!

She looked to Elisthia for direction; hopefully her older sister could help lead the way. ?Let?s go!? the older girl said, and Sara nodded. Leaving not a second to spare, she quickly made it to the door and - looking behind her to see if Elisthia was following her - stepped out into the wet night air to rouse the pack.

Tag: Anne, Winged

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    The Valley of Graves

It had to happen, eventually; that point in a boy's life where he realizes that he must become a man. Though he did not know it at the time, this would be Bakara's first step out of the innocence of youth and into the reality of adulthood. His brothers, too, would eventually notice a change in themselves, something deeper and more resonant than even Akula's teachings. The young man (for a man he'd be, after this night) steeled himself. Vic and Ecko were three and six years his junior, respectively, but he knew that this wouldn't be easy. Once before, during play, they'd wrestled him to the ground. He didn't want that to happen a second time, especially on this night.

"Begin!" barked Rama, startling Bakara. He spread his stance, wishing he had eyes in the back of his head for just this one night. Questions filled his head; he didn't want to hurt either of them, especially not deaf Ecko. So he hasn't heard the command, thought Bakara, moving as he did so. Vic would have heard it, and the eldest assumed he'd have a few brief moments to pin Vic before Ecko realized they'd begun. Bakara grabbed for Vic's arm, hoping to draw him forward and trip him.

Tag: Ramza, Reynar

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vic, Son of Hades
    The Valley of Graves, Jungle of Alderaan

Vic couldn't help but tremble in anticipation. Here he was, about to fight his eldest brother - and [i]win[/i]. Sure, Ecko was assisting him, and sure, this involved some sort of half-cracked ritual or some such nonsense, but that wasn't important. What was important was that he was going to kick Bakara's sorry butt, formalities be damned.

He flexed his fingers, anxious to begin. He casually tossed a glance up towards his father, Rama, who was looking particularly stone-faced today. [color=indigo]"Any [i]day[/i] now, old man..."[/color] he muttered, returning his gaze to Bakara. Vic flashed his "bro" a cocky grin, the sort of grin one wore right before nailing someone in the face with an overripe fruit. Vic knew, he had done it often.

After what seemed like an eternity, the old man gave the signal to begin. Nearly as quickly, Bakara came darting forward, reaching for Vic's arm. [color=indigo]"Get real, bro,"[/color] the younger brother chided, pulling his arm away and using his momentum to propel him simultaneously to the ground and whip his foot out in an arcing movement. Big guys, like Bakara, had to be dealt with with a certain grace and fluidity. You couldn't beat them in weight alone, so you had to use [i]their[/i] weight against them. Granted, Bakara didn't actually weigh that much, but he was tall, a lot taller than Vic or Ecko. [color=indigo]"Any time you want to jump in, Ecko, be my guest."[/color] Vic continued his verbal tirade, this time directing it at his "partner," his youngest and decidedly deafest brother. Still, Vic loved the little fellow: No matter how much you chided him, he never got angry.

[b]TAG: Peng, Reynar, Winged[/b]

14. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Gallia Tern
    Jungle of Alderaan

Gallia scoffed at her sister?s claim. Elora thought she was so smart, but she didn?t know half of the truth. Gallia didn?t ever climb trees in public, because it was considered inappropriate for a Shistavanen female. That was another thing Elora wouldn?t have any clue about: etiquette. She was boyish and brash, two very different qualities from Gee. One aspect that they did share, though, was a wanton disregard for their own safety. However, whereas Elora would openly advertise her rebellious side, Gallia kept it in check until under the cover of darkness.

Primed to deliver of a chilling retort, Gallia was forced to hold her tongue, by an outburst from their mother. As anxious as Gee had ever seen her, Raksha, the eldest huntress, growled, ?Quickly! Mischa, get up! Sara, Elisthia, leave that for now! Elora and Gallia- stop that at once! All of you, listen to your mother! Mischa, go and fetch Chief Akula! Sara and Elisthia, go and gather the rest of the Pack! Elora and Gallia, go and get your father and brothers, they are at the Valley of Graves! Hurry, you silly girls, hurry!"

