main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Man Cubs

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Elora, Daughter of Ares
    Panthera Centurion, Mindor

"Say your goodbyes to the women and children," Their Captain said. "Then follow me."

She managed to get one of the taller robes. Still not exactly what she had hoped for. She dressed then went over to the Wolfcubs. A nod to the huntresses would have to do, but she wanted to say goodbye to the smaller ones. "Hey little ones, everything will be alright. No more nasty Elora, teasing you." She grinned and playfully teased them. She wondered where the one was she had carried. She did not see it. But probably it had missed the whole departure thing.

She embraced a few of them. Kissing her favourites goodbye and finally turned to the exit. Looking at Bakara, who had just found his way back into the family. Thinking about herself, she drew her clothes around her and stepped down the ramp. She would be divided from her borthers and sisters, soon. She had wanted to protect Bakara, but had eventually realized it was not the way things worked. She had to trust this all had a purpose. And if so, it was decided what would happen next. And she would have to accept it and wait for her moment to do the right thing. To change destiny, if it needed be.

"Lead us, we´ll follow."
    She said and turned her head in the last second, pretending it was Baaghera she had adressed. When she had meant it for a completely different, yet unknown, entity. For now she preferred to call him or her fate.

Tag: Winged-Jedi, cubs

2. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    OOC: I'm going to be away this weekend, and probably won't be able to get a post in earlier than Monday. Until then, feel free to string me along. I'm fairly confident in all of you here, so (as long as Sara doesn't do anything wildly out-of-character) feel free to do what you will with her.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vic, Son of Hades
    Mindor

Vic's mood had improved slightly now that he had gotten everything off of his chest. It was possible, after all, that Lis was right and it really wasn't all his fault.

Not that that changed the [i]plan[/i], of course, but it was slightly comforting. He had even managed to catch a sideways glance of his elder brother. It... wasn't pretty. Nonetheless, Vic didn't find the thought of wearing a robe particularly appealing... Especially since it had the rather annoying habit, he began to notice, of running up his arms and legs. Lowering the hood over his as-usual mussed-up hair, he was fairly certain that he looked patently absurd.

And then, of course, there was Ecko, who, being deaf ([color=indigo]"And oblivious. A rare combination,"[/color] Vic had once noted with a particular condescension which now had all but left him), had not known to put his hood up. So Vic, rather unceremoniously, stuck out his arm and put it up for the younger boy. He turned to Bakara. [color=indigo]"You ever wonder what he would do without us?"[/color] he asked, doing his best to make the fact that his eyes were averted a secret. [color=indigo]"About time you got up, by the way."[/color]

What he wanted to do was apologize profusely and hug his brother, but there would be no weakness. Never again.

At least, not in front of Bakara.

[b]TAG: Reynar, Peng et al[/b]

4. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Elisthia, Child of Hermes
    Mindor

Elisthia?s attention was abruptly drawn to the corridor, where Bagheera had just emerged from the cockpit, stumbling over the hem of the most ridiculous set of robes she?d ever seen on him?they might not have looked so bad, had they not been entirely too big for him. Elisthia didn?t laugh as Ecko did, amusing as the sight was, but she did raise a questioning eyebrow at the Cathar. ?This is part of the disguise,? he explained. ?You will wear these.? As he spoke, he distributed sets of plain brown robes to the man cubs.

Having been purchased from Jawas (tall Jawas, but Jawas nonetheless), the robes were too small for most of them. Only Ecko?s seemed to fit him properly. On Elisthia?s five-foot, five-inch frame, the robe only reached her knees, but the skirt of her dress covered the rest of her. Pulling the hood up over her head, she bid farewell to the women and children of the pack?many of whom she had known for as long as she could remember?and followed Bagheera and her brothers and sisters off the ship.

Tag: Winged, Man cubs

5. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Thanks for the heads-up Hamm.

[blockquote]
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCk7c45o8lE&feature=related][i]The Netherworld[/i][/link]

Mischa stood, and looked at Krasus again. "I guess I have to go then," she said. "Can we go to the Kaleidoscope first?"

"Very well," replied Krasus. "First we take your mother to the voids."

He strode off, with Mischa and Shanti in tow. The older woman could not take her eyes off her daughter as they moved through the valley, holding her hand tightly, as if afraid she would be separated from her amongst all the people.

They wound their way towards the northern side, and as they walked further, the crowds began to grow thinner and thinner. Eventually there was barely anyone left, except for a few individuals who seemed to be heading in the same direction as them.

Together they reached what appeared to be the exit to the valley. In the distance Mischa could see a vast, endless ocean, stretching so far into the distance that she might have imagined that it went on forever. A thick grey mist crept over the surface of the water, fogging out the horizon in cloud and smoke.

