main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mandalorian Protectors

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 2, 2016.

1. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    In the preview for the upcoming episode with Mandalorians, including Hera and Sabine trying to escape from two Gauntlet Fighters, Hera says "follow me protector", referring to the Mandalorian pilot. Now this could mean a few things, possibly a callsign or codename, but I am guessing it's the new canon incarnation of the Mandalorian Protectors. Specifically the Imperial era ones that fought a covert war against the Empire Until a a new canon representation of Spar is created, I'm pretty sure TCW's Death Watch will be the closest to the Mandalorian Protectors/Death Watch/True Mandalorians. There is also another point I have, and that is relating to Korkie and Amis from the episodes The Academy and The Lawless. Both of them fight during the Mandalorian Civil War with Bo-Katan and by the time of the Empire they should be old enough to have their own armor. But mainly both of them happen to look a bit like Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala. It could be pure coincidence but it would be interesting to see them be part of this new Protector group.

whostheBossk and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's possible that death watch has broken into multiple groups of Mandalorians.

lookameatbag and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Protectors had a mix of both Nite Owls/Death Watch and old Mauldalorians in it.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Death Watch survivors are mentioned in Battlefront: Twilight Company.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They are indeed so whatever happened to DW was not good.

6. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Wait what happened to them in Twilight Company?

Off topic: Nice profile picture, TR-8R!

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thanks!

In TC it is mentioned while they are walking around town that there were some death watch survivors conducting "Business" and thats all.

8. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Possibly back to their mercenary and bounty hunter roots? Under Maul, the Death Watch were reorganized as the Mandalorian Super Commandos.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Is there a link to this preview?

10. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Extremely bad quality warning

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

[​IMG]

- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Star Wars)
    By Alexander Freed

12. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    So that Mandalorian Kom'rk Class comes in different sizes?

13. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Yes, I assume there's a fighter variant and a drop-ship variant we see Death Watch using when they attack Mustafar, Nal Hutta, and Tatooine.

14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Just seems a little generic to me....would have preferred if they went thru all the concept art and found something else.

15. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Old EU dropship the Mandalorian Protectors had would have been cool to see.

16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Virago/Star Viper would be my 1st choice.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    It's not a Mandalorian ship though :/ Is it?

18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Built by Mandalmotors

rumsmuggler and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, we were discussing this in the episode thread a little bit ago, back when the preview video first surfaced. I'm also very intrigued by what I hope will be a canonical depiction of the Protectors. It's very exciting!

My fanboy wish is for Filoni to surprise the heck out of us and have Fenn Shysa show up. That's all-but-certain to remain to remain unrealized, of course. But I actually really like the idea of Korkie (though my, how I still dislike that name) and his crew returning to the fold. That would be something. And I'm curious about the notion of seeing the Death Watch (and Clan Vizsla, specifically) showing up. I just find myself very interested in where the lore will find the name "Vizsla" (and more generally, Death Watch as an organization) some fifteen+ years after the fall of their former leader. I hope that it's for more than a name-check, alone: You know, giving Sabine an opponent with the name Viszla, just to ensure that we will intuitively understand that this is someone formidable. I hope that if the show's producers are bothering to resurrect the name, it is for reasons which run a little deeper than just that.

Let's see... I guess I'd also be at least mildly interested in seeing Bo-Katan Kryze? Though unlike with the Death Watch (where we had multiple arcs over three seasons -- plus much supplemental material -- to get to know the group), I'm not exactly tripping over myself with interest in the fate of Kryze or the Nite Owls splinter group. Character-wise, whatever we are going to learn about Sabine Wren in this story is clearly more important. And as far as the lore is concerned, finally getting to learn anything (canonical) at all about how Mandalore functioned during Palpatine's New Order is the real prize for me. If Bo or anyone from the NO are the party now influencing affairs on Mandalore? Terrific, I want to know about it. If it's someone else? So be it. I won't be crying "Plot Hole!" if we don't get caught up with Kryze or the NO this time out.

That said, one of the things I do enjoy is seeing Rebels make the effort to include characters/story lines who didn't get a "proper" finale in TCW. That, and I'm always up for anything Mando getting time on the screen, in general, so I certainly wouldn't balk at it, either. I suppose that when it comes to Bo-Katan Kryze right now, I'm ambivalent. [face_dunno]

Now, whether any of these things will tie into the concept of the Mandalorian Protectors as we have gotten to know them, I could not say? But I'd like to think they might. And I can't wait to see what they have planed.

20. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm personally curious if the Death Watch still has a present on Mandalore by 5 BBY. They're active until atleast a bit after the Battle Of Hoth, as mentioned in Twilight Company but I'd by surprised by 2 Mandalorian factions on the planet at the same time. And I'm guessing the Protectors or whatever the new Mandalorian faction is will end up just being Bo-Katan's Mamdalorian Resistance but made into an official army or defense force. Also what the heck was up with that one guy's pilot looking armor. That was weird. So when is this episode supposed to air? I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Could be that in the new canon you have Death Watch as they have been presented and the Protectors who are actually good guys trying to keep Mandalore safe. After the shenanigans with Maul and the death of Satine I could see Bo Katan having a change of heart and wanting to set Mandalore right.

On a side note....neither the New Mandalorian Pacifists nor the Death Watch had it right.

Pacifism is all well and good provided everyone in existing shares the belief...otherwise you open yourself up to people who think you are weak and will take advantage of and abuse you.

Full on militarism will just get everyone around you miffed off and they will get together and jack your world up.

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I would like to see some of the Mandalorians become honorable warrior mercenaries, like Jaster Mereel's group was in the EU.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The dudes in the cartoon look comprised of former members of the Death Watch or a splinter group of survivors. There may be some similarities to the old Marvel run but I expect it be along the lines of Death Watch we saw on TCW rather than EU/Legends based.

24. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Maul incoming? :D Or at least an indirect mention of his character? A reference of some sort?

thatotherjedi likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I won't be surprised if someone mentions Maul in some way while they are fighting on mandalore.