main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Susul Damasca, Son of Heracles
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

Even with it being as dark as it is, the night vision goggles that remained over Susul's eyes showed him what, exactly, was going on. When the first appeared, a spike of fear had shot through him, wondering if they had finally caught the attention of one of Kashyyyk's predators. He actually halted for a moment, his blaster raising to track one of them - some kind of feline that had what looked like more then one pair of eyes and a lot more teeth - but the creature, who seemed to ignore him completely, continued running ahead with the rest of the herd of animals that were running in the same direction as he and Malacoda.

"She isz ussing it to ssummon the beasts of the foresst to her! We musst hurry!"

"Do I even want to know why?" Susul questioned, his feet already sprinting him forward once again as he immediately assumed that no, no he didn't want to know why. He glanced down at his rifle, checking to make sure that the grenade launcher was indeed loaded and that he still had plenty of charge.

Hit her hard and fast. She was already wounded so hopefully he could finish her off quickly and decisively before he witnessed anymore "wonders" of this artifact.

TAG: Winged

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Cato, Son of Achilles
    Obsidian Tower

"Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr!" His scream was primal. And his controlled, disciplined, technical way of fighting he had perfected over 25 years of military training was gone. Now he fought like an animal. A predator. A superior predator to these . . . preys.

Before he met the charging Rakatan´s he fell to his knees, sliding over the floor and sinking his long dagger deep into the legs of two of them. Before the hit the floor, he catapulted himself up and dodged a strike from a blade. His arm went under the cover and sliced through the right side of on of the hammerheads. Severing the eye and what remained of his brain there. Angry he kicked the giant Rakatan to send him back into the others. The fell down, rolling down the stairs again. Of those two, that had hurt legs one had come back to his feet. Cato felt how fast, how strong he had become. The Rakatan cut with his own dagger and Cato did not feel the need to doge it. The contrary was the case. The hurting of a blade slicing through his breast made him feel alive. His own blade dived into the flesh of the mans throat, meanwhile. Severing his veins and arteries and withdrawing from it in one violent pull. He allowed that man to follow his colleagues down the stairs and grabbed the last one. The Rakatan lost too much blood. too much to defend himself. Cato was amazed how easy he dragged the massive body after him into Gorgon´s chamber. Inside he closed the door and blocked them with the sword of the wounded Rakatan. Outside the rakatans hammered against the iron. Cato ignored them. He only looked at Avergus. Barely visible, like a ghost from legend. He wanted to say something. Make something of that. Realize it. Appreciate it. Wonder about it.

He couldn´t. All he felt was hunger.

And he leaned above the Rakatan. The man grabbed his throat in a last attempt to defend himself. But Cato grinned only and severed his sinews under the arm. The scream was drowned in a gasping, as the tendrils shot out of Cato´s face and into the mans nose. Finding it easily. As they did that themselves. And then . . . ecstasy. An unspeakable ecstasy as life was drained out of the victim. As his very essence served Cato for food. Oh how sweet. How very sweet.

It last less than a minute and Cato allowed the head of the lifeless Rakatan to drop to the ground. Still someone trying to get inside. He looked up. To Avergus. Who was obviously dead. A ghost now. Another dead human and then to Gorgon.

"What have you done to me! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?"

Tag: Winged

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Averagus Anead-Son of Theseus
    Criton´s Point, The Obsidion Tower

It was as if the world had lost it's sanity, if it had ever possessed it. The General who he had, now upon reflection, felt always carried a dagger in his eyes was now spewing them from his cheeks. Was this fire so purple then bound in it's changes to reflect the heart and mind it found inside? Enhancing that nature until a warrior general itching for a fight, was reduced and raised to the level of one that seemed to live for it. Even the Gorgon seemed at a loss as it whispered to whatever gods a plant believed.

If so what did that make him? Before, present, future. Was he so detached in his view of this, when yet he believed it all just another dream, that he was now doomed to be the aspect of dream within the realm of the living. Forever seeing, forever learning, forever to lay words upon the mists of reality, but for-never to touch nor leave a physical mark upon the times.

His body was dead, that much he could tell as Cato dragged in his prize and barred the doors. No body could go that long without breath or blinking and yet live.

So he watched silently, observing as the daggers from what had been the last of humanity surge up the nostril slits of the Rakkatan. Ecstasy seemed to play across Cato's eyes, before it all was over.

Questions raged from the man and he simply turned to the tree. "Breath, think, and speak. We deserve more than merely the obvious."

Actually, now that he thought about it, not only had his body not breathed yet, but neither had he.

TAG: Winged, Fin

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    Aboard the Geppetto

"It ain't where you're from, it's where you're going to." ~Joel Plaskett

Bakara frowned. Steam's offer of peace and an exchange of one ship for the other was fair...but not for Chil or Darzee.

It was certainly tempting. He wanted to make the deal, so very badly, but he couldn't...could he?

Two choices.

Or were there?

What if he took the third option? A decision of his own? Eliminate two birds with one stone?

"Let me speak to the crew. We can come to some agreement."