Gallia pushed herself to her feet and towards the entrance of the hut, but was shouldered aside by Elora. Her sister glared at her and nearly spit out an insult, then burst out of the den. Gallia bit her lip and then hurried after her sister. Once they were in the open, however, Gallia?s height became her advantage. Her legs were longer than Elora?s and she was able to catch up to her with ease.

Gallia ran fluidly, and followed just behind Elora, conserving a bit of strength for the final stretch.

Tag: Sirak and Wing

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Ecko
    Ecko didn't like what Rama was making he and his two brothers do tonight. Just bringing them to the Valley of Graves was bad enough. It frightened the young boy. The Valley was scary, and definitely a place where he did not want to ever be left alone.

Ecko did have a tendency to think about the worst. It probably came from having such a caring heart and soul. Take tonight, for instance. What would happen if Bakara or Vic happened to get hurt? Or worse, what if Rama got hurt by some form of misfortune? Would the three brothers know what to do in the Valley of Graves, all alone? With luck, Ecko could scout the way back home. With luck.

Tonight, the three brothers were set to battle one another. Ecko had never gotten into a fight before. He'd playfully and frivolously wrestled with his brothers and sisters, sure, but nothing seriously. He doubted either of his elder brothers would allow him to come to harm, but that did not stop him from disliking the situation.

He watched as Bakara made the first move, and saw that Vic countered with a verbal jab and some sort of sliding maneuver. Ecko tried to enter the battle, but everytime he tried, he would hesitate. He started forward, then stopped. He did it again, and again he stopped. What was he supposed to do? This wasn't a playful wrestle, and Rama certainly wasn't smiling.

He bounced softly up and down on his toes, his knees slightly bent as if he were getting ready to pounce. But he didn't plan on pouncing anyone. He would just watch. That's all he could bring himself to do.

Tag: Peng, Ramza, Winged

16. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Akula's Hut, Jungle of Alderaan

Mischa sprinted easily through the maze of vines and creepers that led the way to the home of the Chief, knowing the path so well that she might have done it blindfolded. Eventually she came to the enormous stretch of open ground where the Chief's grand hut sat, proud and tall, the moonlight smiling down upon it and bathing it in majestic silver. The walls were draped in the furs of many creatures of the jungle, and two muscular guards stood watch at the doors. A delicious-looking pile of bloodied and tender meat lay at the entrance, representing the daily offering that the wolves made to their leader.

In a village as peaceful as this one, the role of the guards was ceremonial only, and they recognised the girl at once as she approached.

"Mischa!" they called. "The chief is in, if you wish to see him."

And Akula came forth. A giant among the Shistavanen, he stood seven feet tall, and silver scars rippled all over his dark fur. He moved with an easy grace, striding towards Mischa before picking her up to envelop her in a bone-crushing embrace.

"Hello man cub!" he roared, laughter in his voice. "What brings you to my hut at this time?"

Tag: DarthXan318

[link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_ICexNB8g][i]
    The Wolf Village, Jungle of Alderaan[/i][/link]

[b]Sara[/b] and [b]Elisthia[/b] stepped out into the rain, and found their way to the clearing where the rest of their Pack lived.

Before them stood the old but solidly-built huts of the Pack, all sitting beside one another in a great circle. For a long time had the Pack survived only on what the jungle provided them, rejecting the magicks and technology that came from Outsider creatures. And it had been a happy and proud existence.

The two sisters began crying out loudly for the wolves to awaken, and it was only moments before members of the Pack began to emerge sleepily from their homes.

"Sara," snarled one of the villagers, "if this is some prank of yours, I swear I'll..."

"Elisthia," growled another, "You've got some cheek waking us up at this time. I still remember the last time you woke me up girl, I haven't forgotten about that..."

"Got to have a word with their mother," muttered another, "She won't be happy with their behaviour, will she..."

"It's Rama that's the strict one in that family," piped up someone else, "He keeps them in check..."

For a time the voices all rose in discussion and disagreement, until a lone voice cried,

"Everyone, be quiet!"

And there was silence.

"Now," said one of the wolfmen, nursing a baby cub back to sleep in his arms. "Sara, Elisthia. Why did you wake us?"

