1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    The Citadel, Prakith

That Taka?s estate would be on the very same planet the sisters had originally been headed for struck Elisthia as incredibly convenient?too much to be coincidence, if such a thing still existed; she?d already voiced her thoughts on coincidences to Mischa upon their arrival on Prakith, and this turn of events certainly did not change her opinion.

Elora spoke up, reaffirming their intentions to continue on to Tython, and suggested that the girls take the Storyteller on ahead of the Citadel, to make sure it was safe, to which Elisthia had no objections.

?If we?re going in advance, then perhaps Taka should accompany us on the Storyteller,? she told Bagheera. Hesitant as she was to bring a near-stranger on board, Elisthia was willing to take a chance if Bagheera trusted him, and besides--?This is his estate we're talking about. At the very least, I?ll need its coordinates.?

Tag: Xan, Sirak, Winged
  2. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4

Nick, good to see you back as ever. I'm very pleased to see you catch up and slot back without a problem. Careful with your colours, though- currently maroon and dark green are reserved for the GM, for OOC and IC use respectively.

SirakRomar, DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne

The Citadel, Prakith

"I'm sure Taka will be pleased to go with you," said Bagheera. "And I'm sure that when we get the chance that I can answer any of your questions...which reminds me."

The Cathar looked troubled.

"What did you see of the Panther Centurion, up there in orbit? Is it...is it destroyed beyond repair?"

Sarge221

Shadowlands

"Rebacca wished to avoid war," droned the droid, as the Wookiee roared his answer to Susul's question. "But more than that...she understands the value of protecting your kind, human. Do you not?"

/>/>/>

MAN CUBS has reached 1000 posts! This is no mean feat for any game in the RPF. It's more than a year's worth of play, and we're still going strong (not to jinx it...). I'm very happy to have you all on board, so permit me some excessive backslapping as I extend each of you a personal thanks and reflect on what I think was a highlight for each character. We proceed in alphabetical order.

DarkLordoftheFins: Cato, the tormented general. An intriguing creature (and he really is a creature now) since he awoke on Panchaea, he is already a complex and fearsome character. Not that Cato is a villain, necessarily. Who knows what he is? That's all in the exceedingly capable hands of Fins, a player who I was damn-near ecstatic to welcome into the game.

Highlight: Cato eating Averagus's brain. I laughed out loud when I read that. A brilliant moment of black humour- and perfectly logical and appropriate in the situation.

darthramza: Vic, the traitor. Perhaps that's a little harsh. But he's certainly a pragmatist. Ramza settled into his character quickest out of all the players, I feel, and was developing Vic's distinctive personality from a very early stage. Watching him grow has been a treat for me thus far, and has certainly kept me on my toes.

Highlight: His 'Welcome to Coruscant' lunch with Shere Khan and the parents he thought were dead. I wasn't sure how this would play out, but ramza turned it into a marvelously surreal scene (bonus points for the suggestion of Strawberry Fields Forever for the music).

DarthXan318: Mischa. It turned out dying was just the start for this young Cub, and among her adventures we've seen her journey through the Netherworld, fight her way back to life, re-unite with her sisters, experience a plethora of visions and learn to see without eyes. Xany is an invaluable member of our team with her skill, experience and sheer infectious enthusiasm for the game.

Highlight: Has to be the death, right? I'm actually going to go for the Kaleidoscope of Echoes. Xany has such a rich RPing history to mine, which is what made the scene work.

Hammurabi: Sara, an enigma. That's partly because we haven't seen much of Hamm, but also because she's an intentionally moody and somewhat contradictory character. While he was here Hamm brought his usual intelligence and sophistication to the table. Hope to see the man back soon!

Highlight: Bitching.Bagheera.Out. So to speak. An impassioned rant in which she spoke for all the Cubs and probably players and readers too.

Jabba-Wocky: Jin, a Celestial with plans. I'll be brief- J-W is one of the most gifted writers I've seen on these boards.

Highlight: Getting to grips with his living ship on Panchaea. I gave some meagre prompts, and J-W developed it far beyond my expectations.

JEDIGUNSHIP: Unfortunately we haven't seen too much of Kippa, but I've enjoyed the glimpses we have had. Currently he's off on the volcanic world of Sullust. Being played by gunship, a very experienced RPer who I've wante
    />/>/>
  3. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    Aboard the shuttle

?If this year doesn?t turn out to bring our demise, we might consider ridding ourselves of our alien company, should we return to collect it. They represent a dangerous risk. Plus, if the Viscount is an honorable kitty, then we?ll be reunited with our sisters. The tagalongs will be unnecessary.?

Bakara didn't react. "No. I won't kill them. Buldeo can rot for all I care - he's old and thinks his game is well-played."

