main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Mankind's Greatest Ongoing Adventure: Stargate SG-1 (and Origins) (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Feb 10, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    An interesting choice there, considering it seems Merlin is post-Pegasus evacuation.

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Hopefully we'll get a little firming up of that timeline. Supposedly they find Morgan Lafey there and she relates a great bit of history on Atlantis, ancients and what not.

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I know it would never happen, but the Finale got me thinking. If I was beamed onto a supergate and then all of my ships were destroyed by an alien race, I would absolutely freak out. Being left out in space, waiting to die.

Obviously that can't happen here since this is a main character we're talking about.

4. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Forgive me but I missed several episodes. post-Pegasus evacuation?

5. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I believe he means post Atlantis evacuation and is refering to the ancients

6. Minder

May 28, 2002
    That makes more sense.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Indeed. ::)

>> I know it would never happen, but the Finale got me thinking. If I was beamed onto a supergate and then all of my ships were destroyed by an alien race, I would absolutely freak out. Being left out in space, waiting to die. <<

I don't think Carter's situation is that desperate, actually- she actually had the safest seat in the house, so to speak. They know where she is- floating next to the giant freaking gate. It's still somewhat concievable that someone could come by and rescue her after the Ori ships depart (or perhaps the Asgard ship will nab her on the way out, since it was not destroyed or disabled from what we saw).

Now, if the Ori ships stayed there and/or no other ships arrived and all the others were destroyed or departing, then it'd be time to freak, if any.

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Until she floats into said giant freaking gate. Then you're back to screwed.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, yes, if you float into the massive event horizon or stray into the path of an exiting ship, then, yes, it's time to panic ;)

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Completely off track of what we've been talking about, but your last line got me thinking.

SG-1 is jam packed full of Star Wars and Star Trek references. I can't think of a single Hitchhiker's Guide reference though, can you?

11. Minder

May 28, 2002
    I want to talk tactics for a min.

During the entire fight, I found myself SCREAMING at the TV. "EVERYONE CONCENTRATE FIRE ON ONE SHIP DAMN YOU!!!"

I would have liked to have seen them do at least some damage :(

Remember a few episodes ago, when they went up against the Ori Satelite. The thing tore through the Promethious (sp?) and her sheilds like a hot knife going through butter.

Hitting them piecemeal just isnt going to work.

12. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I don't think Carter's situation is that desperate, actually- she actually had the safest seat in the house

Yeah, some seat. She first sees all the ships get wasted by the Ori. Now that all of them are destroyed ( except the Oddysy ), there is no way for her to get beamed back on board. But of course in season 10 the Oddysy will somehow beam her aboard.

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sooo...do you think that Vala is pregnant with Arthur, or with Merlin?

14. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Neither.

Remember this is a Spoiler thread.

From what I have read here

The child is a girl, ages like 10 years in a day, and has all the knowledge of the Ori

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    DISCUSSION: Correct use of the five-letter B-word in a Stargate SG-1 context.
    To comply with assumed JCC policy, the B-word will be replaced with "bxxxx".

When one of our ships gets struck by an Ori energy weapon...

"Yeah! We have shields too, xxxxx!...oh..."

16. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    This is the spoiler thread. Do we have to black out our spoilers?

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    No, you don't and in all honesty E_V is right and it fosters discussion if you don't black them out.

The girl ages like that and has the knowledge she does because she is a "genetically engineered human form Ori". She looks like she is going to be the "big bad" for season 10.

18. EDKRIEG

EDKRIEG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I am wondering if Stargate SG-1 is borrowing from Xena and the Rift sequence in which Gabrielle gives birth and the daughter grows almost overnight and is evil.Coincidence?

19. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    It wasn't a new concept when Xena used it. There are elements of it stretching back to several different ancient mythologies.

Kimball Kinnison

20. weezer

May 16, 2001
    It wasn't a new concept when the ancient mythologies started using it. Aphids give birth to babies that turn around and have another. Talk about growing up fast. Plus they're pretty evil.

Not SG-1 related but at least you learned something.

Unless you didn't learn anything, then it was just worthless.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    QFT. According to Greek mythology, Athena sprang fully grown, armed, and armored from Zeus' head.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In an interesting bit of news, Richard Kind will be returning to the Stargate universe after more than a decade- though no word if he'll be reprising his role of Dr. Gary Meyers from the film.

(Meyers was the one who incorrectly translated the coverstone cartoush as saying "Gateway to Heaven" and who didn't think the POO symbol was on the gate)

Heh- if he is playing the same character, I wonder if they'll continue the film's pattern of having Jackson constantly proving him wrong ;)

EDIT- Doh, apparently he'll be on Atlantis, not SG-1...

23. Minder

May 28, 2002
    WOW I just found http://www.gateworld.net GREAT site!

24. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    Yes, that has been my source of SG-1 spoilers since season 7.

25. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Gateworld is key.