main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Mane Event - An Asajj Ventress and Mace Windu Love Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ISenseAPlot, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISenseAPlot

ISenseAPlot Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
  2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, fascinating idea.

3. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

My goal is to find a lady for every jedi on the force. LOL

SW love stories. Ahh, so sweet and so tragic.

I think asajj and Mace would make a cute couple. Good bordering evil, matched with all out evil.

Aww *gush*

4. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow, Star War stories are very therapuetic (sp?) A friend of mine read both stories (the obi wan love story and the ventress one) and made some really interesting observations that I couldn't help realizing that she totally analyze me if she knew my background.

What my friend doesn't know is that I WAS abandoned by both of my parents (for the record, these are people who had money, thus no excuses).

So, I wonder in writing these female characters for my little star war stories is it somehow therapeutic for me.

After pointing out the consistenies in my character backgrounds, that I am probably writing from my core in a way.

Wow. I might fire my therapist now. LOL

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Asajj Ventress a princess!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really enjoyed this story. You did a great job coming up with a reason for her intense hatred of the Jedi.

nice job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    Thanks Kelia. I'm still trying to work on this story so it flows smoother.

I love your babysitting themes! What a cute idea. I'm going to read your obi wan one and post in your thread.

7. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    Kelia. I clikced on your obi link and something that l ooked like a java chat room opened. What was that?

i closed it because my computer is old as dirt. What forum is it in?

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wow, very interesting. Your view on Ventress adds a lot of background to how she got to be the person she later turns into. And how very characteristically undiplomatic of Mace to rebutt her advances that way (jerk). ;)

One question, though: If she'd spent a lot of time around Mace, shouldn't he have noticed at some point that she was Force sensitive?

9. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    Excellent point Mara.

When I wrote it, I wanted so badly for her to grab his light saber and try to swipe him with it for rebuffing her that way (like my christa character fought obi wan when she realized she couldn't have him), and perhaps Mace could have noticed something in her then.

Everytime I read it, I change it and then add more. I am thinking about adding something to that last scene to give it more energy, and perhaps to foreshadow what she becomes.

Thanks!

10. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    Time to update this story again. I'm a woman obsessed with completing a story that's already been completed LOL

11. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    Story updated. :oops: <---- Just kidding about the ---> :oops:

I took mara's advice.

12. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    I wonder if there are more WRITERS here than readers. I noticed in my lurking habits, that people tend to critique stories, where they think they will get a reply to their own.

But writing in general is to have an audience, but if your audience is not reading for the pleasure and enjoyment of doing so, but merely to have their own work read (Ie, not for their own enjoyment), is it worth sharing your work with them?

I think in general this site would be great as a peer workshop where writers cannot post their own work, unless they have reviewed four other stories.

That way, the stories are getting the feedback they need/audience. And the writers are choosing stories they actually might enjoy reading, as opposed to popping in hoping to get a read on their own.

I only read the stories I like, thus, I don't get very many responses on my own because I am not networking and building relationships in my more honest approach.

Wouldn't it be great if the moderators could set the forums up in such a way that it is a peer review workshop for fanfiction as opposed to just posting fanfiction for other writers who are not as interested in reading as they are in being read?

This is not a knock on anybody. I just happen to write other material (ie, non star wars) and I use a different website for peer reviews and it's great, and people don't have to relentlessly promote their materials for others to read it.

13. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005

I agree, definitely see what you're getting at here. And I admit, I have been guilty of that. Most of the stories I read are for my own enjoyment, but there have been some where I just pop in to get my name known. I don't want to, it's just that, I don't have a lot of viewers for my stories so I figured this is the only way for anyone to know about me. And you just said above that's why people do it, you're right, I agree ;)

By the way, I'm not doing this to just pop in right now! :D, but great story, honestly. I don't read Mace stories much, and I've never read a Mace love story before, so I'm excited to read more for my own enjoyment. Great job ;) =D=

14. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    Hey , thanks. Yeah, I felt it would be very fake to comment insincerely. That isn't to say, stories I don't comment on are bad. I just read from the titles, if the concept is interesting to me and I read. If I leave a comment it's from the heart [face_love] .

I don't think you're doing that in popping in here. Because, the title had to catch your attention for you to even see the post you're responding to. nd you took the time to comment on what I wrote here, so that says a lot.

15. lost_jedii

May 30, 2005
    I think it's awesome that you leave comments from the heart [face_love] Those are the best because then you know the person really liked your story and the comment was real. :) Thank you, I'm glad you think so, cause I'm not popping in right now :p Thanks again :) And, I agree with that too, titles do say a lot. (No wonder it takes me like a month to come up with a title for a new story! :p). Update soon please! :D :D

16. ISenseAPlot

Aug 23, 2005
    well, one day you can join me and my friends (who are not on this website fyi) with your writings. We have a ton of fun emailing each other and just talking about our stories and gushing about this, that or the other.

We're girls, a few guys and it's fun. Pm me if you want to do some star wars fic writing with us.

17. lost_jedii

May 30, 2005
    Thanks! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I really appreciate that :) I would love to as soon as I actually get a good story down :p But sometime that'd be really awesome :D, I'm sure all the stories you and your friends write and discuss are really great ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.