1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC:

Peng, experiments are good things. A creative, concise and appropriate post. I like.

I'm going to wait for Reynar before updating again, because we've been moving quite fast and I want everyone to have a chance to catch up.

This is a good opportunity to gather your opinions on something.

I noticed in Hoopers earlier that Man Cubs was the topic of conversation, which I always like to see. Like Xany, though, I felt somewhat guilty that the social thread is being hijacked for that purpose. I also agreed with Hamm's comment that RP is at heart a social experience (this, IMHO, is what elevates us above FanFic) and that perhaps we should be allowed more discussion within the actual game thread. But BobaMatt was also correct to point out that if we were to allow too much OOCing and OOGing, then games would become unnecessarily cluttered.

Now, I could create a discussion/planning/comments thread in the Resource Forum as suggested. My concern is that our player base is too small to justify one. So I'd like to briefly hear your opinions and, if you wish, a vote for one of these options:

a) continue as we are, and restrict discussion to Hoopers/rpfchat
    b) relax the No OOCs/OOGs rule to allow more discussion within this thread
    c) create a separate discussion thread in the RPR/>
  2. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I say the level of interaction involved in this venture, is enough to merit us our own thread for discussion.
  3. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'd like to get a RPR thread, if we can get one. Our player base is a bit small, but we've got some others following around too (Matt, for example) which should help justify it.

Otherwise ... eeh ... I'm not sure actually. On one hand I'd rather keep on talking about it in rpfchat/Hoopers, because I do think it'll get awfully crowded in here if we allow more OOC/OOGs. On the other, if we allow OOC/OOGs here it'll be like a running commentary which would be pretty cool too.
  4. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I already PMed Winged, but I can say it once more in the open. OOC/OOG is easily becoming too much. And with the vivid discussions we had recently, I think an own thread would be good!
  5. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I know I'm contradicting my earlier opinion, but BobaMatt was entirely right in saying that we would lose some exposure by moving from Hooper's/here to our own separate social thread.

Just for the record.
  6. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    OOC: While I do agree with Hammur's assessment of the situation, I think it's only fair that we create our own social thread. Not everyone in Hooper's cares about what we're doing, and it's wrong to derail any conversations they may be having. Also, if we open the thread to public comments, we may just get ourselves a nice fan club, which is something I already consider myself a part of in any case.

Ergo, my vote is for option C.
  7. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Ecko
    Within the Jungle, Alderaan
    Throughout the course of life, one will discover, without much effort, that the laws of nature rarely abide by the laws of man. The events that had transpired on this fateful night in the jungles of Alderaan, amidst the gray clouds in the night sky that shielded the gleaming moon above, and the howling cries of war... such things, according to the morals of a sane man, should not be witnessed by a young boy just entering his eleventh year of life. Naturally, the laws of nature follow not such a code, and thus Ecko's eyes had seen such horror.

He closed his eyes, squinted them as tight as he possibly could until there was nothing. No sights. No sounds. Minutes had passed before he mustered the courage to relax his eyes, to let them wander open and allow the war torn scenery to pour in like a cascading waterfall of evil.

He saw blood. He saw what was left of Bakara. He saw tears, and he saw sadness. He felt tears, and he felt sadness. He needn't see the scars displayed on his oldest brother. He wouldn't allow himself the pain. Instead, he wandered through the leaves slowly, passing gathered cubs... until he reached Vic.

And he grabbed his hand softly. And he stood next to him. And he hung his head, and he cried.

Tag: Ramza, Winged
  8. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    IC: Vic, Son of Hades

"Of course I tried, Sara, but... Bakara still... he's still..." He took another bite, his expression seemingly both aloof and regretful. He should have reacted sooner, quicker, turned when the first sounds of approaching danger had come, but he hadn't... he had just...

This stupid fruit!

He shook the dripping, pulpy rind that had been his muja fruit from his hand, the red-orange juices trickling from his fingers. He found something about that disturbing.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sensation of his hand being grasped by another smaller one. Ecko's. And he was crying.