Plans were forming.
    [/blockquote]
    [b]Tag: Winged[/b]

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Haha, your sense of timing is perfect as usual. :D

IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    The Lair of Kroni, Prakith

Mischa let out a breath she didn't remember holding.

It was as if some evil presence had just been lifted from the place. The horrible redness was gone, replaced by the usual shades of grey, the smell of dank decay was gone - and then there was Elora's presence, bright and blazing from across the room. She was safe after all!

"Elora!" Mischa called, grinning. Forgetting the pain on her palm, she bounded into the room ahead of Vilevein and Elisthia. "Elora, you did it, you -"

Then her Sight caught up with her brain, and Mischa paused. It wasn't just Elora in the room. A little Mon Calamari girl cowered in a corner, near an enormous, unkempt Togorian corpse that was splayed out across the room in a manner that left no doubt as to how he ended up dead - Kroni, for sure. And standing over them -

Elora, covered in dirt and blood and gripping a blood-drenched vibroblade. Oh. She ... killed him, then.

Somehow this was disturbing. Sure, Mischa 'knew' that if there was anyone that deserved to die it was Kroni, and that he'd probably also tried to kill Elora and the girl both, but knowing was somehow different from actually seeing her sister standing over his corpse with a weapon.

Mischa bit her lip. "Elora...?"

TAG: Sirak, Anne, Wing

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Lair of Khroni Khan

Elora kneelt and smiled, as the light went on. She was aware she had to look terrible. Had to frighten the girl. But she smiled. An honest, gentle smile. "Little one, my name is Elora. Your father awaits you, up there." She nodded. "I´ll bring you to him." And only then she felt her sisters. Elisthia. Mischa.

She turned her head and smiled to Mischa, too. Then to Elisthia. It was a sad and exhausted smile.

"Elora . . .?" Mischa asked. And it was frightening how clear and visible her fear and insecurity was now. Did it frighten her so much? Yes, maybe. In her heart Elora had felt, that her path would be a lonely one. "Mischa. Elisthia." Her eyes wondered to the Nogri who had come with them. And her hand took her rifle from the ground without looking. "He is dead. It is over." Elora simply stated and then turned to the little girl again.

"Time to get ou to your father, yes? Would you like that?" She reached out to the girl. Offering her hand. "Lou, tell the MonCal that has arrived last I got his girl and she is healthy and well. She´ll be up there in a moment. And the others. Tell them their torturer won´t harm them anymore." She looked at the body of Khori Kahn. "Never." Then Elora turned to her sisters and nodded. "Are you two okay?" She asked, getting her rifle back over her shoulder and her blade back on her back.

Tag: Xan, Anne

7. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

[b]Sarge221[/b]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPRftE8qtVA][i]Heart of the Forest, Shadowlands, Kashyyyk[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Malacoda didn't answer Susul's question, but Chang'e's motivation for summoning the animals soon became clear enough.

As the pair raced through the trees, they noticed a purple light pulsing in the distance, acting like a beacon in the darkness. The forest creatures were charging towards it without regard for anything else. The closer the beasts got to the beacon, the more desperate they became to reach it, tearing past each other and scraping painfully through low branches and vegetation to try and reach their goal.

Susul and Malacoda were a short way behind this madness, slowing down cautiously as they approached their target. They could see a large pyramid shaped object planted within the soil, about the size of a man. Chang'e was levitating above it, wreathed in a purple flame. As soon as the animals reached her they immediately became docile and dropped to the ground, completely static, as if waiting for further instruction.

By all appearances, she was gathering a small army of creatures to command.

[/color]
    [hr]

[b]Penguinator-176[/b]

[i]Aboard the[/i] Mang ([i]Hangar Bay of the [/i]Geppetto[i])[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Steam had agreed to their request, and permitted Bakara and Gallia to return to their ship, which was now docked safely in the bay of the [i]Geppetto[/i]. It was probably the only place they could speak without fear of being eavesdropped on, which seemed to reflect Steam's trust in them.

?What?s the problem?? asked Chil, as the two humans stepped back on board. ?How are the negotiations going??

Darzee said nothing, but it was clear he was listening very carefully.

[/color]
    [hr]

[b]DarkLordOfTheFins, Mitth_Fisto[/b]

[i]The Gorgon's Throne Room, The Obsidian Tower, Criton's Point[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]

"What have you done to me!" raged the monstrous Cato. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?"

"Breath, think, and speak," urged the ethereal Averagus. "We deserve more than merely the obvious."

The great tree was at a loss for words for a few moments, before finally offering something by way of explanation.

?The purple flame is a manifestation of evil,? explained the Gorgon. ?It is a primordial force, first harnessed by a vile Rakatan named Nergal, and his Togorian apprentice, Kroni Khan. Together they searched for a path to immortality, and thought the key lay in the power of the fire. In one of their twisted experiments, they transformed me into a vessel for carrying their foul flame.

"It alters individuals in ways that I do not understand. But I have never seen such horrific changes as these...but then I do not think human bodies have ever been exposed to it before.?
    [/color]
    [/blockquote]
    [hr]

8. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    Lair of Kroni Khan, Prakith

Probably a dozen questions went through her mind as Elisthia observed the scene before her, shock dissolving away to concern as Elora spoke briefly to the frightened Mon Calamari girl, then to LOU-1E over the comm, then finally addressing Mischa and Elisthia, asking if they were all right.

