1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    The Valley of Graves, Jungle of Alderaan

"Then this is serious," replied Rama. "We must go."

She nodded, recovering her breath.

The wolfman bounded towards her brothers, easily batting Bakara's hands away from his brother Vic, and stepping in between them. She just realized she had failed to watch their battle. She had a good guess who would win, but it would have been quite a show, anyway. She knew she would never fight the boys. Their people just didn´t do these kind of things. But she was good fighter. She would have loved to have the chance.

"Enough, my sons," Rama growled. "You are not finished, but there will be another time. We return to the village." The fighting stopped. And they made their way back to the village.

Rama, running ahead as they tried to follow. She saw Ecko and Gallia. They were sweet and forced her to smile. And suddenly she had the feeling they were in danger. Or was it a change? Something approached them and it was obvious this was the beginning of it.

Heavy hearted she stopped running and watched the valley a last time. As if she had to fear she would never see it again.

Then she tried to catch up with the others.

Tag: Winged, valleycubs
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    The Valley of Graves

"Enough, my sons," growled Rama, batting Bakara's hands away from his brother. The elder child frowned in confusion. "You are not finished, but there will be another time. We will return to the village." Bakara nodded slowly, but his father was already leading the way back. He gave Vic a look, but saw that his brother was as uncertain as he was. His frown deepened. Gallia and Elora were already following Rama back to the village, and in a hurry, too. Bakara jogged to catch up.

"Gee?" The young boy called for his sister, hoping she'd know what happened - she had just come from the village, after all. "What's happening?"

Tag: Nick, Ramza, Winged, et al
  3. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    IC: Vic, Son of Hades

Vic glared at his father, then at Bakara, and then at his father again. How dare the old man have the audacity to interrupt him in his moment of triumph? He muttered some inaudible curse as he kicked the ground and then stomped off after the others in a huff.

"What the hell is so important that it concerns me this. Very. Second?" he scoffed, picking up his pace in order to keep up. Whatever it was, he was certainly probably not going to care about it.

He glanced at his oldest brother again. He would defeat him in due time. Or, at least, when it was convenient for him. And he wouldn't need any help from Ecko to do it, either. Vic flashed a cocky grin just thinking about the win.

"It is inevitable..." he chuckled.

TAG: Peng, Winged, et al./>
  4. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Ecko
    After Ecko's inquiry to his older sister about what was wrong, Gallia lightly touched his face. She gestured back towards the den, and made the sign for mother. Then, she waved her arms towards the sky, and peered at it, with her hands cupped over her brow. To finish off, Gallia shrugged, and smiled again reassuringly. She nodded her head in the direction of the camp, then applied pressure to Ecko's back. She started walking slowly, nodding a bit more, before turning to jog after Rama.

So mother had seen something in the sky and sent Gallia and Elora to fetch the rest of the pack? Ecko wondered what might have caused her to do that. He looked up as the others trotted ahead, following Rama. It was difficult to see the sky through the dark and twisting trees above. Only the eerie glow of the moon could be seen, and it sent a cold chill down Ecko's spine. Not daring to look anywhere but forward, the boy turned and sprinted towards his brothers and sisters.

Tag: Valley Cubs
  5. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: So...that's the introductory phase over. Brief, right? I prefer to get to the action quickly. This is where the story properly kicks off.

Apologies for the long post, though it looks longer than it actually is. It is important so please read carefully. I'm really looking forward to this next part!

The Wolf Village, Alderaan

There was an ill wind in the air.

The Shistavanen Pack was gathered. Raksha, first huntress and mother of the Man Cubs, sat quietly in the center of the village clearing. It was she who had called this meeting, even as night fell. Her daughters Sara and Elisthia stood at either side of her. Rama, her husband, emerged from the trees with several of his family following close behind- Elora, Gallia, Bakara, Vic, and finally Ecko. From the northern jungle came Mischa, and she was leading Akula, the great and noble chieftain of the Pack.