"Hey, now," Vic said calmly. Ecko couldn't hear, but it was more instinct than anything else. He had to be the big brother right now. He squeezed the boy's hand as he bent over to look him in the face. He smiled as relaxedly as he could manage. "It'll be alright, you big dummy. It'll be alright..."

TAG: Hammurabi, Reynar, et al/>
  9. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Thanks for your thoughts. I'm currently discussing the merits of an RPR thread with IH and Saint. I'll keep you posted.

The Southern Fields, Alderaan

Raksha led the group in their flight out of the forbidding jungle depths, and onto the wide open fields, bathed in brilliant moonlight. They could hear the Togorians in the distance, still some way behind, but undoubtedly in hot pursuit.

Gallia ran alongside the huntresses, her face set with a strange grimness that had not been there before. Sara and Vic were next, with the weeping Ecko hurrying to keep up. Elora shepherded the cubs at the rear, along with Mischa and Elisthia. Bakara remained in his mother's arms, slipping in and out of consciousness. Blood still oozed freely from what remained of his face.

They were each and every one of them in shock, a more profound, gut-wrenching shock than they had ever known before. Much pain had already been suffered, and no doubt much pain was yet to come.

Roaring and snarling carried to them on the wind.

But for a moment, the wolves and cubs experienced a surge of happiness and joy and relief. They had reached the vast expanse of the southern fields, and they might have still run for days before finding help...but straight ahead of them, not one hundred yards away, sat a familiar, battered old black freighter. The Panther Centurion was its name.

The captain stood waiting at the loading ramp, light spilling across his feline features, the wind ruffling his long fur. His expression was one of concern and grim determination, but also carried the same warmth that the man cubs had always known.

It was Bagheera.

Tag: all

/>
  10. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon

The sense of unreality had not lifted.

Mischa walked along as if in a dream. Mother was carrying Bakara, already too far ahead already to be anything but a silhouette in the distance. Elora was stumbling slightly, one hand clenched around the stone; she was muttering something to herself, and Mischa wondered if she knew what she was saying at all. Vic ... Vic and Sara were talking, and he was holding Ecko's hand, bending over him with a strained smile on his face. It was the first time Mischa had seen him comfort anyone. She wished she didn't know why: now Vic had to be the strong one ...

She looked away and started running again. The Togorians were still coming, and besides, if she ran fast enough maybe she wouldn't have to feel ... whatever it was she felt.

They reached the southern fields at last. And there Mischa caught sight of a familiar, battered old freighter with an equally familiar feline figure standing in front of it, and her heart leapt. Mischa always loved it when the old Cathar visited; he was always full of stories, and now he had come to help them when they needed it the most. "Bagheera!" she called, running forward to greet him, a relieved grin on her face.

TAG: Wing, all
  11. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Southern Fields, Alderaan

She was beyond fear. Only a deaf feeling to her body carrying itself through the jungle. Her eyes wandered around aimlessly and her hands pushed the cubs forward, whenever one was in danger to get lost. Her body was reacting. But fear was no longer in her. Looking back she felt them. She smelled them. Their presence pouring through the jungle like bloody rain. Togorians. And flashes of Bakara´s face appeared before her eyes. Or what had remained of it.

She watched her frightened sisters and daughters. Frightened, all except Gallia. Gallia who had denied responsibility. She had no bitter feelings about it. She was the better fighter, but Gallia would not forgive herself. She was difficult when it came to forgiveness.

As they arrived on the Southern Fields, the old battered freighter, the Panthera Centurion, waiting for them on the plain, she sighed but was shocked she felt no relieve. Mischa ran towards Bagheera and the other would beyond any doubt be delighted to see their old friend. But she was still numb. Calm and empty.

"Let´s go inside. LET´s ALL GO TO BAGHEERA!" She shouted to the small cubs she was guarding, trying to make sure none got lost. While her mother was carrying her brother and the other huntress guarding the perimeter it was her responsibility to take care of them. She realized it. And felt strangely calm about it. "GO! GO! Small ones, just get over there, will you?" She nodded to Bagheera from a distance, all she could manage to do. Avoiding eye contact.
    "Vic, Ecko, will you help me get these to the freighter?" She asked to her two brothers, while trying to control the small horde of children around her. She had tried to sound . . . emotional, but realized herself her voice was hollow. "Please?"