?For the most part, yes,? she finally answered, calmly tearing a strip of cloth from her sleeve and wrapping it around her bleeding hand, before meeting her sister?s gaze. ?I was actually about to ask you the same thing. You all right??

The notion that her sister?her sister?had managed to kill Kroni Khan?a feat not even his wife had been able to accomplish, despite numerous alleged attempts?was both surprising?and a little disturbing. Elisthia had faith in her sister?s abilities, but as she had mentally noted before, the odds probably hadn?t been in Elora?s favor in this fight, and gods only knew what else she?d had to endure to get down here?

?We found Bagheera, by the way,? she added, wondering if, in her crusade to free Kroni?s prisoners, Elora might have forgotten the one reason she?d been in the Dome in the first place. ?He?s okay, and he?s waiting for us back at the Citadel.?

Tag: Xan, Sirak, Winged

9. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, SirakRomar

Lair of Kroni Khan, Prakith

As the girls re-united, the prevailing mood seemed to be one of relief and perhaps a little shock.

Vilevein was unable to speak. The Noghri bent low over the body of Khan, surveying every inch of the Togorian's vast and bloodied form. After a moment, he stood up, shaking his head.

"I do not believe this," he hissed. He looked towards the ceiling. "This lair is impregnable...and Kroni was invincible..."

It was unclear to tell if he was happy or not that Khan was dead, but he certainly meant no harm towards the girls.

"We will head up to the surface, then. I think it is finally time to leave this planet...for all of us."

[b]Winged_Jedi[/b]

[link=http://splicd.com/_eSrBMsIw3s/15/189][i]Kali's Bedchamber, Prakith[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Bhairavi screamed, writhing on the ground.

"It's okay!" said Bagheera, vainly trying to reassure her. "Just stay calm!"

But he was not exactly a natural midwife. He'd never delivered a child of his own species before, let alone a Togorian. And a premature birth, too, which only complicated matters.

"He's dead," Kali was repeating to herself, as she had been doing for the last several minutes. She was completely oblivious to the events at her feet, and instead sat rocking in her web, staring blankly at the floor. "He's dead, he's dead, he's dead, he's dead..."

Unfortunately for Bagheera, the Queen Mother's sudden lapse into this state had coincided with Bhairavi entering labour, almost immediately after the girls and Vilevein had left. Which left him having to deal with the situation on his own.

"Please call for help!" he pleaded, looking to Kali while simultaneously attempting to lie Bhairavi still on the floor. "Or at least come down here and lend me a paw!"

"He's dead, you know," replied Kali simply. "He's dead...he's dead, he's dead..."

"B-Bagheera!" wailed Bhairavi, her face contorted with pain. "I...I c-can't...I can't do this..."

"Yes you can," replied the Cathar as firmly as he could manage. He wiped his brow, and prayed that the gods would smile on him just one more time...
    [/color]

[hr]
    [/blockquote]

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

Susul slowed as the purple light came into view, not just because they were actually drawing close to their target but also because of the increased ferocity of the gathered animals. Their desperation to reaching the light made the young Damasca think that remaining within the large pack would be a danger to his health whether because of the increased danger of getting trampled or one of the more impatient predators lashing out with their claws or teeth at the human or Barabel obstacles.

Susul had to shut off the night vision goggles as they drew closer, the purple light starting to become a hindrance to his eyesight. It didn't matter, the same light was giving him enough illumination to see Chang'e.

Slowly, the soldier brought up his rifle, looking down the sights as he targeted the Tiss'shar. Now he could see that the purple light was actually from fire of the same color and beneath the floating Chang'e was what had to be the artifact; what looked like a pyramid. And circled around both were the animals that had been running so vigorously to reach this location, now silent and seeming to wait for new orders like dogs to their masters.

Susul's plan of striking fast and hard was still in his mind but he had to give a moment for further thought. From what he could plainly see, with the use of the artifact, Chang'e had managed to form some kind of control over the gathered animals. If he did strike now and slay her, he had to figure that the control she had which kept the animals docile would be broken and cause predator and prey to remember their place in the animal kingdom.

"You might want to find someplace to hide," Susul whispered to Malacoda. "things might get a little crazy if I attack her now."

Raising his rifle just a tad more, trying to figure out the proper positioning that would allow his grenade to fly straight and true, Susul glanced over at the Barabel. He still remembered Malacoda's connection to the artifact, his own physical and mental status's having been twisted like the Tiss'shars. This close, Susul was worried that the artifact might be reaching out to further corrupt his companion.

11. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Sarge221

Heart of the Forest, Shadowlands, Kashyyyk

Susul had the right idea, but his instruction came a fraction too late.

Malacoda was already moving, a glazed look in his eyes, towards Chang'e. He was clearly intent on joining her brigade of beasts. His tail whipped around behind him slowly, as if to threaten violence should Susul try and stop him.

The young human was, however, able to locate a perfect angle from which to lob a grenade at the levitating Chang'e...and the Tiss'shar seemed unaware of his presence. At the moment.