The man cubs drifted towards each other, and within moments they were laughing and talking and mingling with the other younglings in the village. The adults looked on gravely, as if troubled by Serious Matters, which are of more significance than a child could possibly imagine. In truth, most of them simply wanted to get back to bed.

Eventually Akula called for silence, and so there was silence.

"Raksha!" he called, his voice like a boom of thunder (but a kindly thunder). "Why have you woken us at this late hour?"

"O Chief," replied Raksha, "I saw strange signs in the skies. Ships that I have not seen before, except in my nightmares. Ships of death, and blood."

Whispering spread through the assembled wolves like wildfire. Ships from outside were rare visitors to Alderaan. Sometimes Bagheera the Cathar would stop by in his freighter, usually to see the man cubs (of whom he was very fond). Kaa the Rodian would come every few months to try and sell his wares (to no avail, for the Shistavanen had nothing of value to trade- or at least, nothing that an Important Businessman like Kaa would find valuable). And even Colonel Hathi, leader of the Gamorrean Patrol, had occasionally visited to let Akula know of events and happenings in faraway places.

But this did not sound like any of them.

"Raksha," said Akula, "it could be that you merely imagined such a thing...the night sky looks clear from here. You're tired."

"Do NOT patronise me!" snapped Raksha. "Do not dare!"

The Pack were silent. No other wolf would speak to their Chief in such a manner. Only Raksha had ever been permitted to do so, for the Chief had a deep respect for her. Indeed, it was said that in their younger days, he had offered to make her his bride- but she had refused, for she had already fallen in love with Rama.

"Calm down," replied Akula. "I do not intend offense. But we can see nothing."

"My wife has sight sharper than any wolf I have ever known," spoke up Rama. "Perhaps she sees what we cannot."

"Your opinion is valuable to me, Rama," said Akula, stretching out to his full seven foot frame. "And yet I did not ask for it."

"And yet it was given to you," replied Rama, his head high and his gaze steady.

"Your wife should learn her place," growled Akula.

"And my Chief should be worthy of his," retorted Rama.

"Do not test me, my friend," said Akula, "for my patience is thin."

"And what exactly will you do when it breaks?"

"Would you like to find out?"

"Enough!" came a voice.

The attention of the Pack returned to Raksha, who stood pointing at the stars.

"Look!" she cried.

In the skies far above, some small, dark shapes could now be seen. They were visible by their movements across the sea of stars, slowly drifting across the light. They seemed to be glinting a strange red colour, and they were many in number. They were growing larger. They were long, and thin, and triangular. They were black, with a crimson sheen. They became bigger and bigger and bigger, until it was clear to the whole Pack that these were ships,
    />
  6. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    his voice like a boom of thunder (but a kindly thunder) - lol!!

And... it begins. :D

IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon

Mischa didn't quite forget about the urgency of her errand, precisely, but it was difficult to stay serious when a pair of Shistavanen cubs around her age started cracking jokes. They evidently viewed this as some sort of game. One of them started a funny story about the last time they'd been out of bed at night (to play a trick on their older brother), and the mood was infectious - soon she was laughing along with them -

Then Akula called for silence. Oh. Right. Mischa shifted sheepishly.

She didn't quite understand the exchange that followed. Why would Mother shout at Akula, and why was Akula mad at Father? Mischa glanced between the three adults, faintly puzzled ... but all that flew out of her mind when she saw fear in her father's eyes. Father was never scared. If Father was scared, something was wrong.
    And the look on Akula's face, too ... from that look, something was very wrong.

And it was.

Shere Kahn was here. How could he be here? Everyone knew that name - the Man Cubs especially, for they all knew the story. The story of how Shere Kahn had sworn to destroy all humans in the galaxy was a story Mischa had known for so long, she couldn't even remember not knowing it. It had also evidently been told to them as a warning, but Mischa had never quite taken it seriously. Alderaan was safe ... Alderaan was home, he couldn't be here ... how could he be here?
    What was going to happen to them now?

Mischa shuddered. Father was scared, Mother was really tense, the Chief looked like he was carved out of stone... on instinct, she looked up at her older siblings, her eyes wide, in the vain hope they knew what to do. Surely someone knew what to do?

