main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    The Dome, Prakith

Overwhelming indeed, Elisthia thought to herself, watching the freed prisoners from the dome attempting to swarm her sister in their relief and gratitude. After seeing Kroni Khan?s experiments downstairs?or, at least, what remained of them after Elora had come through?she could understand these prisoners? joy. It had bothered her at first, seeing the bodies of those Elora had slain, but now, seeing how many lives had been saved as a result, Elisthia felt that those deaths were very likely justified.

Besides, she did not believe for an instant that Elora would kill a sentient being as long as she had a plausible alternative?in this case, there probably hadn?t been one. It was probably kill or be killed.

Elisthia could hear Mischa lightly teasing Elora?though no doubt she meant every word?as she scanned the throng of beings; there were at least fifty of them, probably more? Suddenly she wondered if Taka?s band had made it out. What were they, Zabraks? She could see a few members of that particular species amongst the crowd?

"They just love you, Elora. Just like we do!"

Elisthia smiled, even as Elora?s face turned scarlet, and placed her hand on her sister?s shoulder, nodding in agreement. ?I?m proud of you, Elora.?

She looked over to Vilevein. ?What will happen to these prisoners?and the guests at the Ball? Your earlier statement suggested that Queen Mother Kali intends to leave Prakith??

He had said, I think it is finally time to leave this planet...for all of us. Kali probably had no reason to remain here, with her husband dead, but where would she go, and what would she do with her ?guests??

Tag: Xan, Sirak, Winged

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Averagus Anead-Son of Theseus
    Criton´s Point, The Obsidion Tower

He watched with interest, stepping to a side, than another around until the head of himself was just beyond his feet and Cato was to the left kneeling over that lost form. That lost humanity.

Looking up for a moment, that changed visage which was Cato, spoke to him. Not of him, not through him, but to him. If not for the gaze being off a bit to look slightly away he would have thought he was still visible. Repeating, like a stutterer given full form, the last of Cato's sentences spilled on again twice saturating the mind with assurance of which it was wholly uncertain.

Tendrils dangling, moving of a mind unknown, but slowly with purpose. It was as they touched that a thin string yet unseen seemed to connect winding about those tendrils to his own lips. What is this? is asked himself, none other heard those words.

Spitting he tried, but what does a spirit have to spit? That thread yet hung unchanged. Quickly he shook his head, it merely swayed. Blowing a raspberry that none other could hear he tried to force it off in fear. Those tendrils were moving deeper, yet that ominous string yet only vibrated as if plucked by the cruel tendrils of fate. A slightly quiver and the tendrils he knew were through, into that brain that once had housed himself, and in to wherever that string yet led.

As he knew the feasting slowly was begun he felt a pulling within his lips, jaw being forced ever wider till he knew if yet living no possibility of it still remaining attached would be. Then out with nary a sound a skull bulged within that string, rolling end over end to his eyes horror. Then as it reached the point where around those tendrils that string was yet twined, with each revolution passing through Cato's flesh and then the body left behind another layer of life to that bone was added.

Til' at last within that old flesh, once discarded it did conceal itself. At long last those tendrils removed and with a gasp of whatever miasma it was a spirit unfettered yet drew in, he did with abandon much shallower tastes to take. For there the string now free from those tendrils was to coil upon the ground, and there. . .there where once an air been now oozed forth a purple stream to collect beneath that empty head.

Drip. Drop. That the last yet came. A puddle the one who yet finished began to speak, words that sank in deeper he likely would ever admit. Stranger families had been born of adversities, but brothers? Cato shared a piece of what he had been, but of Cato he shared nothing. How strong is a bond that goes only one way? Or the word of one who knows he cannot hurt or do anything to you?

If not for the shifting in that purple mire, yet bound and tethered by a string to his own lips, rippling from no outward force he likely could of lost himself in those questions for a week. Slowly, like the drinking of his own mind, a single streamer rose above that pool to eye level. Pop. As quick as the sound, but with none of the noise a single eye stared back. . .a familiar eye it seemed. It turned away as that streamers thickened, each pop scattering a small drop to land fizzle and disappear without a trace beneath this place. This tower enshrined lab of horrors that was now - was now a shared birth place of three.

For before him stood a man wearing ethereal cloths as he had worn, with hair a touch longer. Who are you? he asked in the silence of a spirit just beyond the hearing of the living embodied. Barely taking note as that string bound prior to his lips, which had caused so much fear of his very existence ending in the feasting of his corpse was falling away. To catch, sticking to his boot, the other end sticking to opposite boot of the other as it took form.

Do not tell me you do not recognize me? A son should know his own father. Especially after the couple of days we have had. Turning around he was shocked to

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Jin, Son of Perseus
    Dining Hall, Sicarii?s Villa, Ko Vari

The most peaceful moment when since he landed onworld was also the loudest. This time, he didn?t feel bad when his gaze wandered off to the right. The din of musicians, entertainers and minor dignitaries shuffling out the room made it impossible to think for a few seconds anyway. And he didn?t need to. It was clear that whatever else happened, he had won a couple hours reprieve. If he?d judged Sicarii correctly, that window of safety might yet expand dramatically. Long enough for him to do what he had to.

When things were quite again, Jin started, ?My friend, our lives our not like yours. The years weigh heavily on me. There are but a few breaths, and we will be gone forever. My people must have a memorial, Sicarii. My people must have a remembrance in the jungle, and I must give it to them.

