main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mankind Being Exterminated, Time to Kick Some Butt: The Halo 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Miin_Bodenna, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    [image=http://www.allxbox.com/news/stories/img/halo2_200x252.jpg]

Ever since Halo 2 was announced way back when, and with the trailer released at X02 I know all Halo fans were stoked about Halo 2.

I mean, come one, it?s got to be impossible to not be excited about Halo 2. Having Xbox live capability, being able to do multiple actions like flipping over tables and what not for cover. Elites being able to climb pillars and walls. New Weapons. New Vehicles. Being able to fly Banshees in multiplayer.

This game is going to rock.

Some of you may have remembered the old Halo 2 discussion thread, well it?s lost, and JP has allowed me to create this thread in it?s replace.

Some of you may have already seen this some maybe not, but the Official Xbox Magazine has received exclusive coverage before E3. And the Official Xbox Magazine has scanned the pages, either out of generosity or stupidity. If you haven?t found them, you can find the links to the pictures below?

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7
    Page 8
    Page 9
    Page 10

I didn?t put them as pictures because even on Broadband the pictures took awhile to load, and had sympathy for the 56kers. Beware; these pictures are I think 1024x768.

What it talks in the articles are some really cool features, like being able to carry two weapons, and they don?t have to be the same. You can charge up a plasma pistol too take out the elites shielding, and then finish him up with the assault rifle.

Another cool is that, you no longer have to drive! You can put marines in control of the vehicles while you man the gun or sit on the side of a tank.

And yes, i realize it's missing a page, i'm still looking for it.

2. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    this game is going to rock all kinds of ways.

Flawless Cowboy

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I wish I could get an X Box before this game comes out.

Forcebewitya!

4. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I'M STOKED!!!!!

5. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    HALO 2 will, sadly, come out sometime on 2004. I'm sure you'll be able to get yourself a Xbox by then, Forcebewitya. In fact, get it now. There's so many other games that validate having an Xbox now. Halo 1, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Mechassault, Clone Wars Live! Indy Jones...and of course, next year sweetness.

So go get it! :D

6. JediHobbit

Mar 2, 2002
    Alright, I know the online multiplayer in HALO 2 will allow for people to play as Covenant and people to play as SPARTANs (which is super sweet), but will it allow for AI bots to be set if you aren't playing multiplayer online. Does anybody know?

I felt that this was the only fault with the multiplayer in HALO. It got kinda boring when it was just me and my roommate killing each other. Mostly him whomping on me though. :( More players makes it more interesting, and AI bots would do this. However, I know it's probably a bit more difficult to properly program AI for various multiplayer modes.

7. Invid_Clone

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, at least you had someone to play with, JediHobbit. The most I can do with Halo is replay the sp campaign over and over (which isn't too bad, for now). I'm hoping I can set up a connection for Live! by the time Halo 2 is released. But AI bots to play with would definitely be a good idea.

8. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    This game isn't only going to be a great game---It is THE game for Xbox. I think we really should be looking at Halo 2 as the definitive "must have" game for the console. Along with the great options already available in the article (And via websites), I need to have one final piece of information to make my mind up that this game will be practically perfect:

Will Halo 2 support 2-16 players via either LAN or System Link, like Halo before it?

With so many games with Xbox Live! compatibility having less offline support than ever, I'm worried that Bungie will foresake it's offline capability (Even though many of us online gamers still enjoy to gather up our friends to play at our homes) in place of the Live gameplay. I hope that they don't take a step back (Which is what it would be, IMO), especially since the Brute Force team is programming the same offline support Halo had into their game.

9. JediHobbit

Mar 2, 2002
    Agreed. We play HALO via the school's LAN whenever we get a chance, and it's a blast. We like playing with the guys directly across the hall so that we can yell at and taunt each other. 8-}

10. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I am obsessed w/ Halo. Halo 2 will pwn.

[image=http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/472/1034030509.jpg]

w00t!!!

11. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    Aragorn said it best.

12. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    The only thing I've been disappointed in by Halo 2 was the pushing back of the release date. I'm really looking forward to our first Xbox party with Halo 2 in the mix.

13. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    Hey Miin, what magizine did you get those pics out of?

14. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    Offical Xbox Magazine

15. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Awesome Preview.

Good preview that summerizes all the info for the upcoming game, so for those who haven't attemped to memorize any and all info on the net bout Halo 2, this has some good stuff.

16. Invid_Clone

Jul 14, 2002
    Oh yeah. Master Chief Spartan 117 is da man. And that's one mighty damn BIG GUN he has there. :D

17. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Have any of you read the books? I have both of them, thought they were good.

18. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    Theres 2 of them! I read the first one and realy enjoyed it, but I didn't know there is a 2nd one.

19. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    I read the first one and thought it pwnt.

The second one is the game basically IIRC.

20. portman_is_so_fine

Apr 28, 2002
    Sorry to bother you agian Miin, but what issue of Official Xbox Magizine. I want to pick it up.

21. General_Flagg

General_Flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Halo 2 will almost assuredly be a very, very awesome game. Halo was an awesome game in of itself but still. To quote: "'Halo 2' is a lot like 'Halo', only it's 'Halo' on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas," explained Jason Jones, the head of Bungie Studios, "and the ninjas are all on fire, too." This sounds really crazy and messed up, but it does give the sense of how good it is going to be Lol.

22. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
    I really don't know, i just found the scans on the internet.

23. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    portman_is_so_fine, here is what the cover looks like. I think it is the June issue:

[image=http://www.bungie.net/images/site/bnet/news_images/news_oxm.gif]

24. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Halo: The Flood, cover's what happens in the game, but to a larger scale. First, you get more of the Master Cheif's thoughts. Also, From Covenant perspective, and, what all the other marines were doing while the Chief was busy. They did quite a bit, almost making it off Halo before it blew....

I love both the books.

25. Miin_Bodenna

Feb 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.