main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Manchester MCM 2011

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    After it being brought to my attention by Leigh, I wondered what you guys felt about having a meet when MCM comes to Manchester next year on the 30th July?

Me and my good lady will defo be going, so might see some of yous :)

http://www.manchestermcmexpo.com/

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    My word we'll all be old then.

3. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well I'll be but I don't know about you :p

4. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Sounds like a good idea Coz.

I'm guessing it's similar to Collectormania?

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I guess so but I think Leigh and Tim has been the one in London so they'd have a better idea then me :p

6. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i hope it will involve ageing 2nd bananas from ancient james bond films, as otherwise i shall not be going, thankyouverymuch.

7. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    We'll just have to wait and see :p

8. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I've got mixed feelings about previous MCM Expos - on the lines of "I'm getting too old for this..."

The London one is overtaken now by young cosplayers - not complaining as such, just it's their world now, not mine, and it's uncomfortable being there. Much of the show is aimed at them. Showmasters put on a more mixed event for young and old fans. Last one I went to I spent literally an hour then went to central London to feed squirrels in a park. I had more fun there. That said I was on my tod and didn't know a work colleague was there too. So maybe with October one it'll be more fun with people around.

The one previous I still haven't gotten over and have daily therapy sessions. Count Dooku. Singing. Badly. With lots of technical problems too. And then he didn't want to talk about anything afterwards but his music so he had a room of shocked fans who couldn't ask him anything but about the horror he had unleashed on us. Ask Matt (Lord T) about it - we walked out on Christopher Lee it was that bad. I need another therapy session.

That said, I will come to Manchester 'cos well Showmasters have really let us down. And I will seek therpy in October with MCM Expo London, in case I am just getting old and grumpy.

9. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    I guess becuase Collectormania isnt gonna happen anytime soon, this is the next best thing in the North nearest to me (ie. not Glasgow).

I hope to get to this one.

Tim - I'll bring some nuts for the squirrels for ya O:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.