[u][b]Fates Fulfilled[/b][/u]

[b][color=green]Child of Hephaestus[/color][/b]
    -You will be permanently and horrifically disfigured early on
    -You will kill several Devaronians at once with your bare hands

[b][color=silver]Child of Hermes[/color][/b]
    -You will rescue the first Child who dies (you will rescue them from the underworld)
    -You will hunt down and fell an evil tree

[b][color=blue]Child of Poseidon[/color][/b]
    -You will be killed very early on by Shere Khan
    -You will lose a sense permanently

[b][color=orange]Child of Apollo[/color][/b]
    -You will torture the Rodian named Kaa

[b][color=indigo]Child of Hades[/color][/b]
    -You will become the personal slave of Shere Khan

[b][color=yellow]Child of Zeus[/color][/b]
    -You will become best friends with Baloo

[b][color=darkred]Child of Achilles[/color][/b]
    -You will be transformed into a vampire

[b][color=darkblue]Child of Theseus[/color][/b]
    -You will be separated from your body and become a wandering spirit
    [/blockquote]

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands, Heart of the Forest

With a silent curse, Susul realized that it was too late as the Barabel stepped forward, seemingly entranced by the same force that gripped the animals of the Shadowlands. Looking from Malacoda to Chang'e and then back to Malacoda, Susul gritted his teeth. He didn't dare try and stop Malacoda, a wary eye on his tail making any thought to do so becoming dashed in Susul's mind. Turning his gaze back to the floating Chang'e and the pyramid, Susul readjusted his rifle.

He was concerned for Malacoda but the young soldier found that his choices were quite nonexistent. Chang'e was planning something and the ideas of what you would want with a small army of predators for wasn't exactly sitting well in Susul's mind. Malacoda did mention that the Tiss'shars desired to reach the surface of Kashyyyk for...what he didn't know. He just knew that it definitely wasn't going to be for anything good especially if Ecko and the others got caught in the wake.

He didn't have much choice. If Chang'e hadn't noticed them yet, the approach of Malacoda was going to blow his cover soon enough.

Holding his breath, Susul squeezed the trigger of his launcher and the grenade went flying towards Chang'e.

13. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Kippa Lo
    Space

Kippa was woken suddenly by a constantly pounding on the ship. It was odd that the ship rocked this much; something was out of order. Not knowing what it was that was causing his ship to threaten to fall apart, Kippa stared out the viewport. The planet of Sullust was a desolate place, full of craters and black smoke. Kippa knew that this was not a place that he would want to live for very long. How exactly could anyone live on such a planet? It was just so . . . uninhabitable.

A voice on the comm system startled Kippa.

"Ship approaching G'rinn Go city, identify yourself. All passage to and from the spaceport is currently restricted."

This set Kippa on his heels. He hadn't been expecting a rude greeting to the planet, but with the way the planet looked from the outside, someone down there probably had a grudge about their surroundings. Choosing his words carefully, Kippa started to bumble through a speech into the comm.

Um . . . parts and technical for the . . . planetary factory infrastructure.

He wasn't sure if this excuse would work, as he was not quite sure if Sullust even had factories. What were the people down there trying to hide, anyways? It seemed odd that all space travel was restricted; something was definitely out of place. Kippa waited for a response, holding his hand on the boost lever in case his excuse did not clear the tower's guidelines.

14. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

The smile Elora gave her was sad and exhausted, and Mischa was immediately ashamed of herself. So her sister had killed Kroni - hadn't they basically come here to do that in the first place? They had rushed down here to make sure he didn't kill Elora; that it turned out Elora hadn't needed help there shouldn't change anything.

Elora looked different now, though not in a bad way. Her Force presence seemed somehow brighter, as if fighting Kroni had unlocked something within her, or focused something, or things along those lines. Indeed, Mischa sensed that Elora's touch on the Force - the 'echo' they had sensed from each other days ago - was stronger. But there was also a bit of distance in her now, as if she had taken a step down a path she didn't mean for them to follow... and that made Mischa inexplicably sad.

The sound of tearing cloth got her attention. Elisthia had ripped a strip from her sleeve and was calmly wrapping it around her palm. Mischa frowned and raised her own cut hand; the blood had stopped flowing now, but she still should bandage it ... unless ... her earlier attempt to heal Kali gave her an idea. She might not have been able to remove the purple flame, but could she heal a little cut? Ignoring Vilevein for the moment, Mischa pursed up her lips and focused the Force on her hand, attempting to have the flesh knit together...

TAG: Anne, Sirak, Wing

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Listening, looking, observing. That was what an engineer was supposed to do, to find a problem in any engine, any plan, any theoretical construct. Test programs were a must with added interactions of parts on a higher complexity scale.

This. . .rated erratically at best.

Nothing was done to explain the purple flames beyond that they just were. Very unsatisfactory to anyone trying to gain understanding, as 'evil fire' was not something he could follow blindly. There was always a cause, a reason, without one than why use ships? Why not think themselves into the air or why walk? Just think oneself a few steps further.

