main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Faces of the Force: Winner of Best Underated!! Completed July 7th!! Author Replies Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    great job cant wait for the next one!

2. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Previously on Many Faces of the Force....

It wasn?t the answer that Jag ahd wanted but it was honest and more of a concession from Jaina than he had hoped for. ?Thank you.?

She leaned in closer to him and he met her lips without hesitating, drawing her into a deep kiss.

An exclamation of unbridled rage jerked them apart.

And now....

Cem Fel stared at her brother, Jagged, in disbelief. After her initial exclamation she had sat patiently and listened to him, while he talked to her. With every word that he had spoken her anger had grown, until she was silently seething with fury. She had given up her dreams of a clean, honorable career and spent the past five years protecting Jag from his own mistakes and protecting their family from the consequences of those mistakes. She had been coerced or blatantly forced into making most of the major choices in her life and she refused to let it continue. Jag was her older brother, the oldest living Fel child. He had been unaware of the consequences of his decisions for long enough. It was time for him to know the truth. If he wanted to through everything away for Jaina Solo, again, he would at least know the consequences first.

?Cem.?

Hearing her name pulled her out of her thoughts. ?What?? she demanded, none too gently.

?Are you okay?? Jag asked in his patented stiffly formal, but protective, tone.

She wondered when she had stopped thinking that, that tone was comforting and begun to consider it ridiculous. ?No, Jag,? she began speaking slowly, ?I?m not, and neither are you,? she added. ?You were gone from Csilla a long time,? she continued, ?longer than you should have been.?

?I know,? he replied, puzzled by her sudden change of topic.

?No, you don?t!? she exploded. ?You don?t know how your refusal to obey orders affected us. Things had changed on Csilla, everything was changing- the Vong war, internal politics, and the anti-human bias was growing worse than ever. You know that the Chiss have always held humans to a higher standard, Jag. How could you not realize how your refusal to obey orders would affect us? They examined all of Dad?s actions minutely. He was considered an unreliable advisor. They were prepared not just to bar you from Chiss space, but to exile us all!?

Jag?s face was a cold mask, chiseled from ice, covering whatever he was feeling at the moment as Cem?s tirade temporarily grew quieter. He seemed to be at a loss for words. His head jerked up at her next words, however.

?You don?t even know how close you came. If it wasn?t for Mother,? she mumbled.

It was her last mumbled statement that caught his attention. ?What does that mean, Cem?? he demanded, standing up abruptly.

She wasn?t intimidated by his sudden reaction, protected from his angry demand by her own fury. ?Mother?s already lost two of her children, Jag- she couldn?t stand losing another.? She glared at him and then continued, ?So I took care of it.?

Cem saw the flicker of realization as it passed over Jaina?s face and she was surprised at the way that the other woman suddenly looked over at her. Concern, surprise, respect and even apology showed in Jaina?s face. ?Jag,? Jaina said softly, as she quickly stood next to him.

What Cem had done, had been done out of love for her brother, even if she hadn?t been particularly happy with him at the time. But finding out about it would only cause Jag pain. She had played her own part in Cem?s fate and exploited Cem?s situation to get what she had wanted. It was only now in the light of Jacen?s return and Kyp?s death that she saw the errors of her past. So many things that she should have done differently.

Jag had barely noticed her brief plea for his attention in his complete focus on his sister. ?What did you do?? he asked her forcefully, needing to know what she had done on his behalf.

?I made a deal,? she paused and then added viciously, ?It was with CEDF Intelligence.? She laughed once, bitterly at the look on Jag?s face. ?My mission was to join your squadron and

3. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    GREAT!!!!! and OMG! Jag BETTA love her as much as LUKE LOVES MARA!

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Ah, it was Cem.
    I really do not blame her for being incandescent with rage and it was time for Jagged to know what his placing his desire to remain with Jaina over his duty to return to Csilla cost his family. Not even as if Jags eventual return had been because he?d finally realised how his actions were affecting them, he didn?t so much go back to them as go away from Jaina.

Mara made a good point about the fact that her relationship with Luke started with her trying to kill him. On the other hand Jaina didn?t blackmail ?an intelligence officer?, she blackmailed Jags little sister who was an intelligence officer. Had Mara blackmailed Leia and placed her in danger so as to force Luke to do something that could have been a real sticking point in the relationship.

Do agree though that if Jag loves Jaina enough things will be okay.

5. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Figured it was Cem. Hmm, interesting. I wonder how Jag's gonna react to this news. He wasn't given much of a shot with everthing piled up on him and then Jaina walking out.

Glad Mara's okay. Also glad she's there to talk to Jaina.

If Jag loves her then everything will be okay. It'll be bumpy but okay.

6. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    First off, I'm sorry that I have not been on the boards much lately. I was five post behind. :(

Been play Final Fantasy XI! :D

The last post have been some of the most moving one I have read.

