main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Mandalorian Mania!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Hey! for everyone that doesn't know yet, a small group of us have decided to work on starting the Spokane 501st group, which would essentially be an offshoot of the Spokantina. Our idea to help us stand out from other 501st groups would be our "theme" We want to start an all Mandalorian Garrison, of course, we would not be limited to only Mandalorians, that would just be our primary costumes.

I know most of you are probably thinking... "where am I going to find some decent, affordable mandalorian armor???" don't give it another thought! I've located a guy in Fairfield, Ohio who builds, paints and sells full suits of aluminum mandalorian armor. full "jango-style" suits, for a grand total of $60. he builds, paints and if you like, battle damages the armor for you. I've already ordered a suit for myself and he should have it finished soon, and then shipped off too me. Hopefully I'll have it in time to bring it to the Saturday Kid's Club meeting to show anyone who's interested.

There is at least 5-6 people from the Spokantina so far who are interested in this, and some who have already put their money in. One thing that we're still looking for is a decent set of gauntlets that we could replicate at a fairly low price and jetpacks that we could also replicate. Our goal is to have available to anyone interested in making a custom mandalorian, and joining the 501st group...

A) a full suit of mandalorian plate armor
    B) a mandalorian helmet
    C) a set of mandalorian gauntlets
    D) a mandalorian jetpack

If you know where we might be able to procure a set of gauntlets or a jetpack to copy and produce for the group, please let us know! The idea is to have all of the above listed items available for new members to just pay one fee (preferably $200 or less) and recieve all of the listed items, then they would have the option of customizing said items to their hearts content.

We're still in the planing phases of this project, but it's already moving at lightspeed! If you're interested in this, post here or get in contact with John or Casey for more info. And remember, NOBODY is too short to be a mandalorian ;)

2. padmay_and_luke

padmay_and_luke Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    In response to this, contact Nathaniel, or JediMasterHare. He is on the ball and making complete sets with some really durable plasitc. He's a perfectionist, so you are guaranteed some truly righteous Mandalorian digs!

Padmay

3. padmay_and_luke

padmay_and_luke Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Oops - that's plastic, not plasitc. (Sometimes I type too fast).
    [face_blush]

4. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    for direct discussion about this and other mandalorian pursuits I've seet up a message board over at the spokantina.com to accomodate us, just register and give yourself a mandalorain name... and we can get started...

5. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    I'm definately interested... and who says bothans can't wear armor lol.

But let me get this right.... full suit of armor for $60?
    If that is the case, I will have a few extra friends that will want a set.
    (Does that include the helmet?)

Also, I'll check with my costuming buddies and see what they can make for jetpacks, etc.

Can we wait at least a week before we order?

Nick

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Glad to see you're interested Nick! To answer your questions, yes, it's $60 for a full "jango-style" suit of aluminum mandalorian armor and No, the helmet is not included with this. We were planing (for the most part) to just use the cheap jango helms, I've seen people have great success with the jango helmets after replacing the visor and repainting them. If your costuming buddies can figure out a way to build some mandalorian jetpacks and reproduce them for us at a minimal cost, I'd be more than grateful. We're also looking for someone to make gauntlets for the group. And make sure to inform anyone who's interested in procureing some of this armor that they can become part of the 501st with it! If we can get at least 15 mandalorians in this area, we'll have enough for an official Garrison, woot! Oh, and for those wondering, I just purchased my armor this morning, and hopefully I'll receive it before the Kid's Club meeting on Saturday, so if anyone is interested in inspecting it, It'll probably make it's way to the kids club. Our long term goal, is to set up an all Mandalorian 501st Garrison and a Mandalorian themed 501st Detachment, for more info on these types of groups, visit the 501st site.

7. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    Super, I'll for sure want a set. I'm calling some others who might be interested.

Are there different sizes? Do we need measurements?

Anyone checked with James to see how much it would cost for him to make helmets?

I'll be in touch, and get back to you with my orders.

8. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I don't believe there are any different sizes, I just need the color (any color) and whether you want battle damage or not. I've not talked to James about helmets yet, but that's a good idea... I'll see what I can do about that.

9. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Hey everyone! I got a pleasant suprise at work today! Jeff emailed me some pics of my armor nearing completion! he says all that's left is painting the knee darts silver, then he's shipping it off to me! woot! anyway, I thought I'd share these glorious pictures with you all... enjoy...
    [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/armor1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/armor2.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/armor3.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/armor4.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/armor5.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/armor6.jpg]
    sweet...

10. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    Can't wait to see it in person

11. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Does somebody here know where I can get a good (and preferably cheap) Zuckuss mask?

12. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    No clue... maybe try eBay?

On another note, my armor is here! I've had a chance to look it over, the only parts that I'm having issues with so far are the two breast pieces... they're built for someone larger than myself, so the shape ends up being a little strange on me... I'm going to play with them a bit and see what I can do. On the other hand, the leg pieces, from the waist down are perfect, the codpiece, the thighs, the knees , the shins and feet. They look fantastic, and fit wonderfully. I'll keep you all updated on the progress I'm making with the chest pieces. I'm also taking suggestions on how to attach the chest pieces.

13. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, we need to have a meeting for everyone interested in the 501st group and all this Mandalorian stuff. I'm taking suggestions on times and dates, we can have it wherever, but preferably somewhere where we can look at my armor. I'm thinking maybe Saturday or Sunday.

14. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Saturday works the best for me.
    Where should we meet?

15. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    Wow, I work Saturdays now, Fridays and Sundays off... so Sunday works for me.
    Nick

16. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    sunday works best for me this week but i also have saturday off this week too. i just really want to see this armor!

17. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    I just talked with John and we are going to meet at 6 p.m. tonight (Saturday) at the park by Splashdown. John will be bringing his armor to show and see how interested people are.

If you have any questions give myself (208-964-0598) or John (208-691-7650) a call. Hope to see you there, because it wouldn't be the same without you.

18. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    Have a picture of the gauntlets you need?

I a guy that has a forge and does gauntlets, so get me some pictures and I'll see how much he charges.

Nick

19. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    [image=http://www.toysrgus.com/dragoncon2004/pics/photos/IMG_0885.JPG]

Also:Nevermind, found the motherload for costume reference:

http://www.starfortressproductions.com/swbountyhunters.html

20. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    [DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

NICE picture!! Hey Casey, did you notice the big with the "hammer"? He seems to have the kind of chest plate that you want.

21. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    I did notice that ans it looks VERY sweet. now i just have to get some armor. right now it all depends on how much i spend at Silverwood $$$ >< (cry)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.