main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mankind Being Exterminated, Time to Kick Some Butt: The Halo 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Miin_Bodenna, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General-Jawa007

General-Jawa007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    Possible SPOILERS:

Ok, scince most of us know that there is going to be a Halo 3, who will protect truth? i think that elites will come back and protect him..... or he might just be all alone.

2. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I hope the Grunts do. Saves me a lot of trouble.

3. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004

Nah, I doubt that the elites will come back...After what they done to them.

4. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Thety won't go back.

Bruy's are 4 times more powerfull.

Has anyone done legendary yet?

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

5. DarkSithDrew

Apr 24, 2004
    iv'e beat it on easy, im almost done with normal.-then i will try heroic and then dare i say legandary.

6. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Has anyone done legendary yet?

Its the toughest thing I have ever played.

Anyone thinking of buying this game at the moment, when you do - Just start it off in Legendary mode and it will take you a couple of months to complete.

Game of the Year, so far. :cool:

7. General-Jawa007

General-Jawa007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    I hope the Grunts do. Saves me a lot of trouble.

that would be funny. you would beat the game in about an hour.

8. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Cortana isn't siding with the Gravemind. If it comes down to it, she will side with the Master Chief instead of the flood

9. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    Jango-

How can you be so sure that will all go nicely according to plan?

It's not like Cortana is a human and knows what's right and wrong, she's just a hologram and I think if someone needs information from her, in this case Gravemind, she's definitely gonna give it to him. Plus it's not like she has a choice.

10. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001

As stated in the "Conversations from the Universe" handout thingy that came with the Collector's Edition, she is programed to be loyal to the UNSC, and its priorities first...the Chief himself is only her secondary concern. Her loyalty is programed...she can't betray humanity. So, if there is a betrayal from her, something is definately screwed up continuitywise.

11. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I've had some of the most intense gaming moments of my life over Xbox Live. Nothing more exciting than racing in a warthog with a accurate gunner and a guy with the flag on your side, while being pursued by another warthog, 2 ghosts, and a banshee. :D

But anyways I love this game, mulitplayer is enough to make it GOTY for sure. But for me, SP wasn't what I expected and made it a little dissapointing.

I WANT MORE EARTH MISSIONS! All Bungie and Microsoft hyped for over 2 years was about "defending Earth from an apocolyptic Covenant Armada". And yet all we get is a small army who arrives on Earth on accident, and then runnaway after 2 levels.

At least the ending of H2 suggests that H3 may be the game I thought Halo 2 would be.

And from other various boards people have been saying that a new countdown has occured ar ilovebees.com and suggesting that Halo 3 may arrive on February 9.
    Suggesting that Halo 2 and 3 were being developed simontaneously just like LOTR or Kill Bill, which explains the shortness of Halo 2.

I hope it's true :D

12. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I tried legendary. I couldn't make it past the second boarding party on Cairo Station.

I guess I just wasn't meant to be a legend.

13. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Of course the brutes will. He took a bunch with him to earth.

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Just out of curiosity, can someone point me out to a full summary of the game?

And does anyone know if there will be any novelizations?

15. irishd2

irishd2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2004
    there are alot of biblical references in this game

I think it works like this:

Noah=forerunners

Noah built the "ark" to survive the flood.

the forerunners built the ark to survive the flood.

and i think the 7 halos are the 7 lampstands that the bible talks about in the book of Revelations.

16. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    I tried legendary. I couldn't make it past the second boarding party on Cairo Station.

I think thats where I am stuck. :(

I have one officer and myself. The Battle Rifle runs out of Ammo and there are too many of them to take out. For a scene that you just glide through on Normal level, this is ridiculous.

17. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003

It's not like Cortana is a human and knows what's right and wrong, she's just a hologram and I think if someone needs information from her, in this case Gravemind, she's definitely gonna give it to him. Plus it's not like she has a choice.

It's called AI.

I WANT MORE EARTH MISSIONS! All Bungie and Microsoft hyped for over 2 years was about "defending Earth from an apocolyptic Covenant Armada". And yet all we get is a small army who arrives on Earth on accident, and then runnaway after 2 levels.

At least the ending of H2 suggests that H3 may be the game I thought Halo 2 would be.

My thoughts exacly

And from other various boards people have been saying that a new countdown has occured ar ilovebees.com and suggesting that Halo 3 may arrive on February 9.
    Suggesting that Halo 2 and 3 were being developed simontaneously just like LOTR or Kill Bill, which explains the shortness of Halo 2.

That would be amazing. It would also explane why it got pushed back so much and why all the stuff in the trailers never happened. It's possible they made Halo 2 to long and cut it to make 2&3.

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

18. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    But doesnt it seem like in he end everyone DIES besides Cortana and that big creature & It should NOT matter how long a game is. For examble look at Star Ocean Till The End Of Time on the PS2 it is freaking 2 disc of entire game & took FOREVER to beat but in the end it was well WORTH IT the ending tied up a KICK A$$ story. I just hope there WILL be a Halo 3 or otherwise I am NEVER playing Halo 2 SP again lol. This game is VERY LUCKY to have such a great Multiplayer system

19. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    the forerunners built the ark to survive the flood.