?It starts with this,? Jin said, lifting up the amulet again. He let twirl in the air, blinking with its brilliant, uncanny luminescence.?This, and my craft outside. My people built many great works, and spread them throughout the worlds. Many have, like their inventors, receded into myth. Many more have been forgotten altogether. I want to change that. I want to collect them all here. I have the best chance of any creature alive of recognizing them, cataloguing them, and rediscovering how they operate. But I will need assistance to realize my dream.

?At its most modest, my work will be a public relations coupe for you. You?ll endear yourself to civilians, and stroke the egos of despots who like to pretend that bad things don?t exist. At another level, your philanthropy will be an excuse for insisting on extreme secrecy in your shipping arrangements. It will be the cover you need to move heavily armed, highly trained experts around under official auspices. Archaeology is dangerous work, after all. One must be prepared for all sorts of dangers. It?s also a reason to carry around huge amounts of wealth in portable, untraceable form. It?s the only thing natives will take, after all, and we have to get leads any way we can. Whatever artifacts we do collect, will fetch a high price. There?s always some black market art collection that will want one.

?That,? he continued, ?is failure.? Jin paused, ostensibly because he wanted to scratch his chin. The beard had been growing in steadily since he awoke, and it took getting used to. He knew that. He also knew he was nervous. He was dining with an enemy, and about to expose more of himself than he to almost anyone, ever. But it was what he had to do. He had to make it believable.

He blinked, swallowed, and finished, ?Now consider success. I know we against the Infinite Empire. Badly. My people forgot much of what made them great. We were not like our fathers. But I?m not like the rest of them, Sicarii. I?ve spent my whole life rediscovering the old ways. I can unlock the secrets, fit together the scattered pieces. And when I do, I can offer you powers greater than anything you?ve ever seen. It will be like all the tales come alive again. The most wildly implausible ones. The things not even a child is credulous enough to accept as real. It will give enough of a technological edge to put us forever above our competition. We?ll stand above everyone, triumphant, and utterly unchallengeable. I know we can.?

He stopped suddenly, deflating with a heavy, gasping exhalation. His heart was pounding. His armpits moist. The last bit had come out with increasing forcefulness, a crescendoing urgency of conviction. It was his final gambit. What thrilled him most of all, though, what made the hairs on his arm stand erect, was the realization that by the time he finished, the ?we? he was referring to in no way included the slug across the table from him.

TAG: Winged

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Prakith, Above the Labyrinth

Elora smiled at Mischa. "They just love you, Elora. Just like we do!" That didn´t help her blushing. And Elora looked around, shook hands of those around her. Elisthia was nearby. And Elora wished she would not see her scarlet face, but she did and gave her a warm smile.

Elisthia smiled and said something she did not remember to have ever heard of her. ?I?m proud of you, Elora.? Elora looked at her sister. The sister who had brought Mischa back from the dead. "Thank you. Thank both of you." Elora looked at the people. Looked at the MonCal and his girl. At the acrobats. At the wounded Whipid. And she realized the force had worked through her. It had done good. Pure good. It had saved lifes. It had stopped suffering. And it had done that through her. She had done nothing. The force had worked through her. And these people should not praise her. They should worship nothing. They should just know . . .

"Listen!" She suddenly spoke out loud, raising her arms to command attention. She was surprised at herself. "I am happy to see so many of you alive and well. I am overwhelmed to see you free. And it fills my heart with joy that what happened to you, will not happen again, here, on Prakith." Elora paused. Then spoke on. "But it is not me to thank. For I am not the one who freed you. I am just a girl. A simple girl. I alone could never have defeated deathsquads or ancient magicians. No, it was my ally who gave me that power. A powerful ally. An ally who brought me here to save you. Who brought us here to save you. All of you." She pointed at her sisters. "You can call it life. You can call it a power that binds the galaxy together. You can call it all good that comes from the living. But this ally is a powerful one. And I have come through my little sister Mischa to call it . . . the force!" Elora smiled. "And this force never gave you up. Never forgot about you and it never will. For you are a part of it. All living is a part of it. I can see that now. And all I am is a messenger of the force. An ally. A friend. A . . . " Elora paused and then smiled. She finally had found the word. "I am Elora of Alderaan and I am a servant of the force!" And she had to laugh out, as she saw all those living creatures free. Looking to Mischa and then to Elisthia she embraced her sisters. Tears of joy running down her cheeks and the overwhelming feeling to have found her place in the galaxy.

Tag: Xany, Anne, Winged

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Susul Damasca, Son of Heracles
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

"Human?"

The voice managed to pierce through the drumming that had sounded like they had been at his ears. Slowly, Susul's eyes opened, allowing him to see that he was in the familiar face-down position that he had found himself in upon first awakening on Panchaea. Turning his head to look over his shoulder at Malacoda, the young Damasca pushed himself into a sitting position.

The blotches and blisters on the Barabel's scales caused a fearful suspicion to well up within Susul and he found his own hand coming up at his face for a physical examination. Patting down his face, running his fingers through his hair, Susul found nothing out of the ordinary. Wanting to see with his own eyes, the soldier pulled off his gloves and examined his bare hands. Nothing. Despite the shadows, Susul could only see the dirt on the skin of his hands and beneath his cracked fingernails.

"It's fine," Susul finally spoke in reply to Malacoda's apology. Slipping his gloves back on, feeling relieved, he reacquired his blaster rifle which had only rested a foot away from him. "I should've realized the danger of the artifact sooner."

