main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Faces of the Force: Winner of Best Underated!! Completed July 7th!! Author Replies Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great posts! :D

Jaina recognized the distinctive sound of charric fire as she fell unconscious.
    :eek: Does that mean what I think it means? *hopes it does*

Can't wait for more!!! :D

EDIT: I took 400! :eek: Congrats! :D

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Hm. Nice post!

3. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    JAGSGURL15: I hope Duke won. Oh, and btw this postie is for you. I hope you like it! :D

FuzzyRatt: Why to I see a problem when Jaina meets Jacen? :confused:

[face_innocent] I have no idea what you speak of. 8-}

NYCitygurl: I'm sorry your going to be out of town :(, but hopefully you'll have a lot of updates to catch up with when you get back.

J_M_Bulldog: Sorry about the cliffie. I suppose it's been too long since I wrote one, but I had to include that one.

J_&_J: I'm glad everyone caught the charric fire reference. The only question is: Am I evil enough to introduce some other Chiss at this point? [face_devil]

Jaya Solo: Thanks for going over this for me. :)

The postie will be up very soon!

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I hope Duke won.
    Hell yeah! :D ;) *is a fellow Duke fan*

The only question is: Am I evil enough to introduce some other Chiss at this point?
    :eek: We would kill you. [face_devil] :p

5. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Jaina woke to both a familiar and unfamiliar sensation. The burning pain in the back of her shoulder provided her with the familiar sensation. It took her a moment to analyze the unfamiliar sensation.

She was being cradled protectively in someone?s arms. Someone who cared about her, her mind offered, a moment later. She took a moment to savor the situation, snuggling more closely into the comforting embrace before the realization of just how wrong her situation was, hit her. She was in Vong territory and voluntarily separated from the strike team that she had infiltrated the planet with. There should have been no one to rescue her. That thought provoked another and suddenly memories began to come back to her. She remembered the realization that she would die and the sudden bolt of charric fire that had saved her.

It was enough to trigger a strong reaction in Jaina. With a supreme concentration of effort, she forced her eyes open and immediately confirmed her growing suspicions. ?Jag,? she demanded, although not as forcefully as she had intended.

He looked down at her quickly, turning his attention from where they were to focus on her. ?Jaina!? Instead of launching into the recriminations that Jaina had immediately expected to hear from him, his voice was gentle and almost tentative. ?You?re awake,? he stated the obvious. ?That?s a good sign,? he continued quickly, ?It means that it probably didn?t have a chance to poison you before I removed the amphistaff. I bandaged your shoulder the best that I could and applied a bacta patch,? he explained.

Her first instinct was to reply coldly, maintaining the harsh distance that had seemed to become a normal part of their everyday interactions. Before she could speak, however, she felt another wave of confusion come over her. The emotions that had been long dormant under her pain and anger surfaced bringing out a wave of concern for him. There was no reason for Jag to be there. In fact, it was almost impossible for him to be there.

?Jag,? she asked quietly, ?what are you doing here?? Her voice wasn?t angry or demanding, it was almost gentle.

?I-? he stumbled to a stop hesitating about his response. He didn?t look at her, but he didn?t put her down either. He stopped speaking and then glanced quickly up to meet Jaina?s eyes. He almost seemed to be challenging her, either to interrupt or to deny what he was about to say. ?Kyp told me what really happened on Shelter. He told me that you were hallucinating, and that you didn?t know it was Zekk.?

Jaina blinked in surprise. Whatever she had been expecting to hear - that wasn?t it. ?Put me down,? she said quietly.

Jag frowned, but did as she asked.

She swayed slightly as she balanced her weight on her own two feet again. Jaina didn?t object as Jag automatically reached a hand out to catch her arm, steadying her. ?That?s in the past, Jag,? she said quietly. ?We?ve both changed since then.? She seemed not to even remember where they were or the possible dangers that surrounded them. He started to speak again, but she cut him off. ?I?m sorry that I dragged both you and Cem into this,? she continued. ?I?m not sure why you?re here or why you saved my life, but, thank you.? She met his eyes steadily. ?I don?t know how you got down here, but you don?t have to stay. You can go rejoin your squadron. You and Cem may leave as soon as you have an opening.?

She started to turn away, but stopped abruptly, as his hand tightened on her arm. ?Jaina.? His voice demanded her attention. She turned back to face him as he took another step closer to her. ?Jaina,? he explained hastily, ?I was worried about you, and Kyp could sense that you were in trouble.? He took a deep breath. ?I came here to help you. I didn?t come here to leave you again. I?ve done that enough already. I wanted to apologize for not trusting you, then or now. I promised you once that I would never leave you,? he added with quiet intensity, ?I broke that promise once. I don?t intend to do it again. You?re injured,? he stated softly. ?Let

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome post! :D Jaina and Jag seem to be ok... and Callista went evil so that means they're allowed to kill her, plus it seems as if somebody will be doing that soon. [face_mischief] Can't wait until the bonus postie! :D ;)

7. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG OMG OM GOM GOMG OMG OOMG!!!

YESS! mush!mush! that was soosooosoosooosoo awesome! JS15! i love it!

