main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mandalorian Protectors

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Star Wars 69: Death in the City of Bone. Fenn Shysa and his Mandalorian resistance forces battling the Suprema and his Imperial slavers.

Gimme some of that, Mr. Filoni! Well, something inspired by it, anyway. [face_praying]

Extra bonus points if these new "Protectors" (whoever they turn out to be) are headquartered in a hidden forest encampment. :D (Do they even have any trees left in those domes on the canonical Mandalore? I forget.)

----------

I'd welcome that.

Gamiel likes this.
  2. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm guessing this is the what the Protectors we will see will end up being like. More akin to the Empire era Mandalorian Protectors than the CIS era Mandalorians.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Hope so.

And speaking of, did you happen to notice this?

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...lers-allowed.50011239/page-1108#post-53091009

[face_thinking]

4. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    MOTHER OF MANDALORE!!!! A MANDALORIAN COULD BE PROTAGONIST!!! And his name is an awesome EU reference!!! That is awesome, if only he hair jaig eyes. One thing though, that guy looks an awful lot like the guy Sabine and Hera sorta blew up in the sneak peak of the episode... And even if that's not him by the pictures of him we've seen he might just be a pilot. Against Rebels seemingly making everything into a space battle -_- Here's to hoping he is a protagonist and a soldier of some kind.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Indeed. Here's to hoping. :)

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This. Is. Awesome.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Knowing Filoni he will base a whole episode off him then kill him.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  8. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Sadly. Let's hope he's got a longer lifespan than Vizsla.

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If they go by the old canon and Fenn is the one leading the Mando Rebellion on Mandolore, that brings up an interesing question
    Where is Bo-Katan ? [face_thinking]

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I hope they use the old accent.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Then she is dead as I bet, because she would be a target as she was the acting bad of mandalore and was already rebellious.

12. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Doubt he is leading the Protectors. Remember the Season 2 NYCC trailer where we first found out Sabine was from Clan Vizsla? It had that one Mando guy with black gear and he looked sorta old? He looked sorta leaderly. Also if what we've seen of him is, well, him and not just stand in aesthetics (meaning the the things on the Rebels Recon game), he looks sorta like a standard grunt. Nothing special like the sword or cape that Vizsla had. But it's highly unlikely that's the case. My guess is he will be a soldier under whoever the leader is. I do hope we see Bo-Katan though, it would be disappointing not to.

British accent wouldn't be bad. But I doubt it.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  14. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Awesome. This is gonna be awesome. Is the Mandalorian episode going to be the premiere episode when the break ends?
    Also why have they released the music already :/ seems sorta strange.

15. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Some,thing I just noticed about Fenn's helmet.
    [​IMG]
    The little red symbol at first only looked like a weird face to me but after looking at it again it shares some similarities to the Death Watch/Shreik Hawk insignia or possibly a more intimidating or crude drawing of the iconic Mythosaur skull. I personally want to see some of the Mandalorian Protector have it, possibly reestablish that connection between the Mandalorians and the Fetts in the new canon. Sorta inferring that Boba would have been a part of the group at one point.

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    They released a lot of the music for the new season early. It might be just how they are doing things now.

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Looking forward to this episode and the remainder of the season.

lookameatbag and darklordoftech like this.
  18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Kevin Kiner is really talented, that soundtrack (Especially The Protectors) is almost John Williams quality :)

19. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    It is a really good soundtrack. I find like a mix between the music from the OT and TCW.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also anyone notice how at some points the song sounds sort of like the music on Kamino? Hmm.

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Yes, it sounds like out've AOTC and TFU(which also heavily used Williams scores).

22. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    So this was just posted by a resourceful member in the Rebels thread-

Yeah I don't think it's gonna be the Mandalorian Protectors, maybe concepts from them but it's probably gonna be drastically different.
    1. The group of Mandalorians is apparently going to be on Concord Dawn, which reminds me more of the Journeyman Protectors.
    2. The episode title also alludes that Protector could just be a title.
    While the findings are interesting, it's sorta disappointing we probably won't be seeing the Mandalorian Protectors in name. Well at least we get to see Concord Dawn, that was one of the planet I wanted to see in TCW.

rumsmuggler and darklordoftech like this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder how, if at all, the Fetts tie into this.

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    If they have Mandalorians from Concord Dawn, then hopefully Fett will regain his Mando status.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

25. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Jango Fett atleast.

Imagine if we learned Boba spent a while with this Protectors group on Concord Dawn...