That thought brought back his current reality, as his body moved to the right without taking a step. Thinking, or as he was beginning feel, bouts of will gave him his existence he found himself shaking his 'head', grinning ruefully.

"Well, right tool. Wrong species!" he spoke out then before turning to look at Cato. "Any plans or ideas for the rest of eternity? Besides..." With a slight glance he looked down at the now deceased Rakatan.

TAG: Fin

16. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Sarge221

Heart of the Forest, Shadowlands, Kashyyyk

The grenade blasted out of the barrel and crashed directly into Chang'e, burying itself in her chest and rapidly blossoming into an enormous ball of flame. She was not knocked backwards, as whatever force bound her to the relic kept her in place.

What was left of her body (and that was not much) collapsed on top of the pyramid point, and blood seeped out into the stone. And the taste of that blood appeared to set off a reaction within the ancient artifact.

The pyramid shook violently, and the earth trembled beneath Susul's feet. And then it exploded, stonework flying everywhere, and a sheet of purple flame whipped out in all directions, engulfing the animals, Malacoda, the trees...and the young human.

[b]DarthXan318 (SirakRomar, JediMasterAnne)[/b]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtuLByRx2qU][i]Lair of Kroni Khan[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Mischa looked upon the wound, and attempted to focus the Force upon it. Her unique vision allowed her to 'see' the effects of her power- gold rays glowed from beneath her skin, illuminating her palm. The flesh stubbornly resisted knitting itself together, but the blood dried up instantly, seared by a line of light.

The pain vanished, too. It was not perfect by any means, but for a first attempt at healing it was certainly a success.
    [/color]
    [hr]

[b]JEDIGUNSHIP[/b]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIxrxGjGmCI][i]Sullust[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Kippa was permitted to proceed, though there was no comment offered on Kippa's claim to be supplying parts. If they believed him, this seemed to be business as usual. If they didn't believe him...then perhaps it was best to prepare for a cold reception.

He entered the atmosphere, swooping down over a volatile, crater-pocked landscape. Fire belched out from volcano peaks, and electrical storms blasted through the crimson skies, shaking his ship and ravaging the land below. He was being directed towards a small spaceport, though he could see no other settlement.

Where did these beings live? There didn't seem to be any cities around to speak of, but his instruments were picking up plenty of life.

Kippa landed his ship in the bay as directed, and the roof closed immediately as he entered, sealing him inside the facility. Outside the viewport, he could see strange aliens gathering. They were short and stocky, bald-headed with prominent jowls and large black orbs for eyes. Whether they were hostile or not was unclear, but it was obvious they were waiting for him to leave the ship.
    [/color][/blockquote]

17. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
  18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Dramatis Personae

The Man Cubs

Bakara, 18 (Human)
    ---Child of Hephaestus

Elisthia, 18 (Human)
    --- Child of Hermes
    --- Light Freighter Storyteller

Elora, 17 (Human)
    --- Child of Ares

Gallia, 17 (Human)
    --- Child of Apollo

Sara, 15 (Human)
    --- Child of Dionysus

Vic, 15 (Human)
    --- Child of Hades

Mischa, 14 (Human/Miraluka)
    --- Child of Poseidon

Ecko, 12 (Human)
    --- Child of Zeus

The Panchaean Five

Cato, 55 (Human)
    --- Child of Achilles

Averagus Aniad, 34 (Human)
    --- Child of Theseus

Kippa Lo, 30 (Human)
    --- Child of Jason

Jin, 26 (Human)
    --- Child of Perseus

Susul Damasca, 21 (Human)
    --- Child of Heracles

The Netherworld

Irkalla, ??? (Rakatan)
    --- Judge of the Dead

The Togorian Empire

Shere Khan I, mid-50s (Togorian)
    --- Galactic Emperor
    --- Tiger-Class Warship Throne of Thorns

General Chuchundra, mid-50s (Togorian)
    --- First within High Command
    --- Leopard-Class Warship Playing with Food

General Nagaina, late-40s (Togorian)
    --- Second within High Command
    --- Leopard-Class Warship Playing with Fire

General Lungri, late-20s (Togorian)
    --- Third within High Command
    --- Leopard-Class Warship Young Lion

General Jaguar, mid-50s (Togorian)
    --- Fourth within High Command
    --- Leopard-Class Warship Primal Scream

Lieutenant Mohun, mid-30s (Togorian)
    --- Second-in-command aboard Primal Scream

Director Buldeo, late-50s (Togorian)
    --- Head of Intelligence
    --- Leopard-Class Warship Curiosity Kills

Tabaqui, mid-20s (Togorian)
    --- Senior Field Operative

Darzee, mid-20s (Falleen)
    --- Senior Field Operative

Chil AKA The Kite, early-20s (Sky?tri)
    --- Assassin

The Togorian Nobility

Queen Mother Kali, early-80s (Togorian)
    --- Jewel of Togoria and Mother of Khan
    --- Worldship Citadel

Scarskin, mid- 40s (Noghri)
    --- Guard Captain

Grimgrip, mid-40s (Noghri)
    --- Guard Captain

Vilevein, mid-40s(Noghri)
    --- Guard Commander

Lady Bhairavi, early-20s (Togorian)
    --- Young noble

Doctor Damanaka, mid-60s (Togorian)
    --- Chief Medical Officer of the Imperial Court