Standing at the water's edge, the waves lapping at their feet, were two old men. They stood facing each other in silence, like statues. They were completely identical in appearance, and yet somehow they [i]felt[/i] different to Mischa. One of them seemed friendly, warm and approachable. The other seemed to have something powerfully [i]wrong[/i] about him. Perhaps it was the gleam in his eyes, the slight smirk upon his lips, or the slightly overlong nails on his fingers...but there was no mistaking that he had a highly unsettling presence.

Therefore it was a relief when the friendly old man was the one to turn his head and greet the approaching trio.

"Hello Shanti," he said softly, striding up to the woman and embracing her. "Shall we go?"

She nodded.

"Goodbye daughter," she said simply to Mischa, and turned away. She followed the old man to the water's edge- then they were walking into the water- then the waves were almost at their necks- then they were gone.

A minute passed, and the friendly old man returned, striding forth from the water, throwing Mischa a brief wink, and once again taking up a position opposite his sinister doppleganger.

"So it goes," said Krasus. "Your mother's soul enters Infinity."

[b]Tag: Xan[/b][/blockquote]

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Mischa, Child of Poseidon
    The Netherworld

"Goodbye," Mischa said softly, letting go of her mother's hand.

It was an oddly simple affair. Mischa had half-expected to see two glittering vortexes and stern guards at a gate, complete with uniforms and weapons and everything - but there were only two old men, one good and one bad, standing at the edge of a misty ocean. Mischa watched Shanti walk away into the water and thought, Today I have lost two mothers.

"So it goes," said Krasus. "Your mother's soul enters Infinity."

Mischa had turned to leave, but at that she looked up at her guide, curious despite everything. She had wondered before abut the necessity of two voids - nothing was nothing - but was that the difference? "So Infinity is the good one, and Chaos is bad?" she asked.

TAG: Wing

7. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    The Netherworld

"So Infinity is the good one, and Chaos is bad?" asked Mischa.

"Apparently so," replied Krasus with a smirk. "So they would say. But who knows. How can we ever know?"

He began to walk away, glancing briefly back at the old men.

"A rather simple affair, no?" he remarked, as if he had read Mischa's mind. "I prefer it that way. I never was one for theatrics."

He stalked away, one hand gripping the strange cylinder at his belt, and headed back into the valley. Again the pair of them wound silently through the busy crowd without seeming to be heading in any particular direction, until eventually Krasus stopped at a particular large indigo tent. He ducked inside, beckoning Mischa to follow him in.

At first glance, there appeared to be nothing inside except dust and dirt.

But then the young girl saw that, lying on the floor, was the head of an old droid. Its silver sheen had long since been chipped away, and it was rusted almost beyond recognition.

"Pick it up," said Krasus simply.

Tag: Xan

8. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Mindor

They trundled towards the town, a strange and oddly-dressed crew.

They didn't receive many curious looks, mostly because there was no one around to look at them. The town was a dusty, dirty place, largely empty except for a few beggars and some old Duros playing dice in the street. The buildings were either boarded up huts or deserted shops. The vaguely busy noise of a marketplace drifted to them from around the corner, but even that didn't seem very exciting.

"We are here," said Bagheera, quickly checking that Ecko had kept his hood on after Vic had yanked it up for him. The Cathar captain surveyed his charges with a look of concern on his face, no doubt worrying about how poorly disguised they were.

"It will have to do," he sighed eventually, and adjusted the velvet cap on his head. He gestured towards a rusty old tinpot of a building on a street corner. It had a sign bearing the words: THE KING'S MANE.

He led them inside, into a surprisingly large cantina. It was the first time any of children had been in one before. They had heard of them- Akula was known to visit one occasionally at Alderaan's spaceport, far from the jungle. But other than that little knowledge, this was a place beyond their realm of experience.

A fearsome Blood Carver stood tall behind the bar, casting a curious eye over at the newcomers. The man cubs had seen Blood Carvers from time to time back on Alderaan- hunting, feasting, killing. Never serving drinks.

The galaxy was a strange place, it seemed.

The cantina was far more lively than the rest of the town, and a large and exotic variety of beings were happily mingling, shouting, singing, drink and laughing together. The locals barely glanced at the bizarre 'Jawas' who had just arrived- no doubt they had seen stranger things when under the influence of alcohol. Bagheera ushered the man cubs towards a group of empty seats in the corner.

"Typical," he muttered. "Just typical of him. What kind of meeting place is this? Children, try and sit still. Wait here while I look for Baloo."

And he wandered off towards the bar.