Tag: Reynar, ramza, Winged, others

EDIT: Read Winged´s comment beneath and cut out all "insides" I had used :D Elora-Post: The Special Edition
  12. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Just a little note, don't actually get on the ship yet. I want you to advance till you reach the loading ramp...and then I'll update. ;)

I've also heard from IH and Saint. We've considered the various pros and cons, and the decision is option a). We're going to keep things as they are.

We simply don't have the player base to justify an RPR thread of our own. We have a lot of interest just now, but what game doesn't when it starts out? It is a slippery slope, and we don't want to end up with a companion OOC thread for every game on the boards.

Any Man Cubs discussion can continue to go in the social threads. This was my main concern, but the mods are of the opinion that it is not harmful to the community, and I am happy to defer to their judgment on this. Keep in mind that if you ever do feel you're derailing Hoopers, Jocasta's could always do with a boost.

In addition, I'm going to relax the No OOCs rule a little in this thread. I've never been that strict on them anyway (apart from before sheets have been submitted). Don't have full blown conversations, but feel free to add comments on the game whenever you like. A 'running commentary', as Xan put it, is not actually a bad idea.

Wing/>
  13. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Gallia Tern

Gallia followed Raksha and the huntresses quietly. They ran with dutiful focus, at a quick, consistent pace. Gallia made sure to follow on her mother?s right side, to avoid seeing Bakara?s face. The image already haunted her; covered the black of her eyelids, when she blinked. Under normal circumstances, Gallia wouldn?t have ran so hard, but this was not that.

Gallia was afraid of her own guilt, and pushing herself to maintain her mother?s pace kept her mind off the fact that it was truly her fault, that Bakara wasn?t walking beside her now. She hadn?t acted, when she should?ve. She hadn?t thrown herself into the fight. Gallia had never been a fighter, but her cowardice was sickening. Bile was rising to her throat. She recited, Breathe in, Breathe out. She counted her steps; she identified the plants at her feet.

Anything to stop her mind from wandering back to her ruined brother. Anything to keep her mind of the remains of his once kind, handsome face. So determined, was Gallia, to avoid thought, that she almost didn?t notice that the congregation of female wolves had frozen. She stopped inches shy of her mother?s right shoulder.

Gallia stepped right, and saw what had stalled her mother. A hundred yards away, over up on a rise, perched the Centurion Panther, a weathered freighter under the command of Bagheera the Cathar. This development was certainly a relief, but it brought no warmth to Gallia?s heart. It was a momentary shift in the fates, never to be heralded as either good or bad news.

Gallia shrugged the cub she had kept, from her breast, to her back. She walked at her mother?s side, still, towards the Freighter. She acknowledged Bagheera with a nod, and then took to examining the brush of the Southern Plains, searching her memory for a name.

Tag: Winged, Man Cubs
  14. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes

Not much further, Elisthia told herself, as she, with her sisters Elora and Mischa, shepherded a group of cubs towards the fields. She didn?t know exactly how long they?d been running, and it felt as though it was a lifetime ago that she and her mother and sisters had been at the den, preparing for dinner while they waited for Father and the boys to get back?

A snarling roar somewhere behind her made her turn to look over her shoulder. The Togorians were in the jungle, which could only mean there were none left at the village to hold them back. A shiver ran through her as she returned her attention to the path ahead.

What greeted her as she faced forward again was a most welcome sight?the Southern Fields. They had safely made it out of the jungle, and here in the open, it was easier to see what was coming towards them. And an even greater relief than that: not one hundred yards away sat a familiar black freighter; the Panther Centurion, owned by their family friend, Bagheera, who was sitting on the loading ramp. Mischa called out to the Cathar as she rushed ahead to greet him. Nearby, Elora had seen the ship and Bagheera as well, and was urging the younger wolf cubs along, enlisting Vic and Ecko?s help. Gently prodding some of the cubs along in front of her, Elisthia followed Mischa towards the ship. ?Hello, Bagheera,? she offered kindly as she came near. Any other time, she would have smiled, but given their current predicament, coupled with her lingering guilt and worry over Bakara, she couldn?t quite find it in herself to do so.