TAG: Wing, everyone
  7. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: My last post for three or four days

Elora, Daughter of Ares, Wolf Village

She listened to the others as they joked, as they argued, as they discussed. But her mind wasn´t really with them. Among the laughing, playing children around her she felt for a short moment strangely alone. And her eyes wandered, even before they mentioned the ships, to the sky. She could see nothing. But something was there. She . . . felt it.

"What the frek is happening?" She whispered to herself. Then one of the adults spelt it out and brought her back to reality.

"Shere Khan is coming."

The words seemed unreal to her, but despite that, she felt them to be true. Very true.

Togorian Warships. And the great King himself, Shere Kahn. Betrayal. But who? Who knew about them? Bagheera, perhaps? But Elora was quite sure she was rather fond of them. Kee, the rodian? Hathi? The General perhaps.

She heard the voices of all around them. Felt the panic in the people around her rise. And all this because of them. Because her father, her mother had accepted them as their own.

"If they come for us, we must leave!"
    It suddenly bursted out of her. "We must be gone, when he get here!" She shouted into the gathering. They couldnßt endanger the tribe. They couldn´t endanger all they loved. And against warships? They couldn´t make a stand.

Pride about the clearity of her understanding rose, but it was surpressed immediately as she looked down to her smaller brothers and sisters. Were they ready? Was she ready herself?

"Our departure . . . it will save you all." She added almost whispering, while she lay her hand on Mischa´s head. Giving the smallest in the group a sdad but sympathetic smile she looked up. Looked right at the Cief. He couldn´t scare her.

Because nothing could scare her more than leaving her home. Forever.

Tag: DarthXan, WingedJedi, others

8. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Gallia Tern

Gallia watched Raksha claim to have seen a terrible happening in the sky. Ominous craft, of unknown origin, were coming to tiny Alderaan. Then, she watched Akula make an accusation, and Rama come to his wife?s defense. The exchange was about to come to blows, when Raksha intervened and looked skyward, for the second time that night.

Gallia stared in horror, at the appearance of several warships. Gallia could see them immediately, and she could feel them. Before the tribe reacted, she knew who had arrived into the orbit of Alderaan. Gallia was speechless.

Around her, the Shistavanen Pack was slowly realizing the danger. Around her, the jungle shuddered. Rama whispered his fears, but he didn?t dare speak the name. Gallia was sure that he couldn?t. There was a look of fear in her father, that Gee had never seen before. It shook her worse than a fall from the highest tree, worse, even than the arrival of the universe?s horrible tyrant.

Everyone was silent; shocked for a moment. It took Akula to finally say that name that everyone had on their minds. Shere Khan. He was descending, with his Togorian?s, on Alderaan.

Gallia was forced from her stupor, by Elora?s frightful response to this danger. Her sister naively suggested that the Man Cubs flee the planet. Elora was speaking directly to Akula. Gee stepped forward, past Vic; past Ecko, to stand next to Elora.

?Elora, your suggestion is a brave one, but I?m sure our chief realizes what I have come to see. The pack shall never be safe now. Shere Khan is not merciful; he will not spare the wolfs, because we have left. If that tyrant is at Alderaan, then he knows of Akula?s, and the rest of the planet?s, guilt in our upbringing,? she said. Gallia?s words were grim, but the time for action was apparent. Gallia turned to her chief, slightly intimidated by his presence of self, and said, ?Unless the entire pack flees, they shall die.?

Tag: Winged, Sirak, Xany, All
  9. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Winged, I got chills. :D

The Wolf Village

Shere Kahn. The name made Bakara's heart drop like a stone. He suddenly felt very cold and very alone in the world. Rama was nervous, Raksha was nervous...even great Akula was nervous. And the ships were coming, what would that mean? Were the children to stay here, to face the inevitable? One of Akula's sayings sprang to mind, you can't change the past, and Bakara's mood lightened slightly. Maybe not what had happened, but what was going to happen! He looked about the clearing, catching Mischa's worried look. He tried to smile, to reassure her, but even he didn't feel so confident anymore.