At the thought of the artifact, Susul turned to look where he remembered the pyramid having been...and saw something else.

"The pyramid was jusst a protective shell...which you desstroyed."

A protective shell for what? Returning to his feet, Susul looked left and right, trying to spot any of the animals that had been gathered before despite Malacoda's assurance that they fled. Seeing nothing except for the two of them, Susul slowly approached the object. Having been previously deceived by the simple, primitive nature of the pyramid, Susul was able to get a better idea of what he was seeing.

"Some kind of machine," he spoke softly, taking a few steps closer to be right in front of it while he continued to examine it. Looking up at the three "arms" that stretched up, to the panel that looked like a holographic display, Susul knew that the Wookiees couldn't have made something like this.

Which, once again, made him think of the Rakata.

6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Bit of a delay there, apologies. I was on Spring break and though I didn't actually go anywhere, I was kept unexpectedly busy. You should all now have a tag to respond to.

[b]DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, SirakRomar[/b]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKGW2vRqjcU][i]Surface, Outside the Dome, Prakith[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Elora addressed all those she had saved, pouring out her emotions as she spoke of the Force and its power. The crowd greeted her words warmly, rushing into to hug her again or shake hands with her, cheering and chanting her name. Though not all of them understood her words, some of them seemed to have been deeply affected by them, and were now lost in thought...

The group began to walk together on the path towards the Citadel, with Vilevein in the lead. Elisthia had asked him what the Queen intended to do with her prisoners, and he turned to her now.

"We will see," he replied enigmatically. "There is no reason to stay any longer, with Kroni dead."

And then they were at the Citadel, and the great doors were flung wide open. The guests were still inside, sitting quietly at their tables. The music had stopped. Scarskin, Grimgrip and the guards patrolled the edges of the room, though they had lowered their weapons.

Vilevein and the girls stepped inside first, but almost immediately there was a great roar both behind and in front of them, as the prisoners and the guests laid eyes upon each other. And then everyone was up on their feet and surging together into one huge mass of colour and noise, as families and friends were re-united. Elora and Mischa were able to feel the sheer euphoria of every being present, though it was not necessary to be sensitive to the Force in order to sense that this was a happy occasion.

Everywhere they looked there were scenes of joy.

Taka and his band were together once more- they were the Zabrak girls that Elora had liberated from the flaming coffins- and he twirled each one of them around, planting kisses on their foreheads. It turned out the Mon Calamari father had a wife among the guests, and she wept with delight as she saw her husband and daughter once again. Charon, ringmaster of the Circus Styx, was dancing towards a table of Devaronians, who patted him on the back heartily, offering him their drinks.

At the foot of the stairs, almost unnoticed among all the chaos, stood Bagheera, grinning from ear to ear. Beside him was Bhairavi, looking exhausted but still a lot better than before. In her arms, she was cradling a tiny Togorian baby.
    [/color]
    [hr]

[b]Jabba-Wocky[/b][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3OHLV5KtLE]

[i]Banquet Hall, Sicarii's Villa, Ko Vari[/i][/link]
    [color=darkgreen]
    The Hutt listened attentively to what Jin had to say, and then boomed with what might have been laughter.

[You are an ambitious creature, Celestial] he rumbled. [I like this. Your plan will make us both wealthy and powerful indeed...perhaps more so than you realise]

The music had stopped, and the Hutt lazily waved a hand to dismiss the band from their platform.

[I am keen to get started as soon as you are ready] His bulbous eyes gleamed. [What will you require first? Ships? Pilots? How many?]
    [/color]
    [hr]

[b]Sarge221[/b]

[i]Shadowlands, Kashyyyk[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    Malacoda was looking at the human warily as he got to his feet, clearly watching for any signs of change. But apparently, the stream of purple flame had not affected him...

In any case, Susul was now pre-occupied with examining the unfamiliar machine. As he laid a hand upon it, the sound of gears shifting suddenly echoed from deep within its metal carcass, and its arms begin to shift outwards, further and further. A light beamed out upwards from its base, projecting a map of what appeared to be the galaxy.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080206025127/starwars/images/6/67/Starmap_tatooine.jpg]

Coordinates flashed up, highlighting Kashyyyk and a few other unidentified worlds. The map appeared to be indicating some sort of route or pathway.

"W

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

Susul had immediately jerked his hand back upon the first sign of the device opening, taking several steps back as he did so. His rifle tilted upwards and the young Damasca thought that he should put a grenade in this thing as well as the pyramid. The former had done nothing but trouble, twisting individuals both physically and mentally as it had done to Malacoda and the two Tiss'shars. How was he sure that this artifact wouldn't do the same?

What if it was affecting Susul's mind at this very moment?

Curiosity - and the time it took for the soldier to load another grenade - was the only reason that the artifact even managed to open. Upon seeing the glowing map of the galaxy that illuminated the darkness of the Shadowlands, Susul couldn't help but lower his rifle, his brows raising both in interest and recognition.

"It's a Star Map," Susul finally answered to Malacoda's question.

Which proved that both it and the pyramid were Rakata artifacts. The pyramid having been a mystery to him, the Star Map was something else entirely for these - in Susul's humble opinion - represented the pinnacle of the arrogance that the Rakata possessed for their empire. Though never having seen one in person, Susul had heard about such maps that dotted across the great expanse of the Infinite Empire, maps that contained such information as Rakata territory and locations of what - if Susul was to believe in the reports - were the greatest achievements of the Empire. In a militaristic light, the soldier found such a thing foolish and, if they had not been fighting tooth and nail just to survive during the war, the strategy of using the Star Maps to strike and cripple key Rakata worlds would've been a great avenue of counter attacking.

