main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Mandalorian Wars - Anthology Movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by staticdash22, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staticdash22

staticdash22 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    How cool would it be to get a movie or a few about this piece of the star wars timeline? Now, I'm basing my excitement and knowledge off what we know in canon so far, in the clone wars TV show. It was cool to see obi wan touring the place and kinda awkward to look at that Neo Crusader Mural in the throne room on Sundari. Talk about lol.

Anyway, I would start this movie just prior to the official conflict and build up the old republic's growing tensions with these "warrior people". This would give us new themes to explore in star wars, different kind of visual aesthetic since the mandalorians we know tend to use the color blue and white lot. We could get a more brutal take on the series. Dial back on the technology a bit since it takes place a few thousand years before the clone wars, and rely more on landscapes that push that traveling warrior, samurai feel. Lots of small skirmishes, village visiting where we see examples of the mandalorian way of life. Less of the "grand feeling" of star wars and more like the movie sword of destiny on Netflix. Obviously with a dialed back form of fighting, and a little more sci fi. It could be a story of Jedi, resembling more of samurai during this era, versus a brutal, warrior people. Nobility and serenity versus aggression.
    Also, I would use this time to introduce the zygerrian slave empire from the clone wars, being in league with the Mandos.

What do y'all think?

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Mandalorians?

I think Boba & Jango Fett are enough for me, I have zero interest in them.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    actually they aren't mandos.

4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    This is a great idea. The Mando wars and the Jedi/Republic's place in them is a really interesting moral debate and I would love to see that finally be shown first hand.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Technically Jango is as he's from Concord Dawn, a world populated by Mandalorians and ruled/run by the Journeyman Protectors. When Jango gained notoriety for being an assassin the Government of Mandalore disowned him, whether he was a Journeyman Protector hasn't been revealed yet but it's likely, as the place he attained his armour and skills.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I think Mandaloria and maybe a Mandalorian army will have to feature in an Anthology standalone perhaps? Maybe the Han Solo one?. I certainly do not feel such a premise could confidently command a SW standalone.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd personally love a standalone pic like this, but I'm likely part of a very narrow market in that sense.

Now, make an Old Republic film or three, with the Mandalorians as a powerful and influential third faction, pitting themselves against both the Jedi and Sith armies of yore? Well, my hunch is you might successfully feature the Mandos as a major element in interesting and exciting ways, but without asking them to carry the story all on their own.

I'd be first in line for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.