There was silence about the clearing, broken by Elora's voice. "If they come for us, we must leave!" It suddenly burst out of her. "We must be gone, when they get here!"

Bakara swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Our departure . . . it will save you all."

He knew, deep down, Elora was right. The Gallia was talking, but Bakara couldn't hear her over the beating of his own heart. He strained his ears, catching her last words. ?Unless the entire pack flees, they shall die.?

The eldest son of Rama and Raksha felt his face flush. Wasn't he supposed to be a man? A leader? A wolf?

Bakara stepped forwards, unsure of himself. "If it's us he wants, then he'll have no qualms with you, right? If we leave and you say we haven't been here for some time...then he won't want you." An idea struck him. "Let us run. Send him after us. You need to save yourselves!"

Tag: Winged, Nick, Sirak, Xan
  10. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Glad to hear it Peng. [face_devil] I noted Ramza making similar comments in the social thread. See, when I played that part of MGS3, it didn't affect me. Mostly because I had the sound turned off and was trying to cover my eyes and continue playing at the same time. :p

"If they come for us, we must leave!" blurted out Elora. "We must be gone, when he gets here! Our departure . . . it will save you all."

?Elora, your suggestion is a brave one," spoke up Gallia, "but I?m sure our chief realizes what I have come to see. The pack shall never be safe now. Shere Khan is not merciful; he will not spare the wolfs, because we have left. If that tyrant is at Alderaan, then he knows of Akula?s, and the rest of the planet?s, guilt in our upbringing. Unless the entire pack flees, they shall die.?

"If it's us he wants," asserted Bakara, "then he'll have no qualms with you, right? If we leave and you say we haven't been here for some time...then he won't want you. Let us run. Send him after us. You need to save yourselves!"

Akula smiled, baring his white fangs (but in a kindly way). He nodded at Rama and Raksha, and the gesture was an acknowledgement. It said: you have brought them up well.

"You are full of courage, little ones," said the great Chief, turning his attention back to the young humans. "But what's all this talk of Shere Khan wanting you? All I see before me are eight wolf cubs like any other in the Pack. Eight particularly ugly wolf cubs, mind you."

There was a light ripple of laughter at the Chief's gentle teasing, but it was muted by the fear that everyone was feeling.

"We are ready for this," he continued. "Rama, gather the weapons."

The father of the man cubs nodded solemnly, his confrontation with the Chief now forgotten, and dashed off with several of the other male adults.

"And Raksha," said Akula, turning to the huntress. "You and the other women will take all cubs and younglings, and that includes your own children, and flee towards the southern fields. There try and send a signal out to allies. My orders are not to be questioned now."

Raksha nodded. She took a moment to bend down towards young Ecko, making her Scary Face and pointing towards the sky, before pointing towards herself and making a 'follow' gesture. When she was satisfied that he understood her, she began gathering the other cubs.

And the ships grew ever larger in the sky.

Tag: all

OOC: I probably won't update again until everyone has a chance to catch up.
  11. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    Elisthia, Child of Hermes

Already made uneasy by her mother?s panic, and further unsettled by the confrontation between Raksha, Rama and Chief Akula, Elisthia paled to see fear in her father?s eyes, and the words, ?Shere Khan is coming,? made her blood run cold. She, like her brothers and sisters, knew the story of the Khil?s warning to Shere Khan, and of the ruler?s oath. She understood the danger in which the Man Cubs? presence placed their entire pack, but she had never really believed that Shere Khan would ever find out about them.

How could he know? Who had told him, who had betrayed them? Not Bagheera, surely not. Hathi? Possible, but not likely?Kaa, perhaps? There were only so many who knew of their existence, of their location?

Already, some among her brothers and sisters were speaking out, suggesting that the children leave at once, to protect the pack from Shere Khan?s wrath. If she had truly believed that it would work, Elisthia was more than willing, but somehow she was unconvinced that the tyrant would spare the pack simply because the Man Cubs were no longer there. The pack had raised them, protected them--harbored the enemy, from Shere Khan?s point of view, and he was not one to suffer such treason. Regardless of whether the Man Cubs stayed or left, the pack remained in grave danger.