Meanwhile, on the stage at the other side of the cantina, a handsome Farghul stepped up to the microphone. He was dressed in an orange jumpsuit with a black fur lining, and a long, white mark streaked over his left eye. He was accompanied by three attractive female Zabraks, all of whom were carrying various musical instruments.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" bellowed the barman, addressing his patrons. "Please welcome our house band- Scar and his Hyenas!"

Tag: Nick, Anne, Reynar, ramza, Hamm, Sirak, Peng

9. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Ahaha, Scar and his Hyenas! I love Lion King. :D

The Netherworld

Mischa followed her mysterious guide back into the valley. Again they wove their way through tents seemingly at random - Mischa had already begun to wonder how Krasus always seemed to know where they were going, because if he had been here long enough to know his way around, wouldn't he be losing his memory, and thus forgetting where everything was? Or were guides special somehow? It was an odd sort of conundrum, and one that she puzzled over until they arrived at a large indigo tent.

Krasus ducked inside, beckoning, and she followed. For a bemused moment, Mischa thought he'd gotten the tents mixed up - there was nothing inside - then her gaze fell upon an old, rusty droid head, lying unceremoniously on the ground, and she wondered.

"Pick it up," said Krasus simply.

Mischa glanced at him, dubious. It was practically a lump of rust. Droids weren't all that common on Alderaan, but she knew there was no way it was still a working piece of machinery. Still, this was the Netherworld, where her guide could knock people back without touching them; perhaps this wasn't really just an old a droid head, but ... something else.

She picked it up.

10. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Yeah, I adore the Lion King! I couldn't resist a cameo for Scar.

And now comes perhaps the strangest post in this game. As I said before Xan, I'm very glad you got the netherworld Fate, because you have a very rich RPing history to mine...

[blockquote][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWpwZf3jebw&fmt=18][i]The Kaleidoscope of Echoes[/i][/link]

[b]Mischa[/b] lifted the droid's head, and instantly felt the ground give way beneath her.

The tent melted away instantly. Krasus disintegrated into nothing. She suddenly found herself standing in an incredible place of blazing light and shifting colour- it was like witnessing the birth of a rainbow.

A thousand figures and shapes and scenes swam in front of her, too many to make sense of. She found her attention being drawn to one image after another, with rich and warm voices echoing in her ears. They were narrating stories, stories that she had never heard but that still seemed familiar to her. Stories of pasts, presents and futures.

A woman appeared in front of her, tall and wiry, batting away blasterfire with a strange blade, similar to the one Mischa had seen Krasus use...and she became aware of a voice, describing the woman's movements...

[color=deepskyblue][i]"A blaster bolt nicked her left thigh. Outraged, the Inquisitor gestured with a fist, summoning the Force again - the offending clone and a few unfortunates around him went flying somewhere. Raine didn't bother looking. It was taking all her focus to maintain her defensive screen. Her saber whirled, deflecting bolt after bolt - it was a slugging match now, their concentrated firepower against her sabre skills, and she had never been a master of Soresu.

Suddenly there came a shout from behind, accompanied by a hail of fire. Raine's troops, the clones she had commanded earlier against Serifa - she had entirely forgotten about them, or perhaps she had assumed they were either shooting her or among the dead in the square. But here they were - and they were giving her an out.

If she wanted it.

They would die to buy her this chance, just as the ones in front of her were doing for their leader."
    [/i][/color]

And Mischa's eyes turned away from the vision of the strange woman, and towards another scene, this one of a pink skinned warrior, getting to her feet in the corner of an enormous stone chamber...

[color=goldenrod][i]"The Sith leader was chanting loudly in a voice that made the hair on the back of Kara's neck rise. "Emperor of the Shade, descend from the Dark, honor sin-soaked contracts of kinship, lend your beast unto me!"

Kara scrambled to her feet, drawing upon the Force to steady her and brushing hair out of her eyes; her hand came back bloody. Great. Vic was bleeding too, she noticed, from a wound at his side - and was it just her imagination, or was the air darkening -?

No, it definitely was. A black mist was seeping into the arena - and whatever it was, if it had come at Sydney's behest, it couldn't be good. And she had agreed to this adventure - with another muttered curse, Kara drew her lightsaber and ignited it. Come then, she thought, striding into the arena to stand with her fellow Jedi Knights. Oblivion awaits." [/i][/color]

An attractive, elfish figure, shaking blood off a rapier...
    [color=forestgreen][i]
    "A textbook strike; the hobgoblin wouldn't be getting up anytime soon, not with the deep gash she'd carved deep into its neck and chest.