Tag: Winged, anyone
  15. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    OOC: I'm going to try to continue the stream-of-consciousness thing - as always, criticism is appreciated...

Bakara, Child of Hephaestus

the scent of burnt metal black with use

a dark figure silhouetted

Bagheera

he knew this one

was safe

the fire in the flesh was now embers

whisperings

HIS FACE WAS GONE

ignore it for now

it would pass with time

"put the fire out"

his face was gone

put a mask on!

sobs became laughter became sobs once more

open your eyes Bakara and see

"I don't want to"

eyelids fluttering like butterfly wings

the storm had passed

there she stood made of white light

"mother"

your face is gone

"please help me"

Bagheera will help.

Bagheera will help.

Tag: Winged, fellow man cubs
  16. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'll run with that, Peng, if you don't mind... :D

Mischa ran up to Bagheera and threw her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. "You're here," she said, her voice muffled. Bagheera - the old Cathar had been a friend of the Man Cubs for as long as she could remember. He had been the one to find them and bring them to the Pack, or so the story went, and every so often he came back to see how they were doing.

And how they were doing now was ... not so good.

She withdrew, sniffling a little still, and swiped at her nose with the back of her hand. And then, because there was nothing else to do, she looked back at the others. Elora was chivvying the little ones into the freighter, and Elisthia had come up as well to greet Bagheera ... but Mischa's attention was drawn to Bakara, lying so limp and still in Mother's arms. The flow of blood had staunched somewhat, but his face ... his face was a mess ...

But her brother was still alive.
    That was the main thing.
    Bakara's eyelids flickered. Against the odds, he was still awake. Mischa swallowed. Alive, and awake, and in pain: she could feel his pain like a living thing, a fire burning in his face and chest. His lips moved, whispering something; Mischa couldn't tell what. A plea, a prayer? Maybe Ecko would know.
    She wished she could take his pain away.

She tore her gaze off and looked back up at Bagheera. "Help him," Mischa whispered. She was shaking with fatigue and fear and adrenaline; she crossed her arms, tight around herself, and tried to stop. "You can help him, can't you, Bagheera?"

TAG: Wing, Peng, etc
  17. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Southern Fields

She still tried to take care all wolfcubs went to the ship, as she saw the others crowd around Bagheera. Hope was in them, suddenly. An escape was possible.

The hope of the hunted. to escape and life another day.

When she felt the cubs were all assembled and on the way to the Panthera Centurion she turned a last time to the burning village on the horizon. Her home burned. Her brother was suffering. Would never be the same again. And she just stood there and felt . . . calm. Something told her it could not have happened any other way. It had to be this. The death and the fate to be a fugitive of a mighty despot. The warriors charging through the jungle the moment they stood there and felt hope again.

It somehow made sense. In a way she could not yet understand.

"Go, small ones, go to Bagheera,"
    she told the last Cubs and sighed to herself.

Suddenly desperation was gone. Her eyes fell on Bakara. He would life. They all would. And whatever dark they faced now, they would survive to see another dawn.

Tag: Winged, others still
  18. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6

Nearly as soon as it registered with Vic that this was Bagheera, here, standing in front of them, that he found himself being enlisted to help herd the cubs like some kind of... Well, older, taller cub. Such was pack life. He glanced over and gave Ecko a gesture to lend him a hand.

What struck Vic almost immediately was how nonchalantly Bagheera was standing there. As if there somehow weren't ships and fire and... death... closing in on them. As if Bakara wasn't... wasn't...

He didn't even want to think about it. It seemed so far off, so surreal, and yet, there, in his mother's arms...

He continued ushering the children along. "Go to Bagheera, like Elora says. Move it, kiddos."

TAG: Reynar et al/>
  19. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    The end of Chapter One is fast approaching.

The group hurried towards the Panther Centurion, and Bagheera rushed forth. He greeted them with the briefest embraces, his worried eyes darting from face to face. It was only when Mischa pleaded with him to help her brother that he took a second glance at Bakara, still clutched in Raksha's arms.