Akula seemed to know this as well, for he sent Rama with several others to gather weapons?whether to make a stand against the Togorians or simply for defense, Elisthia did not know, nor was she sure she wanted to?and instructed Raksha to take the females and younglings of the pack?including the Man Cubs?to the south. After relaying the most necessary information to Elisthia?s youngest brother Ecko, Raksha began to carry out those orders. Not knowing what else to do, Elisthia moved to help, but not before casting a nervous glance to the ever-approaching ships above them.

Tag: All
    />
  12. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Okay: Mischa wasn't quite scared enough to be happy about being patted on the head. She shifted a little and glared petulantly up at Elora, who really should know better, and only subsided when Bakara shot her a small smile. Not that her older sister noticed, anyway. Elora was addressing Akula, suggesting the Man Cubs leave; Gallia said what Mischa was thinking, that that wouldn't work. Of course not. It couldn't be that easy.

Then Akula smiled round at them, baring his white fangs. He had no intention of sending the Man Cubs away: indeed, he declared they were no different from the rest of the pack, and immediately began issuing orders. Mischa relaxed. Sure, Shere Kahn was here, and that was very bad - but if the Chief had a plan, everything would be alright. He sent Father ran off with a few other men to gather weapons, and Mother called for the cubs to gather around her.

Mischa followed the others, lagging a bit as she looked up at the stars - or rather, at the huge ships that were blocking out the stars. Long, thin, triangular, and glinting black and red in the moonlight ... they looked kind of like claws, or maybe arrowheads, dripping with blood.
    Blood ... Mischa shivered. She felt strange ... she had the uncomfortable feeling that blood would be spilled tonight, for real, not just in practice fights or playground tussles ... but that wasn't all of it. Something was going to happen, soon ... because ... because this was the turning point. Everything was going to change ...

TAG: Wing, everyone (whoever wants to heckle Mischa for dawdling, maybe. :p)
  13. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    IC: Vic, Child of Hades

The news was impressive enough to almost cause Vic to drop his muja fruit. Almost. Shere Kahn... Now there was a name even Vic managed at least a quantum of respect for. Shere Kahn was feared throughout the galaxy, and rightfully so. Vic took a bite of his fruit, allowing the red-orange juice to trail down his chin momentarily before wiping them. Elora and Gee, being typical girls, were concerned for everyone's safety, as was Bakara who, Vic noted, was trying rather hard to be the adult he wasn't.

Akula's comment managed to elicit a chuckle out of Vic. The old Chief was alright... for an old fart. Vic didn't much care for anyone over the age of 18. Nor did he, for that matter, care very much for the plan. Heading towards the Southern Plains was anything but Vic's idea of a good time, and he allowed that sentiment to manifest itself in a rather noticeable scowl on his features. This itself lasted about as long as it took his mother to reconvey the plan to Ecko.

"Such a thorough translation..." Vic muttered sarcastically beneath his breath before he followed off after the others, but not before picking another muja fruit for the road.

Taking the opportunity to glance back, he noticed Mischa dallying behind the rest of the family. "No hurry, Sis, the people in those ships only want to kill you..." he called back with an easily detected level of sardonicism.

TAG: Xan, all/>
  14. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: A bit short on time at the moment, so I apologize if this post is a bit brief.

Sara Kharatyan, daughter of Dionysus

Worry turned to fear when the ships reappeared in the sky. Togorian warships. It sent a chill through Sara. She remembered Shere Kahn?s assurance and realized she was as good as dead. If her life wasn?t over, her childhood certainly was. In the unlikely event that she survived the night, the rest of her life would be spent on the run. She took in the air as they fled through the jungle; it might be the last time she walked the soil of her homeland.