Though not a master strategist in the least, tactics came easily to Bakara's mind.

"It's likely he wanted us to stir up trouble so he could move internally. I say let him die. We take his soldiers and use them as our own." My own. This war will be won on your terms. Don't let her push it out of control. "They'll call us terrorists - so be it. That is how it is. They catch us, they won't dare kill us, at least not publicly. Supporters will call us martyrs and Kahn won't last more than a year after that happens. We wage our war-" MY war "-and we win it. Simple."

Hopefully.

Gallia was wild. She had been for some time. The goal was not to let the anger take control but to harness it.

And you have?

That was....debatable. He punched in their coordinates, engaged the hyperdrive.

You're an animal, no different from the rest of them. That notion, that idea of control, of letting the beast out when you need it - those Devaronians... No. Oh yes! Oh yes indeed, those Devaronians. You're no better. Cold blood, defense or no. You had your choice, you made it. This power you've found - we've found - this power is something else. Use it. Take it - that power? Reach out and let it fill you. Or control it. Fool! You know you can't. You've found that power, you can't resist. You can try but you know it'll always solve your problems. Power. Control. Kill them all, let the Gods sort them out in the end.

He paused. Life was becoming complicated.

The woman - what of her? Can she love you? Even care for you? You're a fool to believe that. You're a blunt object, a hammer. You break things. I can do more than break. No. No no no no. Don't bother. Let it go. Maybe it's this that's the blunt object - this - you!

A pause.

And maybe it's me.

Tag: Nick, Winged
  4. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    The Citadel, Prakith

She grimaced, remembering the haunting wreck hovering above the planet?though it had been entirely probable, she had not considered that Bagheera did not know the extent of the damage to his ship, and she did not like having to be the one to tell him.

?I?m sorry, Bagheera. It?s split in two?there was just a cable holding it together.

?Elora went over there and was able to salvage two memory banks and the core for your AI system?that?s how we figured out you were down here.?

5. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Vic, Son of Hades
    Aboard the
    Playing With Food

"Well then, we'll just have to keep our eyes open for anything dangerous,"[color] Vic replied, "Although I'm certainly interested in seeing those 'settlements'... or whatever they may end up being, so that sounds like a reasonable course of action. I shall leave as soon as the necessary preparations are complete, then." He was intrigued by the possibility of someone, or something, actually hashing out a living on the planet, especially considering what he had read in the archives about snow. A planet coated in it would most likely have very limited resources, albeit the obvious water given proper heating equipment... unless whatever it was down there had come as part of an expedition.

Or it wasn't a settlement at all. The uncertainty was mildly disturbing, but it was an exhilarating unease, to be sure. His stomach felt like it was full of fluttering insects.

Of course, as always, his expression betrayed none of this.

TAG: Winged
  6. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Gallia Tern
    Aboard the Binary Brigade Shuttle

The extent of Bakara?s stoicism was truly something to marvel at. It was obvious that Bakara didn?t like Gallia?s excessive destructiveness, but he kept so calm as he redirected her focus. Bakara was clever. He would want Gallia as a follower, because she was too dangerous as an enemy. So, he made it a game of deception. Turn his goals into something that resembled her goals. If only he knew Gallia?s goals. If only she knew them herself.

But, for now, Bakara?s plan was adequate. If he wanted a war, Gallia wouldn?t hesitate to give him one. She knew combat, just as well as Bakara, and she lacked the unfortunate weakness of a conscience. They could fight a guerilla war, and Gallia could search for a purpose. But, before she spoke, Gallia stopped. She had forgotten something.

?How does Mischa factor into this? If the Viscount is right, then she?s alive. Do you really think she will be content with your plan? If she disapproves, are you strong enough to let her slip through your fingers, again??

Gallia could have smiled. She knew that Mischa was weak-point for Bakara, and now she was level with him. This would be a good test of Bakara?s strength. Could he disregard the only thing that made him lose his composure?

Tag: Peng, Wing
  7. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Cato, Son of Ares
    Obsidian Tower

Nergal was dead. Nergal. Nergal. The name. He had heard him before. Back then. In the days of the war. The great last war. General Cato the Celestial. The great General. He remembered all those meaningless titles he was wearing like a shield, while not being able to stop the war. The slaughter. His people dying.

"Tell me . . ." He continued, disoriented. Nergal. ". . . you said something about dark arts. Experiments. Power. What remains of Nergal´s . . . teachings?" A few seconds agony, when the question had come up it had meant a lot to Cato. Now it was something he said to try and escape . . . that burning cold inside his head. Nergal.