Now

bonus posite on wed? GREAT!

and

DUKE WON WE ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR!

8. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    That was your best post so far. :D

The Jaina/Jag scene was perfect. [face_love]

The Mara/Castilla battle was fantastic. :cool:

Only one problem....

Now, I have to want two more days. :mad: 8-}

9. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Naughty padawan! ;) You didn't send me that last part! Heh. It was great! Let's see... probably Jacen using Anakin's lightsaber... or better yet, maybe Jaina using her lightsaber! We find out tonight, right?

10. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Finally! Jag and Jaina got their head on straight. *glances at them* Now you won't feel the sting of my 2x4.

Great fight scene. Is anyone surprised that Callista turned traitor? *growls at her who should not be named*

Hey, now, who just stopped the amphistaff? Jacen?

11. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    J_&_J: Killing Callista? You think I would do that? 8-}

JAGSGURL15: [face_laugh] I thought you would like that post! So Duke won, when do they play again. *sighs* I think I know more about college basketball now than I ever have. And I don't even watch it!

FuzzyRatt: Thanks! [face_blush]

Jaya Solo: 8-} I was still writing the last part when I sent you the first!

J_M: hehe. Yeah, I figured it was finally time to end the J/J angst. I decided to spare them your wrath! :D

The two women were locked into a fierce struggle, neither willing to back down. Slowly but surely Jaina forced her lightsaber up, shoving Callista back away from Mara.

Carefully Callista circled around Jaina. ?Back to save your weak little Master, Jaina,? she taunted. ?Do you see how easily she falls? She is no Jedi. Mara Jade isn?t even worth-?

Jaina?s amethyst blade flashed through the air, cutting Callista off as she tried to parry Jaina?s blows. ?You-? Jaina?s lightsaber crashed into Callista?s amphistaff. She pivoted into the powerful strike and snapped her elbow hard into Callista?s face. ?Are-? She forced Callista to jump back as she swept her lightsaber towards Callista?s legs. ?Wrong.? Her purple blade swept back up and slammed into Callista?s amphistaff with enough momentum to knock the other woman off balance.

Callista?s laughter echoed through the room. ?You think you can defeat me so easily.?

Jaina could feel the Dark side gathering around Callista. Even Jag, who had moved to check on Mara once Jaina had lured Callista away, could feel its presence in the air. Jaina simply looked at Callista in disgust. ?Please not this again. We?ve already proven that I can dispel whatever you can create.?

?The power of the Dark side is beyond what you can imagine. You can do nothing to stop me.?

Jaina didn?t waste the time to point out that she had already stopped Callista twice and that she had more than enough experience with the Dark side, herself. She switched her lightsaber to a one handed grip. With the other hand, she slipped loose one of her vibroblades. In a blur of motion, the vibroblade flew towards Callista. It stopped inches from her face and hung in mid air. Callista?s expression was disdainful. Jaina surged towards her, lightsaber raised. Callista didn?t move as Jaina quickly covered the two meters between them.

Dark energy bled out from her, channeled away from Callista. As Jaina?s lightsaber began its downward descent, Callista screamed a single word. Even in her state of complete focus on her target, Jaina recognized the word as Yuuzhan Vong in origin. Her lightsaber crashed in Callista?s amphistaff and then Jaina was spinning away from her at the same moment that Jag shouted a warning from behind her. Before Jaina could even focus on the source of this new threat, she was flung away from them and slammed into the far wall with enough momentum to break the stone like substance and bring it crashing down around her. She lay crumpled on the floor in an unmoving heap.

?Jaina!? Jag?s anguished shout was lost in the rest of the noise. In a frenzy of whipping tentacles, a large beast rose out of the recently created hole, shaking off the last of the dirt and flooring that had covered it, as it rose. As one tentacle lashed out towards Mara, Jag quickly pulled the Jedi Master back away from it. He wrapped one arm around Mara?s torso, pulling her towards the relative safety of the corner and used the other hand to send a barrage of Charric fire at the giant creature. It didn?t even seem to notice.

?Mara,? Jag said softly under his breath, ?If you?re conscious, now would be a really good time to come up with something to kill this thing.? He had hardly come prepared to fight something like this, especially not while Callista was stomping around, unchecked in all of her Dark fury.

If the creature hadn?t noticed Jag?s attack, Callista definitely had. ?We meet again, Jag

12. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    GREAT~ job!@

13. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    Crap!

Sometimes I hate being right.

Calista is dead and now the real villian is here. Man, is Jaina in trouble.

Fantastic Post! [face_love]

Now, I have to want two more days. :(

Note: I was going to do a April Fool's post here but, the post was to good for that.

14. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Okay, I have another announcement. :( Darth Real Life has struck again. I'm going to be gone for the next few days. Check the thread friday however, a post might magically appear. ;) If not I'll try to get it up as soon as possible Saturday or Sunday. See you in few days! *waves*

15. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow. Great post.

Hello everyone! Since my dear padawan will be moving, she has asked me to post for her in her absence. You can expect the post on Friday. (Unless I'm feeling nice and have time to post it before then.) ;)

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    *dances around* Callista's dead, Callista's dead! :D :D :p Poor Jag, Mara, & Jaina! :( :eek: Jacen's evil?!!! :_| Can Jaina bring him back? *hopes she can*

17. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    My reaction to the post.

