main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mankind Being Exterminated, Time to Kick Some Butt: The Halo 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Miin_Bodenna, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    So 2 of my friends have already beat this game in one day!

What the heck! Talk about a disappointing ending, it's like they are just milking it to buy Halo 3. I've had GTA san andreas for over 2 weeks and I'm still not finished yet!

Anyhoo, Halo 2 is fun as all heck, but way too short and that is a major disappointment.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't understand the complaints about the length. I finished Halo 1 in two days(a few more for Heroic-- never got all the way through on solo Legendary).

3. General-Jawa007

General-Jawa007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
  4. General-Jawa007

General-Jawa007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    I've had GTA san andreas for over 2 weeks and I'm still not finished yet!

Gta games are real long though.

5. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I thought the game was a little short as well (although very enjoyable), but the only real complaint that I have is that the ending is ****. Three years of development for that? Throwing in one more level wouldn't have hurt.

I'm sure there will be a Halo 3 -- the folks at Bungie would be strung up if they didn't make one now -- but if they pull some stunt like making it the launch title for the Xbox 2, I'll be plenty pissed.

Oh well. KOTOR 2 hits shelves in less than a month, and at least with that game I know there will be an ending.

6. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Just played it at a friends.. this game kicks ass!

7. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    Here's a question for everyone-

What does your armor look like?
    What emblems does it have? What color?

8. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    OK, so I've been playing it, and I have yet to see any real differences from the first HALO, which I wasn't a fan of. Anyone want to tell me why I should keep playing?

You're one blind mother******.

Anyone with have a brain can tell it's so different it literally, alienates you.

9. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Mine is:

SPARTAN
    Primary Color: Purple
    Secondary Color: Blue
    Emblam: SPARTAN
    Emblam Primary: Pink
    Emblam Secondary: Green

10. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    me

SPARTAN
    primary armor: steel
    secondary armor: sage
    emblem: delta
    primary emblem: red
    secondary emblem: red

spent about 4 hours on Live tonight. awesome.

11. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I have one of each.

Spartan:
    Primary Color: Steel
    Secondary Color: Orange
    Emblem: Jolly Roger
    Primary Color: Gold
    Secondary Color: White

Elite:
    Primary Color: White
    Secondary Color: Purple
    Emblem: Mark of Shame
    Primary Color: Orange
    Secondary Color: Red

Xbox Live is the shizzle. I've been playing at my friend's Dorm. If everyone could post your gamertag for Halo 2. The tag I'm using is Superspore.

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, seeing that I have work and school and everyday ordinary needs and whatnot, I can't appreciate how short the game is because I simply can't play it non-stop...regardless how much I'd like to. Obviously, in Easy or Normal Mode, you're tougher than your foes or will otherwise have an easier time going about the game. Now, on Heroic and Legendary, let's see how long it takes you to clear an area or otherwise triumph in any engagement with tougher foes. I bet you'll take a few more days going through the game that way. To me, this time around, I would go through Legendary solo if we have a cooler alternate ending like in the previous game. Does anyone know if that's the case with Halo 2?

Obviously, the main draw about the sequel is Xbox Live gaming. Seeing as I had no one to play Halo 1 with, I never enjoyed the multiplayer bliss the game offered. Not so this time around, and so far everything is awesome (except on really crowded battles where lag is most definitely an issue). My tag is Ghostrider1172. Look me up at nights; me and a few buddies are considering forming up a clan, so the more, the merrier.

13. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    The Game is awesome. :D

Even if it does only last 8 hours, its the best FPS that I have played.

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Spartan:
    Primary Color: Sage
    Secondary Color: Steel
    Emblem: Sergeant stripes
    Primary Color: Crimson
    Secondary Color: Crimson

15. JK33

JK33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Can you play multiplayer with bots instead of needing friends around? I remember having more fun with Perfect Dark for my 64 just playing the multiplayer against bots when my buddies weren't around then actually playing the game itself.

Is this possible in Halo 2?

16. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I doubt it. You couldn't even do that in the first Halo.

17. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
  18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Please tell me the levels change somewhat, or have some different backgrounds to look at?

Some of the levels on the first Halo were fun to play, but got confusing after awhile when they all started looking the same.

19. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Yep they have Level Change

On the first Level, it was one of the weirdest levels I have played. I was looking everywhere to see where to go, I wont spoil it for you. The weapons are cool especially the recoil from the gun. :cool:

Its a monster and if it wasn't for doing work on the PC I would be back on it now. Bungee delivered. :D

20. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Did anyone see the second Spartin?

In the cutscean right after you kill Regret, he falls out of the hatch of the phantom.

I saw it but I don't know weather or not my eyes were playing tricks on me.

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

21. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, there are a total of seven surviving Spartans...

...missed it though. I'll have to check.

22. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    LOL, There will be a Halo 3 no doubt.

Well, probably because they have already said there was going to be another but ya know, that's just me.

23. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    I don't have Live but I got the 2-free month trial thingy with my game. I've been leaning towards purchasing the right stuff for my comp to try 'er out, but I've heard the setup for Halo 2 Live really sucks.

My friends tell me you wait a few minutes, then you're stuck in a random level with random people. There's no party match option, unless you feel like going over someone's house and playing with them as a party.

Is this true or are my friends wicked stupid? Because if that's true, I'm not going near Live until they fix it up.

24. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Okay, I hope someone else who has beat this can help me.

So, I beat Halo 2. I watched through the credits, and Cortana was talking to the Graveminder. I didnt hear what she said, because I was on the phone talking to my Dad. I did hear the music get all stringy and scratchy, like something big was revealed. Did anyone hear what she said?

25. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004

The Graveminder asked her something. You would think she would not answer but she answered him without hesitating. (cant remember what he asked...something about halo 1 beilieve. Anyways I think it would just be best to play the last stage on easy so you can beat it quick and watch it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.