Screams.
    "I have heard screams." He turned his head. "I mean I felt them. I . . ." He looked at the tree and hissed out air as if it was poisoned. "I meant I felt the fire. I felt it. In my veins, Head. Did they feel it? What was it the two were looking for?" Cato stumbled almost. And then shook his head. "TELL ME!" He yelled out. Aggressive against himself and his loss of control, but projecting it on this terrible tree.

Screams. Screams in space. Where nobody heard you scream. Millions. Voices. Loud and then suddenly . . . Nergal. Nergal.

"Tell me. Tell me what they were experimenting with. What were they looking for?" Cato asked. And now only realized he was on his knees. His eyes burned with a feverish hatred now and the tendrils had come from his face, hurling around.

You´re lucky you got no brain, tree. He thought and grinned at that thought. "Tell me of their power!"

Suddenly it hit him. He had known Nergal. Could that be? Had he become that old? And why had he known him.

Deep inside of Cato the terrible knowledge took form, that there was something he missed. Something he had forgotten long ago . . .

Tag: Winged, Mitth
  8. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Here's to the next thousand posts! *clinks glasses* :D

IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    The Citadel, Prakith

Bagheera wouldn't join them. Mischa was disappointed, but not surprised. They were no longer little children that needed their Uncle Bagheera to watch over them ... they could take care of themselves, and Bagheera had new charges now. Still, she couldn't help feeling like he was leaving them somehow ...

But he was. He had already left. It had happened a year ago when she was dead.

Mischa shoved that away. Tython: she had seen the way to Tython, and though she wouldn't exactly put it like meant to be, the Force hadn't let her down so far. That Taka's estate happened to be on Tython was great. They wouldn't have to split up just yet, then; they could all head to the same place and everything would work out fine.

Although - Mischa frowned in his direction - wasn't that Farghul the one who had been dancing with Elisthia earlier?

The conversation turned to Bagheera's ship. Mischa winced in sympathy. Bagheera had had the Panther Centurion for as long as she could remember, and probably even longer than that - some of her earliest memories were of playing in its hold. She would miss that ship too.

?Elora went over there," Elisthia was saying, "and was able to salvage two memory banks and the core for your AI system?that?s how we figured out you were down here.?

"Loxias," Mischa said, remembering. "Yeah. He told us what happened."

TAG: Anne, Sirak, Wing
  9. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    IC: Averagus Aniad II-Son of Theseus
    Criton´s Point, The Obsidion Tower

Watching, gazing, hearing, learning little but seeing much. What could one call this when it all boiled down to it's own end? Was it worth it? Was anything worth it? Maybe.

So that maybe, the imperceptible glimer yet gave him hope as he stared silently, unseeably at his self proclaimed brothers actions. In a way he wanted to comfort the creature that he had become, to sooth what had once been a reknowned Celestial, brought low by something neither of them could touch.

As Cato asked of power, his own so evidently spent, he could watch no more. With but a turning of his head he found himself standing just outside the door.

Why do you weep? No tears fall from me, mother. he lashed out in response, his jibe fell on hardened soil to intent on a thing to be bothered by sticks or stones.

But your heart is acheing, can one who would eat us as soon call us brother truly elicit from you such a thing. . .as a weaping heart? If it is possible to die without dying, to be born without birth, then yes. Perhaps even my heart can be moved as such as this.

10. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Prakith, Ballroom

"Damaged beyond repair, I am afraid. I found only small parts that were not completely destroyed. But we did indeed saved Loxias." Elora agreed. Although her mind already wandered away. The force. Indeed Tython had been their goal. And Prakith had always been part of that trip. All she had suffered, all she had done had been to safe these people and go to Tython with them.

And she felt that was not the end of it, yet. It had only begun. Shaking her head Elora did return to the conversation. "Elisthia, Mischa, could you please take care of these things I need some time . . . alone." Elora smiled and excused herself. "Hope to see you soon again, old friend." She said goodbye to Baaghera, her old friend. And turned. "Meet you at the ship." Smiling to the MonCal girl and the acrobats she left the halls and wandered out to the courtyard. Breathing in the bitter air of Prakith she turned her eyes upwards into the sky.

Soon she would have to reach into the force. Soon she would have to do, what Sarabi had taught her. Not now. For this moment she just closed her eyes and gave herself a moment to come to terms with her new perception. Much like Mischa saw through the force, she seemed to hear through it. Seemed to feel her surrounding through it. The screams of danger, the whispers of comfort. She felt her sisters. She felt the others. Not yet each one of them. But she was sure this sense would be sharpened over time. and Elora was not sure if to welcome such a change. the way you did see the world defined who you were. How you reacted to it. And how much was still Elora, if her eyes were those of the force?