:D Yes, Mara got Callista and didn't go to the Dark Side to do it.

:( Mara, Jaina, and Jag are hurt.

:eek: Jacen! Wha-?

Jaina can turn him back, right? Please? Pretty please?

18. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Hi everyone! My padawan asked me to post this today for your enjoyment. It's really good! Enjoy!

?Jacen?? Jaina?s voice conveyed wonder and disbelief. ?You?re alive!?

There was so much that she wanted to say to Jacen and so much that she wanted to ask him. They had a lot of catching up on to do. However, now was not the time. She glanced quickly back at Mara and Jag. It was as if the years that they had been separated were gone. ?We have to get out of here, now,? she said quickly to her brother. ?Aunt Mara?s pretty badly injured. She needs to get to a bacta tank as soon as possible and Jag - I think Callista hit him hard with Force lightening.?

She moved quickly towards Jag. Jag was the heavier of the two, but it would easier for Jacen to carry Mara without making her wound any worse. She bent quickly between the two. A swift examination revealed that Mara had already slipped into a healing trance, while Jag was still unconscious.

Her comlink crackled and she reached to answer it automatically. ?Goddess,? she answered hastily.

?Great One.? Even over the com-channel, the relief at hearing from Jaina was still evident in Teara?s voice. ?We?ve evacuated the prisoners from the compound. We only encountered light resistance on the way out, and we?re waiting at the rendezvous point. Master Durron is sending ships to pick us up even as we speak. We have less than half an hour to get off planet, before the rest of the fleet has to pull back.?

?Good,? Jaina?s voice was calm, although she could feel the worry churning in her stomach. Jag and Mara were not in good condition. ?I need you to alert the medical teams, both in orbit and on the ships coming down; I have two severely injured with me.?

?Acknowledged,? Teara responded promptly. ?See you in orbit, Goddess.?

The comlink clicked off. ?So much has changed since we were children. I?m so different now, Jaina. I?m so much more.?

Jaina was barely listening. ?I?ve changed, too. WE have to go now, Jacen. We can?t miss the rendezvous point. Jag and Mara need help, now. I can?t do this without your help,? she added a moment later.

Jacen didn?t move. ?That?s the wonderful thing about being a twin, isn?t it? You never have to be alone. You never have to fear or doubt. Whenever you fall, there?s always another hand there to catch you. Your other half is always there to share your joys, and your burdens, as well, I suppose.? He stared at her with incredible intensity, his gaze seeming to see into her. ?Or at least that was what we used to think, wasn?t it Jaina? Together we were unbeatable and unstoppable. The past few years, I?ve seen things - I?ve learned so many hidden things, Jaina.?

Jaina hardly looked at him, her frustration rising. ?That?s good, Jacen,? her face showed a genuine smile as she spared a quick glance at him. ?We have so much to discuss when we get back to the fleet in orbit.?

?No,? Jacen?s word stopped her in her tracks.

?What? Jacen?? Confusion was written all over her face.

?Our time has come, Jaina. This can?t wait any longer.? The look that he directed at her showed both an eagerness that she would understand and pity for her ignorance. ?We always believed that together we were at our best. We were so wrong, Jaina. We tried for so long to deny it, but we can?t escape our destiny. Only one of us, only the strongest, can survive. Even Brakiss knew that it was true. The Yuuzhan Vong have shown me this. It is the only true way, Jaina.?

?Jacen what are you talking about?? Her voice was low and serious and her mind refused to believe what she was seeing and hearing him say. The things that Jacen was saying had to be a result of his years of captivity and Yuuzhan Vong propaganda. ?Jacen,? she said intensely. ?We can?t do this. You?re my twin brother; my only brother now.? Tear fell down onto her face as Jacen stared at her implacably.

?That changes nothing, Jaina.? He looked at her, as if solidifying her image in his mind. ?Now step up and face your destiny with dignit

19. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Great post cant wait for more. Gotta know if everyone is going to be okay.

20. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    Excellent post. :)

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I knew she could do it!!!! :D :D

22. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Yes! She brought him back. :D Whoohooo!

Now, to get off the planet.

23. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Hi everyone I'm back!

JAGSGURL15: I'm in just as much suspense as you are about whether everyone will be okay. I haven't decided what to do yet actually. [face_plain]

FuzzyRatt: [face_blush] Thanks!

J_&_J: Of course she can!

J_M_Bulldog: Well I didn't want to be too cruel.

I'll try to have the next post up monday, but it might be late. I haven't even started writing yet and I'm really busy right now. DRL is truly sithly!

24. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Post whenever you can! :D

25. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Well I was going to try to get one more post up, so that I wouldn't leave you guys hanging, but that didn't seem to work out. I wasn't able to get the next post written and I'm not going to be able to post for a while, I'm just too busy right now. I'm not abandoning this story, Real Life is just forcing me to take a short break. Hopefully it won't last for more than a week or so. Sorry about the delay, folks! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.