main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mandalorian Muses--UPDATE 1-9-10

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FettFan79, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Your wish is my command...LOL

I started this one a while back, and I think I posted the beginning of this somewhere earlier, just haven't got back to it until last night. I'm using a loose clone trooper figure for reference, and I like being able to pose him. The number 1138 is obvious, but I used Mandalorian numbering to tag him.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/ct.jpg]

Sometimes I am better with technological things--I don't know why. Sometimes straight lines are just easier :p

2. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Nice, that looks great.

Heh, for me it's the oposite: straight lines and symmetrical things are nightmares for me. And that's make this even more impressive to me.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, the Jedi/Tydirium piece is coming along beautifully! Is that a tattoo or a scar on his cheek...? And I have to agree with Fenrisulven here: tech-type stuff is really tough for me, too--and I admire your ability to do it! :D That trooper looks great (1138--a nice little "homage" to GL! ;) )--good proportions and I like that pose. Very very nice!

FF

4. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    FF--It's a scar on his cheek ;)

Thanks guys!

I'm thinking maybe drawing tech stuff runs in the family: both my grandfather (previously Hughes and Boeing) and my uncle currently works for Boeing--they are both fairly talented with drawing engineer-type sketches, though mainly for model plane work they have done. That might have rubbed off on me?

I've started a bit of color on the clone trooper, but I've got bowling league to get to, so I'll try to post an update tomorrow if I can.

5. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    cool! ^_^

Clone 1138 ? does he appear somewhere?

Boss in RC is 1238 I think...

6. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Ahhh--no, 1138 isn't an actual clone trooper to my knowledge. I just used 1138 because of the number's relevance in GL's movies, and one that often appears somewhere in quite a few of his works. Of course, if there is a trooper (Boss) 1238, then there surely would have had to have been a 1138 lol.

Thanks! I'm getting a bit of color going on him. The figure I'm using as reference is red/white, but I might change that to some other color, unsure yet. I was going to make his HUD display visor with the glowing blue color like the RC's, but this one actually has a different style of armor than the RC's, so I'm going with the black.

Here's an update:
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/ct2.jpg]

Went with the red...

7. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Red, why not ^^ it looks good :)

It could be the clone advisor giving orders to Delta squad ^^

*wants a Sev drawing* [face_dancing]

8. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005

I found this---it states RC-1138 IS Boss... hhmmm... I might change the number on my clone drawing and try a few RC's in the future. I did bookmark a page I found on Sev, and I need to skim through the RC books again.

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Red always seems to be an appropriate color for clone trooper armor--I like it!

FettFan79 wrote: "I'm thinking maybe drawing tech stuff runs in the family: both my grandfather (previously Hughes and Boeing) and my uncle currently works for Boeing--they are both fairly talented with drawing engineer-type sketches, though mainly for model plane work they have done."

Really?? How cool is that?! An engineer by birth, perhaps...? ;) Seriously, that's some illustrious lineage you have there--lucky you! :D

FF

10. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    That's pretty lovely one, keep it up!

11. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    In the books Sev is very provocative this Omega squad (especially Fi) it's so funny [face_laugh]

12. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Posting a quick one: I just started and finished this one tonight. I'm planning on sending it in to Insider to the Bantha Tracks. I will be putting it into another envelope because I realized a stamp would cover up too much of the picture in the corner (Boba Fett's helmet). :p

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/slave130.jpg]

This was done fairly quickly--just a couple of hours. I realize that the helmets are really too wide proportionally, but the overall look is rather cartoony/comic-ish, so I guess it works. I had the idea of "from father to son" theme for the 30th anniversary, so I drew Slave I split with both Jango's and Boba's color schemes.

Thanks for the comps, guys! Yeah, I do enjoy how much personality the clones have :)

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very cool, FF79! Love the balance of this, with father and son on either side--a great concept, well-executed! I wish you luck in getting this into "Bantha Tracks!"

FF

14. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I like the traditional way of coloring :)

15. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks! :D I got it sent away--priority--so they should have recieved it by now. I'll be happy to see that fan works issue if they still plan on putting that together. I haven't drawn much since then, and I didn't finish my AT-AT (though I did work on the background a bit with watercolors):

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/atat2.jpg]

The paper got wrinkled up a bit with the watercolors, but it's not TOO bad. I haven't done much painting with watercolors, but I have painted a bit with oils. I know the paper is wrong for paints, but I just wanted to try it out.

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah, watercolors... **shudders violently** I've never been able to get anything other than a big ugly puddle of mud when I've tried to use them (no matter what sort of paper I tried to work on...). I admire your fortitude in giving them a go here: I like the colors so far, with the blue and gray in the sky. I wish you much luck in completing this, too (I really like this "view" of that machine! :p )!

FF

17. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet--I have worked and completed a few original drawings for an art show, though not Star Wars related. I still wanted to share the pics, because one is one I posted here previously:

Ribbons!
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/IMG01823.jpg]

Silence of Jupiter (first)
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/IMG01827.jpg]

Dragon's Eye
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/IMG01826.jpg]

I overheard a few compliments on my Jupiter drawing :) and people stared very closely at it.

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Congratulations on the ribbons, FettFan79! =D==D= Well deserved, I'd say! And believe the compliments--they, too, are well-deserved! :D

FF

19. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks!! I'm going to have to get in Star Wars mode again lol

20. E_III_fanatic

E_III_fanatic Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2007
    That Mando picture is sweet!!!!!!!!!!

21. E_III_fanatic

E_III_fanatic Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2007
    And that picture of the Slave split between the colors of both Fett's Ships is even better!!!!!

22. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks very much! I'm hoping to see the Slave I/Fetts drawing in the Insider someday.

Sorry it's been a while--I have received another blue ribbon for my Jupiter drawing, then another red ribbon, this time for my Celtic Triquetra (the triangle piece in one of my pics) at another art show May 19.

I recently attended Karen Traviss' Sacrifice book signing in Indianapolis this past Thursday. WOW!!! Not only did I get to meet Karen, but Tom Hodges and Matt Busch (Star Wars artists) were there too! The local Bloodfin Garrison of the 501st made quite an appearance and everything was wonderful! Just as good as being at a convention! I might get some pics up here when I get them--it'll be Wednesday when I get discs back.

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, that must have been great fun!! It sounds like it was--and yes! Show us some pics when you get the chance!

And heartiest congrats on all the success with your artwork--that has to both motivating and gratifying! =D=

FF

24. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/starwars79/detail?.dir=de2are2&.dnm=366cre2.jpg&.src=ph

Here's the link to my photos from the book signing! It seems Yahoo photos will be closing, so I am in the process of moving these, but they are still there for now I believe.

I hope to get back here soon and check out the new stuff!

25. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    First: I did NOT draw this next figure, but I had permission from another talented artist to use his sketch drawing of this Mando figure to add color to it. I wanted to try out Prismas on tracing paper, and it worked out fairly nicely! This Mando pose was too cool to pass up, so I'm VERY happy I had the chance to colorize! Kudos to KukMan at Deviant Art--he's very talented with Mandos and Clones (shout out if you're here too, Kuk! I think I have seen you in a couple of places...)

Kuk's sketch:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37916646/

In color:
    http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/?action=view&current=mnswd2.jpg

His name is Veriin. Mando-esque nickname version of Wolverine, of which inspired the color scheme ;)

(Edit: the image prompts were not working properly for me at the time I posted--sorry... I'll try again some other time)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.