main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Manticoran honor (Book One of the War of Honor series ) Chapter Seven up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Star-Lead, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
  2. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Up once more.

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Whoops, sorry. I forgot to check back with your thread.

Now then...good action happening here. Things is heating up! ;)

The YV seem to be having a bit of problem handling the assault. I know I'm curious to see what happens next, if you're still working on the story.

4. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    The YV seem to be having a bit of problem handling the assault. I know I'm curious to see what happens next, if you're still working on the story.

I'm continuing all right; after all, can't leave a hero half rescued now can I?

EDIT: Oh, and the Vong are having trouble because, simply put, Royal Marines are nasty, especially so if in battle armour. And the best place to be in relation to a tri-barrel is behind it. Those things are used for ripping up armoured bulkheads. Most armour stands zip chance of stopping the darts; the only reason battle armour can is because it uses capital-level armour as part of its makeup, and skinsuits have armourplast fibres woven into them.

5. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
  6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    How about I up? ;)

7. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Manticoran honor chapter seven

Tahiri scanned the horizon with her electrobinoculars, searching for the Yuuzhan Vong base they?d spotted from the air.

Behind her, Honor, the various other non-Marine personnel present, and Fearless?s three companies of Marines unloaded weapons, equipment, ammunition, and several cases of Viper impeller Surface-to-Air Missiles, a particularly nasty weapon.

Corran was readying an old Empire-era probe droid for intelligence gathering, and Scotty Tremaine was being his usual inimitable self.

Tahiri checked the weapon Major Ramirez had given her, on his insistence that she needed to defend herself with something other than a lightsaber.

The pulse carbine wasn?t that much heavier than a repeating blaster, despite its nature as a solid-round weapon; the things were built from ceramics or something, meaning that they were lighter than most slugthrowers.

I?ll get you out of this Anakin, she thought, just like you saved me at Yavin.

?I love you.? The three words that had saved her, and maybe, could save him.

At that, Tahiri promised herself something; the only way she was leaving here alive was with Anakin. Either that, or dead.

Nen Yim watched her creation carefully.

He gave no sign of noticing her, but he never did. However, due to his access to what the infidels referred to as ?the Force?, he could not only sense her, but any other being in the galaxy.

His upper body was marked with scars and tattoos, all masterpieces.

?They are coming,? she said, ?You are aware of this??

?Yes,? was the emotionless response, ?and I know what they would attempt.?

?Then you know they wish to turn you back,? Nen Yim finished.

?Yes,? he said, ?And they will come, and they will die. All will die, even Tahiri.?

?And what exactly do you think the Liberals are going to do to me over this one Hamish?? James Webster asked of the first Admiral in the room.

?About the same thing they usually do,? Admiral of the Green Hamish Alexander replied. ?Stick their heads up their ? no, that might require more thinking than they usually do. They?ll probably just complain about it until Cromarty, the Centralists, and the Crown Loyalists shout them down.?

?True,? Adm. Raoul Courvosier said, ?but they are one of the more powerful political parties. Remember what Janacek was up to with Basilisk Station.?

The other two Admirals nodded. Courvosier had a point; Janacek was Civilian 1st Space Lord, a position senior even to Webster?s as Military 1st Space Lord.

All three, along with Admirals Sebastian D?Orville and Sonja Hemphill (who, despite their distaste for her tactical mindset, at least knew war with Haven was inevitable), had argued with Janacek for almost a decade concerning the state of the Basilisk picket, after its annexation by the Star Kingdom, nearly twenty-one Manticoran, or just under forty T-standard, years before. Janacek had insisted on lowering the forces deployed there, while the Centralists, Crown Loyalists, and the Admiralty, had argued that at least two battle squadrons were required for the security of Manticore itself.