The way Kyp dies is a great hero's death. [face_love]
    And the force ghost last message was fantastic.

I enjoy the way Jaina is coming clean with Jag. Now, we get to see if Jag can forgive her.

And let's not forget the whole Jacen and Jaina thing, and can Jacen be trusted? [face_devil]

Keep up the great work! :)

I'll stay up to date....I hope. 8-}

7. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    JAGSGURL15: Just so you know, when I wrote this chapter it was with you in mind. So, hope you enjoy! [:D]

JM: Yeah, I agree that maybe Mara's comparison there wasn't really accurate, but she was trying to comfort Jaina. Maybe it'll be something else that I work on when and if I ever do this rewrite.

J_M_Bulldog: Yeah, we'll get to see Jag's reaction in this one. Hope you like it! :D

FuzzyRatt: Glad you're back! :cool: I was glad you liked the final scenes with Kyp, too. I really liked his character in this story and I kinda wanted him to have a good ending.

Okay so as usual postie will be up in a while. TGIF everyone!

@};-

8. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Jacen Solo walked the corridors of the Imperial Star Destroyer like a feral predator stalking among a herd of tamed beasts. Everything seemed foreign to him. Things that he had seen and used his whole life seemed like sickening abominations now. Some people greeted him warmly as a hero, only to step back from him involuntarily after looking into his eyes. Other people were more overtly frightened of him or shunned him. He hadn?t decided which he disliked more.

His quarters were small and cramped. The walls seemed to press in on him. Even as his mind told him that this was not a trap or a cage, his body said otherwise. There was no one here that he could speak to, no one that seemed to understand. No one but Jaina, and his twin had been keeping her mind locked tightly away from his for the past three days since they had come aboard the Star Destroyer.

He was grateful to Jaina for coming for him, but his sister had changed at least as much as he had in the years since that mission to Myrkr. Even she was almost unfamiliar to him. She seemed to be somehow vacant, in a way that Jacen had never seen his twin act before. She acted normally, but she somehow seemed distant from it all. It worried Jacen almost as much as it worried him that he wasn?t becoming reaccustomed to his former life.

That was why he had decided to go and talk to Jaina. That at least was still familiar. The knowledge that he could say anything to Jaina and she would understand had never changed. Maybe they could help one another.

?Jacen?? Her voice was still groggy with sleep as she opened the door to her quarters for him. She let him in without hesitation, but as she sank to a seat on her bunk, one of the few seats in the room, he noticed that her flight suit was dirty and rumpled, obviously slept in.

He didn?t take a seat and instead chose to lean against the wall. It was the most relaxed posture that he had assumed in years when not consumed by total exhaustion. They stared at one another in silence for a while before Jaina finally asked, ?Are you okay??

He studied her face, contemplating how truthful he should be with her. Finally he decided to go with more or less total honesty. Jaina was after all, his twin. ?It?s different. Everything seems unfamiliar and almost wrong. I see the world that I grew up in through the eyes of the Vong. I can feel the people?s distrust and their fear, and I think that they should be afraid.?

She shook her head in a denial. ?No, they shouldn?t. They just don?t understand.?

Jacen launched himself off of the wall towards her in blink of an eye. ?Jaina, I would have killed you.?

Her reflexes responded just as quickly and she too sprung into motion. She met him in the middle of the room. ?But you didn?t. Uncle Luke could have killed Mom during his encounter with the cloned Emperor, but he didn?t. Tahiri could have killed Anakin after she had been Shaped, but she didn?t.? She looked deep into his eyes. ?I trust you, Jacen.?

He looked back at her with the knowledge of what the Vong had done to him in his eyes. It made most people jerk away in terror. Jaina didn?t flinch. ?You can?t frighten me away for my own good,? she said quietly. ?Not going to happen. I?ve done the same thing for years, Jasa, and it only brings more death and pain.? She looked away from him, staring at some unseeable point beyond the wall. ?Did you know that it?s been over a year since I last saw Mom and Dad?? She didn?t wait for him to respond to her question. ?I saw them in a reception line for a diplomatic function that I had attended to get more monetary backing for Twin Suns. That was the first time I had seen them in quite some time. I let without saying goodbye. I don?t when I last saw Ben or Uncle Luke. This war has consumed me and the people I care about the most.? She looked back up at him and he could see the tears and grief in Jaina?s eyes. ?If Kyp?s death taught me one thing, Jacen, it was to hold onto the people that you love and don?t let go or push them away because some day they might never come back.?

9. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Feel quite sorry for Jacen and his problems with the conflicting perceptions between his original and the Vong inspired. It is good though that he has his twin sister to help him reconcile these.

