main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mandalore

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 28, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Vorax

I think the writers would have kept her alive for that Ahsoka/Bo-Katan arc that was supposed to happen.

Right. That's what I meant yeah. But I'm saying that it would be interesting if that academy makes more then a name appereance in Rebels. Like, we actually go there again. And you were a big help. So, thank you. :)

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's being saved for Star Wars: The Old Republic (the movie trilogy).

At least, in my list of hopes, it is. ;)

I don't know, I cannot recall whether we were given a sense of when this cataclysm took place? Was it stated (or even implied) to have been a recent occurrence? If not, maybe there is room for it to be explored as an ancient event.

But either way, I know of others who have argued for taking the Mandalorian warrior race of the ancient times, and pitting them as a third major faction, alongside the epic struggle between the forces of the Jedi/Republic and a powerful Sith Empire.

And I agree. I think it would make for a wondrous story (to say nothing of the overwhelming visual splendor!).

As much as I am very, very excited for Episodes 7, 8 and 9 (I've been waiting over 30 years to see that trilogy), a Series of Old Republic films are at the very top of my 'most wanted' list for the next trilogy, following the ST.

And I think that it makes a whole world of sense to include the Mandalorian people in a big, big way.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

If we go off the EU Mandolore was destroyed in recent History when the Pacifists fought the true Mandolorians and DW.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, I remember.

But I mean in the TCW Mando episodes, specifically. Was it stated in these stories to have been a recent thing? I cannot recall.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

They never specified if they were old events or not but I am pretty sure it was a war that caused it.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is it weird that I'm more excited for the possibility of a release of the Invasion of Mandalore then the release of TFA ? :D

darskpine10 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I mean we have spent more time on Mandalore then we will watch TFA.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Death Watch and the Darth Maul arc really made Mandalore appealing, if none of them were involved and there was just the New Mandalorians I'd think we'd be bored to death and asking for their domes to crack. Come on Cohagen give the people air!

Vegeta Daimo likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I don't think we would have gotten any mandalore if they were all piece full.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Filoni is smart, he's a good capitalizer. If he were to have made Sabine a new Mandalorian she'd be a dud with a spray can and stun baton, but making her a hardass Death Watch style Mandalorian, she's an instant hit.

Vegeta Daimo likes this.
  12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    All I saw was Boba Fett........yep

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We saw our first bit on Concodia!

Its happening.

Also Can a mod change the title of this thread to All things Mandalorian?

Because this does not just encompass the Planet anymore.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I can't wait especially since...

Sabine is going to fight some death watch looking guy. Maybe they want her to prove she's still Mandalorian even though she left Mandalore? Or they could be trying to kill her too.

15. EmperorAjay

EmperorAjay Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    He would've been much safer and had a better life living with Obi-Wan's old friend there, rather than in an extremely easy place to find him with old relatives...

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Old friend? Do you mean Satine Kryze? Because she died in the Clone Wars.

17. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    The last we saw of Mandalore the planet was being engulfed in a civil war. And not just any civil war - a Mandalorian civil war.

Not my first choice for a place to dump a baby.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, forget sending him off to the in-laws. Put a child in a warrior society; that will keep him hidden from the Empire...

[​IMG]

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Tatooine seemed like a backwater planet that had just recently come under Imperial control as of ANH. Or at least that's the vibe I got from the ANH cutscene where Biggs is warning Luke about the Empire nationalizing Tatooine agriculture.

I am not certain, but to me it just sounded like the Empire was a relatively new presence on the planet at that point. Whereas Mandalore we know was under a Civil War, we've heard mention of the Siege of Mandalore towards the end of the war, and Sabine had served at an Imperial academy. So the Empire likely had a presence there since its declaration.

Jedi Knight Fett and Gamiel like this.
  20. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    And taking the siege/civil war out of the equation (for arguments' sake) Obi-Wan would have to try to second guess Palpatine. If you have a super important baby to hide/find, a planet of armoured badasses is the very first place that would probably occur to Sheev. A sandy backwater dive of a planet would not.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Merged your thread EmperorAjay with this one. I know it talks about the possibility of Luke being sent to Mandalore instead if Tatooine, and the main thread on Mandalore is a better place to discuss this then just having a single thread on the area.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    But that Sandy backwater planet is tatooine were Anakin lived for 6 years!

But then again Sheev would not look there because it might seem to obvious not that I am saying he should send Luke to Mandalore.

23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Nope not weird at all. Wonder how the invasion will go.

24. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Uh...revived I guess?

25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I saw it, fellow forum members. From out of the darkness, The Thread Necromancer has come..
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer and MercenaryAce like this.