With closed eyes she smiled. How much of her would be Elora if she did not accept this? No, she already had. The force had guided her. And she had trusted it. But not like a Master. But an ally. The fear was only something she felt for the unknown. Because probably nobody had ever taken this path. It was her. The part that was not following the force was still a scared 17 year old girl. And that part was there. And she had the feeling nobody was taking it away from her. Especially not the force. That girl was who she had been. It as her past. And her past would always be her, too. Sarabi, mother. They all lived only in her memory. A part of Elora lived there, too.

And with that realization, she said goodbye to that part of her for now and opened her eyes. For now, she was here. In this place. In that time. And she was not who she had been when she came here. Remembering the lessons of the labyrinth. The power she had wielded there, it was still there. It had not been less present back then or more. It was just there. And so was she.

Elora looked around and saw a stone nearby. A small stone. Yet, one that had caught her attention. Her arm slowly raise.d Her hand extended, as if she wanted to grab it. But her feet did not move. and there were two meters to bridge between her and this stone. Two meters. In the force, she reached out to that little thing. She felt it. Felt the connection between it and her. And a smile spread on her face. It was still there. No danger, no mortal combat involved. The stone began to tremble. Began to shake as if it was a small animal in the cold. And then it took of. And leaped into her hand.

Looking at it, Elora thought it was really an ordinary stone. "But now you are also my teacher, little one." She smiled and threw it into the air. With the force she reached out for it, but it dropped before she could make the connection. Her smile grew a little broader, more girlish. "Okay, and I see I still have a lot to learn."

But she would. She would learn. And she had the feeling she had no idea how much, yet.

Tag: Winged, Xany, Anne
  11. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Susul Damasca, Son of Heracles
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

"But more than that...she understands the value of protecting your kind, human. Do you not?"

"I understand!" Susul couldn't help but snap, for some reason being offended by the slightest question of his willingness to his own duties. If anyone could, it was he that understood the importance of protecting one's own kind. However...

"But I don't understand why she did," he continued, the question coming back to his voice. "I'm not one of her kind. She's not part of a dying race. What did she know that makes my survival so valuable?"

The thought only reminded him again of his race's predicament. All that remained of his fellow humans locked in an endless sleep, the only ones awake being he and Ecko and what siblings the child still had. They had been a million in number when they had first been put to sleep and what was left of even that? He had seen the other empty pods, signs that others had been similarly awoken and...then what? Dead probably.

It made no sense. Between the prosperity of the Wookiees and the degenerating state of the humans, why had Rebacca chosen him?

12. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    IC: Jin, Son of Perseus
    Sicarii?s Villa, Ko Vari

One of the first things Jin learned in the wild was how to live in the moment. When nothing else would serve, he could abandon his mind to the world of his senses. It was a maneuver he was all too happy to execute now. To feel the soft down of his pillows and mattress, giving so much more beneath his weight than the thin matting of dead leaves on the forest floor ever had. Or, equally, the airy caress of the linens that swaddled him. The brilliance of the tile mosaic on the floor that he could see when he bothered to peer his eyes open, or the brilliant azure sky just through the window. Even his own body was a marvel. There was a slight, satisfied heaviness in his gut from what had been his most complete meal since hibernation ended. There was a unique richness, too, in the lack of sensation from his now clean-shaven chin.
    In that gloriously clear sensorium, for once unencumbered by fatigue, a voice asked simply, ?Is there anything you require, my lord??

He slid gingerly out of bed, and into the robe being held open for it. Tying it smartly, he set off pacing down the length of the bedroom, what was apparently his retinue in tow. They drove about in a peripatetic spasm, now fitting overcoats, now washing, now coiffing his newly trimmed hair. The discussion was an equally frenetic counterpoint to this rhythm.

While he slept, Sicarii had been busy putting the wheels of their new plan into motion. Jin didn?t intend to take too much time catching up. There were dossiers to review, plans to be made, and accounts to balance.

When they came to a halt, they were at the threshold of the suite?s entrance. Turning to the one at his right, he pronounced with some finality, ?There?ll be some time before everything?s in order for a serious off-world venture. Prepare the men to assemble in the courtyard this afternoon.? While the first off the aides scuffled off to duty, he continued to another, ?Speak to Sicarii?s planners. I?d like a short exercise, planet-side. Perhaps some place that needs to be pacified, or reminded of our authority? Just something to get our feet wet until we start working in earnest.?

?Until then,? he said, turning to the last of the attendants. ?Shall we go for breakfast??

One of the first things he?d learned in the jungle was how to live in the moment. Pontification made for poor reflexes. Agonizing over decisions ended in an unintentionally literal meaning. So he?d learned to shut it off and focus on the world around him. And if, at this moment, he?d blurred the impossible questions with those that were merely inconvenient? Well, he wasn?t paying enough attention to care anyway. That was the beauty and the terror of the whole thing.

13. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    The Shuttle

"How does Mischa factor into this? If the Viscount is right, then she?s alive. Do you really think she will be content with your plan? If she disapproves, are you strong enough to let her slip through your fingers, again?"

Bakara nearly froze at the mention of his sister. The hesitation was brief, the fraction of a fraction of a thought of a second, but it was there. He punched in the coordinates, made the jump. Gallia knew what she was saying. She had changed. A danger to you and the rest of the galaxy. But a danger he could control, for now.

"For a long time now we've been fighting for others; I'm done with it. It never was about her. You see what we've become? What you've become? You're a soldier. A child. Both." Good! "You've been broken and put back together." I was reborn.

He turned to face her. "Your scars might not be as visible as mine, Gallia, but they're there. I can see them. Each and every one. I know you - I've always known you - and I know you want blood. So why are you questioning me?"

Let her squirm. Let her see what was created a year ago.

"I'll give you blood when I see fit."

14. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Gallia Tern
    The Shuttle

Gallia noted the hesitation, with more than a little satisfaction. She had hit his soft spot, now all that was left was to watch Bakara unfold.

"For a long time now we've been fighting for others; I'm done with it. It never was about her. You see what we've become? What you've become? You're a soldier. A child. Both. You've been broken and put back together.?

Bakara was facing Gallia now, wholly focused, and poised to kill. ?Your scars might not be as visible as mine, Gallia, but they're there. I can see them. Each and every one. I know you - I've always known you - and I know you want blood. So why are you questioning me?"

"I'll give you blood when I see fit."

Gallia couldn?t stop herself from shivering. The smile was gone from her, replaced with a hard stare that became a glare. Gallia?s entire body was abruptly infected by her anger. She plucked the combat knife from its sheath at her side. Gripping the handle in a reverse hold, Gallia slammed the blade into the bulkhead of the craft. It was all she could do to stop herself from killing Bakara here and now.

She could envision a hundred different deaths for her older brother, but none seemed suitable for one so bold. Gallia?s nostrils flared, as she released a long breath. When she thought she was calm enough to speak, Gallia did so in an emotionless whisper, ?Blood isn?t all I want, dear brother. Don?t presume to know me entirely. I question you, because you were as broken as I. I need to be sure that you are strong enough to act as needed.?

Tag: Peng
  15. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Citadel, Prakith

Mischa bit her lip and nodded.

Elora seemed - strange. It didn't feel like she was hurt, not exactly - not beyond the cuts and bruises Mischa had already noted and would try healing later on - it was just ... she didn't even seem happy that she had won. Elora was smiling, but Mischa could see that there was no real elation behind it. Surely, having beaten the Togorian monster at his own game, Elora should be more triumphant?

Although come to think of it, Elora hadn't seemed truly happy since, well, since Mischa's return from the Netherworld.

"Do you think she's okay?" Mischa muttered to Elisthia.

16. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    The Citadel, Prakith

Elisthia watched as Elora walked away, and when Mischa asked if she thought their sister was okay, it occurred to Elisthia that Elora was behaving a bit?differently. She no longer seemed the impulsive, brash girl Elisthia remembered. Something had changed down in that Dome, but Elisthia wasn?t sure what it was, or how she was supposed to feel about it.

?She?seems okay,? she finally replied to Mischa?s inquiry. ?I don?t know. There?ll be time to talk about what?s happened later.?

Looking back to Bagheera--who still had not reacted to the news of the total destruction of his ship and the fact that the girls knew about Loxias--she added softly, "And the sooner we get off this planet, the sooner we can talk. Unless there's anything else that needs done here, we should probably get going."

They'd been on this planet long enough.

17. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4

The exam period is causing the slowdown. In a couple of weeks I'll be able to return to a more regular update schedule.

Regarding the Gallia-Bakara scene, I'll let Peng respond to Nick's last post before I update.

SirakRomar, DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne

The Citadel, Prakith

Bagheera remained curiously impassive as he learned of the destruction of his ship, and the recovery of the mysterious AI named 'Loxias'. The old Cathar nodded slowly, his eyes seeming to search inwards rather than focus on the girls. Whatever this news meant to him, he clearly needed time to process it.

"There is nothing else to be discussed at this time," he confirmed to Elisthia. "Probably. Let's just leave this place."

He gestured Taka over, and quickly explained to him his new role as a navigator for the humans. The Farghul readily agreed, and within a few minutes he was leaving the Citadel with Mischa, Elisthia, and his Zabrak entourage. Elora had already gone on ahead by herself.

The Storyteller sat lonely on the ash, waiting its masters like a loyal pet. As Elora approached, it opened its ramp to welcome her, and Abu came scurrying out.

