main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Mando/Sith Costume Idea - need a Jedi perspective

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TD-2749, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD-2749

TD-2749 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I was thinking about investing in a more comfortable costume (keeping my Sandtrooper as my main). The MS Walk today was a killer and really showed the need for something a little more forgiving.

Now, since I wear glasses and look nothing like Hayden C., I was wondering how a black Anakin Episode 3 costume would look like with a mandalorian (Fett) type helmet on? Maybe some plain silver gauntlets? Surely at least one of the Mandalorians had force potential after all. I'm thinking a gloss black helmet with silver mandibles and ears. It would give me a good excuse to carry a red lightsaber while still hiding my face so I don't scare the kiddies at events. LOL

Thoughts?

2. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    To hide glasses as a Jedi, I've been debating on making a Plo Koon style mask, but it is fairly tough to get right.

The gauntlets would look good, but the helmet might be a bit much. However, Obi-wan did wear clone armour in the cartoon, so there is a precedent. Sasee Tin (?) wears a helmet in the toon too, so that might be a good source for inspiration.

3. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Curious... it sounds like this could come off pretty well. I'd want to add a couple plates though, just to keep the flow.

Speaking of costumes - I need something as a floor costume for Con (other than the elf - there's 4 days, after all). Something comfortable, fun and maybe even a little bit sexy, that doesn't require a whole lot of time. Cost is not really an issue. Anyone have any input?

4. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Hmmm. It is true you don't usually think of helmets along with SW knightly gear. The references to Jedi in armour from the Clone Wars are interesting (I still haven't seen it) and I'd definitely look into that for inspiration.

I agree as well that you should consider adding more armour plates or (other Mando touches? different utility belt?) to the rest of the costume too - gives it better flow - you don't want to look like a confused fan who just decided to pop their Fett helmet on their Jedi costume :).

SithatHeart - there's nothing more comfortable and sexy than a Jedi! You don't even need a wig! Come on, you know you wanna! :)

Ok, here are some other ideas:

Star Wars - Imperial Officer - like Admiral Daala, can definitely be sexy:
    http://multimedia.theforce.net/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Expanded_Universe/Characters_Female/Daala&image=Admiral_Daala.jpg&img=&tt=

Non-StarWars ideas:

"Browncoat" from the TV series Firefly, upcoming movie Serenity - sorta western gear:
    http://gallery.angel-btvs.co.uk/displayimage.php?album=233&pos=7
    http://gallery.angel-btvs.co.uk/displayimage.php?album=233&pos=9

"Elf" sounds like you've got - For comfort I'd go for either Legolas-esque or Arwen-Flight-to-the-Ford.

My personal plans for comfortable hall costumes involve combinations of: Jedi, Eowyn (Helms Deep refugee outfit), Frodo (does have wig tho!), generic Elf, Browncoat (might be done by then).

But seriously, consider a Jedi!

Jen

5. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    OOoo! Jen, I can't wait to see you as Frodo.

SithatHeart - Comfortable? Sexy? What about the yellow jumpsuit that Uma Therman wears in Kill Bill vol. 1? You wouldn't need a wig for that, either. ;)

(Sorry, TD-2749, for getting off-topic!)

I agree that, without extra plates an belt, you might come across as a confused fan who didn't know what to wear.

I say, wear your glasses with your Jedi costume and be proud. DrHaggis wore his, and it all worked well.

6. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    very cool so td-2749 does that mean I'll see your sandy on ebay soon lol.

About the masks some time in the near future I will be starting to make masks out of laytex I was an art manger and I just thought it would be fun to start doing the aliens in star wars then work my way out into other sci stuff as I go.

7. TD-2749

TD-2749 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Thanks for the advice. I've opted to do a Baron Fel TIE pilot costume as my back-up.

As for the Alexandertrooper guy, someone phone around to the surroundng villages and see if one of them is missing thier idiot. he...hehe....muah....muahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

8. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Behave, you two....:p

9. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    alexandertrooper - Cool. I've been making a couple latex prosthetics myself (Orcs) but so far no full face masks. Have you ever done a head cast before? What sort of latex were you thinking of using?
    Jen

10. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I did some years ago in high school but as of now its more or less looking into it again before I start doing it kinda thing. I don't want to make these masks cheapy I want one them to look top notch but when I start I'll let you now. Maybe I'll even look into doing some orc stuff down the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.