main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mandalorian Protectors

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 2, 2016.

1. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Wasn't Jango confirmed to not be Mandalorian in TCW?

There's still hope for Boba, though.

2. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Well I wouldn't say confirmed. The way Almec said it was sort of in the way you'd try to explain an embarrassing cousin not being related to you. And it's not like Almec of all people would know how Jango got that armor. He's canonically still from Concord Dawn, so we could see some connections made.

lookameatbag and rumsmuggler like this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    No, neither Jango nor Boba Fett are Mandalorians as established in TCW(Lucas and Filoni). Possible they may change it but there is nothing that supports that direction currently.

4. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Well besides Concord Dawn being Jango's home planet, but still there's nothing else.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    And his helmet and armor was based on early Fett sketches iirc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Unfortunately though the helmet was a generic personal taste pick by Kenobi in an army and navy store for mercs,lol.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  8. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Cad Bane picked up a Mandalorian WESTAR rifle also. He should've gotten the fedora :p

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have a feeling he won't and that we will learn that even though he was born on a Mandalorian planet he never thought of himself as one of the "old warriors"

rumsmuggler and darklordoftech like this.
  10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I guess we will find out soon enough.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Can't help it; any coupling of Protectors and Concord Dawn is naturally going to call the Journeyman Protectors to mind.

Which, while somewhat different from what we were originally thinking, is still incredibly cool.

Oh, I hope so. I love Boba (and Jango, too; but my first Fett love is certainly Boba) and I'd be thrilled to see Fett regain some semblance of, as you say, 'Mando status' (beyond simply donning the armor). Usually I'm not in favor of doing an end-around on the 'Maker, but in this case, I'd be in support of the idea.

=P~ Too cool, brother.

----------

I know I've said it before, but I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Now, full disclosure time: My more cynical side is still telling me that, before I get myself too excited about this, I would be wise to maybe wait first to see that the producers aren't simply taking fan-favorite references (Mando, Protectors, Vizsla, Concord Dawn, etc.) and using them as an enticing kind of dressing over what would otherwise amount to a standard, bad-guy-of-the-week villain(s) for the heroic crew of the Ghost to defeat. That would be a real bummer.

But I'm choosing to remain optimistic. :)

ARC_RC-7567 and darklordoftech like this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to merge the Mandalorian Protector and Journeyman Protector concepts to make things less confusing.

ARC_RC-7567 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And also I hope that the Protectors are just another splinter faction of death watch instead of being separate from DW during the Clone wars because that would not make much sense. Even though this would not really go well with the Protectors from legends.

14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Oh my god I hope Boba is a bad ass lawman on Concord Dawn who is somehow dragged into a Mando conflict

15. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm assuming it will be that, they seem to be a lot more rooted in Mandalorian culture and have more of the military like tendencies and equipment. The Journeyman Protectors were more or less comparable to federal police.

While I would like them to have been a faction during the Clone Wars, they will probably be connected to Death Watch as a splinter faction or what became of the Mandalorian Resistance led by Bo-Katan. If they do happen to be a Clone Wars era group, it could make sense since they are based on Concord Dawn, not Mandalore.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    So from the looks of the new trailer it seems these Protectors are gonna end up as antagonists of some sort...

17. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Cross-posted from Lit since it's come up here...

The Databank just super lowkey confirmed Jango and Boba as Mandalorians. Like, in plain open language, but in a weird as hell place to do it.
    "The Z-6 Jetpack was the preferred jetpack of Mandalorian commandos across the galaxy, from the more organized sects like Death Watch to the outliers on the fringe, like Jango Fett and Boba Fett."

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still not going to believe it until its actually said somewhere thats not the databank.

19. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    lol Okay.
    One canon though, right?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes, but the Databank has made mistakes before.

We shall soon find out by any rate.

21. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I still think they should be considered canon unless anything else outright states it.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just in case I tweeted both Pablo Hildago and Rebels recon if luck is with me I will get an answer.

Embomania likes this.
  23. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Good idea, now to wait for the next Rebels Recon. How long after the episodes do they come out?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Right after they finish airing. so at 9:30 PM EST.

25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    For a question like this I think they might wait til the actual Mandalorian episode.