main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mandalorian Muses--UPDATE 1-9-10

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FettFan79, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cool!!

2. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    [face_mischief] Thank you much!

3. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/yoda2.jpg]

Not a Happy Yoda.

Just watched ROTS and the scene where Anakin confronts the Jedi Council about the Chancellor caught my attention when Yoda's face showed just how unhappy he was. Had to caputure it, so I paused the dvd while I drew, using that as reference.
    Graphite only on sketchbook paper. Might add color later.

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love his expression.

5. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks! Yeah, that one face he made just really caught my attention that time for some reason, so I felt that was perfect for the character in the challenge. It was either that, or a time when he made an amuzed face.

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I remember that scene well, and how interesting it was to see emotion on Yoda's grizzled face--you've done a wonderful job of capturing it here! The downturned corners of his mouth, the lowered brow, and the position of the hands all convey displeasure and consternation--which could not have been easy, considering Master Yoda's alien little countenance! Very well done!

FF

7. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thank you, FF! I did try to start inking, but I'm going to have to find another type of pen--not working too well at this time...

I did finish my challenge character: Aurra Sing!
    The background is actually light, light blue, but didn't turn out with scan.

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/aurrasing1.jpg]

I used the cover from Boba Fett: Maze of Deception for reference. Didn't really know the gun she was holding.

JUST ADDING MORE INFO: I did try erasing a lot of the graphite on my Yoda picture, but the ink still wasn't working out too well. I might just leave it as is for now unless I try something like a pen nib with india ink or something like that--more of a painting process than inking? Not sure how well the paper will hold up to that. I don't know...it's just a couple of ideas.

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    OOOOO!! =D==D= WOW!! Awesome drawing/painting of Aurra Sing! Very dynamic, wonderful energy--I love the colors and all the details! What a terrific job! =D=

FF

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I have to Agree with FF Aurra Sing looks Awesome! I love everything about this her hair, the look in her eyes the halos around the suns. Awesome! =D=

10. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thank you, FF and JediPrincess! I think my background looks a bit hurried, but it does look better in RL than in the scan...I could try to darken the blue background a bit, but I really like the way it is now.

I do like the way the colors turned out in this one--bristol board is definitely a best friend for Prismacolors! :cool: I just took a good look at my Aurra Sing action figure, and it's different in that it has her with some sort of head covering, and all black clothing--I like this red version of her better--see that one more, anyway.

Next one will be something Mando...I haven't done one of those in a while! Gotta keep up with my thread title, right? LOL

(next will also be whatever the next montly challenge is, too!)

11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Scanners never seem to be able to do justice to a piece of art, but your Aurra looks dangerous and sexy anyway. And so vivid!

12. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Much appreciated, Angel! [face_peace] That's probably the main thing I like about Prismas--they have very rich color.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    True, Fett, true!

[:D]

14. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Lately, I've been following some online Photoshop tutorials to finally get to know what the heck to do with my Elements 6 as I'm a major newbie to PS. I've done a few images, but this is the first Star Wars related one I put together. The background is a picture I took while on the bike trail near my home--picture of a field and clouds (small town Illinois lol), then I used the image of what my Mandalorian costume will hopefully look like (image made with MandoMaker--created by Mirta at Mandalorian Mercs), and then I found a good shot of a Boba Fett helmet and added that as well. I followed a tutorial for making ghosts, then embellished on that. I also learned, from another tutorial, how to use and download brushes, so some of that is in here too.
    The Mandalorian phrase roughly means "not gone, just marching far away"--works with the ghost images.

This isn't very big as the original picture was from my cell phone, I believe, and I couldn't find a larger size. This would work best in a signature, I guess.
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/Art/mandoghst2.jpg]

15. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Hi ! :)
    I just went through your thread, you have some very good drawings and photo-manips. LOVE the Aurra Sing drawing !! Great pose and the colour is wonderful.
    I am also fan of mandos, so it is good to see more of them

On your newest photoshop piece, nice job. Photoshop is kinda hard to use at first. I have been using photoshop for about a year now, and I am still discovering new stuff ! [face_laugh]

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's pretty cool :D

17. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'm still learning the ropes of Photoshop, but I've only been using it for about a week and a half now, before then, it was Microsoft Picture It! Publishing Platinum which is now just on my laptop. My dad teaches PS classes at a community college, so I've been sending my PS work to him to see what he thinks. ;)

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I think a lot of it!

:D

And wish I had more clever, talented students in class as you. Wait, I am teaching JUST my motherlanguage at present and no art or English any longer...

Anyway, I will point out your latest work to a dear friend of mine from the GFFG! She´ll love it as well.

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Most cool...and little sad, in a way... It makes me think of fallen soldiers, their boots carefully lined up, their helmets on their rifles, bayonetted into the ground... **gets emotional** Very nice, and the monochrome works very well for the overall mood. Keep at the PS--looks like you're getting good at it fast! :D

FF

20. FettFan79

Nov 25, 2005
    1-9-2010
    Here's a new Mando pic I did for the holidays, inks and coloring on PS:
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/Art/snowmandopic1.jpg]
    "Season's Greetings from the SnowMando!"

Been a LONG while...but I'm still alive ;)

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It´s good to know that you are still alive with ideas and skill to make us all happy.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.