With no immediate threats and a wall between her and the minotaur, Corrath took a moment to look quickly around. She immediately saw that splitting the Company up into ranged and melee groups, however a good idea it had seemed at first, had backfired: across the courtyard, Najos and Celbrandir were fending off a pair of worgs by themselves. Corrath felt a flash of mingled guilt and fury; guilt because she had told them to take that position, so far away from the defensive line; fury because why were they still there? The goblin riders had been reduced to piles of ash on the ground, sure, but the worgs were still alive - why had they just sto

11. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Strange doesn't quite cover it. :p Like I said in Hoopers though, that update is made of awesome. :D All those old characters - talk about a walk down memory lane! It actually took me a while to catch on - I was scrolling down to the last post and was like ... wait ... there's colour ... and hey I remember writing that ... [face_laugh]

I like this Netherworld. I should kill my characters more often. :D :D

The Kaleidoscope of Echoes

Mischa lifted the droid head, and the world dissolved into a whirl of colour. Images swirled around her, too many to count - no, not just images. Stories. Each image was accompanied by a rich and warm voice describing what was happening - telling its story, just like the wolves did around the fire, a lifetime ago back in reality.

Her attention was drawn to one figure after another. There was a woman, tall and wiry and wearing an unfamiliar reddish uniform, wielding a blade similar to the one Mischa saw in Krasus' hand earlier. Then another - a pink-skinned warrior, in different garb and time and place, but the same glowing weapon. Another, this time a small elfish figure shaking blood off a rapier. She shouted to her companions - then another image crossed in front, an image of a sinister man that reminded Mischa of the old man in the water, the one representing Chaos. Another: a young man and woman, facing off against their teacher - again the glowing sword - more and more, glimpses of names and faces and people, stories from throughout the ages. Mischa had never met any of them, but she knew them all the same, because she heard their stories.

Then suddenly, an image surfaced of someone she did know. It was Krasus, but here he was perhaps Bakara's age or a little older. He had just been inducted into the Sith Order (Sith: the word was familiar, from one of the stories earlier - the one like Chaos -) and a black-skinned humanoid handed him a test paper...

And then in the distance, a star glimmered and a flower bloomed. Mischa wanted to swim out towards them - but which one? She knew, on some instinctive level, that she would only be able to get to one. She would have to decide.

Ecko would have picked the flower. Her little brother was kind and loving, and he loved life; he would have gone for the living thing. Gallia and Elora would have probably competed to see who could reach the star first. Vic ... Mischa didn't know what Vic would choose. She thought Sara might pick the flower, as would Elisthia. Bakara would pick the star.

Which would Mischa choose? Star or flower?

The flower was alive. It was ... life. Mischa wanted very much to return to life... but flowers had never interested her very much. What she had liked to do was sit outside and look at the stars, and think about visiting them someday when she was older - because stars were different. Stars were light, and energy, and limitless possibilities: there were so many of them out there, so many worlds and dreams, and things to see and do.

That was what she wanted - to see the galaxy. Visit the stars, see how everything worked, what made them tick, how people lived ... she knew she'd never make it to everything, but a fair amount, maybe. Then Shere Khan had found them and she had ended up here.

Star, then.

Mischa reached for it ...

12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bakara, Child of Hephaestus
    []Mindor Cantina[/i]

He didn't like it here.

Despite overwhelming curiosity and an urge to demand straightforward answers from the Cathar, Bakara bit his tongue and resisted. He did not want to be the one to give them away, and he was certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone would give them away. This nagging thought tugged at his mind, warning him to run while he still could, but other thoughts pulled from him unexpected actions. He was the eldest son; Akula would've said to remain strong and stand tall, but Akula wasn't here anymore.

In all likelihood, he's dead, thought Bakara, hardly surprised at the darkness of it. So much had gone wrong already. What was one more notch on the tally?

All the while, though, throbbing at the back of his mind was the anger he'd felt earlier, the vow he'd sworn. Who was talking to me? It bothered him that he couldn't place the voice, despite the familiarity. Something was wrong with him aside from the physical.

Then Vic spoke up.

"You ever wonder what he'd do without us?" He was talking about Ecko. "About time you got up, by the way." Bakara's gaze met Vic's, and he looked his brother in the eye for a long moment. It was strange that his usual anger at Vic was so absent, but then he wondered that perhaps Vic wasn't himself either. It certainly feels that way, he thought, pausing for a moment at that. An awful lot of that lately.

"He'd survive, Vicious. He'd survive."

