main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mandalore

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 28, 2014.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I've always wondered whether if there was a third sister (korkie's mother?) that died which caused bo to turn to death watch

Darth Basin likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I thought it was a brother for whatever reason. Lol. I guess it could be a sister.

Trebor Sabreon and SilentGuy66 like this.
  3. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Either would work though a sister would be more symbolic

Satine-Pacifist
    Bo Katan- Warrior
    ???- Dies honourably

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that's probably the point.

The Darksaber never did replace the mask as the symbol of absolute authority over all of Mandalore.

As you say, in the EU, the mask is the symbol of the Mand'alor. While the Darksaber is the symbol of leadership over Death Watch, alone.

Again, it's only because the leader of Death Watch was the one who became ruler of Mandalore (through the successful coup witnessed in TCW), that the ruler of Mandalore also happened to be the guy who held the Darksaber.

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. Well, we know the third siblings must have died because Korkie was being raised by Sabine right? It's been a while since I've seen the episodes with him in it.

6. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    It's not really stated all we know is that Korkie was at the academy and the only two people he trusted were his aunt and Almec and later on he somehow got in contact with Bo

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wonder what Satine told him about Bo before he met her? Maybe he just knew she was a warrior?

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
  9. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Well given the mess Mandalore was in by that point he'd need to have known she was a bad ass to team up with her

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe Satine told him that if he was ever in any real danger he should contact Bo?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  11. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    ^:)^

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

jabberwalkie and SilentGuy66 like this.
  13. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Maybe Bo Katan is Korkie's mum and he doesn't know yet. ;)... for some special private reasons.

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Then I guess Pre Vizsla is his father. ;)

...Wait what?

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Bo didnt care about who got killed at time prior. Only after Maul defeated Vizla and took control of Death Watch and thus Mandalore did she side with a good guy, but it was also out've spite for three clear reasons 1) Maul killed Vizla, 2) Maul is an outsider to her this is a double insult and 3) whatever designs she had in mind as co-ruler under Vizla are gone.

Vegeta Daimo likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    And she still went and risked her life to go and save her sister. She was changing. Maybe not from the whole Mandalorian warrior thing, but she clearly cared about what happened to Satine. I mean, despite all the killing. Something had to have clicked and caused her to change, Pre Vizsla's death or not. I think she just wanted the warrior culture back rather then being his co-ruler. I mean, I'm sure she would have liked that; because I really believe she was in love with him; but at the same time she seemed to be 'all warrior, all the time'.

Vegeta Daimo likes this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Saving her sister wouldve been in her best interest as she had very few Death Watch/Nite Owel's under her command, she broke from her clan. She was a walking target that no Death Watch member would go near unless to kill. She wanted Republic intervention which wouldve brought Mandalore under Republic protection and make the planent no longer independent. After Vizla died whatever her vows & beliefs in in old Mandalore was out the window as she broke from tradition as a Old Mandalore warrior. Maul was the de facto Mand'alor.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Right. And him being an outsider and not a Mandalorian by culture etc was a definite blow to her beliefs. And although saving her sister would have been in her best interest, part of me wonders if Korkie had anything to do with convincing her that it was the right thing to do. Maybe she already felt conflicted; after Vizsla died and Maul's takeover. But I still think that despite whatever happened between them to cause them to go their separate ways, she still loved her sister.

Either way, Mandalore is pretty much ****** right now. Especially since the Empire took over. I mean, they even have an Imperial Academy there. So, I wonder if Almec is still running things.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think being an outsider was an issue, otherwise Vizla wouldve cited that as a clause in the challenge and had his men blow Maul away right there. Don't forget, Vizla and Bo had no qualms about siding with an outsider to use him to kill Jedi, Sith(Dooku) and take control of Mandalore from Satine. At no time does Bo speak out in favor of sparring Satine from either life imprisonment or death. Of course you're entitled to think how you will, but I find that not likely and I would not trust someone like Katan anyway, she's a switch hitter.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well...to never saw much on her did we? I mean; besides a few episodes. So we can't say whether or not she wanted her dead. If she did; why wouldn't she just leave her to rot in jail. She would have known that Maul would have killed her eventually. But she still risked her life to go and get her. It could be 'just because' or a matter of convenience sure. But I still think they missed each other. I mean, Korkie was with her. Perhaps Satine told him that if things ever got really bad on Mandalore, he should go to Bo and get her help.

