main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

To all: our Library Thread has been updated a bit, with some planetary descriptions, plus another Fate fulfilled.

There's also a rather nice map of important destinations thus far, as reproduced here:

[image=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5910/themancubsgalaxy.jpg]

As with all information in that thread, updates will be made as we progress. I recommend visiting every month or so just to refresh your memory and maybe read some info you hadn't read before.

[b]Sarge221[/b]

[i]Upper Levels, Kashyyyk[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]
    The Wookiees were completely taken aback by Susul's transformation. They backed away as he stood up, and looked up and down in what was either awe or fear. It was not easy to frighten a Wookiee, of course, but this unnatural metamorphosis seemed to have achieved it.

The Wookiees themselves did not wear much in the way of clothing, but within a few minutes of scrabbling around they were able to produce some furs and belts for Susul to use and fashion himself a costume. For modesty's sake, if nothing else.

And then:

[i]"Free me!"[/i]

The voice was as clear as day. And it did not come from anyone in the room- it was in Rakatan. It was in Susul's head. And it was gone almost as soon as it had come, but it was the first sign that the flame had perhaps had more than a purely physical effect.
    [/color]
    [/blockquote]

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    At the Airlock, Storyteller

Waiting at the base of the airlock shaft, Mischa bounced impatiently from foot to foot. The docking procedure seemed to take forever - in her mind's eye she could see the two ships manoeuvring carefully to match speeds, the tube extending, and wished it would go faster -

The Storyteller shuddered. The other ship had docked. Another tremor shook the deck - the airlock had opened on the other side. At this range, she could See her brother and sister: Gallia was as tall as she remembered, wearing armour just as she had been in Mischa's vision, and Bakara in similar attire with the addition of a helmet, though his face shone through anyway with inner Force light.

His face - Mischa was grinning so broadly her face hurt. Although she had heard his voice over the comm, although Elsie had told her he was all right, the last time she had seen Bakara he had been flopping around limply in Bagheera's arms and she had been so scared he was going to die. It was such a relief to see him tall, broad-shouldered and completely fine.

Sound echoed through the shaft; footsteps on the ladder. Mischa obligingly hit the airlock controls. As they descended, she had a momentary flash of panic: what if her brother and sister weren't happy to see her? What if they weren't as she remembered? What if they thought she was a ghost or something and tried to banish her? What if ...

Then the first armoured figure leapt down to the deck, and the second, and Mischa's apprehension dissolved back into excitement.

"Bakara, Gallia!" the younger girl exclaimed before they could say a word. She threw her arms around Bakara, practically tacklehugging him into the bulkhead. "You're here - !"

TAG: Peng, Nick, (Sirak, Anne)

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Susul Damasca, Son of Heracles
    Kashyyyk

Susul was not appreciating the looks that he was being given by the Wookiees. It only made him even more self-conscious of his transformation and how, indeed, unnatural it was. But it was only a few feet, and it was that mantra that went through his mind over and over again whenever he felt the telltale signs of despair trying to take over his heart and mind. He was able to hold it back, fortunately, as he knew he had seen things a lot worse then just growing into a giant.

While waiting for the Wookiees to scavenge whatever they could for clothing, Susul just tried his best to being accustomed to his growth spurt. Had this been - somehow - a natural, slow growth, his mind would've adapted readily enough to compensate for the extra feet of height and girth. This, however, growing several feet in however many hours while he was unconscious had thrown off the entire synchronization of mind and body.

Flexing his arms and legs, taking careful steps with the support of the table, Susul thought he was getting the hang of it by the time he was delivered the scraps of clothing. He did nothing fancy, throwing the furs over his torso and tying a belt around it. It wasn't much but it would do. Whenever he had the chance he might try and question the Wookiees of whether they had some sort of armor that he could use or be fashioned for his use to replace his old-

"Free me!"

The sudden, tight jerk that Susul used against the belt to firmly tie it around his torso was a sign that, though looking nothing out of the ordinary, held the hints of fear and despair that he had held back but had suddenly pounded against him as the voice in his mind suddenly had.

That was Rakatan, Susul thought, even his thoughts were tinged with the fear that was shown on his face. Fortunately, his head was lowered, his eyes on his belt, so he was able to hide that fearful look on his face from his hosts. I heard it. That was in my head.

Trying to calm himself, Susul finished knotting the belt, not raising his face back to the Wookiees until he was entirely sure that he had control once again. He waited, wondering if the voice would repeat itself. It didn't. Not yet anyway.