Glad that Jag still wants to talk to Jaina and they are going to work to break CEDF intelligences hold on Cem. I still think though that General Baron Soontir Fel is like Admiral Lord Thomas Cochrane and if he and his family had to leave under a scandal would have his pick of commands and so the Chiss can go...ahem...themselves :)

Seems like Shimmra is persistent and although his timing needs work it was kind of him to let Jag and Jaina finish kissing. Either that or this is a friendly interdictor and the force was just being cruel in interrupting them.

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great posts!!! I can't wait to see who pulled them out of hyperspace.

NYC

11. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Poor Jacen. I can understand how he must feel. Too human, now, to live with the Vong. Too Vong to live with humans. *goes and give's him a hug* It'll be okay, you'll see.

Glad Jag is still willing to stay with Jaina. Now, they just need to inform the Chiss to back off.

Who pulled them outta hyperspace, or should I say what?

12. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Great job!!! that was soooo awesome! mushieiieieieiie~!

13. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    You are so mean with these cliffhangers. 8-}

Great post! :)

I really enjoyed the long talk that Jacen and Jaina had. And the fact that he was not truely free in his speech with her. That could became a problem.

I love the ever so very short mush, and bang next cliffhanger. [face_laugh]

Keep up the great work. :)

14. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    JM: Seems like Shimmra is persistent and although his timing needs work it was kind of him to let Jag and Jaina finish kissing. Either that or this is a friendly interdictor and the force was just being cruel in interrupting them. lol. :D Thanks for pointing out the similarities to the Admiral. I hadn't heard of him before but from what I read he sounds like a pretty interesting guy.

NYCitygurl: Yay! You're back!

J_M_Bulldog: Yeah, but I really do have plans for Jacen in this story.

JAGSGURL15: I was hoping that you'd like the mush! :D

FuzzyRatt: Sorry, but I do love them cliffhangars. :cool:

Okay so, about tonight's update. I was looking it over before I posted it and I realized that it made no sense whatsoever, even to me. So there's not going to be a post tonight. I didn't have time to rewrite it. Sorry. Hopefully I should have one ready by Friday. :(

@};-

15. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I haven't gotten around to reading all of the posts that you've made recently, but in case you haven't heard, I thought you'd like to know. Btw, congrats padawan on your nominations!

Best Romance:

The Many Faces of the Force by Jaina_Solo15, 3+ nominations
    Journey of Discovery Bk 3 Prism by Jedi 2B, 3+ nominations
    Journey of Discovery BK 2 by Jedi 2B, 3+ nominations
    Just a kiss by Jaina Durron, 3+ nominations
    Insatiable by Amidala Skywalker , 2 nominations
    Something Less Ordinary by Deneveon, 2 nominations

Best Underrated:

Many Faces of the Force by Jaina_Solo15, 3+ nominations
    Armageddon Inheritance by Star Lead 2 nominations
    Voyage of the Praxeum by Dev Binks 2 nominations

Congrats again padawan, and I hope everyone votes for you! :)

16. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Jaya Solo Thank you so much for letting me know about the nominations! :D I hadn't been keeping up with them.

And to everyone else, I don't know who nominated this story, but THANK YOU! Seriously you guys are the greatest readers. Most of you have stuck with me since the beginning of this story, and I really appreciate that. Thank you for reading, thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for nominating this story. I still can't believe it! :D

Oh yeah, and here's tonight's update!

Disclaimer: See previous chapters.

Jaina and Jag were running all out through the corridors of the Star Destroyer, heading towards the ship's control center as fast as they could. They had been scheduled to arrive at Bastion today, but they hadn't left hyperspace. They had been pulled from hyperspace and that almost always meant trouble.

Jag slammed bodily into a Tech going around the corner in the opposite direction and almost fell. Jaina caught his arm quickly, steadied him and pulled him back towards their destination. They made it to the turbolift a moment later, barely out of breath from their sprint through the ship. As the turbolift finally slid to a halt moments later, Jaina hardly even noticed that she had unconsciously reached over to take Jag's hand in her own as they stepped off of the turbolift.

She glanced quickly around the control center, looking for the officer in charge. To her relief that happened to be Captain Slarne for this shift. "What's our situation, Captain," she asked quickly as they approached him together. But before he could even speak, she could feel the tiny shivers that indicated weapons impacting against the Star Destroyer's shields and hull.

"Dovin Basal mines pulled us out of space, Colonel. The Vong were waiting for us when we came out of hyperspace. 'Skips are practically swarming us, but so far the rest of the fleet is hanging back."

Jaina glanced quickly at the large holographic projections that displayed the surrounding area of space and showed the current tactical situation, but Jag was already asking. "Have you been able to contact Palleaon or the rest of the fleet that's at Bastion? We're only in the outer edges of the Solar system."

