main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mandalorian Philosophy on Revenge?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Theodore Hawkwood, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    While driving through thick traffic on my commute home yesterday I thought of the sketchy outline of a fanfiction taking place around the time of the Yuuzhan Vong War.

It's about a Mandalorian who, because of love for an areutiise he met, chose to settle with her in the Republic. However in her time in the New Republic Navy serving on a medical frigate she was assaulted by a superior and murdered before she could testify (via a staged accident - faulty airlock).

My Mando original character retrieves his armor, hidden in the garden of the home shared with his wife, paints it gold to symbolize his thirst for vengeance and hunts down this superior officer and kills the man in a rather protracted fashion.

Afterward he makes his way home to Mandalore to be among his people again. I wonder if he would be welcome with open arms, especially knowing that he committed murder in the Republic.

And as another plot point the Jedi send one of their knights, a female original character (and incidentally a sister of the murdered officer) to chase her former brother-in-law across the stars.

Opening-wise I'm thinking this could be one of Boba Fett's first tasks as Mandalore is passing judgment on this apostate returning to the Mandalorian ranks. Either turning this man over to the Republic, or letting him go free and warning him he can no longer venture into Republic space as long as he lives.

I'm curious what Mandalorian ethics say about revenge? Judging by the fact that the Wookiepedia and Karen Traviss' stories it seems like its a permissible thing for a mando'ade.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mod post: Hey. I locked this thread because we don't allow threads on specific stories here. If you have questions about the EU or Mandalorians, you can ask them here and other writers will help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.