Considering that no such empire existed anymore, the importance of such maps went with it. Still, Susul was curious. Allowing his weapon to rest at his side, he took a few steps forward to get a closer look, his eyes searching amongst the glowing stars and the planets hidden within. He was reminded of when he had awoken on Panchaea, when he had first seen the map that the Wookiees had brought with them. And like back then, Susul raised a finger and pointed it towards a familiar planet.

"Kashyyyk is highlighted," Susul spoke and he looked towards a few others that were also highlighted. "As well as a couple other planets. Four I think; possibly more." After a moment, he shook his head. "I don't recognize any of them though."

But why were they highlighted? Frowning, Susul wracked his brain as he continued to study the map. While this new galaxy was still mostly unknown to him, it didn't take him long to notice that there were parts of the hologram that seemed absent. Maybe it was the age of when this map was created, but the human took note of blank spaces of star systems, incomplete routes, and other such signs to a hologram that wasn't completed. Odd.

"Maybe..." Susul began, "this is only one of several Star Maps. A piece of a larger puzzle as the hologram seems incomplete." Perhaps the highlighted planets pointed to the location of the others? "Do you recognize any of these worlds Malacoda?"

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: I actually thought Elora would not enter another lair so easily, but here she is . . .

Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Prakith

Vilevine had not answered her request and had even been vague about Elisthia´s question. Through all her joy Elora realized that. Many things she had learned. The Force, the way of fighting. To leave her boundaries behind. But one thing there was, she still had to learn . . . to trust those who were responsible for the happenings here. And she doubted anybody would ever teach her that lesson.

The rest did her good. The power of the force was no longer burning inside of her, but glowing. Something of it remained. Different than before. It did not leave her anymore. No, Elora corrected herself. She did not ignore it anymore. It had always been there. And it was. For everyone. Elora had just failed to see, to feel it many years. Now that she was aware her confidence had grown and so had her vigilance.

Elora had not given away a single weapon. Not even her rifle. She had recharged the blaster pistol she had taken from the guard. Had reatached the hold out. Both daggers attached to her belt and her sword on her back. She enjoyed the relief and joy. But by now she had understood, that Kori Kahn had a wife who had played her own twisted games. And she was still here. So were her guards. So were there weapons.

The families were reunited. Joy and euphoria filled the place. And Elora sighed in relief. Smiled. But she was not drunken by joy. Not blinded by the need to embrace victory. Just as she had not been overwhelmed by fear.

And that was when she realized she had not only gained something. She had also lost something. No, no. Not lost. Sacrifced. It was probably her childhood. Or maybe it was her innocense. Elora smiled up to Baaghera and the Togorian with her child. New life had come to them that day. Then she closed her eyes. Would the Togorian Queen let them go? Maybe. Maybe not.

Elora raised her head and resisted the need to embrace Baaghera. There it was, her sacrifice. Instead she raised her arm to greet him and gave him a sad smile. Then her eyes wondered to Vilevine. And the other Noghri. "Where is the Queen?" She asked her sisters. "Do you think she will let us go? Or will we have to . . . " Elora looked at the guards. Then she had to smirk. " . . . negotiate." She added and was sure her sitsers got the meaning.

The force had made her a servant. It had also made her a deadly weapon. And she was afraid she would have to test the limits of both in the days to come. "I really had enough negotiations for today." Elora smiled sadly. And looked at both her sisters. "Thanks you came for me. There was a point down there when I felt . . . incredible alone. It is good to know I was wrong." Elora added.

Tag: Xany, Anne

9. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Prakith

She was not fully satisfied with Vilevein?s answer, but Elisthia chose not to press the matter?there were still other issues to work out, such as the fact that their original deal with Vilevein to heal Kali in return for their release was still yet to be fullfilled.

For the moment, though, she chose to put her concerns aside, in favor of observing the many joyful reunions taking place as the prisoners from the Dome rejoined friends and family in the Citadel; the little Mon Calamari girl and her father had been reunited with the mother, and Elisthia smiled when she saw that Taka had found his band.

Elisthia also spotted Bagheera, almost completely ignored in the back of the room, near the staircase. Bhairavi was with him, and as the girls approached, Elisthia noticed that she was holding a tiny Togorian cub in her arms; she?d given birth while the girls had been gone.

Kali was nowhere to be seen, and Elora had noticed as well. "Where is the Queen? Do you think she will let us go? Or will we have to?negotiate?" After a moment she added, "I really had enough negotiations for today." Elisthia smiled, but refrained from laughing, especially when she heard what Elora said next. "Thanks you came for me. There was a point down there when I felt?incredible alone. It is good to know I was wrong."

There was no hesitation in Elisthia?s response as she put an arm around her sister?s shoulders. ?That?s what family is for, Elora,? she said.

Turning her attention to Bagheera and Bhairavi, she wanted to ask Bhairavi if she was all right, but considering that she certainly looked in a better state than when Elisthia had last seen her, and that Bagheera did not seem immediately concerned, she let it wait, instead asking the Cathar the same question Elora had just asked her moments earlier. ?Where is Kali??