"Man cub..." breathed Bagheera, his eyes widening as he examined the bloodied and disfigured boy. Carefully and delicately, he eased the child from his mother's arms and into his own.

"Please help him," whispered Raksha.

"I will heal what I can," promised the Cathar, cradling Bakara as if he were an infant. "He will live, that much is certain. Now, we must hurry on boar-"

A roar, a mighty roar.

In the distance, storming out of the jungle, flanked by two hulking soldiers, came the Tyrant of the galaxy. His fur was coloured a brilliant orange. His eyes burned with feral fire. His long fangs gleamed in the moonlight. Each of his arms were as large as a grown wolf, and he moved faster than an arrow. He easily outpaced his own warrior escort, racing towards the ship with such furious speed that the ground began to quake.

His name was Shere Khan, and he was coming to devour his enemy.

The littlest wolf cubs were herded rapidly up the narrow loading ramp, while the huntresses shepherded any remaining stragglers towards the ship. But at the pace the King of the Galaxy was gaining, they would not all be on board by the time he caught up.

"I will stall him," spoke Raksha, and there was no time for protest. Her eyes locked momentarily with each of her children, the man children, and her gaze lingered especially on the broken form of Bakara. "I love you all," she said.

And she charged to meet Shere Khan.

/>
  20. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Gallia Tern

Gallia was facing towards the Panther Centurion when she heard Shere Khan?s roar. It was louder than any sound she had ever encountered; it caused her to tremble and shake. Gallia turned slowly, back towards her home, engulfed in demonic flames, to see a tyrant stalk from the forest. He was the perfect predator; hulking and great. You could see his anger, and from a thousand or so yards away, even the fire in his eyes was visible. The fire that he had destroyed Gallia?s home with.

Gee felt her mother step forward. Her fur ruffled, leaving Gallia with the beautiful scent of a warrior on her nose. Gallia could feel the pain on her mother?s tongue, before she even spoke her words. ?I will stall him.? Gallia closed her eyes, to the suffering. She shut her mind, to her mother?s parting remarks. Gee did not want to hear that Raksha had loved her. It would be worse, if she did. Gallia turned away, savoring her mother?s aroma; her spirit.

Gallia refused to look back. She couldn?t visualize her mother?s charge, knowing that it would be her last. Gallia opened her eyes to Bagheera. She whispered, ?Get Bakara on board.? She looked to her siblings, and said, ?There?s no way to save Raksha. You mustn?t squander her sacrifice.? Gallia let her gaze turn skyward, and she murmered, to herself, ?The strong survive, mother, and you shall, as well. Your children will always remember your immolation.?

Tag: Man Cubs
  21. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    The Southern Fields

the light was fading

an ember glowing with the last traces of the flame

then nothing

Bakara's eyes snapped open as a spasm wracked his body. The flow of blood had slowed, and his mouth gaped in a silent scream as gash on his torso burned with pain. Simply closing his mouth hurt, and he shuddered in pain again. Who was holding him? He couldn't tell; when had someone even picked him up? As shock set in, the pain lessened, and his breathing steadied. He was being held by a dark being - Bagheera? Questions filled his mind, but he couldn't find his voice. He felt hoarse.

Commotion and movement caught the corner of his eye, and he turned to look. Raksha was running out to meet something - the roar came again, and he felt cold and clammy. Shere Khan, he thought, as blood dripped into his eyes. With a hoarse cry, he slipped back into delirium.

a face in the darkness

scarred

you'll live yet, boy

this one's face was gone

remember what they did to you

I will

vengeance, boy

I swear it

Tag: Winged, others/>/>
  22. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

star 4
    IC:Elisthia, Child of Hermes

Bagheera?s assurances that Bakara would live further added to Elisthia?s sense of relief, but the feeling was dashed in an instant, when that same deafening roar again tore through the night air, closer now than ever. A moment later, a mammoth Togorian, flanked by two others, burst out of the jungle, his eyes ablaze with fury. Shere Khan.

Elisthia could not recall an occasion in her life when she had been more frightened than she was now, but she kept calm as she quickly ushered a group of younger wolves onto Bagheera?s ship. But there was no way?at the rate Shere Khan was gaining on them?they couldn?t all get on board in time?