It was a lot for her to take in. She wasn?t sure how to feel about Akula?s decision to volunteer the pack in defense of the man cubs. She worried for the pack?s survival - no one in all the Jungles of the galaxy was as feared as Shere Kahn - and couldn?t imagine tonight would be worth it for the pack. Since birth, Sara had been keenly aware of the danger she was imposing on the pack; certain members never let her forget this. Indeed, the night?s decision was likely to cause some division within the pack, and Sara didn?t blame them. In Akula?s place, she would not have decided the same.

Tag: Winged, the cubs
  15. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    The Wolf Village

As Bakara turned to leave, he heard Vic call out to Mischa. "No hurry, Sis, the people in those ships only want to kill you..."

Bakara inhaled sharply. He turned to look at his "brother". "And you, Vic. Why don't you shut up for once? It's not like you'll get special treatment from Shere Kahn!"

He squared his shoulders, fuming at this...kid, this fool that dared to speak to Mischa like that. Bakara hated seeing his little sister sad. He took her hand, leading her past Vic and away from the clearing. He smiled down at her, trying to cool his temper; sometimes it got the better of him and sometimes he made the wrong decision.

"Don't listen to him, Mischa, okay? We're gonna be fine."

Tag: Ramza, Xan
  16. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have just noticed, somehow, that it's Shere Khan and not Kahn. :oops:

Vic's voice, sarcastic as ever, cut short Mischa's musings. She whirled around, glaring, but also feeling hurt and a little shamefaced ? not that she would admit to that. Alright, she had fallen behind a little, but so what if she was taking a look? Her older brother could be such a jerk sometimes - she opened her mouth to retort -

Only to be beaten to it by her other older brother, Bakara. "And you, Vic," he snapped. "Why don't you shut up for once? It's not like you'll get special treatment from Shere Khan!" He took Mischa's hand and pulled her along with another little smile; Mischa didn't object, although she hadn't liked to be led by the hand like a small cub for while. She liked Bakara; he always tried to look out for her. "Don't listen to him, Mischa, okay? We're gonna be fine."

"I won't," Mischa lied quickly. The truth was, she very much wanted to believe Bakara, but Vic's words had shaken her more than she wanted to admit. Why though? She had been quite reassured by the Chief?s quick response, only she had looked up and seen ... what?

"We will be okay, won't we, Bakra?" Mischa asked softly. "Mother and everyone won't let anything happen to us..."

They were just ships, up in the sky; just ships, just like the ones she had seen before. Sure they carried Shere Khan and Shere Khan was scary - more than scary - but they weren?t bloody arrowheads or anything. That was just her imagination, overactive as always, like Mother said. But Mischa couldn't resist a quick glance up just to be sure.

TAG: Ramza, Peng, all
  17. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: So I am back for duty

Elora, Daughter of Ares

She heard the words of the chieftain and the spirits raised. The men were ready to fight, their allies would be summoned and they would be brought away. Everybody was ready to stand up for them. She was called brave by the chieftain. He was proud of her and her sister, Gallia. All this should have made her happy. But . . . it didn´t.

There was this feeling she couldn´t shake. The anticipation of something terrible. Of something she couldn´t stop. She could not even grab. Something that would inevitable.

Probably
    , she thought to herself, it is only your fear? She had never been fearful. Maybe it was this moment that forced her to confront this unknown emotion. But fear also was an enemy. And like every enemy, she told herself, it can be defeated.

She just felt, she wouldn´t.

With a sigh she realized her helplessness. She had always thought in the moment of greatest
    danger she would need to stand up. Now she was running and hiding. And even happy about it.

Vic made Mischa scared. She saw it from the side and smiled as Bakra took her little sisters hand. Mischa looked up into the sky. The ships grew in size with every moment. And they all knew who was on them and what this man had promised to do to them.

With a sigh she followed the group.

Tag: Winged Jedi, anybody
  18. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    The Wolf Village

Bakara forced a sheepish smile, glancing down at his sister. "Yeah. They'll do everything they can to help us." He couldn't meet her eyes, though, and that bothered him. He let go of her hand gently, suddenly feeling like a liar. The truth was, Bakara didn't think his family would be able to stop Shere Khan...