He needed to talk to Malacoda.

"I suppose this will do," he spoke, astounded at himself as how he remained so calm when he addressed his hosts. "I better see what Malacoda wants."

After getting directions, Susul had walked out calmly enough upon exiting the hut. After taking several paces away from it, however, he couldn't help but take off in the direction of the Barabel.

TAG: Winged

4. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Sarge221

Upper Levels, Kashyyyk

As soon as Susul left the hut, he noticed the reactions of the Wookiees on the walkways around him. They backed away in shock and fear, retreating into their own homes and waiting for the giant human to pass by.

Malacoda was waiting on one of the higher landing platforms, finishing repairs on a large, heavily-armed freighter. With its sharply-sculpted gun turrets and lime-green plating, the ship almost looked reptilian itself.

"Thisz one ssees you have transformed completely," he hissed, looking up at the colossus with mild surprise. "The flame has corrupted your body...and perhapz your mind alsso."

The landing ramp of the ship lowered, and the Barabel prepared to march up it, curling his abnormally large tail behind him.

"It isz time to leave this cursed world," he announced. "Thisz one wants answers about the flame- answerz for what happened to Hou-Yi and Chang'e. There is a famous witch doctor not far from here, who may be able to provide inssight into our condition...or even cure us. Will you come?"

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Averagus Aniad II - Son of Theseus
    Criton´s Point, The Obsidion Tower

His own apparition grinned as though in place of his own, the distorted ugly mirror shoring up the emotional high that such an out with so much to be gained. Twas a rare thing indeed when one forgot their deeds and instead enjoyed the fruits that other's bore.

"Nergal, or Irkalla, which ever you prefer I shall answer you now." he spoke out loud, hoping yet in this enough of an answer would be heard by his grisly General. "I am where old souls yet dwell, and ruins of two Empires have come to rest. One in knowledge, other in body, both lorded over by a curator most bemoaning and creaking from the brush of flames undying with a hue more purple than the wild flowers. Now you know both the answer and the questions I would most likely have of you."

TAG: Winged, Fin

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Storyteller

Sitting there was calming, refreshing. Feeling the force. Feeling everything, dwarved the world around Elora. Yes, the excitment of her sister was still there. So was the presence of Bakara, of Gallia. Something cold was in them. But only small spots in an endless see of presneces. Too far to identify. To strange, to removed to study. But present. Through the force connected with Elora and evewrything.

A smile hushed over her face, as she felt the ease with which she now raised her tools from the ground. The others would come to her, if they needed to talk. They would follow their path. She would follow hers. Bakara would not change this. Nor would Gallia.

That their fates might be on collusion course did not even matter. So many fates were. In the endless sea that wwas life.

Elora understood what she had to dfo now. Wait. The force would reveal itself, soon enough.

No. Exactly in time. Most likely.

Tag: Others, Winged

7. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    Aboard the Storyteller, Prakith

As soon as she was sure the shuttle was securely docked with the Storyteller, Elisthia got to her feet and rushed out of the cockpit, only sparing LOU-1E a firm ?Stay here,? before heading for the airlock?she considered going to get Elora, but decided that if her sister wanted to wait, then she wouldn?t press the matter--Leave it alone, or you might make it worse?and went to join her brother and sisters instead.

The sight that greeted her when she got there was both amusing and heartwarming: Mischa seemed to have jumped their big brother in her excitement, nearly knocking him into the wall in the process, and was now hugging him fiercely.

Remembering how close Mischa and Bakara had been before the attack a year earlier, Elisthia suspected that Bakara probably didn?t mind all that much.

Smiling warmly at Bakara and Gallia?it may have been her first genuine smile since Myrkr?Elisthia gave her siblings a welcoming nod. ?Good to see you guys again.?

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xan, Sirak, Winged

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bakara
    The Airlock, Storyteller

Bakara smiled broadly beneath his helmet - it was her! She was alive, against all odds and all logic, and he didn't care; the details didn't matter anymore. He had his sister back and would never lose her again. Mischa seemed intent, currently, on plastering him to the bulkhead but hadn't counted on his strength and physical presence. He swept her up in a great hug, laughing through the helmet, smiling. He pulled her close, gave what he hoped was the best "big brother" hug he could, and set her down again on the flooring, kneeling down with her, marveling at her survival.

And then he saw the cloth around her eyes.

