Mankind Being Exterminated, Time to Kick Some Butt: The Halo 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Miin_Bodenna, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Bah, that didn't come out the way I wanted.

The first one was good.

This one was unbelievable!
  2. JansonCC12-SE1 Jedi Knight

Do you think that the Flood will make an appearance in Halo 2?
  3. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    possibly theres three halos but guilty spark and sentinels are dead and mc would probably warn unsc forces not to release any flood they could just destroy the halos from orbit but then the game would be boring.
  4. portman_is_so_fine Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Antilles2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    United Nations Space Corps.

Also, Guilty Spark didn't die. If you watch ALL THE WAY after the credits, you'll see a little cutscene of him fling in space, without a scratch.
  6. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    really, crap well then scracth what I said I then I think definitly more halos and maybe flood. But I felt they disrupted the grudge between covies and humans. Espically since on the flood levels you had no more human allies and the covies are the least of your worries.
  7. the_chosen_two Jedi Knight

star 3
    That would really suck if we had to fight those flood btrds again. But since they are coming back I wonder how it will afect fighting on Earth.

I dont know if its been explained but how did the convenant learn of the location of Earth?
  8. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank the stars for KOTOR's release this week, it should keep my mind off of Halo 2 for at least 3 or more months.
  9. SithLord1968 Force Ghost

star 2
    Are any stores taking pre-orders yet?
    I'm sure there will be millions of copies available upon release, but I still want to be 100% certain I get it, and won't have to run around to various stores looking for an available copy to purchase.
  10. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    holy **** offical release date november20
  11. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    No way. Bungie's being saying for awhile it's gonna be 1Q 2004. Don't tease a body that way, man. :p
  12. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yes its true on the nijas on fire forum we had an argument like this and I was like you and said noway is it coming out before christmas Il try and find the link.

EDIT:found it
  13. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    As the article sez, it's just a rumor. I'm not buying it 'til official word comes down from Bungie.

I mean...woo...Half-life 2 and Halo 2 coming out within 2 months of one another, right at the Holiday season? FPS heaven. It's too sweet to be true.

However, the incentive to release it just in time for Live! renewals IS awfully convenient. However, I'm hoping they won't jump the gun and release a less-than-perfect game just for this reason alone. Hell, I'm pissed enough with Eidos launching the crap-fest Angel of Darkness is just to coincide with the new Lara movie. [face_plain]
  14. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    MS and Bungie has said several times that Halo 2 has been pushed back to Q1 2004. It would've been great to have it in November (Xbox 2 year anniversary and Xbox Live 1 year) but it's just not gonna happen.
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, I'm quite happy with waiting 'til early 2004 (but...no longer than that) so that we can have a worthy sequel.
  16. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    no I know the link is brocken but there is a very ligetiment reason for the nov20 release. I just gotta find it again.
  17. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    The E3 demo being on the latest OXM disc has not helped the wait. In fact, it's making it worse again. Alas, thankfully after 30 hours of KOTOR, I'm still not finished. After I'm done with that, though, it'll be up to both ESPN NHL Hockey and ESPN NFL Football to hold me over until 2004.
  18. portman_is_so_fine Force Ghost

star 4
    Which issue of OXM is the demo on? Cause I have the August one and its not on that.
  19. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    The August issue was released in July. The September issue was released in August.
  20. portman_is_so_fine Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh crap. I just picked this one up yesterday. Guess I'll go get the other one then.
  21. tenorjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah they're prematuring on those months I guess. The latest one just came out this week though.
  22. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm curious as to when Bungie plans on releasing more media for Halo 2.........??
  23. Miin_Bodenna Jedi Knight

star 3
    not soon enough if you ask me :(
  24. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Not soon enough indeed. I thought KOTOR would tide me over for a few months to lessen the HALO 2 drought, but no such luck: KOTOR was too awesome to put down and have already finished it in one way or another. What else is there to look forward to now? Ghost Recon: Island Thunder? Rainbow Six 3 (if it comes out this year, that is)? This wait is gonna be teh suck... :(
  25. Miin_Bodenna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Who else think Rainbow six's name is kind of wierd?

I mean come on, Ranibow 6 three!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.