main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mandalore from Tales of the Jedi Comics

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by krillindb, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krillindb

krillindb Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    Has anybody ever attempted making this costume? It looks really cool and I want to make it as I am pretty much done with my custome mandalorian. I figure I will start by making the helmet/mask and I can decide whether or not to do a complete costume after that. My problem is that I cannot find the comics anywhere so I need some help finding some pics. If anybody knows a site with a pic or 2 I'd be very greatful.

Let me know what you think.

thanks.

2. Mandalorian-Warriors

Mandalorian-Warriors Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    If you get any pics of this Mandalore, LMK, I'd love to see what it looks like.

3. krillindb

Jun 5, 2002
    Here is a site that has a little info on him and an ok pic:

http://home.neo.rr.com/scottbrown/korbin/mand.htm
    (copy and paste, address to long for markup code)

And a pic:

[image=http://www.sith.pl/armia/Images/mandalore.jpg]

4. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, I have the comics, but I don't know of any pics online of Mandalore. I suppose I could capture the images from the books and put them online. Gimme a little while and I should hopefully have something for you in a couple of days!!!

~Larry

5. krillindb

Jun 5, 2002
    Excellent, that would be great. Thanks alot man I really appreciate it!

6. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I'd scan you some pics, but I don't have the webspace to host them... want me to e-mail them to you?

7. krillindb

Jun 5, 2002
    Hey that would be awesome thanks. I'll pm you my email. I also want to let everyone know that I will be setting up a page on geocities or something to provide updates and progress pics along with the reference pics.

8. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Alright, well I have 13 pics of Mandalore on my PC, I'm trying to configure some space on my website for them currently. You should be able to look at them sometime this afternoon. I'll post the link when they are up!!!

9. Mandalorian-Warriors

Dec 8, 2003
    Would it be to much to ask one of you guys to e-mail the pics my way as well?

Thanks

10. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, my pics are HUGE so I need to resize and trim them. My scanner isn't working, so I just took digital pics of them. I'll resize them tomorrow/today and put them on my site. Not too sure about emailing out the pics, might be too big. We'll see.

11. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    E-mails sent to both of you, I could only find three good pics in the Sith War series... I'll see if Mandalore shows up in any others.

12. Mandalorian-Warriors

Dec 8, 2003
    That's for the pics buddy!

I'll add them to www.MandalorianWarriors.com for reference to others!

13. krillindb

Jun 5, 2002
    Thanks alot for the pics Master_Byrd I really appreciate it!

14. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    NP! I had to work late tonight, so I'll try posting some more pics Monday... peace!

15. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, here they are on my site. If you want the bigger pictures, just ask and I'll send them to you, otherwise they'll just sit where they are.

http://www.galacticembassy.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10877#10877

The pics on the site are about 10% the file size of the origs. Well, enjoy them if you want to.

Larry@dragonshockeyclub.org

16. krillindb

Jun 5, 2002
    ge_rpger, Dude, those are some great pics. I already have a couple of those but there are some there that I had'nt already gotten. I really appreciate it man, you even provided me with a much needed profile picture of mandalore.

Thanks alot!

17. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    no problemo, just trying to help out!

18. Mandalorian-Warriors

Dec 8, 2003
    I find it strange that I never heard of Mandalore, I guess I slipped somewhere along the ride.

Thanks for the pics!

19. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Well, from what I know... After the Mandalorian Wars, the mandalorians traded in thier honor and tradition for money. And, instead of following one leader, they became mercenaries.

20. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, just like most things within Star Wars, their story is not completely told. Theories abound that the race of Mandalorians died out, or were killed off. However, some still think the Madalorians exist beyond the representations of Jango, Jaster, Ordo, Boba, Jodo, etc. Mandalorians could have been wiped out during the Clone Wars and all that remain are Boba Fett, or they could have turned themselves from the warriors they were to a more peaceful race of simply shipbuilders.

The theories are endless.

However, in documented sources, after the Clone Wars, only 3 Mandalorians survived; Boba Fett, Fenn Shysa, and Tobbi Dala. During the New Order, slavers came to the planet Mandalore and enslaved the entire planet. Shysa and Dala went back to free the planet and did succeed but only Shysa survived.

Under Shysa, the Mandalorians pledged their alliegence to the Alliance. Apparently Fett wasn't part of this as he was now a bounty hunter.

Anything else concerning the Mandalorians is pure speculation. Also, these are all subject to change with the release of EP3 (just like the history of Boba Fett)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.