[b]Tag: Hamm, Anne[/b]

[hr]

[link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=02CCTKaiDtk]
    [i]The Valley of Graves, Jungle of Alderaan[/i][/link]

[b]Gallia[/b] and [b]Elora[/b] sped off in the direction of the Valley as their mother commanded, tearing through the jungle without need for a light, darting just past the trees without the bark even grazing their skin. The Shistavanen possessed a powerful night vision that was not natural in man cubs, and yet the wolves could not help but be impressed by the adapability of the humans. It was as if their courage and instinct made up for any genetic disadvantage.

Elora led the way until the final turning, and which point Gallia burst forth with energy, leaping forwards at the last moment to overtake her sister and win the race.

They arrived to see their three brothers fighting amongst the graves, while their father [b]Rama[/b] looked on grimly.

[b]Bakara[/b], eldest of the man cubs, darted forwards, attempting to grab [b]Vic[/b], who counter-attacked with a swift maneuver and a cocky grin.

"Good!" barked Rama.

[b]Ecko[/b], meanwhile, tentatively moved towards his brothers a couple of times, before stopping and eventually deciding to simply bounce softly on his toes, clearly unsure of his role in the whole business.

Rama sighed. He had often been hard on Ecko- perhaps a little too harsh, at times- b

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    D'you mean Akula's hut?

IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    Chief's Hut, Jungle of Alderaan

The first thing Mischa did was narrowly avoid colliding into Elora. Her older sister was taller, had longer legs ... and was racing Gallia to the Valley, from the way both of them tore past her. Mischa dodged them both, which brought her to the second thing she did: slip on a wet leaf outside, and just narrowly avoid falling.

Afterwards Mischa proceeded a bit more carefully.

Still, she knew the path to the Chief's hut so well she could do it blindfolded. Mischa sprinted easily through the vines and creepers, slowing only when she reached the stretch of open ground where the grand hut stood, moonlight glinting silver off its walls. The guards recognised her and let her in immediately, and Akula, hearing their call, came out and enveloped her up in a bone-crushing hug. "Hello man cub!" he roared. "What brings you to my hut at this time?"

Mischa laughed and flung her arms around his neck. At seven feet tall, Akula dwarfed her easily; no use insisting she was too old to be picked up by him, for his answer was always When you're taller than me, we'll talk. And she didn't mind being treated like a kid by the chief, anyway. Akula was a giant among the Shistavanen, the great leader of their pack, scary if you did something wrong - but he seemed to have a soft spot for the youngest girl cub, and Mischa liked him immensely. "Put me down!" Mischa shouted, grinning.

"Mother said to get you," she said, once Akula let her slide down - a little breathlessly, for it was a bit difficult to get air when you were squeezed like that. "I - she didn't say why, but she sounded worried." Worried was an understatement; Mischa looked up at the chief, her earlier mirth gone, and tugged at his hand. Of course she couldn't drag him along, but she knew this was urgent. "She said hurry - will you come?"

TAG: Wing

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Well spotted. Edited.

19. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, Daughter of Ares

She arrived at the valley with almost no breath left. Her sister had been too fast. Simply too fast. "Good chase." She admitted with a smile. While she had wished to defeat her sister, she wasn´t stubborn enough to admit defeat. "You are FAST." She grinned and took the last steps, until their father and the three fighting brothers came into view.

Rama, their father, noticed the arrival of Elora and Gallia immdieately. He allowed his sons to continue fighting, and turned to his daughters. Elora stared at her brothers for a long moment. How much she would have loved to fight with the boys. She was skilled fighter.

"Girls! You should not be here at this hour! Return to the den at once!" Rama barked at them. She straightened herself, immediately. She had known he would say that. Her answer would need to be short or they would only loose more time.

"Mum sends us. We shall summon you and she seems very worried about something she saw." She said, her tone refelcting the strange feel of urgency the situation had to her. "She also send for Akula." she then added. Still catching her breath. Waiting for her fathers reply.

Tag: Nick, Winged

20. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Sara Kharatyan, daughter of Dionysus

As the villagers raised their doubts, a massive wave of anxiety - bordering on terror - set in on Sara. The truth was, she didn?t know exactly why Raksha had sent them out. It seemed too urgent for her to ask twice, but looking back, she regretted her haste.

?I - uh...? she struggled to find words, then looked to her older sister, desperately hoping that Elisthia could explain this.