Tag: Ramza, Reynar, Winged

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Mindor Cantina

[color=indigo]"I suppose he would,"[/color] Vic replied, glancing around the cantina, soaking in the strange new sights and sounds. And yet for all its strange qualities... Vic felt oddly at home here. Perhaps it reminded him of the chaos of the open jungle. Perhaps it was just the rather appealing jar of Muja fruits, presumably used in some of the drinks in this place, sitting temptingly behind the counter. But maybe it was something else.

[color=indigo]"Still, I'd feel better if at least one of us was with him. Can't let the girls soften him up too much..."[/color] He stopped himself. Who was he kidding? Mischa had taken the cake when it came to bravery, he had just... stood there. And watched. [color=indigo]"Sorry, forget I said anything. ... Sorry."[/color] he muttered, turning his attention now to the band that was playing... well, Vic wouldn't grace it with the term music, but it had a pretty good beat. He found himself drumming his fingers in time.

Mischa... and Father... and Mother... It all seemed so far off now, and yet Vic knew, somewhere in the back of his head, that it really wasn't.

How odd.

[b]TAG: Peng, Reynar et al[/b]

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Didn´t exactly know what to do, so another little piece of Elora-introspective

Elora, Daughter of Hades
    Mindor Cantina

She had kept to herself. Which was, what she had these days. Her sisters had played together, her brothers had been as always. She had looked after her wounded brother. Her wounded brother who wasn´t needing her anymore.

She preferred it that way. Her thoughts were whirling, her ideas taking form. Things were changing. One could smell it in the air. One could feel it. At least she could. The robes, the planet, the Cantina, all of oit did not frighten or excite her as much as they should have. It was in a way as if she had been here, already. And only awaited her return.

"Typical," Bagheera muttered. "Just typical of him. What kind of meeting place is this? Children, try and sit still. Wait here while I look for Baloo."

"Sure." She only replied and watched him wander off towards the bar. There wasn´t enough space for all to sit, so she preferred to stand. She watched Bakara speak with Vic. He seemed to prefer their company. Boys among themselves. Girls would follow their example. Despite what had happened, they hadn´t changed as much as they thought.

"Ladies and gentlemen!"
    bellowed the barman, addressing his patrons. "Please welcome our house band- Scar and his Hyenas!" The Barman announced.

She didn´t bother to look. Somehow she expected to be dissappointed with the lack of surprise the band would give her.

"Strange." was the only thing she said. Whispered to herself and deeply in thoughts smiled. Something was happening indeed.

Tag: Winged, others

15. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Don't say that Xan, otherwise everyone'll want to get killed off :p And yeah, I figured that like myself, you can get nostalgic from time to time. It was a fun update to produce, I tell you.

I'm going to wait for more posts before updating again. For now, here's the 'soundtrack' to the first Chapter.

[u][b]Chapter One, in which there were many comings and goings, and the Beginning of Things to Come[/b][/u]

[link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-MWR4w0hM]Nightfall[/link]
    [link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=02CCTKaiDtk]The Valley of Graves[/link]
    [link=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_ICexNB8g]The Shistavanen Village[/link]
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LhT85HAr4]An Ill Wind[/link]
    [link=http://www.splicd.com/_WOWIH41W4c/40/235]Into the Jungle[/link]
    [link=http://splicd.com/HR5V2I1f2qc/125/237]Fight![/link]
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG22uVj2GLE]Shere Khan[/link]
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZC7bFj7E6E]Farewell, Alderaan[/link]

16. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Gallia Tern
    Cantina, Mindor

Gallia tried to stretch her arm around behind her back. The tiny robe was extremely irritating. Gallia was tempted to fling it off her shoulders, but for the sake of Bagheera, whom she respected, resisted the urge.

Gallia was quickly growing bored with the cantina scene. It was bustling, and chaotic, but it was also boring. And the anticipation of meeting this Baloo character, was making her impatient. Behind her, the barman announced that the house band was beginning to play, but Gallia wasn?t interested. She didn?t listen to much music.

Gallia spun around. She was growing hungry. She noticed a jar containing Vicious?s favorite snack. Gallia?s mouth watered, at the thought. She leaned towards Vic and said, ?Did you see that jar, over there?? She pointed at the Muja fruit.

Tag: Hamm, Peng, Winged

17. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: *shakes head* I laughed this morning when I saw the Lion King reference. :)

Mindor Cantina

Wordlessly, she followed Bagheera and her brothers and sisters through the dusty streets of town?as odd as she thought they looked, there weren?t many people around to see them. Even when they reached their destination?THE KING?S MANE, where much of the town?s population apparently gravitated to?a few people cast a glance their way at most, but never bothered with a closer look. Still, Elisthia yanked her hood as far forward as she could for good measure, and stayed close to her siblings as Bagheera led them to a relatively empty corner.