In the distance behind the group, the ground began to tremble. Smoke and stone were kicked up into the air, and something exploded beneath the Citadel foundations, wreathing its base in tongues of blue flame.

Violent tremors gripped the earth, and there was a colossal crack! It was as if a mountain had uprooted itself. The Citadel lifted from the ground, riding on a sea of fire and clouded in dust, and inched its way into the sky.

It was impossible for the girls to hear themselves speak above the din as they hurried inside their own ship. The great flying fortress continued its steady ascent, and thunder rolled through the skies around it, bidding a grim farewell.

Sarge221

Shadowlands

Susul's question seemed to take them all by surprise; the Wookiee and Barabel turned to stare at him with incredulity on their faces, and the droid expressed something like bemusement with a questioning tilt of its head.

"Humansz are the Losst Children," explained Malacoda.

"They are the prophesied saviours of the Great Jungle," said the droid. "The forgotten race who will bring order to the wild, and topple the last of the tyrants."

They spoke as if this was obvious.

darthramza

Surface, Hoth

Three figures sullied the unbroken white, trampling across the snow towards a lonely bunker.

Vicious No-Fang was one of them. He was swaddled in more layers than a Shistavanen infant in winter, and could only see from behind thick goggles that were made for a head larger than his. He had been allowed to take whatever weaponry he could carry with him.

His bodyguards were a pair of Togorians who were apparently mates. The male was a strapping specimen named Tarhunt, who bore all the provisions on his back, including a compacted tent. The female, Arinna, was almost as large in stature, but moved with much more grace, and not only because she was unburdened by supplies. She made no superfluous gestures- every action was performed with predatory purpose and control. It was as if she was stalking some invisible foe.

"Lord Vicious," grunted Tarhunt, lumbering up alongside his young master, "if we're going into this bunker, let Arinna head in first. There could be danger inside."

Jabba-Wocky

Ko Vari

The afternoon sun was auburn on Ko Vari, and cast a dull light over the courtyard. Assembled there was the team that Jin had requested, modestly-sized to begin with. There were six of them in total, and the first stepped forward, bowing her head slightly.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061204211433/starwars/images/c/c1/Caamasi_NEGAS.jpg]

"Greetings, Master Jin," she said. "I am Rusudan, formerly tutor to Master Sicarii's son. I am a student and teacher of political science and Rakatan history. I am he
    />/>/>/>
  18. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Bakara
    The Shuttle

A reaction! He was in control. He'd proven himself right; whether or not he would take solace in that truth was another matter. He felt strangely calm despite Gallia's actions.

"What you see as necessary and what needs doing are two different things, Gallia. Grow up." He looked her dead in the eye. "We're not playing a game here. I'm not playing a game here."

Bakara turned back to the controls. "If you can't control your rage, then I will."

She knew he could - didn't she? She hadn't seen the Den after he was through with it. Caught off-guard and in a moment of exhaustion - of weakness - he had won.

And it had been decisive.

19. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    Prakith

?Noise, indeed,? Elisthia muttered to herself as she observed the departing Citadel from the ramp of the Storyteller. She couldn?t even hear herself over the din?just as well, since that meant her sisters wouldn?t hear, either; she still did not wish to tell them what she?d seen in that first illusion.

Her ears were ringing when the ramp finally closed, shutting out the worst of the noise. Upon leaving the Citadel, Elisthia had paused to retrieve the weapons she had given up to Scarskin and Grimgrip, and she now returned these to their proper places in the storage lockers before beckoning to Taka and the droid LOU-1E and leading them up to the cockpit?she was eager to leave this place, and made no effort whatsoever to hide the fact as she fired up the engines.

Let?s get out of here.

20. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Gallia Tern
    The Shuttle

Gallia had been brash. She knew that. Her focus had never been subtlety. She was like a burst of flames. Brilliant and intense for an instant. She had established and displayed this. Bakara was smarter and he had outplayed her.

But, it was apparent that he was growing arrogant. He assumed a greater knowledge than he actually possessed. He thought that he was in control of everything. But, he hadn't seen Gallia's reaction to Kaa's betrayal. He didn't know how wholly she had destroyed him. Gallia could do the same to Bakara if she didn't respect him as she did.

Bakara had won himself a victory, but it was shallow. It meant nothing. The sense of control he had gained was an illusion. Gallia would show him this. She pulled her blade out of the ship and sheathed it.