"It's you...I thought you were gone, Mischa." He grinned in the helmet. "I'm so glad I was wrong."

What about the cloth though? He wanted to pull it away, to see her bright eyes again, but somehow didn't think that was the best idea.

He laughed, forgetting the thought.

"I'm so glad to see you - all of you," he said, looking to Elisthia. Elora was noticeably absent. Did she hold a grudge? It had been a year and a bit - a long time to hold a grudge against family. Don't press it. People change and people change back.

Tag: Xan, Anne, Sirak, Nick, Winged

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

"I was," Mischa laughed as Bakara released her. Her brother had grown - he could pick her up! A year ago, she would've been able to bowl him right over - but he was still the same. The laugh was the same, the voice was the same. "Elsie brought me back - it's a long story - but I'm alive. I really am."

She hugged Gallia too then, just a hair less fiercely. "I can't believe you're here!" she said again. "How did you find us?"

TAG: Anne, Nick, Peng, Sirak

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Kippa Lo
    Sullust

Kippa was unsure of what the aliens wanted of him. They did not seem hostile on first glance, as they probably would have surrounded him with loaded weapons if they had suspected him of some sort of treachery, but he could not be quite sure of what they had planend for him. He packed up his things quickly, thinking wildly as he did so. What if they turned hostile, and he needed an escape route? Where could he go? A pock-marked landscape would be good hiding for a while on a normal planet, but he wasn't even sure he could breath the air. Deciding that he better step out of the ship andfind out what was waiting for him, he grabbed his belongings, threw them over his shoulder, and lowered the ramp.

As he walked down the ramp, Kippa bit his lip. His eyes darted around, looking for any possible means of escape if the need arose. Even if he could not survive in the terrain of the planet, maybe he could safely hide somewhere int he complex until it was clear to keep moving.

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Kashyyyk

The initial reactions that the Wookiees had back in the hut had been unsettling. To be outside, with the entire Wookiee population giving him the same looks, however...

If Rebacca's capture hadn't given them any doubts, Susul's transformation might've done the trick. They were hiding from him. Retreating from him. As if he was some kind of monster that the artifact warped him into. An enemy, perhaps.

"Thisz one ssees you have transformed completely."

"You think?" Susul had said in reply, barely keeping his agitation in check as he finally made it to Malacoda and his ship. Despite that, however, he was actually relieved to find the Barabel. Unlike the Wookiees, Malacoda didn't seem to be at all disturbed nor worried about the human growing a few extra feet. Experience of course, but it was that experience that the young Damasca was counting on at the moment in search f answers or - perhaps - a cure.

His assumptions were proven right a minute later. Not a cure, unfortunately, but the revelation of some witch doctor was at least some step in the right direction. Being a man that usually scoffed at such mystical means and titles such as "witch doctor", the desperation for answers and what he had experienced so far in the Shadowlands allowed him to readily accept such a being that can help them.

But to go now with Malacoda? The question actually gave Susul pause as he thought of Ecko. As desperate for answers as he may be, his duty to the survival of humanity - and thus Ecko - still clung to him. Despite only knowing the child for such a short period of time - with his deafness making communication difficult -, Susul couldn't help it. At the very core of his morals and ethics, his duty was what had shaped him during the years of the war.

Ecko will be safe, Susul comforted himself. He knew that Baloo was quite protective of Ecko and his fellow Wookiees had kept him safe so far. As Susul clung to his duties, he knew that they would cling to theirs.

Afterall, Ecko was not a monster in their eyes.

So, with a nod, Susul finally replied, "I'll go. The sooner we get answers the better."

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I strongly encourage clicking my musical link to get a sense of super happiness. Also, off at work until Sunday evening. See you all then - I'll try to post if I can.

Bakara
    The Airlock

The young man couldn't stop grinning. "We followed your trail." And it's good we got here before someone else followed it, came the second voice, but he ignored it again. Ignoring it felt very good, he thought. "But mostly I think we made it up as we went along. We found a lot of trouble, escaped a few narrow situations - too close sometimes. It's been a long year, and it is good to see some familiar faces again.