Baroness Brizo, late-50s (Khil)
    --- Seer of the Imperial Court

Baroness Clotho, late-50s (Khil)
    --- Seer of the Imperial Court

Allies of Mankind

Sicarii the Great, over 600 (Hutt)
    ---Criminal entrepreneur

Viscount Steam, late-50s (Togorian)
    --- Head of the Binary Brigade
    --- Star Cruiser Geppetto

LOU-1E, ??? (Droid)
    --- Advanced military model

Abu Nuwas, ??? (Kowakian monkey-lizard)
    ---Storyteller First Mate

Bagheera, early-50s (Cathar)
    --- Finder of the Cubs

Taka AKA Scar, mid-20s (Farghul)
    --- Lead singer of Scar and the Hyenas

Charon, late-30s (Duros)
    --- Ringmaster of the Circus Styx

Colonel Hathi, late-50s (Gamorrean)
    --- Leader of the Troop
    --- Star Cruiser Dawn Patrol

Winifred, late-50s (Gamorrean)
    --- Second-in-command of the Troop

Rebacca, over 300 (Wookiee)
    --- Chieftainess of the Wookiees

Hullabaloo, over 300 (Wookiee)
    --- Archaeologist and engineer
    ---Light freighter Hand of God

Baloo, over 200 (Wookiee)
    ---Light freighter Bare Necessity I
    --- Slacker

Susanna, mid-40s (Shistavanen)
    --- Chieftainess of the surviving Pack

Rama, mid-50s (Shistavanen)
    --- Father of the Cubs, prisoner of Khan

Raksha, early-50s (Shistavanen)
    --- Mother of the Cubs, prisoner of Khan

The Gorgon, ??? (Neti)
    --- Curator of Criton?s Point

Others

Loxias, ??? (Human)
    --- Prisoner of Khan

Malacoda, late-50s (Barabel)
    ---Game Hunter
    [

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands, Heart of the Forest

The predicted chaos that would come with the slaying of Chang'e seemed to come about...but not as Susul expected. The quaking of the earth beneath Susul's feet was not the cause of stampeding, raging animals, but rather the pyramid as it shook in place with what remained of the Tiss'shar's body resting, broken and bleeding, upon the point.

As he had described the nature of the Tiss'shar's near-immortality, Susul knew that this was not good.

The pyramid shattered. Exploded really, sending bits and pieces of stone in various sizes everywhere. Susul instinctively raised an arm, feeling some pebble-sized debris that had managed to sail across the distance peppering his armor. As he struggled to stay on his feet, he noticed the purple light - the purple fire - stretching out uncontrollably, engulfing the surrounding animals, reaching out to consume the entire forest.

Reaching out to consume him.

He couldn't outrun that. No longer trying to stay on his feet, Susul turned and dived to the ground, letting go of his blaster so that his arms could curl around the back of his exposed head and neck in an attempt to save them from harm. His eyes slammed shut as he laid flat.

There was darkness before a flash of purple light managed to break through his sealed lids. And then nothing.

20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    Aboard the Mang

?What?s the problem?? asked Chil, as Bakara and Gallia entered the Mang. Bakara sighed and ran his hands over his scalp. ?How are the negotiations going??

Deception of the ally is sometimes necessary.

"As best they can, all things considered. Gallia and I have a lead. He might join if we can do this for him. Doubtful, but still."

Now what?

"He wants us to leave you and the ship as collateral. I'd prefer to have you along with us," Bakara's eyes flickered over the two, resting a moment longer on Chil, "but..."

He shrugged and exhaled sharply.

"I don't trust him much. Didn't trust Buldeo much, either, though." Still don't. "If this is what we have to do...this is what we have to do."

He paused for a moment.

"If we do go...don't give him anything. Not an inch."

Maybe we can make this work. Walk our own path. Get them to work for us. No Buldeo or Steam to look over our shoulders - humans leading the galaxy. The universe!

Tag: Winged

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Cato, Son of Achilles
    Obsidian Tower, Criton´s Point

"Yes, indeed. A good question." He looked down on the Rakatan he had killed and then to Avergus dead body. Then he turned to Gorgon. "Those men out there? Hammering at the door? Send them away or I´ll eat them, too." His voice was calm, but the threat very real. "Or I´ll spend my next century in hunting down every one of them. Of their families. Until no Rakatan is left. How would you like that, hm? I have time now, do I? I can feel that I won´t fall to dust so fast. And time is a dangerous thing in the hands of a man like me." He hissed out air and allowed the tendrils to shot out of his cheeks. "So, tell them to go. And leave us alone." He repeated himself.

Only then he turned back to Avergus. "Indeed, you will have even more time, I suppose. Caught between life and death. But why do you not use your new found power? And find out what he does not tell us?" Cato asked, raising a brow. Something isnide of him was ashamed how alive he felt now. How powerful.

"And do you think, your body still needs his brain?" He added then with a broad grin.

