main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mandalorian Muses--UPDATE 1-9-10

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FettFan79, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Hey guys! yeah, I kinda took a break--I did work on a special drawing for my mom--daffodils pic for her mother-in-law--wasn't Star Wars, so I didn't post it here, but I had another mando in the works--this time, not working with a reference photo. It is still rough, but I wanted to get something else up in fan art here...

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_624.jpg]

and if you want to see the daffodil pic, here is the link to my photobucket:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/?sc=3

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [:D] Welcome to fanarts, FettFan!

The mando looks great! Very strong pose, suggesting he has already shot with his right gun. =D= Like it.

Hope to see more of your work soon! :)

PS: The daffodils are beautiful!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome back, FettFan79 (and did your previous thread get locked...? I didn't think you'd been away that long... [face_thinking] *shrugs*)!

I agree that the pose is great (and I would so love to see these scanned--are you working on paper that's too large...?)--the hands seem a bit small in relation to the arms, but that's my only crit. Great detailing on the armor (how do you get all that...from reference photos? **scratches head**)--all the controls on the gauntlets and all the nooks and crannies on the helmet...great! And I have to say that the daffodil painting is just lovely: the sweeps of the greenery in the different directions really accent the brilliant blooms--it has a very impressionistic feel to it (and I'm sure your mom is delighted with it!). Very nice! We'll be looking forward to seeing more from you soon!

FF

4. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Hello fettfan cool drawing i rely like the mado too hay have you see my Mandalorian on my story thread tell me what you think i need some pointers to get her looking more dangeros like yours keep up the good work

Todan :D =D=

5. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Wow--it's been way too long since I've been here! I've been out and about a bit more (I've taken a liking to biking a few miles a week), not to mention, I just got back from a vacation to Chicago--saw the King Tut exhibit! Thanks for the comments!

No, for this particular drawing, I did not use a reference photo or look at anything--it's just from drawing a few Mandos already. Yes, the hands--hands are something I seem to draw a bit small for some reason--I'll try to fix that.

Todan--I need to check out your story thread to see that Mando you are talking about!

6. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Love the Mando! Beautiful job.

7. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Ahhhh I finally kicked myself in the butt and got to drawing on my latest Mando again! I worked for about an hour last night-- this is all just graphite right now, still not done, but have more details and more of the body done. I think I will change the position of his left leg--if he just shot, he wouldn't be standing in a close-legged pose--I think anyway...I customed the armor a bit--made it look a little more flexible like Medieval armor or an armadillo (those are what I was thinking of anyway). I did not use reference photos for this--all "play it by ear" or hand...? LOL I have drawn a couple of Mando pics, so I just did my own thing for this one. I have also not yet drawn a full-body figure of any humanoid, so I know I have some proportion issues to work on--lol;) (his boots are not drawn--it's the edge of the page...)

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_656.jpg]

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_654.jpg]

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_661.jpg]

And thanks for the comps guys!:)

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Just noticed the your sig--"The Force is like duct tape" thing...ROTFL!!! That's so great!! Sort of Tim-The-Tool-Man-Taylor's take on the Force! lol! Thanks for the laugh! ;)

Your figure actually looks pretty good to me (like I said before, outside of the size of the hands, it looks very close to proper proportions). I myself struggle with figure drawing, and could suggest some wonderful websites/references for you, if you're interested. There are tons of great guides out there for artists, and I make a habit of using as many as I can find (most especially for figure drawing, which is still a big-big challenge for me)! Just say if you'd be interested, and I'll link you up to some of my favs! Still loving the piece--and customizing your drawings is definitely encouraged! New and different takes on the standard armor/uniforms is refreshing and makes your work even more interesting. I sort of feel that, as they dispersed anyway, the Mandalorians would all naturally sort of "individualize" their armoring, anyway... It makes sense! Keep up the great work!

FF

9. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks! I would be interested in those websites!

Here is something more along the lines of doodling. The skull I was lazy with and actually traced a previous drawing of mine--but the rest was freehand. The right side of the "bar" in the background---I need to make a bit larger and the crescents are not quite lined up, but I kinda liked the overall design of it. Thought it would make a nice tattoo, and I have had a couple people ask me to design a tattoo for them based on what they wanted it to contain or look like...hmmmm........got me thinking...though it might be fun to inflict pain upon others on a daily basis (lol) I'm not sure I could handle being a tattoo artist yet.

OH!! yeah, my sig---LOL I read that on a t-shirt in a catalog the first time I saw it and I love it! So true...

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_668.jpg]

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Thanks! I would be interested in those websites!"

Alrighty then--here are some of my favorites!

1)This is FineArt, which has a plethora of wonderful references--I have you on the page featuring all the Andrew Loomis anatomy/illustration books (page-by-page, which is so great!). There are some areas specific to heads and hands, and then some that cover the entire human figure--all are wonderful!