At this point he decided to neglect mention of the massive amount of training he'd undergone with any and every weapon imaginable. It wouldn't be prudent to go into detail about the huge amount of risk Hathi had lead them into; he'd given them their training and they'd undergone many a trial by fire. He had other scars to prove it. Despite his relative lack of armament at this moment, he still felt coiled, ready to move at any instant. He felt like a spring, as dumb as he thought the comparison was. Mischa's bandaged eyes bothered him; he'd have to look at them later. And her state of dress was...different. She'd obviously done so for protection, but the overall image it left was almost comical, and he grinned beneath his helmet. Elisthia looked older and had clearly seen as much as Mischa, but seemed far more subdued to his eyes.

And the name "Vilevein" didn't ring well to his ears. He felt uneasy about their position in the airlock, and wanted to say so. He didn't trust this associate of theirs.

He decided not to mention the "associates" he'd been forced to deal with on the way, either. Bakara looked to Elisthia, asked, "And you? What happened to the Panther Centurion? And...your eyes, Mischa?"

Tag: Anne, Xan, Nick, Wing, Sirak

13. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Airlock, Aboard the Storyteller, Prakith

?And you? What happened to the Panther Centurion? And?your eyes, Mischa??

Elisthia gave her shoulders a slight shrug. ?The circumstances could be better, but I think we?re doing okay. Bagheera was captured over Onderon and brought here before the Centurion was destroyed, but he?s all right, he?s over on the Citadel.? Elisthia wasn?t sure how Bakara would handle the news that Bagheera?s captor happened to be Shere Khan?s mother, or the fact that she and Mischa had met the Togorian and would likely meet her again on Tython, so, for the moment, she elected not to tell him just yet. ?There are about two hundred others over on the Citadel, the same thing happened to them, and we were going to help them relocate to Tython?we were already on our way there when we stumbled over this place.?

She looked over at Mischa then; Bakara had asked about the younger girl?s eyes, a question Elisthia had known was coming, but since he had directed the inquiry to Mischa, it was only fair that she let her sister speak for herself.

Besides, Elisthia wasn?t even quite sure how to begin to explain their sister?s return, or its consequences, to her brother in the first place.

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xan, (Sirak)

14. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Mischa winced, slithering off her older sister. Of course Bakara would have noticed that immediately, and would have asked - but Irkalla burned away my eyes when I escaped the Netherworld, and now I see with my mind instead was a bit of an unbelievable explanation. She wouldn't have believed it herself if she hadn't lived it.

"They're ... gone," Mischa said. "Irkalla - the guardian of the Netherworld - he wanted me to stay dead, so he tried to stop me from leaving with Elisthia. He couldn't, cause Sarabi stopped him, but he burned my eyes before we got away." She shivered at the memory - the utter, complete darkness - "But it's alright now - I can see in the Force. It's not quite the same, but I can 'see' you guys just fine." And now that she thought about it, Bakara and Gallia were both glowing with fierce inner light, not unlike Elora: they were able to touch the Force, too. Perhaps this wouldn't be as unbelievable as she thought.

TAG: Anne, Peng, Nick, (Sirak)

15. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Gallia Tern
    Airlock, Storyteller

Before Gallia could prevent it, Mischa was wrapped around her waist as she had been around Bakara. She smelled and felt as she had as a child, but Gallia was different. This exchange; the whole reunion was useless. It served no purpose towards their goal, and yet everyone insisted that they remain here, discussing inane details about their time apart. Gallia became interested, however, when Mischa mentioned something she called the ?force.?

?But it's alright now - I can see in the Force. It's not quite the same, but I can 'see' you guys just fine.?

Gallia turned to look at her sister. She wore a cloth over her face, and Gallia could sense something was missing. She could ?sense.? This sensation of knowing without seeing must have something to do with the force. She would have to speak with Mischa about this later, and, preferably, when they were alone.

Tag: Everyone on the Storyteller

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Bakara
    The Storyteller

He frowned. The force? "The force? What are you talking about? And how can you see?"

This bothered him. If she couldn't see properly - and how could she with no eyes? - how could she keep herself safe? And Irkalla - whoever had hurt her would pay the price. He wasn't going to lose a member of his family, not again. He felt his temper rising as he thought of these things, tried to keep calm. Elora wasn't there - that was another brick in the wall. A year with no word, and she couldn't even be bothered to show her face? Typical. Hypocrisy, all of it. You remember how she spoke to you, to us? You do. I know you do. I know I do. She's another liar and cheat and wanderer through life with blinders on. No sense of scale, no sense of the truth of life, no- No.

He cut off those thoughts. They weren't healthy and they weren't helping anyone. Elora must be occupied. That was it. And he hadn't been the nicest person last time they'd spoken either.