"I will stall him," spoke Raksha. Elisthia froze; she wanted to protest, to beg her mother not to do this?hadn?t they lost enough tonight? But Raksha did not give her the chance. Briefly, the huntress looked to each of her children. "I love you all," she said, before she turned and charged towards Shere Khan.

Gallia said something, but Elisthia didn?t hear her. Turning towards the ship, she looked away, wishing that if she didn?t see it, then it wouldn?t be real. She couldn?t watch. She wouldn?t watch. Even without witnessing her mother?s death, she had more than enough memories of this night to haunt her for a very long time.

Tag: Winged, all
  23. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6

Vic nearly froze in horror, a terrible sensation of dread running through the length of his spine. This was Shere Khan, the most dreaded being in the known galaxy. And he was here, right here. His pace picked up rapidly, ushering the younger cubs up the ramp with renewed haste, also nudging Ecko along. "Go! Move it, tykes! Show's over!" he barked, forcing the frightened cubs to continue moving up the ramp despite their immediate instincts.

Once the remaining cubs were up the ramp, Vic turned back to see just what was going on.

During later recounts, he would still be unable to describe the horrible mix of feelings he experienced at this precise moment.

His first instinct was to charge forward, to help Raksha, to help his mother. But that wasn't what she would've wanted.

"Mom..." he managed, his cheeks growing warm and damp. Gee was taking it in stride, it seemed, but that wasn't the kind of attitude Vic really wanted, or needed, to hear right now. "Shut up, sis. Just... shut up." he whispered, for once his courage to speak his mind had dissipated.

And Vic promised himself that he would personally squeeze the life out of Shere Khan's throat one day.

TAG: Reynar, Nick, et al/>
  24. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Mischa froze, her mind flashing back to earlier, when the Togorian had attacked. Not the attack on Bakara itself - but after that, when it had leapt at her and her mother had intercepted it in midair, saving her. It was happening again. Only this time, it was Shere Khan she was intercepting, and Shere Khan would not be so easily defeated. Mischa stared, transfixed, as the tyrant raced forward, and she realised he was easily twice Raksha's size or more ...

"No!" Mischa blurted, horrified. She made a useless grab for her mother, but Raksha was already turning to charge Shere Khan. "No - Mom -"

Gallia was saying something about sacrifice, but Mischa ignored her. All she could think of was that her mother was going to throw herself in front of them, again, and this time she wouldn't come back -
    And Mischa couldn't imagine a world without Raksha in it. Could not. It was inconceivable.
    She dashed after her mother. Useless, useless: Raksha could run much faster than her youngest daughter. But Mischa had to try. "Mom!!"

TAG: Wing, cubs
  25. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I'll give time for everyone to catch up after this update. It's a very important one.

Raksha charged towards the Tyrant.

But Shere Khan was not like the warrior she had so easily slain before. He did not flinch under her attack. He did not even alter his path to avoid her. He simply continued on, and when Raksha arrived, he met her with a lightning flurry of tooth and claw. Her counterattacks had the power to overwhelm an Acklay and the speed to surprise a Nexu, but Shere Khan was not overpowered, and he was not surprised. He was no mere child of the Jungle. He was King.

Raksha's efforts were rebuffed with brutal, merciless ease. With one mighty blow to the head, the Shistavanen huntress was sent flying, lapsing into unconsciousness before she even hit the ground. Khan did not spare her a second glance.

And then, desperately trying to reach her mother, and finding herself suddenly caught too far away from the ship...was Mischa.

Shere Khan reached the little girl in half a second. He let her smell the blood on his breath. Glimpse the wolf flesh that hung from his talons. He towered over her, and perhaps a flicker of amusement passed across his face at the stature of his great nemesis. He picked her up with one paw, and held her aloft. He watched her struggle.

He roared with fangs bared and fire in his face, and his gaze fell upon the other man cubs. They were stood in the distance, watching helplessly from the ship, illuminated in the light that spilled down the boarding ramp.

Man and Beast locked eyes. It seemed like a very long time.

"This is my galaxy," said Shere Khan at last.

And then he snapped Mischa's neck like a twig, killing her instantly.

/>
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.