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Vic, Son of Hades
    The Palace of Khan, Coruscant

Vic had found Shere Khan's reaction to be... somewhat puzzling. Surely this whole Panchaea garbage was just that - garbage, and yet the Togorian had reacted with quiet contemplation. He didn't think it was a serious possibility - did he? Maybe, Vic thought, just before he drifted off to sleep that evening...

Maybe Shere Khan was getting a bit too old for his job.

The war room was, as the young human remembered it, highly efficient in its design. No frills, no polish - nothing personal, strictly business - save for that giant Rancor head. Vic couldn't help but feel a slight twinge of sympathy for it - surely it would've made a more impressive display while still alive - but that was neither here nor there. The more pressing issue was the rather sizable mash-up of metal and fur that was apparently requesting his attention.

His appearance bordered on the comical, but there was something about his eyes - they betrayed that sort of raw, ferocious predatory instinct that would be dangerous if ignored. This was the sort of person Vic would have to keep an eye on. Apparently his name was Chuchundra, a name Vic had heard of few whisperings of here and there but had neither connected to a face or profession until now. He spoke with a thick accent, but the man cub could follow, and even if he hadn't he wasn't about to ask a Togorian who could literally crush him to death to repeat himself.

[color=indigo]"It is an honor to meet you at last, General Chuchundra,"[/color] Vic said with a courteous bow. [color=indigo]"Of course I have heard of both you and your military prowess. Even on Kashyyyk your name garnered a great deal of fear and respect."[/color] He found the ease with which he could lie these days mildly amusing. His words were slowly becoming as duplicitous as his expression, and that tickled one of the darker parts of his sense of humor.

[color=indigo]"As far as the opportunity to explore another world, I must admit that during my studies I stumbled upon an entire planet covered in a substance that they referred to as... I believe the term was "snow." White, solid water. I would very much like to see this paradoxical substance myself."[/color]

He paused for a moment, trying to remember the planet's name and location. [color=indigo]"An Outer Rim territory... I think it was called Hoth?"[/color]

[b]TAG: Winged[/b]

[b]OOC:[/b] So glad the Outer Rim wasn't off limits, I love me some giant ice ball. Anyway, I'm obviously back from my rather lengthy period of being indisposed and should be back to more regular posting.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    IC: Jin, Son of Perseus
    Dining Hall, Sicarii?s Villa, Ko Vari

Reality came quickly?stunningly so. But, Jin supposed, that?s why it was called the path of least resistance. The idea had come to him only a few weeks prior, en route to the new world whose name he could hardly pronounce. It dropped into his lap after long, hard days of wrestling, when the novelty of his challenge had long since ceased being a welcome distraction from travel. He needed a way to gather intelligence about the state of the galaxy without being seen himself. Ideally, he had to create space for his people to re-emerge. They would need safety, anonymity, and resources. Any formal power structures would attract the attention of the Infinite Empire, and bring a third holocaust. Eschewing power of any sort would leave them open to exploitation. Even if they responded passively to such threats, the constant migration necessitated by such a tactic would increase their chance of detection. Therefore, it was not enough to merely exist inconspicuously, or relegate themselves to an unoccupied corner of the Galaxy. Boundaries pushed ever outward. No. For man to be safe, they would have to dwell in the darkness, in those places others turned away from with studied disregard. They would have to join that great mass upon whom society depends, without ever giving their reality attention. They would have to disappear in the ubiquities of the system.

Yet, this space was inherently unlivable. The environment is hard-scrabble, desperate, destructive disintegrative of any culture insane enough to become immersed in it. Ultimately, then, the only possible sanctuary for Celestials requires offensive, pre-emption to have an sort of stability. The less euphemistic name for all this, in society?s underbelly, is crime. It solves other problems, too. Anonymity is the rule, and information is merchandise. The vestiges of their society can form the basis for a powerful code of honor that gives a competitive edge over syndicates with less internal loyalty. The power attainable might come to rival anything the Rakatans could hope to muster. It was the easy road, the tempting one; it was the obvious solution to Jin?s dilemma. If his people had no place in the legitimate business of the Galaxy, they would have to be reborn on its illegitimate side.

As simple as it seemed, he had taken a long time to get there. Shied from it, hesitated, blinked at the very notion. Much as he was doing now, on the cusp of making it true. Why? Because it was awful. It was one thing to deal with criminals, and another to become them. His people had built civilization, not scrapped its dregs. More fundamentally, it was never how life had been with her. And things would be different now. Every moment would be like this dinner, a frenetic tight rope walk between complete disaster and untold fortune. His greatest enemies would be his closest allies. Seconds would contract into hours, and years of planning would collapse into the crucial twinkling of an eye. It was a time bubble the Celestials would not escape from. Once one pressed to the edge of the abyss, one couldn?t easily step back. Jin knew all this. Spat contemptuously at it. And then, when he?d exhausted his fury, yielded. His mission was survival. That meant making choices. He made one.

His face having betrayed nothing, he answered simply ?I am eager to get started soon, Sicarii. I want a team no larger than I can control personally. All my crew members should be prepared to cross train all others in their expertise. I am competent in unarmed combat. I require men trained in your martial arts, and in firearms. The ship may be modest. Internal temperature and atmospheric controls are crucial. Otherwise, passenger and cargo freighting capacity may take precedent over speed or armaments. I will require a pilot and flight/repair crew. Initially at least, we should be a small, modest cell. Several of our members should be genuine academic experts, myself chief among those.