You're making excuses again. No, he told himself, no. This was the truth - he was still little more than a boy in a man's universe. His body was strong, powerful, capable, but his heart was still weak. He didn't have the level head he needed, not yet. Not yet.

A thought came to him.

"Mischa, when you see - with...with whatever you're seeing with...what are you seeing? What do you see when you look at me?"

Tag: Xan, Anne, Nick, Sirak, Winged

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Mischa frowned thoughtfully, tilting her head at her brother. "It's - hm. It's hard to describe exactly. It's not like normal sight. Stuff that isn't alive, like bulkheads and droids, look sort of grey and translucent. Holos don't really exist at all. Anything living look solid and real, and they all glow with inner light. I think it's because the Force is created by life, so life is the only really real thing in the Force - anything that isn't alive is sort of secondary - and I see what the Force sees.

"So when I look at you," Mischa concluded, having felt her way to an answer. "I see, well, you. It's like the old you, only you're taller, and you have this brightness about you that comes from the Force. I see you both have armour on -" and I wonder if it's the same suit I saw Gallia wearing "- and I know you're wearing a helmet too, Bakra, but it doesn't really - I mean, I could see you smile through it." The last was said with a grin of her own - the half-challenging, half-tentative grin of a younger sibling who had caught an elder out on a gaffe, and was wondering how it might be taken.

TAG: Peng, Nick, Anne, (Sirak)

BTW - I'm having fun and would happily keep the banter up for much longer :p but if you guys want to move on that's fine with me.

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    *kicks thread into life*

Everyone should have an update to respond to, either below or in an earlier post. If you can't find yours, send me a PM.

To our group arriving on Tython, if you want to split your post in two in order to finish off the reunion conversation, feel free to do so.

[b]SirakRomar, DarthXan318, JediMasterAnne, Penguinator-176, NickLitYouAFlame[/b]

[i]Aboard the[/i] Storyteller
    [color=darkgreen]
    It had been over a year, but now the siblings were finally re-united. If Vic, Sara and Ecko had been there, the family would have been complete once again.

But they were happy enough just to number five once again, instead of two or three. Mischa happily embraced Bakara and Gallia, explaining her new powers and her time in the Netherworld, while they offered selective excerpts of their year with Hathi. Elisthia joined in too, leading them all into the cockpit as she settled easily back into the pilot's chair. Beside her was the lizard-monkey Abu Nuwas, quiet and in awe of the well-armed arrivals. Only Elora remained aloof, choosing to meditate apart from the others. Perhaps out of them all, she had experienced the most profound changes.

The other group on the ship- the Farghul Taka (alias 'Scar') and his troupe of backing singers- had introduced themselves briefly. Noting the joy the Man Cubs shared at seeing one another again, Taka kindly offered to pilot the Binary Brigade shuttle in place of Bakara and Gallia, so that the pair could stay with their siblings for the journey to Tython.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100313035716/starwars/images/2/21/Tython-TOR.jpg]

Tython nestled as deep within the Core as Prakith and yet it was the complete opposite of that heat-seared hellhole. Tython was green and vibrant, full of life and light. Taka led the Binary Brigade shuttle down first, closely followed by the [i]Storyteller[/i]. The [i]Citadel[/i] came rumbling through the sky behind them, momentarily blocking out the sun as its enormous frame soared through the clouds.

They were headed for a well-maintained estate below.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081214175453/starwars/images/0/01/Tython_Jedi_enclave.jpg]

"My home!" buzzed Taka's voice over the ship-to-ship intercom. "Land in the grounds and my servants will make you all welcome!"
    [/color]

[hr]

[b]Sarge221[/b]

[i]Leaving Hyperspace, Aboard the[/i] Reptilia
    [color=darkgreen]

Susul had said his goodbyes to Baloo and Ecko. The boy seemed too young to understand what was going on, but Baloo had taken him aside and explained as best he could, in the complex sign language the pair of them had developed.

Following a short ceremony to mourn the deaths of Uppsala, Hou-Yi and Chang'e in the Shadowlands, Susul and his new comrade Malacoda had set off for the stars. The Wookiees (without a chief for the time being) had wished them luck, and promised to send a scouting party to further investigate the mysterious relic they had discovered.

The trip had been thus far uneventful, though somewhat uncomfortable. The co-pilot seat within the [i]Reptilia[/i] was not designed to accommodate a human, let alone one of Susul's new proportions.