Tag: Mitth, Winged

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Cato was a monster, of that there was no question. Aggression was mightier than reason, and hunger or thirst yet drove him beyond the boundaries set by humanity to such lengths that Cato's old self most surely would of sickened at such a thing. Now that he was, Averagus had to wonder how such a man could yet be considered sane or even the same once compared to the old. That is if there was an old to compare it to. Such questions this all raised.

What is life when there is too much to spend? Unable to leave an indelible mark upon times face, except death or words but no reason nor substance. What is time without another? Often, if memory serves the greatest evils and hardest laborers who saw their opponent as an enemy often became the best of friends. Not because of similarity, on most categories, but out of a sense of respect and loneliness.

So for now, he would stay with the last vestige of humanity a little bit longer, and see what it was he would create from his new life.

"I will, but that will take time. As for my body, my brain." Pausing as if in deep thought he canted his head slightly as he looked at himself. "Feast if you wish, I would request you eat it slowly as some semblance of respect for what we were if not for me."

Then no more he willed to be seen. He did not leave, but no more willed he his image to hang about that place. No his reactions were to be his own, whatever might played across his features none other was to see. If yet it caused him to pass so be it, that he should pass without another sound nor sight of horror for others to behold.

TAG: Fin, Winged

23. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Cato eating Averagus's brain! [face_laugh] Nice touch. What a surreal and gruesome image.

Prakith people: I'm going to jump you through the climb back to the surface, just to keep things moving.

[i]"The blade itself incites to violence."[/i]

-Homer

[b][u]Chapter Four, in which we learn that the Female of the Species is more deadly than the Male[/b][/u]
    [blockquote]

[b]DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, SirakRomar[/b]

[i]The Dome, Prakith[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    After Mischa had attempted to heal her wound with partial success, the group set about making their way out of the foul lair. Instead of returning to the passage through the sewers, they proceeded up through the Dome, surveying the chaos Elora had left in her wake.

They saw Level Eight first, the horrible center for all Kroni's experiments. The wounded Whiphid had woken up, and he joined them, shocked that they had managed to slay his tormentor. The Ugnaughts simply cowered, unwilling to come out of the shadows.

Then it was onto Level Seven, where only the Mon Calamari father waited, and he was finally re-united with his daughter. He scooped her into his arms and held her close, before offering a thousand thank yous to Elora for what she had done.

Next was Level Six, still half-swamped in water, where they navigated past the empty coffins and the enormous carcass of the Kraken. There wasn't much left of Level Five after the floor had caved in, but the bodies of the Dashade and Gorax were still fresh and floating in the water, serving as grim testament to Elora's skill with a blaster.

Onto Level Four, where the akk dogs, the binjinphant and the arqet snarled from inside their cages...but they were safely locked away, as none of their doors had been opened by the young human on her way down. Level Three held the mutilated, half-eaten remains of several Gran, with the bloated body of an enormous Hutt beside them.

The crimson confines of Level Two were empty, and Level One held nothing but the bodies of more Gran and a turbolift shaft. The ragtag group headed up together.

The moment they reached the surface, they were greeted by a mass of crying, laughing, [i]joyful[/i] people. There must have been near fifty in total. There were Twi'leks, Chadra-Fan, Ithorians, Nikto, Duros, Zabraks, among others. At the head of the crowd, attempting to keep them from mobbing Elora and suffocating her with their gratitude, was LOU-1E.

"I gathered all the survivors up here as requested," he droned. "They wish to thank you."

[/color]
    [hr]

[b]Sarge221[/b]
    [link=http://splicd.com/6BhKe0Ul2dE/120/175]
    [i]Shadowlands, Kashyyyk[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    He was woken by the sound of drums, followed swiftly by a Rakatan voice in his head:

[i][Nergal summons you!][/i]

And then there was sissing sound, this one coming from somewhere else, speaking in Basic. There was a prodding at his shoulders.

"Human?"

It was Malacoda. The Barabel looked shaken but unharmed. There were, however, strange blotches and blisters all over his scales.

"The animalss sscattered when the artifact was desstroyed," he explained. "The purple fire woke thisz one from the trance...I am ssorry."

Around them, the forest seemed darker and gloomier, as if less light was filtering in from above. The tree trunks were black and charred in places. Where the man-sized pyramid had stood, there was now a slightly smaller artifact, similar in shape.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090225124607/starwars/images/a/a6/KashyyykRakataComputer.jpg]

"It wass hidden beneath the sstonework," explained Malacoda. "The pyramid was jusst a protective shell...which you desstroyed."
    [/color]
    [hr]

[b]DarkLordOfTheFins, Mitth_Fisto[/b]
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqNBpP6hS8&feature=related]
    [i]Gorgon's Throne Room, The Obsidian Tower, Criton's Point[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    The Gorgon seemed shocked by Cato's sinister hunger, and even more shocked by Averagus's sudden disappearance into thin air. Now there appeared to be only one human left in the room (and 'human' was str

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Cato, Son of Achilles
    Obsidian Tower

He looked at Gorgon and grinned. "Yes, it is shocking what you made of us, is it? Disturbing." He laughed a little. "Consequences. You will learn all about consequences, soon." Nergal. "Consequences." Nergal.

