Orlando, FL Many Bothans Died to bring us this information....

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Red-24, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red-24 Jedi Padawan

well I guess they really didn't....

Anyways I thought you would all like to know the lastest Star Tours/Star Wars Weekends News.

First Star Tours:

To put an end to the REHAB rumor that's been going on for at least 8 years, Star Tours will not change! The ride will remain the same! What started the rumor was that Lucas talked to disney (1996-1997) about redoing the ride, Disney said no due the amount of money that would have been needed. Also since star tours is still new by Disney standerds the rehab was thrown out the window. The rumor was still talked about because of the Endor Vendors to Tatooine Traders (the shop) Rehab. That was the extent of the Rehab.

I have seen the budget for the next 7 years for Star Tours and no major rehabs are planned only the bi-yearly sim rehabs. The next biggest thing you'll see there is the ewok mural will be redone. That's it no changes to the Status quo for at least 7 years.

Star Wars Weekends:

First check out http://swweekends.tripod.com
    a great website that needs no introduction. The latest news straight from Disney Special events is the dates, May 15 to June 16th. An extra weekend! They still haven't cemented any celebs yet, but all the events from the past SWW will be there and more. The only event that maybe left out is the Star Tours Ride Athon.

If you have any questions about Disney/Star Tours/SWW Just ask I'll be more than happy to answer!

May the force be with you!
    -Delta Source Aka Red-24-
  2. JediDan Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh well, I was looking foward to seeing if they would revamp Star Tours. Guess I won;t be getting a pod race or Jedi Fighter simulator anytime soon.

:(

Anyway Star Wars weekends should be great. Please let us know if you find out who will be the guests. Guess I'll have to call my aunt and cousin about some comp tickets...

;)

Dan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.