They reverted to realspace above a grassy world, with patches of mist rolling over green continents. It looked a perfectly harmless, pleasant world, and perhaps a strange place to find the witch-doctor that Malacoda had mentioned.

"Human," hissed the Barabel. "Thisz one haz not been entirely truthful with you. Thisz one ssuspected you would not come if told the truth. You must trusst in thisz one. We are going to have to disguise you when we set foot upon this planet...because this iz Togoria, homeworld of Shere Khan and his kind."
    [/color]
    [hr]

[b]JEDIGUNSHIP[/b]

[i]Sullust[/i]
    [color=darkgreen]

The Sullustans who greeted Kippa seemed intimidating as he stepped down the ramp of his ship, but that impression was immediately changed as they dropped into low bows. Some of them even scraped along the floor, pressing their jowls into the dirt.

"A Cel

19. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Aboard the Storyteller

No one could not say that she was not glad to see her siblings again, but once the conversation shifted over to Mischa?s newfound method of sight, and to the Force that gave her that unique power, Elisthia found herself beginning to feel somewhat awkward, out of place. Bakara was interested in this Force, as demonstrated by his questions, and though Elisthia could not see her face, and she had yet to say a single word, Gallia seemed to be listening as well. Elisthia herself knew very little of the Force, and was starting to feel as if her own lack of this profound gift had created an invisible chasm between her and her sisters, that would never be truly bridged?she had resigned herself to the probability that, no matter how often they might try to explain it to her, she would likely never fully understand this Force. She did not think her sisters thought any less of her because she did not share their peculiar power, but she still had not forgotten Kali?s illusion, that taunting voice, the nagging doubt.

So it was with something like guilty relief that she brought her siblings back to the cockpit. It felt a little crowded, with all of them up there?all of them except Elora, at least, who still seemed to be hiding in her room (was she still angry at Bakara?), and Taka?s back-up singers (the Farghul himself had kindly offered to take the Brigade shuttle to Tython himself, so Bakara and Gallia could stay on board)?but Elisthia felt more at ease here anyway. Piloting provided distraction, plus it was something she understood, and knew how to do.

Elisthia hadn?t been sure what to expect, but Tython was a welcome sight, after gloomy Myrkr and violent Prakith?it actually reminded Elisthia of Alderaan. Taka led the Storyteller and the trailing Citadel to a large, well-kept estate. A thought had crossed her mind when Bagheera first mentioned Taka?s estate, and now, actually seeing it, the thought returned: if Taka had all this, what was he doing spending his time singing in cantinas on backwater worlds like Mindor?

She debated whether or not it would be polite to ask as she set the Storyteller on the grounds outside the estate and began to power down the ship.

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xan, Winged, (Sirak)

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Aboard the Reptila

Other then the chair, Susul had started to become more accustomed to his increase in size. During the course of the trip, the human had gotten out of his seat, walked around, performed exercises, everything and anything that he could think of in order to be more accustomed to his new body. While the idea of a cure could perhaps reverse this - and Susul was hoping so - he reminded himself that that was all it was; an idea.

During the course of the trip, he had also been on the alert for anymore voices or other hints that he might consider as mental degradation. So far, he hadn't heard or seen anything that might be considered as growing insanity.

At first he had been relieved upon seeing the planet that was their destination...until Malacoda enlightened him further about it.

We are going to have to disguise you when we set foot upon this planet...because this iz Togoria, homeworld of Shere Khan and his kind."

The Togorians, huh? The new executioners of the human race. Susul had yet to see them, having not been given any kind of picture while having missed their arrival on Kashyyyk. It seems that he'll be getting a good, first look at his new enemies now. A planet full of them for that matter.

"I don't suppose you have any weapons to go with this disguise?" Susul questioned, not liking the idea of being unarmed when they disembarked. "Or picked up any before we left?"

21. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: I just wanted to announce I am back from my traveling and will try to read through the story and post asap. Sorry for the delay.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Posting will be sporadic over the next four days.

Bakara
    Aboard the Storyteller

As the ship entered Tython, a smile twitched on Bakara's lips. He was looking at Mischa, unable to hold back the comment any longer.

"Armour, huh? And weapons, too - all grown up now!" He chuckled to himself. "Did you get any training? Self-defense, that sort of thing?"