Slarne shook his head once, sharply. "We're trying, Goddess, but it doesn't look good. The Vong have probably already jammed the frequencies."

She and Jag shared a quick glance. It was all that was necessary for them to silently converse and agree on their course of action. She switched her gaze back to the Captain. "Captain, deploy whatever squadrons of fighters that we have left to deal with the skips, but keep the other ships back until we see the rest of what we're facing." She looked back at Jag. "You'll take what's left of Twin Suns with the Spike's," she half-asked, half-informed him.

"I will."

She hesitated. She wanted to go with Jag, to fly his wing through this fight, but she also knew that she needed to stay there to coordinate the fighting on a larger scale.

Before she could voice her momentary hesitation, however, Jag was already nodding in agreement. "You'll have to coordinate things from here, Jaina," he said quickly, his mind thinking through the battle ahead as she was beginning to. He stopped a moment later and looked at Jaina. In that moment, his full focus was on her and not the chaos surrounding them or the battle before them. He moved closer to her, until there was no distance between them and kissed her gently. As he pulled away from the kiss, he whispered softly, so that only she could hear him, "I love you." His next steps carried him into the turbolift.

Jaina turned quickly back to Slarne as Jag left, her body language almost daring him to comment. "How many Vong ships are we facing, Captain," she asked him, moving closer to the holographic display in front of her as it lit up.

"It's not the largest fleet that we've faced, Goddess, but it is one of the most dangerous," he supplied as she studied the formations around them.After a

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wonderful post!!!!!

Is Jacen going to die?

NYC

18. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Darn, it was the Vong.

Liked how Jaina and Jag were thinking alike, her thinking that she?ll need to coordinate the fighting and him thinking the same. Liked the kiss and then Jaina?s body language daring Slarne to comment.

Good attention to detail by Jaina noticing the gap the Vong were leaving for Shimrra?s dirty great battlewagon.

Liked how Jaina?s reaction wasn?t so much to be worried that Shimrra was there as to be pleased with the opportunity to attack him. She has the Rogue Squadron attitude that being outnumbered means simply you have a better choice of targets. :)

Tactical error by Shimrra, now that Pellaeon knows the Supreme Overlord is there Jag no longer has to go tell Pellaeon that so he possibly go back to concentrating on fighting. :p
    That and the fact he just insulted the Supreme Commander of Imperial Forces by calling him too stupid to see through an obvious lie, by calling Bastion worthless, and by implying that Pellaeon could not do anything to stop this.

Good choice by Jacen in deciding to challenge Shimrra to a death-duel. Not something a Vong can refuse and Jacen is fairly expendable (since he can?t be entirely trusted thanks to Vong expertise in remaking minds) so it doesn?t matter (other than to Jaina) if he loses. Still for Jaina?s sake I hope Jacen wins or doesn?t have to face Shimrra.

19. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    NYCitygurl: No comment! :D

_JM_: Jacen is expendable?! :( Sure the guys a wimp but in the YJK when he actually had a personality he was pretty cool.

Sorry about not updating yet. DRL has been keeping me busy and I've also been playing the JC Hogwarts Trivia game and the fanfic trivia game, but I do have an update in progres. Hopefully I'll have one up soon!

@};-

20. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    yah know! i could care less if Jacen dies! as long as jaggie dotn!

21. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Jacen is expendable for the reasons I gave.

He has been in Vong custody for years and there is no way to know what hidden compulsions or programming could have been implanted in his brain (or without careful examination how much of ?his? brain is still original).

If you wanted to infiltrate an agent into the ranks of your enemies then letting them ?rescue? a ?fallen comrade? is a good way to do it.

22. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Yeah, I agree for those reasons. I guess I just get a little defensive of Jacen at times. He's one of my favorite characters and he gets the short end of the stick a lot of the time, imo.

Makes me wonder what you'll think of what I ultimately have planned for Jacen.

23. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    You know I could have sworn I replied to this. Oooh, my brain must still be on vacation.

Jacen's gonna duel Shimmra. I do wonder how Jaina's gonna take this. Not well, I suppose.

Jacen don't die does he? I like him.

24. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    *ahem*

UPPITY UPPITY UPPERSSSSSS....UPPPPERRRSSS UUPPPPPYYYY UPPPPPPSSSSSS! UPPY UPPY UPPY UPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY. UPPITY UPPITY UPPITY!!!!!! UPPITY UPPITY YUPITY!UPPERS UPPERS UPPERS UPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

*bows*

25. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    J_M_Bulldog: You know I could have sworn I replied to this. Oooh, my brain must still be on vacation. lol. I so feel the same way right now! :D I do wonder how Jaina's gonna take this. Not well, I suppose. Her reactions coming right up.

Swift_Wrath_SAB: Uh, yeah, so the postie coming right now. Thanks for the Up. *bows back*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.