"Typical," the Cathar was muttering. "Just typical of him. What kind of meeting place is this? Children, try and sit still. Wait here while I look for Baloo."

Elisthia nodded, taking a seat with the others as Bagheera headed towards the bar. She still had some misgivings about Bagheera leaving them with this Baloo character?and the fact that he found it ?typical? of the Wookiee to arrange to meet them in a cantina did little to dispell such concerns.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" bellowed the barman, addressing his patrons. "Please welcome our house band?Scar and his Hyenas!"

She glanced towards the Farghul and the trio of Zabraks approaching the microphone, but wasn?t interested enough to pay them any more attention than that.

Tag: Winged, Man cubs

18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Ecko
    The King's Mane; Mindor
    Ecko looked around curiously. He'd never been in a place like this before. He saw people singing... and laughing together. And he saw the band led by a singer with a scar over his eye, and he thought about Bakara for a second. He glanced at his older brother, then turned back to the band. His legs were swinging back and forth above the ground, Ecko still not being able to touch the floor from the chair.

Feeling tired and thirsty, Ecko tapped Vic on the shoulder and made a drinking gesture, then shrugged.

Tag: Ramza, Man Cubs

19. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: By the way, as part of their Jungle education, the Man Cubs were taught how to speak or at least understand the languages of most alien races. They are all capable of understanding Shyriiwook. Apart from Ecko, of course. ;)

[blockquote][i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC17rUfjbng]The King's Mane Cantina, Mindor[/link][/i]

[b]Scar[/b] and his [b]Hyenas[/b] finished warming up on the stage, and launched into their first number. The lyrics were in a language that the Man Cubs didn't understand, but the song sounded vaguely sinister.

The cubs had gathered in the corner, and waited with varying degrees of discomfort. [b]Ecko[/b] asked his brother for a drink, and a few patrons at the neighbouring table chuckled at what appeared to be a thirsty little Jawa. [b]Gallia[/b] spotted a jar of muja fruit sitting on the bar, and pointed it out to [b]Vic[/b], as it was, of course, his very favourite fruit...

But suddenly the jar was shattered- a large Trandoshan had just landed directly on top of it.

Moments later another Trandoshan came flying through the air, this one soaring towards a group of Rodian patrons, landing on the table and smashing headfirst into their drinks.

And the band played on.

"I'll have no fighting in here!" bellowed the Blood Carver from behind the bar. The source of the trouble quickly became evident, as the crowd parted silently to reveal an enormous Wookiee at the entrance. He stood eight feet tall, and had to crouch slightly to enter the cantina. His fur was a silvery-grey, and he displayed a wide, fanged grin at the denizens of the bar. People scattered as he walked through.

"My apologies, barman," cried a voice. It was [b]Bagheera[/b], who was rushing over from the other side of the cantina. "My friend didn't mean any trouble. I'll pay for the damage."

[Now don't you go payin a credit there, Baggy] roared the Wookiee. [Let those stinkin lizards pay up...they started it]

"We'll teach you a lessson!" hissed one of the Trandoshans, getting to his feet and charging at the Wookiee, who promptly hurled him back into the air...and this time the slimy reptilian was sent flying directly into the group of Man Cubs, thudding straight into [b]Elora[/b] and knocking her off her feet.

"[b]Baloo[/b]!" yelled Bagheera.

[Sorry little lady] moaned the Wookiee, lumbering over to help.

[b]Tag: Sirak, ramza, Nick, Anne, Reynar, Peng, Hamm[/b]

[hr]

[i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEc1OTFaWnI]The Kaleidoscope of Echoes[/link][/i]

[b]Mischa[/b] swam towards the star. She had wanted to see the galaxy...and she saw it.

Before her eyes, terrible in its magnificence and overwhelming in its scale, she saw the entire galaxy. The sea of stars stretched out endlessly in all directions, and it was impossible to tell which had the been the one she had seen first.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/timetales/tt1-1/swgalaxy.jpg]

One by one, star by star, the lights went out.

Darkness crawled over every world, every system, every region. Eventually there was nothing left but a single, enormous figure. It drew up from the shadows, towering above the girl and glaring at her from behind alien eyes...

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/86/Rakata_kotor.jpg]

And the figure faded, only to be replaced by hooded and hunched creatures. They were conspiring and creating wicked things...

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/0d/Sithalchemy.jpg]

And she saw Alderaan, devastated and blackened, the lush jungle transformed into a forbidding, mountainous landscape, with thunder rolling overhead...

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/13/Malchorlandscape.jpg]

And she saw her parents dead, and Bagheera dead, and Akula and Hathi and Kaa and even Shere Khan himself, slain by some faceless evil.

