main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Manaic Mansion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Yodas_Blade, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodas_Blade

Yodas_Blade Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    You can now get it cheap at LucasArts.com, and in it's uncut version too I think. For those who don't know what it is, it's about this wacky mad scienctist named Dr. Fred who kidnaps this cheerleader named Sandy, who happens to be your girlfriend. So you and your friends (two others who you can choose) must enter the mansion and resue her. It is a great all out game even the cut version from Nintendo. What's cool was at one point of the century, no one could find copies of it, it was one hard game to find. I have a copy of the Nintendo version (It belong to my father and he passed it on to me) and I'm hoping to get the uncut version soon. If you find a copy like used, or online, or from an emulator, get it. It's worth it. Also there are supposed to be two sequels, Day of the Tenticle (Which I've played and beat) and another, but I don't know if it really exists. You can find more infomation about it at http://members.fortunecity.com/harang/ (Opening picture in the middle, about kissing a tenticle, is mine believe it or not, I made it years ago.) Anyway, sorry for rambling on like that.

*Continues to lurks around the forums*

2. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I have the Nintendo version. I should hook it up one of these days and play it again. I always liked it. Never played the sequel though.

3. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    The original Maniac Mansion is available on Day of the Tentacle, it's on one of the computers (I can't for the life of me remember who's room though 8-} )

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Weird Ed's room, I think... :)

Never bothered to play MM (via DOTT) though... maybe I should?

Old-school Green & Bernard! :eek:
    [image=http://perso.club-internet.fr/locotoso/jeux/maniac/tentacle_b.jpg]

5. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...a true classic...

Oh the things you could do with that hamster...... ;)

Not a straightup sequel, but another game cut of the same cloth that
    was great was "Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders"..What a great game..)

6. Yodas_Blade

Yodas_Blade Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    Isn't that the game where you find the gas can for the chainsaw in the kitchen? Or was that Monkey Island?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.