About a year ago, this had changed rather spectacularly, when one Commander Honor Harrington had been assigned to Basilisk. She?d done with an overage light cruiser what every other SO there, with battlecruisers on down, had failed to achieve. Honor had policed Basilisk so effectively, she?d had all of the merchant houses in the kingdom up in arms; some of them because their shipments were getting delayed, but many because they thought it was about time the Royal Navy got off its backside and did something there.

And they?d managed to get Pavel Young off important assignments, and out in the back-end of known space, guarding freighters travelling to and from the Silesian Confederacy. The only reason Young had ever worn the badge of a Captain of the List was his father?s position. That and Comm

8. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Get up damn it.

9. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Up.

Oh, and a cookie to whoever guesses which film/novel I borrowed the J/D scene from.

10. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
  11. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
  12. Jedi-Tahiri-Veila

Jedi-Tahiri-Veila Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2003
    Just found this. Mind if I join?

13. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Just found this. Mind if I join?

I'm always happy to see a new reader.

14. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
  15. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
  16. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Up. Oh, and my ATNs have gotten messed up. Any ideas why?

17. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks for the reminder Star-Lead ;)

At that, Tahiri promised herself something; the only way she was leaving here alive was with Anakin. Either that, or dead.
    [face_shocked] Together one way or another, eh?

?Yes,? he said, ?And they will come, and they will die. All will die, even Tahiri.?
    That doesn't sound like he'll be happ to see her. ;)

?And what exactly do you think the Liberals are going to do to me over this one....
    Excellent section Star-Lead. It gives those of us not familiar with this stuff some good background info.

?Okay, so what do I do?? Danni asked.
    [face_laugh] Is that an Aliens vibe I'm picking up?

Jacen was surprised at how much like a professional soldier he sounded; it was? unnerving, to say the least. Then again, maybe that was the role he?d have to take at one point or another.
    No kidding. He's usually comes off as more of a fop. :p

This would be a first; a hyperspace fleet engagement. If it worked, the academies would teach it for generations to come. If it didn?t, then it would be held up as an example of what not to do.
    Ah, so its win-win either way. :p

Good work Star-Lead. An informative and interesting post. I think your writing is improving. :)

18. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Excellent section Star-Lead. It gives those of us not familiar with this stuff some good background info.

That was the plan.

Is that an Aliens vibe I'm picking up?

*hands Moff a cookie*

You got it.

Ah, so its win-win either way.

Yep. I'm reading The Short Victorious War now, as it includes an engagement in hyper (thats post when this story is set though, so I'm not messing up history).

Good work Star-Lead. An informative and interesting post. I think your writing is improving.

Thats good to know.

19. spyderbyte

spyderbyte Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2003
    I agree with Moff, good post :) very unique fic you have here ;)

20. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
  21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This is really good, Star-Lead. Very original. Are you going to write more? I love that reference to the three words that saved Tahiri. So true. You're blending in a number of plot threads beautifully. :)

22. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Tahi - Yes I am. I'm writing more now in fact.

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Cool - PM when you post as I sometimes miss when stories are updated. :)

24. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Something that's going to need explaining (not for the next chapter, but later on).

The Eridani Edict is a set of rules governing the usage of orbital bombardmen. It was enacted after the destruction of Epsilon Eridani IV with kinetic strikes, killing all of the planet's four billion inhabitants.

The main tenets of the Edict are:
    1) Indiscriminate planetary bombardment is not allowed.
    2) Civilian targets are out of the question; on the other hand, military ones are fair game, and if an enemy is stupid enough to stick civilian housing near to military targets, then it's his lookout and not yours.
    3) You are not permitted to render a planet uninhabitable.
    4) Kinetic strikes only. Energy weapon fire against a planetary target is completely excessive and against any and all articles of war regarding attacks on enemy targets.

Failure to comply with these regulations means that the Solarian League will come down on you like the proverbial tonne of bricks. The League is the sleeping dragon; it is massive enough that anyone moronic enough to provoke it is toast.

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sounds fascinating. I can see you've put a lot of thought into this. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.