Tag: Wing
  21. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4

Penguinator-176, NickLitYouAFlame

Approaching Prakith

Tensions were rising aboard the Binary Brigade shuttle. It was not the first time Bakara and Gallia had been at odds with each other, but there was an edge to their words this time that had not been there before. Both had faced up to their inner natures recently- against a Devaronian mob and a Rodian traitor respectively- and both had come away with blood on their hands, unknown power coursing through their veins. They had twice made deals with Togorians, and they had led and then abandoned their comrades. They were no longer children.

They left hyperspace somewhat abruptly- the massive gravitational pull in the area had yanked them out a little early. This was the Deep Core, after all, famed for its mass of ancient stars and distortions of space-time. Woe to the wolf who seeks the heart of the Jungle, Akula used to warn them.

They were approaching the correct world, according to the co-ordinates that Steam had provided them. The planet was pale orange, and pockmarked with reddish craters. The surface seemed volcanic and volatile, and white-fire scars tore across the atmosphere.

In orbit were the remains of dozens of ships, scattered and torn apart.

[image=http://mediabeta.curse.com/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00/00/12/72/84/1Debris_in_Hellsgate_newslet.jpg]

Their sensors picked up a flurry of activity on the surface, and what lifeforms there were seemed to be concentrated in that specific region of the planet. The shuttle's instruments were not sophisticated enough to give any more detail than that.

But the attention of the two humans was drawn towards the scene above the planet. Floating among the debris was a familiar old freighter. It had been ripped almost in two, and the separate halves were joined only by a single length of cable. The wreck hovered outside the viewport like a ghost from the cubs' past.

It was the Panther Centurion- Bagheera's ship.

22. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Susul Damasca, Son of Heracles
    Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

"Lost Children?" Susul looked at the Wookiee, the droid, and the Barabel one at a time, more lost than ever. "Saviors? I don't..."

He didn't understand. What was this? He had drifted off into slumber as part of a defeated, endangered race, only to awaken as a race that was still hunted by a new empire but was now apparently being lauded as saviors in some prophecy?

"Bring order? We couldn't even save ourselves!" he protested, his temper suddenly seeming short. "What kind of ridiculous prophecy is this? We're just trying to survive and we're failing even at that!"

Despite the cold shadows that surrounded them, Susul was starting to feel a bit warm. Anger, frustration, and even despair welled up within him, seeming to tighten around his heart and chest, making it hard to breathe. He felt dizzy too, this new influx of information weighing down on his mind and - possibly - sanity. It was just like back on Panchaea actually, upon receiving the news of the fall of the Rakatan Empire. The joy and relief had been wondrous. Overwhelming but wondrous. The despair that followed was just as overwhelming but more soul-crushing upon the revelation that the empire had not been destroyed but rather lived on with only the old faces being switched out.

"Why don't you worry about yourselves!?" Susul exploded, thinking about Rebacca's sacrifice again. He. Didn't. Understand. Why? Why, why, why, why, why, why?

His blaster rifle clutched tightly in his hands, he suddenly, with a roar of outrage, threw it off to the side before whirling back around to face the others, his now empty hands curling tightly into fists. "Why us!? What the hell do you want from us!? Do you expect us to fight another war for you!? Have more of us die for you? We did that already and look what happened! We're a dying race!"

Sweat beaded his forehead and no doubt the rest of his body as he felt the growing inferno that burned within him. It was becoming difficult to draw breath, the air coming in shorter gasps as he ranted. It wasn't doing his head any good either, the dizziness becoming more bothersome. He shook his head, one hand coming up to wipe the sweat from his brow.

But he couldn't stop shouting.

"Save yourselves for a change!" he continued, trying to fight off this growing weakness. "Why don't you fight and you die? Don't you understand? I'm the only one left! Me and Ecko and whoever else is being hunted down by these Togorians that you hate so much and yet aren't doing a damn thing to stop them! Humanity is either dead or dying! There are no saviors left, only dead men!"

The tightness grew, seeming to try to smother him with his own emotions, leading to Susul to start to gasp out his next words.

"Look for another meat shield to...hide behind..." He raised a hand to the collar of his bodysuit, tugging on it in order to try and let out some of the heat that was building up. "Cause there's no one..."

He was suffocating. With a sudden, horrible realization, he realized that he wasn't being strangled by his emotions. He was being strangled by his armor!

The bodysuit had somehow managed to grow tight around him, pressing against his body, restricting his movements. The armor plates themselves seemed to be doing the same thing, the plate at his chest pressing against him, causing him to struggle for breaths which were becoming shorter, more desperate. As his chest expanded, trying to draw air, the chest plate pressed against it, seeming to try to halt the action.

"My...armor!" Susul strangled out, dropping to his knees. "It's...killing me!"

Despite the increasing restriction, his hands still managed to get to his chest, trying to pry off the plate. It refused to budge.

"Can't...breathe..."

