main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Mandalorians are pacificists?!?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I was poking around theforce.net site today and I found a piece of info that was quite intriguing. Seems that in the Clone Wars series the Mandalorians are pacifists?? This is from Karen Traviss' blog, where she mentions that the new Mandalorian canon doesn't mesh with what she was going to have in her new 501st Commando book:

"I was told that the Mandalorians were being revamped as long-standing pacifists who'd given up fighting centuries ago and that Mandalore was now a post-apocalyptic wasteland devastated by war."

Hmm. If this is the case, then what's up with Mandalorian armor and all the fancy toys and weapons Boba and Jango Fett have? I'm really wondering how all this is going to go over with the Star Wars community where it has been long accepted that Mandalorians have been a warrior based society.

Any thought?

2. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    There is a thread on the whole idea that might help out.

http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/30565717/p1

I'm really not to keen on the idea of hippie Mandalorians.

3. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    I saw that too and thought it was kind of dumb. If you read legacy of the force, the mandos are alive and kicking, and not to mention they even have farms on their supposed "post apocalyptic" planet...

I just choose to ignore stuff like that :)

4. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I second that.... lol

Next..

Dumb idea...

Later,
    TK

5. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    WELL THATS A BUNCH OF B.S.If thats the way its going to be Kind of makes the EWOKS tougher then MANDOS

6. Gus3

Gus3 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2008
    Actually the New Mandalorians don't really contradict the cannon. According to wookiepedia:

The New Mandalorians were formed about 730 years before the Battle of Yavin, following a war between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorians, that devastated Mandalore. The New Mandalorians did away with the old warrior codes that the Mandalorians had followed, instead claiming that the only way the Mandalorians could survive was through being peaceful, neutral and tolerant. Under the influence of the New Mandalorians, the traditional Mandalorian armor became a rare sight on Kalevala, with only a few people choosing the old ways.

There were three Mandalorian factions around this time. The True Mandalorians, also known as Supercommandos, followed the original warrior traditions and were led by Mandalore. The Death Watch, who were pretty much savage raiders, were a splinter faction led by Tor Vizsla. And the New Mandalorians, led by Satine. Jango Fett was one of the last surviving True Mandalorians after they had been wiped out by Count Dooku and the Jedi at the Battle of Galidraan. What we're going to see in next weeks episode is the Death Watch's attempt to take down the New Mandalorians.

Some time after this, the former ARC trooper Alpha-Ø2, also known by the name Spar, will eventually take the tittle of Mandalore the Resurrector. Wookiepedia says:

When war broke out and Jango Fett was killed in the Battle of Geonosis, Spar realized he needed to reform the Mandalorian Supercommandos and traveled to the planet Mandalore. After overcoming the pacifist movement of Duchess Satine, Spar became Mandalore and formed the Mandalorian Protectors, recruiting 200 police from Mandalore?including Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala?and a dozen former Death Watch members. He took the name "Mandalore the Resurrector" as a sign he would honor the old traditions of the Mandalorians. Hating the Jedi for their killing of Mandalorians at the Battle of Galidraan, Spar joined the war on the side of the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

The Mandalorians being refereed to "pacifists" is probably because they're the only ones who the Republic officially recognize as a political faction.

7. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    thanks that was helpfull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.