main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Faces of the Force: Winner of Best Underated!! Completed July 7th!! Author Replies Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **cough*dieCallistadie*cough**

What were you saying about not liking Callista? :p

I like how you're using her in this story, but I was a HUGE L/M activist :p in the Zahn days :p Not on the JCF, granted :p

Excellent posts!

2. Darth_Bob_The_Fett

Darth_Bob_The_Fett Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    Page 2 and 50 Posts! Huray!

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Very good. Uh oh. Jaina seems to be falling apart without Jag there. When is he coming back???

4. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    COOL! I happen to enjoy reading about the stubborn Jaina Its Funny!

GRR. Calista is sooo evil and unwelcome!

:D!

GREAT POSTIE!

~ROGUE~

5. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    poor girl! she needs jag...

-jj00

6. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    "If Jaina had learned nothing else from Mara, it was how to be both scary and stubborn at the same time." [face_love]

This may not have been your favorite chapter to write but, I love that line. Very cool!

It's all set up, now let us see what Mara has to say about Callista!

No, Mara, put down the lightsaber! 8-}

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies! New postie soon?

8. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

hmmm mara meeting callista, i'm suddenly very intrigued on whats gonna happen with that. Although i'd like to see callista with ben, i have the feeling ben is gonna take after his mother, and want to kill her. :p

9. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Okay, first of all Saber-of-Light I agree and have no fears this story may have a mention of L/C but it is most definitly L/M. And I agree it is one of the best 'ships around and Timothy Zahn rules! It's totally sad that he's not writing any of the NJO.

Darth_Bob_The_Fett Thanks and I'm trying to get the date up when I update. It's a work in progress.

Jaina_and_Jag I'm not even sure yet, when exactly Jag is coming back, but he will be hopefully sooner rather than later and thanks for the uppies.

Rogue11JS I'm glad you like stubborn Jaina and just wait. If you thought Callista was evil before now.....

JJ00 I totally agree and i'm working on it.

FuzzRattI'm glad you liked that line, i wasn't sure if it would make sense. My brain was so totally not working when i wrote that. And well for Mara and Callie meeting you'll just have to wait and see.

Rose SkywalkerCallie and Ben; now there's one I'd only thought about a little and i hope the eventual Callista/Mara meeting meets ya'lls expectations.

Now on to the story.

Chapter 3b.

Callista paced the room where she was waiting, impatiently, watching Jaina and Kyp?s intense discussion through the window. Jaina had been right earlier, when she rebuked her for being a coward. She hated that the young Jedi was right, but right now she almost didn?t care. For the first time in over a decade, she was about to see the love of her all too long life.

Even on Chad, however, the news of Luke Skywalker?s wedding had reached her. It had almost blown her away. She and Luke had, had a farewell of sorts at their last meeting, but she hadn?t expected him to move on within a few years and to marry Mara Jade of all people. That woman had been one of the Emperor?s most trusted servants, one of his most loyal creatures, and now she had the audacity to play at being a Jedi Master.

If that woman was the quality of Jedi these days, well it was no wonder that the Vong were destroying them. Mara Jade couldn?t command a third of the raw power that she had at one time possessed. No, the only way Mara Jade was seen as respectable was probably by using mind tricks taught her by the Emperor on Luke. It simply wasn?t possible for a Jedi Master like Luke Skywalker to be involved with someone like her without something being wrong.

If nothing else, she would reveal Mara Jade for who she really was and in the end they would thank her for that.

Jaina stood in front of the door to her Aunt and Uncle?s suite, feeling unaccountable nervous. She knew that her Uncle had already left for the council meeting. All she had to do was announce her presence and let the announcer droid let her in. Assuming of course, that Mara didn?t already know she was out there; her aunt rarely missed anything. Allowing herself a snort of disgust at how she was acting, Jaina raised her hand to the panel beside the door and pushed the button that would activate the announcer droid.

She clasped her hands behind her back in the pose of a patient Jedi and blanked her face of the confusion in her thoughts, projecting a confidence she didn?t feel. A second later the door hissed open to reveal her Aunt.

?Jaina,? she said with a warm smile, glad to see her niece, ?Come in.?

?Thanks, Aunt Mara,? said Jaina suddenly felt more at ease than she had been moments ago, despite her nervousness. The two women embraced warmly as she entered. The last time they had seen one another was in the aftermath of Ebaq 9. Jaina especially, hadn?t been at her best.