Tag: Anne, Winged

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    Valley of the Graves

His plan hadn't been well-composed to begin with, and now Bakara was paying the price. He tumbled over Vic's outstretched foot, refusing to accept that as a defeat. His arms shot out as he fell, his height providing a distinct advantage as stopped himself from hitting the ground. He felt pain in his wrists, sharp for a moment, then gone, and pushed himself to his feet as quickly as his body would let him. Ecko still remained undecided on his course of action, and Bakara couldn't help but let a smile pass over his face; his little brother was too innocent for words, sometimes.

But there was still the matter of beating Vic at his own game. You're older, taller, and stronger. Today, you win, he thought to himself, steeling his resolve. Every muscle felt like it was spring loaded. Bakara grinned wolfishly (a trait most of the man cubs shared) at his brother. "Watch your feet, Vic. Don't trip."

The older man cub knew his brother couldn't resist the verbal attacks. Bakara surged forward, his long strides closing the gap between them instantly. One hand shot towards Vic's neck, the other swatting an arm out of the way.

Tag: Ramza, Reynar, Winged, gals

22. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    The Wolf Village, Jungle of Alderaan

[i] "Now," said one of the wolfmen, nursing a baby cub back to sleep in his arms. "Sara, Elisthia. Why did you wake us?"

?I - uh...?[/i] Sara stammered for a moment, trying and failing to find the right words, before turning to Elisthia, a sort of [i]Help me![/i] expression on her face. The older girl promptly took over.

?Mother sent us to gather the Pack,? Elisthia quickly explained. ?Something has her worried, I?m not sure what. But she sent our sister Mischa to get Chief Akula as well, so whatever it is, it must be urgent. I apologize for our disturbing you, but we were only doing what we were told.?

[b]Tag: Winged, Hammurabi[/b]

23. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

"Mum sends us. We shall summon you and she seems very worried about something she saw," said Elora. "She also sent for Akula."

"Then this is serious," replied Rama. "We must go."

The wolfman bounded towards his brawling boys, easily batting Bakara's hands away from his brother Vic, and stepping in between them.

"Enough, my sons," he growled. "You are not finished, but there will be another time. We return to the village."

With that, he turned to the oblivious Ecko, caught the boy's eye squarely so that there was no room for confusion, and made a gesture that meant 'follow me'.

Then Rama was off, running through the trees, leading his five cubs back to their home...

And towards the Beginning of Things to Come.

Tag: Sirak, Nick, Reynar, Peng, ramza

24. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Ecko
    Ecko stood back on his heels as two of his sisters, Elora and Gallia, suddenly arrived in the valley and exchanged a few brief but clearly anxious words to Rama. After the short conversation, Rama suddenly interrupted the battle between Bakara and Vic. Ecko swung his head back a bit to flip away bangs that had fallen over his eyebrows and used his hand to pull back the ones that had remained. He was curious as to why the fight had been stopped, and after speaking to Vic and Bakara, Rama turned to the young boy, and gestured for Ecko to follow him. Then Rama was off, running through the trees, leading his five cubs back to their home.

Ecko trotted up to Gallia and tapped her on the shoulder with a look of concern on his face, wanting to know what was wrong.

Tag: Valley Cubs

25. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Gallia Tern

Gallia was still slightly winded from her earlier romp, so she didn?t immediately follow her father. Gee pushed her hair from her eyes and then brought her arms above her head. She rested them on the crown, and took deep breaths in her nose and let them out her mouth.

Gallia felt a soft tap on her shoulder and turned around smiling. She had heard Ecko?s quiet approach and recognized it. Her youngest brother looked concerned, so Gee lightly touched his face. Gallia gestured back towards the den, and made the sign for mother. Then, she waved her arms towards the sky, and peered at it, with her hands cupped over her brow. To finish off, Gallia shrugged, and smiled again, hoping to reassure Ecko that nothing had seemed distractingly dangerous. Gallia was familiar with carting messages all around the Jungle, so this was rather average an occurrence. Raksha had seemed slightly flustered, though, Gee mused, without emotion.

Gallia nodded her head in the direction of the camp, then she applied pressure to Ecko?s back. She started walking slowly, nodding a bit more, before turning to jog after Rama.

Tag: Reynar, Jungle Cats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.