Bing, NY Mando Names

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TreborGahKor, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Okay, so we talked about this a little at our "build party" at Ian's house, but we all agreed that we were going to be of the same Mando "lineage", correct? If that's the case our family name would be Falco. So, with that in mind, how's this for a Mando Name (I'm picking one out for my "persona"):
    Calphalon Falco

What do you all think? Other than the fact that I may be getting way to geeky here!
  2. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How are you pronouncing the first name?

Cal-phalon or Calph-alon or something else?

~Doc_Bev
  3. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Where did you get the first name from?

As far as I know it is a brand of cookware.

Flaming mando and cookware!!! Make us a bacon sandwich
  4. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    First off, yes, it would be pronounced: cal-phalon. And yes, I got the idea while watching a commercial for calphalon cookware. Do you think it's too obvious. I thought it may not be as obvious as "Faberware Falon". I'm looking for something original, but barely recognizable. Maybe I need to rethink this to avoid the cooking jokes. LOL!!
  5. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    How about Kal Falco

GEEK WARNING!!!

Ok I got this from using part of Supermans real name Kal'el. It's also Korean for sword. You would be the Curved Sword(Falco means Sickle or curved) and Kal would be sword.

I know geekdome gone mad.
  6. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Okay, I'll now ad to the geekdom!! Remember that I'm going to be a Mandalorian Slicer? Well what better way to represent that than to be the curved sword? Slicer, sword? Everyone get it? I thought it was pretty funny!!
  7. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Why do you think I came up with it :}
  8. JagVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    WOW......... GEEEEEKKKKKSSSSS...[face_laugh] LOL
  9. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well that is two of the clan how about the rest of us?
  10. JagVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, your right...38 years old and still running around as Vader and now a Mando...Point taken... Hey, does a Mando need a name or can he be the "The one whom remains nameless"
  11. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Okay, so here's the reason why I want to have Mando names. I guess it's because I have future plans for all of us. If you're willing to indulge me a little. I was thinking that if we were going to be a "squad" (with Karen included) then I would like to make a backstory to said squad. When we all have had a chance to work on and get our backstory worked out, I would then like to make a series of Star Wars audio dramas that would give our collective backstories, and maybe using each of you as the voices behind the drama? Then, if you're all still into it, I was thinking we could make one or two fanfilms that would either expound on the audio drama story or would take the story to the small screen. What do you all think? I know, geeky and bold, but that's been my life so far!!
  12. JagVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    You know what.... What the hell I'm up for it.. Since one puts so much time, energy, money, blood sweat and tears (Bob I heard about your gaunts:_|) I think it would only be fitting if we did somthing with it other trooping. So why not. lets do it.

the "Nameless one"
  13. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
  14. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am in too!!
    All for one and no one gets out alive but us!
  15. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Awesome!! I knew you guys would come through for me. I'll start working on the idea as soon as I'm done with my costume and finish the backstory for my Jedi Knight character. This will be so cool!! It will be like Republic Commandos, but with Mandalorians. I'm excited about this idea!
  16. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3

Unless Bob drops his helmet....LOL
  17. Renny Jedi Knight

How can I NOT be part of the insanity!! I'm in!! Guess I need lots of help on a Mando suit..I haven't a clue.

LMAo>>No one gets out alive exept us!! That is our new motto eh??
  18. MakanPyralis Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys! I know you guys don't know me, i'm from buffalo. I just checked on your boards bcuz my girlfriend is moving out to binghamton and i wanted to see what you guys where up to. We are working on the mando wedding costumes right now and thought I would chime in on the name idea. A great way for names is babynames.com. You can type a meaning and find several names for the meaning or similar meaning. For my mando I typed things like dark, prince, elements ie wind fire water, etc. and came up with Makan Pyralis (wind, of fire)
  19. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    A mando wedding that will be cool. Well...We meet up once a month, second sunday of the month at B&N on the Vestal parkway. We are currently 5 and are slowly growing.

Events coming up are.

Speidei fest,
    Binghamton Mets Star Wars night.
    Binghamton Zoo. (Should be a good day for the whole family)

We are always looking for new members and stuff to do.

Currently we have 2 mando's with 2 or 3 more in the works.

We would be happy to have you join us.

We also have our own forum and web site.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Old_Repbulic/index.php?act=idx]

20. MakanPyralis Force Ghost

star 4
    here are some pictures from the first time i attempted it, the helmet broke and i gave up on the whole thing...

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/DSC01407.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/DSC01408.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/DSC01415.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/DSC01405.jpg]

I feel like i went a little over board on the weathering...going to avoid as much as that i can! and here is some art i did.

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/MakanLogo2.jpg]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/makanserafina.jpg]not quite finished yet...but i'm working on it!
  21. TreborGahKor CR, Binghamton

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Dude, that looks great!! I love the art work too. Any way we can help you with the costume?
  22. MakanPyralis Force Ghost

star 4
    not right now, its just a matter of getting my lazy butt up to do some work!:oops: i will post pics of my progress on them!
  23. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    It would be kewl to troop with you in your armour.
  24. MakanPyralis Force Ghost

star 4
    I am thinking of coming to the spiede fest (spelling). i think there might be a few interested in coming up. I don't think my girlfriend will be coming. Her parents are obsessively over protective, even tho shes moving out here at the end of August. And i am moving down to Orlando in October or November for school.
  25. MakanPyralis Force Ghost

star 4
    here is an updated version of the one drawing.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/makanserafinacopy.jpg?t=1181104884
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.