And he truned up to where he thought his fallen brother would be and grinned. "I take it in the sense in which it was given. Be assured. Be assured." His tendrils shot out of his face once more. He gained control over them now. And he leaned over the dead body. Taking his had into both hands. Not like a murderer, but gentle. Like a brother. "I am eager to see if it is different." He closed his eyes and they moved through the dead bodies nose right into the brain of the body. He felt something bitter. Something dead. The sideffect of a lifeless body, he knew that. His instincts told him. And he soaked it from the mans body. Breathed it in. Drank. Sweet, sweet juice, sustaining him. No, not him. His power. He felt stronger with every second. And he felt Avergus. Inside of this juice he felt the Celestial. And it was sweet and satisfying. Then it was over. The last bit of Avergus drained of his body. And the last bit of him becoming a part of him now.

"Like it or not, all you were, all that is left of a dead man I have now." Cato smiled. And looked up. Tears in his eyes. "I´ll never kill one of our own. I vow. But we. You and I, Avergus. We are now borthers." And with that he stood up. And breathed in and out. Just to remind him he was still alive. Not dead. Death. But not dead.

One thing left to do. Before leaving.

Two, actually.

"Tell me of Nergal. I remember that name. But I do not know from where. Tell me all about him." Cato said and his look slowly shifted towards the tree.

Tag: Mitth, Winged

[i]
    ooc: board is a b***h right now. So, I promised Sirak to try and post this and if you read it, it actually worked. [/i]

[color=crimson][b]
    Elora, Daughter of Ares[/b]
    [i]Above the Labyrinth[/i][/color]

"Some day, you need to teach this to me." Elora smiled and looked at hte scratches and wounds she had taken from the numerous battles. She turned to Elisthia. "Baaghera is fine? I gave up hope when I saw the hooros of Kahn. I was afraid he had been brought here." She sighed. "Good to know he is well." She lay her hand on Elisthia´s shoulder. Actually leaning on her for a moment. Then the force provided strength again. She knew it would not go on like this forever now. Her body was exhausted for hours. But she had been kept up by a force much greater than that of muscles and bones.

Then she looked at the Noghri. Straightening herself. "Up there are fifty people. Probably even more. I want you to feed them and provicde them a ship. Or you can try to recapture them and battle it out with me. But I am afraid . . . you already did your worst." She looked at the dead Togorian. "And I can´t promise you sdaw the worst of me yet." She looked him satraight into the eyes. "So an attempt to show reason and regret for their suffering might indeed be . . . an important gesture." She said and nodded. And she was serious. If these people did not show they would stop these things, now that Kahn was dead . . . she would make them. That was what she was here for.

Numb and exhausted she followed her sisters through the labyrinth. She was almost unable to take the thanks of the Moncal. She only quitted them with a tired: "I promised, didn´t I?" And padded the mans shoulder. Then they ascended. Higher and higher. She helped the Whipid. who was actually to heavy to lift. But smiled at him encouraging. The Ugnaughts she left in the dark, were they would starve or surrender in time. She did not look at the battlefields of the past hours. Did not wish to be praised for what she had done. Only at the Hutt she stood, taking a minute and kneeling besides him. "Thanks, my friend. Through your sacrifice many were saved. You shall not be forgotten. For having done the right thing. In the end. For being strong. For all of us." The

25. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Apologies for the delay! Between work and all, my posting's going to take a hit for a while. :(

Mischa let out a happy "Ha!" as golden light flashed in her vision. Sure, it wasn't perfect - the cut hadn't healed, only scabbed over - but she flexed her fingers; there was a slight tugging sensation, but the pain was gone. Ta-da. Not bad, not bad at all. She wanted to grab Elisthia's hand to try and repeat her success, but Vilevein was already chivvying them along.

"Some day, you need to teach this to me," Elora said with a smile, as they left.
    Mischa grinned back. "Sure. I'll try it on you later, too." Now that Mischa looked closely, her sister had collected a large variety of scrapes and bruises.

Her levity lasted about as long as it took them to ascend to Level Eight. So much horror ... Mischa was quiet as they passed through, simply because she could think of nothing to say. Kroni Khan was gone and the red tinge upon the Force with him, but Mischa could still see traces of his cruelty in the walls, the floor, the Whiphid survivor. They walked to Seven, to Six, to Five ... all the way up to One and the turbolift that led to the surface. And on the surface there was -

Mischa tried not to grin before the door opened. Of course: those cells and things they passed through had once contained beings, and thanks to Elora all those beings were now free. Mischa could practically see their joy and gratitude in the Force, and even if she couldn't it was evident in the way they rushed forward when the turbolift arrived. It was all LOU-1E could do to hold them back.

And Elora was blushing! She was actually blushing! Okay: Mischa couldn't see it, but she knew she must be. Elora might only have deadpanned, "A bit . . . overwhelming," but Mischa could sense that she was actually embarrassed by this attention, and when she was embarrassed she always blushed.

Mischa was grinning widely now. "Awww." Elora hadn't changed, not really - not where it mattered. "They just love you, Elora. Just like we do!"

TAG: Anne, Sirak, Wing :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.