I think what we really need is a book or a comic on what happened that caused them to go to opposite ends and not talk for years.

Right. But I don't think they wanted Dooku to become Mandalore either. He was just a means to an end. That's what they probably though Maul was until he took over completely. Then it became a problem. He challenged Vizsla and won, which granted him the title of Mandalore. But he was never adopted into the culture. So, he isn't 'officially' Mandalorian.

21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I think she was so reluctant and hostile towards Maul because she loved Pre Vizsla. And she deeply mourned his death. Maybe Pre Vizsla was the original cause of her turning to the Death Watch and her split with Satine too. Something I totally understand. And the outsider-thing was just a pretext because she just can't say in the throne room: "Maul, I hate you because you killed my mate." Otherwise, if she really wanted to stay a kind of co-ruler preserving the militarist old Mandalorian culture, she could behave a bit nicer towards Maul - or Savage ;) But as she refused, Gar Saxon and Rook Kast were made the new Mandalorian right hands of Maul.

But Bo Katan rather allied with Kenobi to get her revenge upon Maul. I think she was speculating that the Jedi or the republic will not interfere very long at Mandalore. She thought they will just kill Maul and Savage and then retreat very soon because of all the other obligations in the galaxy. At the end Kenobi failed like so often against the Zabrak-Duo. And the Dark Lord of the Sith came instead to fulfill Bo Katan's dreams.

I guess the Imperial Academy was just the re-named Academy of Mandalore where Ahsoka Tano had met Korkie for the first time and gave her anti-corruption-lessons to stop Almec from his criminal acts of bribing or getting bribed or smuggling from the black market.

Dooku didn't interfere very much into the inner affairs of the Death Watch. He just wanted them to carry out some ambushs and assaults on Satine and other vital targets at Sundari and at Coruscant to challenge Mandalore's neutrality, and when Padme and Satine discovered Dooku's stooge's sinister plans and Mas Amedda and Palpatine rowed back and granted Satine neutrality, Dooku just got cold feed and retreated from meddling into Mandalore's affairs, leaving the Death Watch to be casted into oblivion at Concordia.

While Maul was about to make Mandalore his new life-center and to integrate fully into Mandalorian-warrior-culture. He deeply cared about his men and women. And I guess he also learnt Mando'a. :) Savage did rather not ;)

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Sudooku

That makes more sense. Rook and Saxon are from the SoD comics correct? I still have not had a chance to read that, but I suppose I should get on it soon. All I have seen are the summary and spoilers from it. But nice points. :) And the idea where Pre Vizsla and the death watch being the cause of her split with Satine sounds like and interesting idea.

That would make sense. I wonder if we'll get to see the academy again in Rebels? It would be interesting to see as well. Especially if Mandalore has changed a lot during the last fifteen years.

Right. That makes sense. :)

Was that In the comic as well?

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I've said as much.

Too bad the writers werent consistent as Bo would never made it outve the throne room alive, had they allowed Maul to do what he does best:

24. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi SI,

do you mean what I wrote about the academy? No, that is from TCW season 3, ep. 6. Actually an academy at Mandalore AFAIK never shows up again till Sabine mention it in "Rebels". Yes, Gar Saxon and Rook Kast are from SoD. I hope I could help.

25. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Wouldn't it be great if we saw the cataclysm that destroyed Mandalore's landscape that Filoni mentioned on the TCW season 2 DVD?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.