The smile dropped from his face, and the eldest son of Rama and Raksha felt very much alone and helpless in the world. He looked up at the sky, staring at the ships that were coming ever closer....

Tag: Xan, Ramza, Winged
  19. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6

Vic shot his elder brother a harsh mental glare as he took a particularly vicious bite out of his muja fruit. "Maybe he would treat me differently, we don't know how he operates..." Bakara was always too concerned with acting like a grown-up to notice one of the simple facts Vic had picked up over the years: Everyone had rules. Bakara did, Vic did, even Shere Khan did. The key to getting through life was to bend those very rules. Contort them, lean on them, press them... whatever it took. Success was just a measurement of how well you could bend the rules without breaking them.

Failure was a measurement of how often they snapped.

He tossed away the hollowed-out rind of his muja fruit and began working on his second one, wiping away some of the orange-red juice from his jaw before he did so. He strolled over to one of his sisters, Sara, eager for someone to complain to. "What's Bakara got stuck up his hindquarters, d'you suppose?" he asked, as he took another bite.

Unlike his brother's attitude, Vic never got tired of a good piece of fruit.

TAG: Hammurabi, et al/>
  20. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    Sara Kharatyan, daughter of Dionysus

For a while, Sara quietly listened to the exchange, not wanting to get too involved. Caught up in her own thoughts and concerns. The petty squabbles of siblings seemed so small with Togorian warships overhead, drawing ever closer. It occurred to her that she probably wouldn?t ever again see Rama - even if the both of them survived the night (and even this she didn?t think was likely), her home would never again be safe for her. Just like that, and her father was gone forever. A heavy weight grew in her throat.

Of course, she could only avoid her sibling?s affairs for so long; eventually, Vic approached her to break her out of her introspection. "What's Bakara got stuck up his hindquarters, d'you suppose?"

Sara shrugged. Looked down for a moment, then back up at her brother. She gathered herself as best she could, and, choking back the sadness and fear, pieced together a few words out of all the thoughts running around in her head: ?I don?t know. Probably he?s concerned. Afraid. Y?know - Togorian warships, Shere Khan...? She looked down again, and sighed. ?I don?t know.?

Tag: ramza and the others
  21. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Gallia Tern

Perhaps she was pessimistic, or perhaps she just was honest with herself, but Gallia had a lingering concern that every single wolf that wasn?t currently fleeing, was going to be slain. Gee had heard terrible stories of Shere Khan?s ferocity and merciless nature all her life, and, now, it seemed she was the only one who remembered them accurately. Or, maybe she had just been the only one to hang on every word. Khan had always seemed terrifying, but, he was a legend. Everyone in the galaxy knew him, and respected him, if they didn?t fear him.

And, suddenly, Gallia wasn?t just petrified by the idea of his presence, but also overcome by an urge to meet him. Perhaps it was the confusion of the situation, or some internal tick, but Gallia was, somewhat, jealous of his inter-galactic regard. The thought scared Gee, so she shook her head and focused on something permeable. In this case, she turned her eyes on Vic.

She had been watching, but not really hearing, Vic?s pugnacity since the end of the clan meeting. He was incorrigible, and Gallia was entirely weary of his complaints. She lengthened her stride, to catch up to Vic and then interjected into his exchange with Sara. ?Bakara realizes the distraught in the air, Vic. He?s managed to grasp hold of the significance of our situation. Shere Khan is coming, and you?re still fooling around, as if this is a dream, or something you can run away from. But, it isn?t. This is your life, and unless you wise up, it?s going to end with your inglorious slaughter.?

Gallia was breathing heavy by the end of her tirade, and was forced to slow her pace, a bit, so she was slightly behind Vic. Gallia brought her hands to her face and shook violently. She was confused and angry, and the combination was taking a toll on her self-control. In any other situation, Gee would never have revealed her pain. She was disappointed in herself, for allowing Vic to break her down.