?Frankly, though, I beg your pardon. My journey has be

12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    Aboard the Mang

"I don't understand the collateral bit...and I don't understand his reluctance to give over this information."

There - that was it - now it became easier.

"He...he knows of more humans. I need to meet them. There's something he's not telling us. But this is necessary. We need them."

He looked at Darzee, then Chil. Again - why was this happening? - his eyes locked with Chil for that moment longer. "I need you to trust me."

What are you doing? A pretty face? Really? You know so much, have done so much, have overcome - you need nothing, and you need no one! Don't become attached. Not one bit. Remember - kill Shere Khan. End it all.

And then?

And then...keep the peace.

Or rule.

No! No. Stay distant. Be the surgeon cutting away the cancers.

Tag: Winged

13. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Apologies (again) for the delay! No excuses this time, just a load of distractions... [face_blush]

IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    Prakith

Mischa grinned uncertainly. This was ... well ... Elora was taking this Force thing a bit far, wasn't she?

The impression she had gathered from the Netherworld was that the Force was an energy field that some beings had the gift of using - mysterious, yes, and it was indeed created by life and bound the galaxy together, but thinking of it as a sentient ally and friend was a bit, well, much. The Force just was. If it was anyone's ally in particular, surely it couldn't be divided into Light and Dark and be used to battle other Force users. Irkalla had not been lying about that, she was reasonably certain.

But Elora.

Mischa pondered this as they made their way back.

And then Vilevein flung open the doors to the Citadel, and Mischa was swept up by a surge of pure joy and euphoria as friends and family were reunited once more. Most had never expected to see each other alive once again, that was clear - a feeling Mischa knew herself. Laughter bubbled up in her throat. She slung an arm around Elora's waist, grinning. That was what family was for, indeed. First the Netherworld, now an evil Togorian experimenter.

The three girls made a beeline for Bagheera at the base of the stairs. Her sisters asked about Kali, and though Mischa was unconcerned on that front - if Vilevein wouldn't hold up his end of the deal, they'd just escape - she was now curious too. Where was the Queen Mother?

TAG: Anne, Sirak, Wing

14. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Cato
    Obsidian Tower

"What happened to him?" Cato asked and looked at the dead mans body to his feet. "I assume he is dead, yes? Why has nothing remained of his legacy? Who killed him?" Cato wandered closer to Gorgon while speaking to him.

Not yet done with him. He wnted more answers. More knowledge. "The deformations of your people. They are deformed because they stay so close to you, are they?"

Tag: Winged

15. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Big delay this time. Sorry. Bad week. I've taken a few liberties and jumped almost every scenario ahead slightly, I trust I've not overstepped the mark.

[b]SirakRomar, DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne[/b]

[i]The Citadel, Prakith[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    The chaos had subsided somewhat. Bagheera had managed to bring some calm to the crowd, and they seemed to be looking at him expectantly. He in turn was looking at the girls, and particularly Elora, who he had not seen since Alderaan. She resisted embracing him, and he simply smiled as warmly as he felt he could.

"To answer your question," he said to the three sisters, "Kali has gone to rest in her bedroom. I do not think she will come out for some time...but she is no longer a threat. And it appears she never was the threat, in fact. With her husband dead, she seems eager to help us."

He gestured to the hushed crowd around them, but kept his voice low so that only the girls and Vilevein could hear him.

"These people have nowhere to go and you must have seen the remains of their ships in orbit." Bagheera went quiet for a moment, no doubt remembering his own vessel, the [i]Panther Centurion[/i]. "But this building- the Citadel [i]itself[/i]- is a worldship, capable of hyperspace travel. That's how they got us here in the first place. Kali travels through the stars in it, finding guests for her Balls. But she's offering it to us now. To take everyone and fly them off this hellhole."

"If my Queen indeed wishes it," rasped Vilevein, "then my brothers and I will pilot you where you wish to go."
    [/color]
    [hr]

[b]darthramza[/b]

[i]Aboard the[/i] Playing With Food
    [color=darkgreen]

It was rare to see a Togorian warship this far along the edge of the Great Jungle, and even rarer to see one of this size and speed. The [i]Playing With Food[/i] was one of the finest vessels in Shere Khan's entire navy. It was commanded by one of his Four Generals, the corpulent and cunning Chuchundra.

The journey had been long and dull, and the crew seemed somewhat bemused by their mission, but knew better than to question the orders they had been given.

"Hoth!" barked the General, striding over to the viewport. "Ain't enough life on this ice cube ter fill a space cruiser."

A vast, practically blank sphere loomed large ahead. A seemingly endless blue-white expanse stretched across the entirety of its surface. It was an entirely new sight to Vicious No-Fang, who stood watching from the bridge. Even the coldest winters on Alderaan had never brought snow.

"If you wanna go down there boy," growled Chuchundra, "it's up ter you. But I'll stay up in the warm. How many guards d'ya want? And don't try and say none, cos it's more than my life's worth to send you anywhere without an escort!"
    [/color]
    [hr]

[b]Penguinator-176[/b]

[i]Aboard Binary Brigade Shuttle[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    The lie had been accepted- and just as well, for Gallia had quietly made it clear to her brother that she was not above shooting their companions should they get in the way. But Chil had agreed to remain with the [i]Mang[/i] aboard Steam's vessel. Darzee had taken a little more persuading, and even then his acceptance was only implied by his silence.