The forerunners activated the Halo system to wipe themselves and all other sentient life from the galaxy...not exactly a good survival plan.

20. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    so has anyone beat it on legendary yet?

21. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    I doubt if anyone will beat it at Legendary. Its too hard.

22. DarkSithDrew

Apr 24, 2004
    Im just playing the last stage on legandary-i'm about halfway through it :). Hoping to be able ti finish to see the date thing for myself!

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Does anyone find it unusual that Earth just happens to be the Ark, which happens to be home to a single sentient race? Perhaps humans are the Forerunners... not entirely original or plausible, though.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I doubt if anyone will beat it at Legendary. Its too hard.

Nah, it's not too hard...

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

I also got stuck in the second boarding party on Cairo station. I mean, there's just too many, and their rate of fire is insane! My backups are dead after seconds because they're too stupid to take cover! Legendary on Halo 1 was excrutiatingly hard, but here...it's crazy, just crazy.

But of course, there's the reward. I've heard that it's simply a "February 9" after the screen goes black. If that's all I get for playing Legendary, I might as well settle with just beating the game and enjoying MP bliss, thank you very much.

25. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    February 9 does appear after you beat the game on Legendary. Hopefully it is not the release date for Halo 3 as I stated before as that would be an awful marketing strategy.

But hopefully rather a trailer or info on Halo 3.

But here is the some of the story:(correct me if I spell some names wrong)

-The Game begins with one of the Elite generals incharge of Alpha Halo, and takes resposability for its destruction. He is tortured by the Brutes as ordered by the Prophets.

-Master Chief's story begins with him in Cairo station, a battle station hovering above Earth to defend it. With a powerful MAC gun attached. You along with Sgt. Johnson (not revealed in the game but in the books, explains Johnson survived in a lone Pelican that escaped Halo) are awarded with other marines who survived Alpha Halo. Along with the awrdess, Cpt Keyes daughter, Miranda, recieves his fathers medal. The reception is cut short with Covenant that begin to attack the station and Earth.

-Master Chief succesfully defends Cairo station and brings the battle to Earth. On Earth it is discovered that the Covenant arrive on Earth not expecting to find humans. The Prophet of Regret finds the location of Earth by accident while searching for something else, and attaks Earth even with his small army. The Prophet begs for forgiveness for attacking Earth Prematurly and jumps through space arriving on another Halo.

-The story continues with the Elite General, who instead of being executed is ordered by the Prophets to dawn armor and stop Rouge Covenant as the Arbiter. These Rouge Covenant are known as the "Heretics" who discover Halo's real purpose from 343 Guilty Spark and Rebel against the Covenant cause. The Arbiter arrives on one of the Heretic bases near the shards of Alpha Halo. Along his pursuit The Arbiter runs into the Flood and is able to fight his way through them. The Arbiter (along with spec ops Covenant) succesfully destroys the Heretic leader. 343 GS is captured by Taratus.

-The story continues with MC, along with Miranda and crew, pursuit of The Prophet of Regret on Delta Halo. He arrives on the planet and succesfully assasinates the Prophet despite the security of Elite Honorgaurds. As MC escapes through the onslaught of bombardment for retaliation, he is blown into the water being captured by some creature.

-As the Arbiter you are ordered to go deep within Forerunner structures in search for the Library and the Sacred Icon. As the Arbiter discovers the icon, he finds Sgt. Johnson and Miranda with the Icon in their hands, but is taken by the Brutes and are captured. The Brutes attack the Arbiter and then captured by the Creature.

-The creature is discovered to be Gravemind, the "concious" mind of the Flood, also holding Regret in Flood Form and the Controller of Delta Halo. Gravemind orders that the Arbiter and MC must work together in order to stop the activation of Halo and find the Sacred Icon.

-With Regret's death, the Prophets no longer believe in the Elite's ability to protect them. All Elite duties are replaced by the Brutes. A Covenant Civil war begins. On one side the Prophets, Brutes, Grunts and Drones; on the other are the Elites, Grunts, and Hunters.

-The MC is transported to the Council Chamber during a meeting with the Prophets and Brutes and their plans to Activate Halo. MC is dropped in the Heart of his enemy and fights his way through the Covenant Area. MC is able to survive the onslught with a war between Flood and Covenant occuring while on the Ship.

-The Arbiter is transported to somewhere on Halo and along with other Elites vows to take revenge on the Betrayl of the Brutes.

-The Prophets stow board a Forerunner ship to Earth, but the Prophet of MErcy is killed by the Flood.

-The Chief fights his way through the Flood and makes it onto the Forerunner ship transporting the Prophet of Truth to Earth. The Chief leaves Cortana behind in order to detonate Halo in a safe distance.

-The Arbiter must stop Tarturus and other Brutes who are tryin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.