Tag: Ram, Peng, Hammur, Xany, Winged, All
  22. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Sirak, welcome back. :)

Xany, I seem to remember you also forgetting Joshua's name at the start of Lea Monde...this is your final warning. :p

Update upcoming.

First, a couple things. There's no particular reason I'm mentioning them now, I just didn't want to overload you with info in the opening post.

On Post Length

Don't feel pressured into padding out your posts if you feel they're too short. Write as much or as little as you feel is appropriate for your character and for the situation. You're all very capable roleplayers, so have faith in your own judgement.

If in doubt, be concise.

On Absences

I know of no completed game that has kept all of its players from start to finish. I doubt we will be the exception.

I am very glad not to have lost anyone thus far; I fully expect that RL will eventually claim some of you. Hopefully the absences will be temporary and infrequent, though permanent departures do sometimes occur.

Trust me, I understand.

If a player does not respond to a tag within a week, I will assume temporary control of the character. At first I will simply move the character along. If the absence becomes prolonged, I will begin to actually play the character properly as opposed to just shuffling him/her from event to event. Upon the player's return, I will hand back control.

If you know in advance that you are going to be away for more than a week, or if you wish to leave the game completely, please inform me. It is an easy enough courtesy, and it helps me to plan ahead and maintain a steady pace.

Finally, it is conceivable that I could end up with only a couple of players left, with the rest of the Man Cubs being GM-controlled. That does not worry me in the slightest. As long as I can guide even one player to the end of this story, I will be happy. And I promise you, it will be worth it.

/>
  23. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6

"Now I, personally, think it may very well be a stick..." Vic replied, his attention still on Sara. He really hated this sort of gloom-and-doom atmosphere, and it made him wonder just how these same siblings were able to stay so jolly the majority of the time. "Look, cheer up, alright? There's still a chance we'll be just fine." An exceptionally small chance... he added mentally.

"And really, Gee, give me a little credit. I'm not so stupid that I don't realize just what all this means. But y'know, if I let them control my attitude, what's the point in going on? I mean, by that point Shere Khan's already won." He took a bite out of his fruit. "I know I'm not exactly everyone's favorite source of wisdom, but it's pretty amazing that I'm the only one who sees that. Actually, scratch that, it's not surprising at all."

He kicked a rock in disgust, and then stomped off to a more secluded spot along their path. "Self-righteous rroafs..." he whispered angrily, using a Shistavanen phrase he was particularly fond of.

TAG: Hammurabi, Nick, et al./>
  24. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Ecko
    Ecko was scared. That much was certain. Now of course, the young boy was no stranger to fear, for he'd gotten himself stuck in a tree a bit too tall for his tastes many times. He'd witnessed a fair share of strong thunderstorms, been forced to endure total darkness, and many other childish fears. But this was different.

Ecko was crying. Now there aren't many sights in this universe more heartbreaking than that of tears of sadness trickling down a young, innocent child's face, but that is exactly what was happening. They streamed out of his eyes like droplets of water from a faucet as he approached Raksha. While his brothers and sisters tended to each other, the only thing Ecko wanted was the comfort of his mother's fur, her warm and gentle touch. He stood beside her, brought his arms around her and dug his face into her shoulder, sobbing. The levee had broken.

Tag: Winged, others
  25. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah yeah. I'm just horrible with names. :( Funnily enough it's the long complicated ones I have less trouble with - because then I keep practising until I know I've spelt them right. :p

Leaving the Wolf Village, Alderaan

Mischa nodded. Bakara was the eldest and nearly an adult, so if he thought they'd be fine too, then she really shouldn't worry ... so she did her best to squash it down. No need to think about those ships any more. The Togorians would come, but Father would just fight them off and everything would be fine. Right.

From behind them, she heard Gallia loudly telling Vic off. Mischa grinned, oddly cheered. Bakara let go of her hand, and Mischa ran on ahead to catch up with the pair of cubs she had been talking to earlier. She wanted to ask them more about that prank of theirs, and while she could see in their eyes that they were nervous too, they were happy to tell her.

TAG: Wing, whoever
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.