Steam had been delighted to learn that the deal could go ahead, and had provided the two young humans with one of his shuttles. As they settled down in the narrow cockpit of their new vessel, shifting uncomfortably in seating clearly designed for droids, the Togorian's feline features flickered up on their holo-display.

[i]"When I last saw your sisters, I sent with them one of my finest battle droids. His purpose was ostensibly to serve as their bodyguard, and I am sure he has performed that function with considerable efficiency. But he was also there as my spy, and he has been relaying their movements to me at regular intervals."[/i]

A black-red planet sprang to life on the display in place of Steam's head.

[i]"The last transmission we received from him came from the planet Prakith within the Deep Core. Your sisters will be with him. May

16. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Citadel, Prakith

Elisthia listened intently as Bagheera spoke?Vilevein had already revealed to her and Mischa that the Citadel was a ship, and now Kali was offering to take them all off the planet.

That was all well and good for the guests, but??We already have a ship,? Elisthia pointed out. Abu was still waiting for their return on the Storyteller, and there was no way she was leaving Sarabi?s ship here.

?But I do think the guests would appreciate it if they could leave this planet,? she added to Vilevein. Looking to her Cathar friend and the young Togorian woman, she also noted, ?Bagheera and Lady Bhairavi can come with us, or stay on the Citadel if they prefer.?

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    The Citadel, Prakith

"Come with us," Mischa added earnestly. Elisthia might be too polite to insist, but Mischa wanted Bagheera along with them. If he wouldn't come without Bhairavi, well, they could certainly fit two more and a baby, right?

She was suddenly reminded of how she had been Seeing glimpses of a baby during their approach to Prakith. Had those not been hallucinations at all but visions from the Force of Bhairavi's baby - a baby that hadn't even been born then? It would mean that thus far her Sight had allowed her to see a vision in a holomap, the thing in Kali's brain, and now a vision of a then-unborn baby. That would really be something else.

Mischa briefly debated telling them. No, not a good idea. They would just think it was crazy, or that she was making it up.

TAG: Anne, Sirak, Wing

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

Susul had been studying the barren-looking world that Malacoda identified as Tatooine when he heard footsteps. With the silence that had overtaken the area during his and Malacoda's examinations, the sound was as noticeable as glass shattering. The human acted accordingly of course, immediately picking up the blaster rifle that he had leaned against a nearby tree before whirling around and pointing it forward, towards the sound.

"Hold! Friendlies! It's me!"

The barrel of Susul's blaster rifle did lower, but only a little. It was only when the Wookiee appeared - who Susul was able to identify as one of their guards - that the human dropped the weapon back to his side.

"We have had word from the surface- it is safe to return. The Togorians have come and gone."

"That was fast," Susul replied, quite surprised at the declaration. Which was why he was immediately suspicious. He had been expecting them to be down here for much longer then that. "Just came and went, huh?"

19. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, SirakRomar

The Citadel, Prakith

"My duty is to stay with the people here," said Bagheera, smiling kindly at the girls. "In the short time we were held here, I came to know many of them...I like to think I would be a reassuring presence for them as we leave here. We will depart in the Citadel, but please fly alongside us in the Storyteller."

He nodded in the direction of the handsome Farghul Taka, who was still joyfully embracing his Zabrak backing singers, newly freed from beneath the Dome.

"Taka may be able to provide the solution," said Bagheera, "I was discussing with him the possibility of settling everyone on his world, at least as a short-term measure. It's near here and he owns a large enough estate to accommodate all of us."

[b]Sarge221[/b]

[i]Shadowlands, Kashyyyk[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    The Wookiee moaned an answer, dropping his head to look towards the forest floor.

"Our Chieftainess allowed herself to be arrested," translated the droid. "Rebacca took full responsibility for harbouring the humans, and handed herself over to the Togorians. Whether they will come back, we do not know, but we think they were reluctant to start a war with us. They just needed an example. And now they have one."

"Then let usz return to the ssurface," urged Malacoda. "Thisz one hasz sspent too long in thiss foresst."
    [/color]
    [/blockquote]

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Vic, Son of Hades
    Aboard the
    Playing With Food

Now this, Vic thought to himself, this was a ship! Compared to the Wookiee ships and Bagheera's craft, this was an example of interstellar traveling perfection. It commanded a certain amount of respect, and Vic couldn't help but feel like he wanted one of his own.

Still, there were more pressing things to attend to - namely, they had arrived at their destination. And Vic, though he kept his composure, was in awe - white and blue as far as the eye could see, nothing at all like the green jungles and grey cityscapes he was accustomed to seeing. All of this white stuff was frozen water? The prospect was both mind-blowing and exhilarating, and he wasn't about to dillydally around here when he could be down there exploring.

"If you insist on my taking them, I think two guards should be sufficient," he replied. "You said it was... rather cold, yes? Are there any other potential hazards I should be aware of?"

21. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Citadel, Prakith

Elisthia nodded absently?she had hoped that Bagheera would come with them, but if he had formed friendships with the other guests, then she could respect his decision to stay.

On the other hand, if the Storyteller was not taking on any additional passengers?Elisthia had only offered to take Bagheera and Bhairavi because Bagheera was her friend, and Bhairavi would likely to want to stay with him, and it wasn?t as if there wasn?t enough room for everybody on the Citadel?then Elisthia did not see how she and her sisters were still needed here. Their original intentions in coming into the Core?their journey to Tython?had been interrupted when the girls had chosen to come looking for Bagheera. The Cathar was safe, and Kali had agreed to take her guests away from Prakith, so as far as Elisthia could tell, the girls? work here was done. Unless Bagheera or Kali absolutely insisted they tag along?