The vibroknife! Removing the blade from it's sheath, Susul powered it on before pointing it at his own chest and stabbing it in. He was trying to be careful, to not kill himself in the attempt to save
  23. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    *looks at Sarge's post*

Waaaait... Susul is growing bigger ... Mischa and Elisthia met a giant in Kali's vision that felt purple-fire-y and Susul was exposed to purple fire. Could that be him? :D :D

Prakith

Elora was already on board when Mischa, Elisthia and the others arrived. A colossal roar deafened them as they hurried up the ramp, and Mischa knew - without turning around - that the Citadel had ripped itself free of Prakith. Fire poured out from its foundations. It rode the plume of flame and smoke up, up, up until the noise faded to a dull roar and the colossal structure and its inhabitants vanished beyond the range of her Sight.

Gone ... for now. They would be reunited with Bagheera and the others on Tython.

If nothing else went wrong, that is. So many things had already happened since she returned from the Netherworld. Mischa was a year out of her time, and was increasingly feeling like the world - the galaxy - was rushing by her, changing and morphing faster than she could adapt. Her family was changing and morphing faster than she could adapt.

She was changing faster than she could adapt. It was not the Force - learning to use that was straightforward enough, like learning to play a new game or flexing unused muscles - it was everything else. Had she been right to try to heal Kali? Had it been wrong to spill blood on the door to get to Kroni? Had it been wrong - she felt a little ashamed - to tease Bagheera the way she had when they were first reunited? Mischa had never meant any harm - and yet - and yet -

Perhaps, like Elora's killing of Kroni, doing the right thing involved doing a little harm, too.

Still thinking, Mischa followed Elisthia up to the cockpit and buckled herself in.

24. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Storyteller, Prakith

She had welcomed Taka and her sisters. Her mind was still wiuth the stone. And her connection ot it. Easily she could provbably become lost in that connection. She realized that now. That in the force was danger. To loose oneself. The force had not made her a vessel. Had it? The Togorian had clearly been a vessel for evil. A destructive, evil force that the force had wanted her to stop. And now what became of her? A vessel of good? She did not belive that. It was not her impression, that the force was possessive. Or controling. It was a guide. An ally. It had not forced her to step into the labyrinth, right? But it had probably known she would not accept the cruelty of it. Yes, it had chosen her. No doubt. Itb had not forced her. Maybe that was the secret of good. There was always someone to serve it. While evil twisted, corrupted it´s servants. Or they would never go beyond their limits. Power, desire, vanity. All of that had the Togorian shown and been little else than a beast, in the end. Elora had to be careful about her desires. For power she felt little need, although she realized she was growing fast.

The thundering of the worldship ripping itslef out of Praktih surface was deafening. But Elora resisted the need to experience the sensation with her own eyes. Instead she secured her rifle in her compartment. The blaster and vibroblade remained with her. Calm and satisfied she felt her time at Prakith come to an end. A smile appeared on her face. She had saved them. They were all save. It brouight joy to her, before her mind and soul calmed again.

I am probably too young to find my purpose in life, am I? Well it looks as if it found me, though.

Elora stepped to her sisters into the cockpit, as Elisthia prepared the ship for the take off. taking the chair hse had always taken since the ship became theirs, she leaned back. Mischa was in thoughts. Elisthia eager to leave. She saw it in their faces. And strange enough felt it, too. Her expanded perception giving her another sight on things. And she felt something else. A presence. Unknown. But yet, familiar. Someone she had met before. Soemone close to her. "You should make a scan, Elisthia. once we´re in orbit. Got the feeling we´re not yet done here after all." She sighed and looked at her. Her blaster and her sword felt more heavy suddenly. "And now get us the hell out of here . . . " She allowed her girlish grin to appear ofr a moment. "Before we get to solve more ancient galaxy changing trouble,s you know?" And with a nod she turned to Mischa. Then to Louie. "We did fine here. Actually. We helped." And she leaned back and tried to pinpoint that presnece. It was so hard, getting easier, but still so hard to focus on that perception she now had . . .

She needed training. More training . . .

Tag: Xany, Winged and foremost Anne
  25. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    Aboard the Storyteller, Leaving Prakith

Her sisters had followed her to the cockpit as well, and as the ship lifted off the ground, Elora spoke up: "You should make a scan, Elisthia. once we´re in orbit. Got the feeling we´re not yet done here after all."

Whatever gave her sister this feeling, Elisthia didn?t know?the Force, maybe??but she wasn?t about to argue with what was a very sensible suggestion. ?With all that wreckage up there, it certainly wouldn?t hurt,? she answered. ?You can never tell what might be hiding in all that.? Looking over at their droid, she added, ?Louie, you keep an eye out, too; tell me if your sensors pick up anything unusual out there.?

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.