He had a feeling she hadn't. Then that's your job. Protect them and show them how to protect themselves. A good plan. And take off the stupid helmet. He couldn't do that; the scars... What about them? They saw what happened to you. Yes, but he'd been covered in blood. And the healing hadn't been pretty. After waking up on Bagheera's ship, he'd only been stabilized, only had the minimum of damage repaired. He'd learned later on, with Hathi, that had proper facilities been available, the scarring wouldn't have been so extensive. That had angered him for a time, but now...

Now you're just afraid of becoming a monster.

Tag: Xan, Anne, Nick, Sirak, Winged

23. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Sirak tells me she is back by next week. I got that post of her . . .

Elora
    Storyteller

Finally, she felt it. Tython. Felt the lines intervening there, felt the journey come to an end. Smiling she opened her eyes and saw the four objects she had lifted into the air with the power of her mind alone slowly lower themselves until they lay down on the ground. She could have smashed them or turned or anything she anted to, not because she mastered them. But because the matter and her were connected. By the force. Deeply connected.

Elora stood up. Soon they would arrive and she wanted to be the first to leave the ships. To protect these people from any possible danger. Might it come from Tyxthon, or from their newest passengers. She left her room and slowly approached the group from behind. Bare-footed she harldy made a sound. Not wearing any armour or unnecessary clothing. Only her blade on the back and daggers and blasters at her belt. "Bakara, Gallia." she interrupted them and leaned against the wall. Folding her arms she smiled. Bakara was wearing a helmet now. It was almost too fitting. "Long time. No see." She then answered, making no gesture to embrace them.

The curse of the force is, you were connected. And she had yet too learn how to sever or dim this connection. For now she saw what they were as much as they could see what she had become. If they ever would have listened.

Tag: Peng, Nick, Xany, Anne

[b]Cato[/b]
    [i]Criton´s Point[/i]

He descended to the platform he had come from. He would return. and burn this place down. He would rip it apart stone by stone. For fun. For revenge. To see it burn. His new state of being had returned his passion for murder. It had brought his a new purpose. What purpose that was he did not know. but he was no longer a part of a dying race. He was the first of a new one. The Rakatans were hiding, back away as he approached his ship and climbed into it. "avergus?" he asked. But did not bother. He had the feeling the spririt would find him in time. Sitting down, Cato began to program the navigation computer. Myrkr it would be. To look for Nergal. And his legacy. just because there seemed nothing else to do, but gain power. Until the time had come to use.
    [b]

Tag: Winged, Mitth[/b]

24. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Storyteller, Tython

"Er." Mischa grinned sheepishly, twisting around in her seat to face Bakara. She had taken the copilot's seat again, though more out of habit and curiosity than any real illusions regarding her piloting ability. "None whatsoever, I'd never even worn this before now. It's pretty neat, though, isn't it?"

Her grin faded into a thoughtful frown when she Saw Elora approaching. Come to think of it, Elora hadn't been present at the airlock - Mischa had been too excited to see Bakara and Gallia again to give much thought to her absence, but evidently it had been deliberate, and evidently there was still a distance there that Mischa couldn't fathom. Was it what had happened on Prakith? Mischa hoped not.

Still, Elora was smiling. That counted for something...

TAG: Anne, Sirak, Peng, Nick, Wing

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Vic, Son of Hades
    Bunker, Hoth

It was noticeably darker when you were in between two large Togorians, Vic noted as they made their way down the corridor. Still, considering that any incoming threats would have to pass through one of them before it reached him, and considering that his warm clothing made him feel rather like he was waddling through some type of fluffy morass, he supposed that this arrangement was preferable to one in which he could see better.

At about this time, he heard it.

... And to be honest, he wasn't entirely sure what it was. It sounded a bit like some kind of childish rhyming game, only in exactly the sort of pitch that would have made the Old Vic grind his teeth. The New Vic was no less annoyed, but his expression, as always, betrayed none of it. He felt a queer sort of pride at that accomplishment of self-discipline.

The wretched sing-song rhyme, it seemed, was coming from a figure who was dancing about three motionless figures who were, in turn, manning a central command desk. Clearly, they had stumbled across some sort of control room - but judging by the way the controllers were acting, Vic wasn't entirely sure this was a positive development. Nonetheless, Arinna looked to him for guidance. "It seems we've found precisely what we set out to discover," the man cub observed, his voice a whisper, as he turned to the Togorians. "We will approach them, but with caution. If all goes well, we should be able to avoid any unnecessary conflict. If not... well, we came armed for a reason."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.