She turned to Mischa and Elora. ?What do you think?? she asked them. ?Go with them, or pick up where we left off and keep heading for Tython??

They were already this close to Tython?probably just another hyperspace jump or two?

?Where is Taka?s estate, exactly?? she suddenly asked Bagheera, simply out of curiosity.

22. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, SirakRomar

The Citadel, Prakith

Bagheera's eyes widened suddenly.

"Taka's estate," he said slowly, "is on a world called Tython. They abducted him just outside it before making the jump here. Did you say you were headed there already?"

It was an odd coincidence, perhaps. But the three girls would perhaps feel a certain prickling on the back of their necks as they contemplated it. So much had not gone according to plan...and yet events had worked out with a spectacular serendipity. Finding the Citadel, slaying Kroni, rescuing the guests. Not for the first time, it was apparent that a greater power was influencing their journey. Was this the Force? Was it capable of determining an individual's destiny? Did it have a will of its own?

"Wherever we go," interrupted Bhairavi, walking over with her newborn child in her arms, "we are eternally indebted to you. Please come with us, at least part of the way."

[b]darthramza[/b]

[i]Aboard the[/i] Playing With Food
    [color=darkgreen]
    "There'll be wildlife," said Chuchundra with a shrug, "even in all that cold. Who knows what kind. Sensors aren't pickin' up anything major ter watch out fer, but sometimes sensors aren't all that."

He scrutinized the readouts again.

"Well, there's settlement traces in a couple areas. No signs of sentient life, though. We can drop ya off near one if you'd prefer. Go have a poke around."
    [/color]
    [/blockquote]

23. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Gallia Tern
    Aboard Binary Brigade Shuttle

"When I last saw your sisters, I sent with them one of my finest battle droids. His purpose was ostensibly to serve as their bodyguard, and I am sure he has performed that function with considerable efficiency. But he was also there as my spy, and he has been relaying their movements to me at regular intervals."

Gallia?s lip curled at Steam?s voice. He was intelligent, much more so than either Bakara or her. Gallia didn?t trust a word she heard on principle, but with Steam, everything came double-edged. Gallia?s thoughts drowned out the rest of the Viscount?s speech, but she picked up on the location. Pakith. The planet alone held no power over her, but its sector sent a shiver down her spine. The Deep Core was notoriously known as one of the most dangerous destinations for a spacecraft. What could have possibly drawn her sisters to such a dangerous locale?

Struck by an intense foreboding, Gallia silently cursed the Viscount?s name. If this turned out to be a trap, whether it was for her, or for her sisters, she vowed to return to Viscount for blood. Ridding the galaxy of a Togorian would be a pleasure. But, now was not the time for that kind of thought. There were more eminent concerns on Gallia?s mind.

Knowing that the shuttle itself was not private enough to speak freely, Gallia decided to bring up something that had been bothering her since Nar Shaddaa.

?If this year doesn?t turn out to bring our demise, we might consider ridding ourselves of our alien company, should we return to collect it. They represent a dangerous risk. Plus, if the Viscount is an honorable kitty, then we?ll be reunited with our sisters. The tagalongs will be unnecessary.?

Gallia looked hard at Bakara. She had noticed the admiring glances he had directed at Chil. He was careful, but ultimately, he was just as weak as the others. Chil was a distraction and Bakara was clearly affected. The best option would be to remove the problem.

Tag: Peng, (Wing)

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

"Rebacca took full responsibility for harbouring the humans, and handed herself over to the Togorians."

Susul jerked in response to that, his eyes going to the translating droid, then to the Wookiee. "She did what?"

The young Damasca tried to make sense of that. It wasn't so surprising that someone had sacrificed themselves for him and Ecko, what was so surprising was that it was an alien that had done so. The last alien race he had had experience with was one that had tried to annihilate him and his race. To awaken from his long sleep, with the war having still been going on when he first went into the pod, to find an alien race that was risking their very existence for his...he just couldn't understand it at all.

"Why would she do that?" he questioned aloud, more to himself then his companions as he stared at the ground in thought. "Why?"

For my life?

He shook his head, as if trying to shake the thought off but it stuck. He just couldn't understand it. When he finally started walking to Malacoda and the Wookiee, to start their journey to head back to the lift, it was only with seemingly half-consciousness of the action. The question of Why? continued to resonate over and over and over in his head.

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Prakith Worldship

She had not said a lot. If one gave her attention he would have realized her eyes were actually closed. The moment the discussion about where they would go was beginning, she knew the answer. And did not care the same time. The force would guide her to whatever place it needed her. But this place was already revealed to them on Myrkr.

"Mischa, my sister. The force already told you. We are meant to go to Tython and that is where we should go, then." Her mouth played with the possibility to smile. Mischa still did not accept it. She would. The force did reveal itself. It had to Elora.

Turning to Elisthia she nodded to her. "We should take the storyteller and arrive in advance. Once it´s save, we can get the refugees there and they can build a new home. If you want to stay with them, Baaghera, I hope we will have time to talk. I have some questions for you." elora smiled and turned around, parting to say goodbye to the people. Her people now. then again, she understood now. All living was connected by the force. They were all one. In the force.

Tag: Winged, Xany, Anne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.