2)This is sort of an anime/manga general drawing site, but there are some superb tutorials for the figure, faces and hands (which is one of my all-time favorites--hands give me fits!). The list along the left side of that first page will take you to all the tutorials, many of which I have copied and keep with my drawing stuff.

I hope these prove useful to you--they certainly have been to me!

And I think your Mandalorian skull looks wonderful! I like the crescents and the sort of Celtic-looking bar that crosses the entire piece--unique, yet so Mando! Very nice! And I don't really think your friends want you to put the tattoo on them...they just want you to design it for them! They'd then take that drawing to a tattoo artist and have him or her "burn it in," so to speak! Still--I can appreciate your reluctance! :D Keep on "doodling" anyway! ;)

FF

11. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Todan--do you have a link to your story?

Thanks for the sites, Falcon! and for the comments! Yeah, I might color that last one in or at least ink it so it's darker...

12. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Good work Fett...I love he Fett's as well, plus you do good work. Swing by my art page I did a Boba sketch that you might like...

Oh and I added you to my WUL list...any fellow artist who loves Fett is a friend of mine. [face_peace]

13. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks JediStarKiller!

I'm going to work on my last drawing--the mythosaur skull and crescents today--ink it a bit then maybe begin coloring. I'll post when I have an update.

14. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Okay, I did work on the skull pic! I touched it up a bit then inked it to make it stand out more.
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_670.jpg]

And here it is (the very same pic as above) after I ran it through my comp...hehhee
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/mythskulbl.jpg]

Here is a forum signature pic I made from it:
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/fetsig3bl.jpg]

I had to use one effect twice along with a different effect--in a certain order--to achieve that glow---I love that glow look. I also played with different colors. It was trial and error, but I LOVE how it turned out!

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, wonderful use of that image FettFan79!! Great work with PS (if that's what you used)--I would have liked to see the detailing you had in the "crossbeam" part of it--that sort of Celtic twist in the ends--preserved, but I really like this effect anyway! Great sig, too (where do you use that...?)--very nice work!

FF

16. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks! I use Microsoft Publishing Platinum 2000--I know it's older, but I like it. I have actually not used PhotoShop before, or if I have it was just once to play around.

Yeah, I might work on it more to keep that detail in the bar of the background--I like that too. lol--I was kinda going for the "Celtic twist" hehe

I use this siggy in the QCRS as well as in Shadows of the Force forums. Shadows has a solid black background, and this really stands out!

17. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Those are lovely Fett pictures...
    You should try Ailyn as Fett perhaps!
    I always did like her!
    :)

18. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    HHHMMMMMMMMm!! good suggestion!! hhehe--I just might![face_dancing]

19. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    VERY good then! :)
    Or to be extra HARD, try designing her a new Mandolorian stylee armour perhaps?
    :p

20. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    I like that idea too! ;)

I do have an announcement of sorts...I might not be able to get on her much in the near future. Hubby and I got into it as he has been a real stickler about my net time--he threatened to get rid of the comp. I might still be able to check my email from time to time, but as far as forums go, I'll have to see. As things are now, I am working on possibly moving out as well--I'll just say it's in the works--that, and finding a second job...so...if I'm quiet for a while, that's why. I will still be drawing, so if I AM unable to post, I might have quite a few new pics to put up when I can get back![face_peace]

21. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Actually, I just might very soon get a tattoo of my very pic ^ possibly for my birthday coming up on Labor Day... ]-} :D

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL!! "Take careful aim, Fett..." [face_laugh] Excellent, FettFan79--and thanks for the laugh (and as for me...Jar-Jar drove me nuts! lol!)!

FF

23. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I like the drawing. I just wanted to mention that I was driving the other day and some fellow had changed his Dodge Ram symbol on his truck to look like that pic. I think his license plate was BADJEDI or something like that. I thought that was pretty cool.

AG88

24. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Well, I messed it up--I meant for that last reply of mine to be here instead...um, I might get the above pic as a tattoo VERY soon as my birthday is coming up on Labor Day...

Okay, got the title of this thread changed..cool--I will repost my JarJar/Fett pic again as I accidentally changed it out:p

Ahhh I got the pic here again...
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/huntseas.jpg]

25. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Do you happen to have a pic of that Ram symbol, AG88?

Here's another sketch I started. I'm looking at a toy figure that I posed--Clone Trooper. I'm already having trouble with the shoulders, but I'm working on it.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_685.jpg]

This is all that is there so far---I guess I'm mainly working on upper bodies for now

And here's my other Mando. I have started adding some color, very little so far, but this is more for a "before" shot. I'm going to change the hand size a bit and post another pic.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/cap_686.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.