main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mandalorians

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Human or not ?

In the Sith War comic, they definitively aren't, but yet, in WotC's core rulebook, they're referenced under humans...

So what ?

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Interesting.......Jango and Boba are Human, but the fact that the Mandalorians have their uniqe culture from their own planet tells me the origanal were alien.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    umm...Mandalorian armor does not a Mandalorian make?

4. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    i would say that they are human... mainly because of the proportions of their armor we have seen.

jango and boba are both human and seem to fit into the armor without problems.

of couse they could be like the chiss and be humanoid but not human or maybe boba and jango modified their armor...

i would still say human though.

5. Warrior-of-the-Sith

Warrior-of-the-Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Boba isn't Mandalorian, but Jango very well could be. If he is, then they're very similar to humans, if not humans entirely because Boba is Jangos clone (I think... ?[face_plain])

6. HereVilliVilliVilli

HereVilliVilliVilli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    Mandalorians don't always have to be human, and they don't always have to be alien. All it is a brotherhood organization of warriors. Fett at one time joined the mandalorians. His father is said to wear mandalorian armor, in jango fett synopses and www.starwars.com.

7. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "Boba isn't Mandalorian, but Jango very well could be. If he is, then they're very similar to humans, if not humans entirely because Boba is Jangos clone (I think... )"

He was a member of the Mandalorian Army at one point though, according to the Marvel Series.

8. Joba_Fett

Joba_Fett Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2001
    One thing that's been bugging me: do the Mandalorians exist in the NJO? If they do, why haven't they really done anything (that we've heard about anyway)?

9. loontexas

loontexas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2001

perhaps they are like the sith, once a large powerful influencial race which is now dead, but whos culture and ways live on among other beings.

10. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Who says that aliens can't join the mandalorian army?

Perhaps Mandalore was at a point colonised by humans and both races joined in one government. That'd explain the fact that in Marvel they are human, and in [some of] TotJ they are aliens.

11. HereVilliVilliVilli

Aug 18, 2001
    In totj, they seemed to be variety of humanoid species. Some of them could have been human even back then.

12. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I think they're still relatively influential. In the Essential Guide to Vessels and Vehicles, MandalMotors were responsible for making Fett's Slave II and Xixor's Virago . Apparently, during palpatine's era, an Imp friendly director's board was put into place, but after the war, a pro NR board took over. Then again, maybe it was just made up for the guide.

13. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Joba_Fett.

I could be wrong but I don't think there are any/or many Mandalorians left.

In the Bounty Hunter books I'm sure someone paid Boba
    by giving him a pair of Poisoned Dart shooting cufflings,
    and Fett seems to be impressed because they're so rare.

Also I think it mentions somewhere in one of the Bounty Hunter books
    that there's only one other person that Fett knows of who wears
    Mandalorian Armor. ( I can't remember his name :confused: )

I hope this helps :) if not SORRY :(

14. HereVilliVilliVilli

Aug 18, 2001
    In Twin engines of distruction, fett mentions the other mandalorians he knows, "your no fenn shysa, no tobi dalla, your a nobody."

Refrence to marvel mandalorians.

15. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Right, the only other real Mandalorian alive besides Fett is Fenn Shysa. Tobbi Dala died between ESB and ROTJ.

16. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    Mavrick 889

Is Boba Fett a real Mandalorian? :confused:

I thought that he stole the armor or something like that?

I don't read the comics so I don't know if I've missed something?

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

17. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "Is Boba Fett a real Mandalorian? "

According to the Marvel comic book series issue 67 he is (and yes, they are canon). One can surmise that after Episode II, Boba Fett fought alongside the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars, and left after the final battle on Mandalore.

18. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    THANX Mav

That clears up a few loose ends :D :D :D :D :D

19. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Weren't the Mandalorians defeated and wiped out by the Jedi. I think it says this in the SW Encyclopedia. I know that Boba Fett isn't of these people and that he just wears their body armor. The Mandalorians were fierce warriors but the thing that I am wondering is that did they have the Force like the ancient race of the Sith.

20. HereVilliVilliVilli

Aug 18, 2001
    fett, shysa, and dala were the only survivors of the mandalorians after there warriors were wiped out by the jedi. See marvel, and EG to characters for more information as I remember.

21. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    listen i am a big fan of the EU and i do believe that it is canon... but lets not all be to hasty... yes marvel did say boba fett was madalorian but AOTC can very well disprove that.

also can someone please post a timeline for the events of boba fett....

i had thought that mandalorians were wiped out by the old jedi council. That would be at least 20 years before ANH... now do the math to NJO.....

he has to be at least 18 to be a mandalorian. So we can assume he is around 36 at ANH. So he is in his late 50s now...

doesnt really make sense to me...

22. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Hmm, if the Mandalorians were not human, then could someone explain what they look like. Then again, I don't know if this is possible judging how their armor covers their entire bodies. Then AGAIN, I don't know if all Madalorian armors look like Jango and Boba Fetts. If all their armors do look like that, then I guess the term "unique" doesn't exist among the Madalorians, 8-}.

23. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Actually, I believe Fett is refered to as being a member of the Mandalorian Super Commandos.

However, as has been brought up, Mandalorians may not be human at all, but an alien race. Chronologically speaking, Mandalorians would seem to first show up during the TOTJ era. However, after the Great Sith War, they could have begun accepting others into their ranks, much like the ancient Dark Jedi arrived in the Sith Empire and became their lords. Then you could end up with the blood of true Mandalorians being mingled with the blood of others, thus making it hard to distinguish the difference.

Also, Mandalorian warriors could have become a nonForce-user equivalent of the Sith. After the Fall of the Sith Empire, the Sith were virtually gone. Exar Kun was the first Sith Lord in about a thousand years. Yet he was not of Sith lineage, which it seems the older Sith Lords eventually were (tt is mentioned somewhere that the Sith and Dark Jedi intermingled to the point that by 5,000 BBY there were few pure blooded Sith left). And while his new Sith Order had Sith teachings, and folks who had served the last Dark Lord, none of them were true Sith. This could be what eventually happened with the Mandalorians.

24. UCLAJediMaster

Feb 16, 2001
    i definetly agree that the mandalorians are the non force sensitive equivalent of the sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.