And she saw her own brothers and sisters before her. She knew it was them, but she could not see their faces clearly. One of them reached a hand towards her. Another laughed long and cruelly, turning away. Another held a blade of light in their hands. A

20. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    The Kaleidoscope of Echoes

The galaxy unfolded before Mischa's eyes. It was huge, stretching out in a sea of stars as far as the eye could see, beautiful and terrible and awe-inspiring all at once.

The image shifted. The stars faded, light turned into dark, dark turned into a towering, menacing figure ... into hooded creatures hunched over something ... then it was Alderaan, but an Alderaan blackened and devastated, with thunder rolling overhead. Mischa stared with dismay at the ruin of her childhood home, but that image didn't last either. It soon turned to a procession of the dead - her parents, Akula, Bagheera, even Shere Khan, slain by some faceless evil.

And then her brothers and sisters ... but not as she remembered them. They were different, older, changed - was this the future? Was this what they would become? Mischa reached out towards them, but one by one they faded away until only a single figure remained. It moved towards her, morphing into a terrifying skeletal figure, and seized her. Her skull burned where its fingers touched her, and Mischa screamed -

She fell to the ground, landing roughly in the dust. The droid head clattered somewhere. Her throat felt raw.

"What did you see?" asked Krasus from the tent entrance.

Mischa had forgotten about him. "I -" She coughed, shook her head, and pushed herself off the ground. "A lot," she said softly. "I saw - I saw the whole galaxy. And then the stars went out, and turned into this huge alien figure, and then it became something else - Alderaan was ruined, and everyone died, even Shere Khan - and I saw my brothers and sisters. They looked different. One reached out to me, another just laughed and turned away. One was playing with fire, and another had this beam of light ..." Mischa trailed off, suddenly thoughtful. The beam of light again. But that wasn't all. "Then they faded away, and one turned into this - this thing - and it burned me -"

Her voice had been rising in remembered fear and panic. She swallowed and took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"And I saw you," she added suddenly. "Earlier. There were lots of images and people telling stories, and you were there." She looked up at him, curious and wondering and perhaps a little wary, the memory of Chaos still fresh in her mind. "Krasus, what's the Sith Order?"

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    OOC: My internet time might be very limited within´ the next days from Sunday on and it will obviously be divided between a few games, so please move Elora along if you have too. I´ll try to update anyway.

Elora, Daughter of Ares

Cantina, Mindor

The Trandoshean
    smashed into her so fast, she was simply wiped from her feet. Probably the strange sight of a wookiee had made her sloopy. [Sorry little Lady] the Wookiee said. But she had enough. Another thug trying to scare her and her family. She tensed her legs and kicked with all her strength into the Trandoshean. First with one leg to get him a little away from her, than with the second right onto his nose. That was where lizards were most sensitive. "Get off me!" She yelled at the thing and suddenly realized she felt . . . good.

Tag: Winged, others

22. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The King?s Mane Cantina, Mindor

The sound of glass breaking tore Elisthia out of her thoughts, drawing her attention to the bar, where a Trandoshan had just landed on?something breakable, obviously, she hadn?t seen exactly what. Another Trandoshan came flying across the room a moment later, and the barman began to get angry. ?I?ll have no fighting in here!? The crowd near the entrance parted to reveal the source of the commotion, a large grey Wookiee.

Surprisingly, Bagheera?s voice rang out. ?My apologies, barman. My friend didn?t mean any trouble. I?ll pay for the damage.?

His friend? Then that must be Baloo? Recalling her earlier concerns about being left with the Wookiee, she was now beginning to seriously wonder if those misgivings were justified. She?d always been taught that one should be at their very best upon meeting someone for the first time?a good first impression was key?but currently, she was hoping that the first impression Baloo was giving them was him at his worst.

[Now don?t you go payin a credit there, Baggy,] the Wookiee was telling Bagheera. [Let those stinkin lizards pay up?they started it.] The ?stinking lizards? in question did not take kindly to the remark, and one rushed at Baloo, who promptly threw him through the air?right into the corner where Elisthia and her brothers and sisters were waiting. The Trandoshan collided with Elora, who was knocked off her feet. Elisthia started to move to help Elora up, but Baloo was already on it?apologizing as he did so?and Elora seemed able to handle herself. Kicking the Trandoshan off of her, she shouted at him, ?Get off me!?

Elisthia winced, pulling at her hood and desperately hoping that Baloo and Elora had not just blown their cover?Bagheera had said that no one could know that they were humans, what would happen if they were exposed? ?Keep your voice down, Elora,? she whispered to her sister.

Tag: Sirak, others, Winged

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The King's Mane Cantina, Mindor

[color=indigo]"Oh, I noticed it alright. Too bad they're all behind the coun..."[/color] Vic's reply was interrupted by the sight of a Trandoshan careening onto the jar of muja fruit, shattering the glass and sending the fruit in every direction. Vic took the opportunity to grab one. [color=indigo]"I think I'm beginning to like it here..."[/color] he smirked, biting into his newfound snack. Still fresh.

Another trandoshan crashed into a table. Vic continued munching on his muja fruit, the music the band was playing slowly becoming more easy to appreciate. He found himself humming along, as it were.

That was when a ruckus began to break out as the bartender started yelling at a very tall wookiee who was with... [i]Bagheera[/i]. Presumably, then, this was Baloo. [color=indigo]"How very interesting..."[/color] Vic mused. Some of the juice from the fruit was beginning to dribble down his chin, and he went to wipe it off with his sleeve.

So he was a bit taken aback when a trandoshan crashed into his [i]sister[/i], who promptly cried out and started pushing the trandoshan off of herself. Vic just chuckled. Yes, he liked this place quite a bit. He casually raised his hand to try and get the attention of a waiter. After all, Ecko was apparently thirsty.

[b]TAG: Reynar, Winged et al[/b]

24. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Thanks for the notice, Sirak.

[blockquote]
    [i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtuIzDCU6Sk] The King's Mane Cantina, Mindor[/link][/i]

"Get off me!" [b]Elora[/b] yelled at the Trandoshan who had landed on top of her. The slimy alien was clearly still dazed, and he managed to grunt something before stumbling away from the girl.

?Keep your voice down, Elora,? whispered [b]Elisthia[/b] to her sister, desperate for them not to be uncovered. Already the eyes of most of the patrons had turned towards them. Even the Farghul on the stage had stopped singing, though the rest of the band continued to play.

[Hey kids] rumbled the enormous Wookiee named [b]Baloo[/b], bounding over. [How're ya?]

He casually lifted the nearest Man Cub- [b]Ecko[/b]- up into the air.

[Hey there little britches] he laughed, looking at the boy.

"Enough," hissed [b]Bagheera[/b], hurrying towards the group, and quickly making sure that each of the children still had their hoods raised. "Thanks to you we were almost found out. Now we have to get out of here without making a-"

"Wait a moment," came a voice.

It was from a Gotal waitress, who was standing beside [b]Vic[/b]. The boy had been trying to get her attention so that he could order a drink, and she had promptly come over to serve him. And now she was gazing intently at what she could see of his face.

"You guys aren't like any Jawas I ever knew," she said, impulsively reaching out to lift the hood of the boy's robes...

[b]Tag: Ramza, Sirak, Anne, Reynar, Nick, Peng, Hamm[/b]

[hr]

[i][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCk7c45o8lE&feature=related]The Netherworld[/link][/i]

[b]Krasus [/b]seemed impassive, even uninterested, as [b]Mischa [/b]related her vision to him, though he raised an eyebrow when she mentioned the beam of light.

"And I saw you," she added suddenly. "Earlier. There were lots of images and people telling stories, and you were there...Krasus, what's the Sith Order?"

Her guide's mouth now creased into a cold smirk, and his blue eyes seemed to bore into the girl. It was as if he was trying to read her mind, and after a few moments he seemed satisfied with what he had found.

"The Sith Order," he began, "are the history of the galaxy, little girl. They are a group of individuals who, over countless millennia, have used their natural gifts to ascend to their rightful positions of power. So that the weak learn their place, and so that order is established."

He began to walk away, and Mischa sensed a sudden, even dangerous, shift in her guide's mood.

"To the Palace, then?" he asked, though it was more of a statement than a question. It appeared he was not prepared to entertain any more requests.
    [b]
    Tag: Xan[/b]
    [/blockquote]

25. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Gallia Tern
    The King?s Mane Cantina, Mindor

Gallia had been mostly quiet, reflective even, since she had pointed out the jar of Muja fruit on the counter. Initially, she had been planning on suggesting that Vic and her take some, but the arrival of Baloo had wiped an thought of eating from Gallia?s mind. Vicious, was a little more resolute in his desires, it appeared, because he picked a fruit off the ground.

Gallia zoned out for the fight, and kept watching Vic eat. People were speaking, but it didn?t really pertain to Gallia, so she ignored it. She regained awareness, when she saw a hand reach towards her brother?s hood. Gallia leapt forward, to stop the waitress, by grabbing her wrist.

Tag: Ramza, Winged, All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.