?I didn?t know you were back on Mon Calamari,? Mara said with curiosity. Her original training had been of a more violent nature than simple intelligence gathering, but ten very interesting years with Talon Karrde had left her with the desire to know as much about everything as possible.

?I just got back,? Jaina replied, ?It?s not the whole task force, just Kyp and me. Something very important came up.?

?That had to be brought to the Council?s immediate attention

10. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    Many Faces of the Force, has my vote.

I really liked the Ben holos and Jaina's thoughts of the ones that Leia and Han must have of her and Jasen.

Good stuff. :)

11. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Great post again :)

I'm glad you like stubborn Jaina and just wait. If you thought Callista was evil before now....

That´s sounds very very promising ;)

Even on Chad, however, the news of Luke Skywalker?s wedding had reached her. It had almost blown her away. She and Luke had, had a farewell of sorts at their last meeting, but she hadn?t expected him to move on within a few years and to Mara Jade of all people.

Mara was always meant for Luke, not Callista! I waited for them to become a couple since I read the first Thrwan-trilogy. I was thrilled when it finally happened in the Zahn-duologie.

If that woman was the quality of Jedi these days, well it was no wonder that the Vong were destroying them. Mara Jade couldn?t command a third of the raw power that she had at one time possessed. No, the only way Mara Jade was seen as respectable was probably by using mind tricks taught her by the Emperor on Luke. It simply wasn?t possible for a Jedi Master like Luke Skywalker to be involved with someone like her without something being wrong

Ack, Calli is such an arrogant brat.

If nothing else, she would reveal Mara Jade for who she really was and in the end they would thank her for that.

I suggest to run for cover, just to make sure not to get hurt, when Calli and Mara meet :p

I hope you bring back Jag really soon.

Well I just discovered a thread today that informed that Callista was the number one character people didn't want to read about.

Could you tell me where I can find that thread, I´m just curious why other people don´t like her any more than I do.

Can´t wait for more :)

~Arissa

12. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    good post but evil woman!!!!!

i think mara should beat her up.

-jj00

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Very good. Can't wait until Jaina tells Mara Callista is there. lol. That'll be a good postie. :D

14. Rogue11JS

Jun 27, 2002
    *GRINS MISCHIVIOUSLY*

OOOO THEY ARE SOO GONNA HATE CALISTA!

MORE SOON???

15. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Cute story.
    (Jaina, sweetie I must warn you. Mara and Luke have an open bond. When he sees well you know, Mara will know and I for one wouldn't want to be the one sparring with her at that time. She might forget that she's not the Emperor's Hand.)
    Sorry about that just thought I'd warn the character.
    Anyway waiting patiently for more, especially the meeting between Mara and Calissta. That will be interesting.

16. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    thanks for the link 15! this is an awesome story!

first of all, i have to say you write battle-scenes very well (ie the first post of this story). is wes gone from this story or do we get to see more of him? jaina may not like him but wes is definately one of my favorites

i love the jaina/jag and jaina/kyp interactions. poor jag, he really doesn't understand but he is so understanding when jaina says she has to leave anyway. why can't all guys be like that? *sigh*... and you write kyp's character perfectly. love the little banter there between them.

callista... sounds like she has something up her sleeve. personally i thought when she brought jaina and kyp along to fight those vong that she was going to turn them over to the vong, so i guess i was wrong about that. either she has something up her sleeve or she was just too afraid to go back to the jedi. i don't know...

and poor jaina, having to tell mara about callista. telling her while sparring, though it would help mara release her anger, would not result in jaina coming out in one piece, let alone alive. they should have just sent callista into the room and let her and mara just "talk things out" [face_devil]

anyways, great story and hope we get more soon!

17. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    FuzzyRattThank you I was having trouble writing that scene and I think I will go with Many Faces of the Force.

ArissaThe poll discussing the character people hate to read about most is here. It was surprising to see that the next most hated character to read about was Mara though.

JJ00 I haven't decided if Mara will beat up Callie yet, after all Mara is a good Jedi now, but it is a definite possibility.

Jaina_and_Jag Well here it is, I hope you enjoy it.

Rogue11JS believe by the end of this story, Callista will most likely be no one's favorite person.

J_M_Bulldog Thanks for reading and well I hope you like it.

JedidaThanks, i have a really hard time writing battle scenes and I think Wes will around some more he is one of my faves, too. Everyone seemed to be worried about Jaina coming out of that sparring match in one piece, I wonder why 8-}

Well here it is.

Chapter 3c.

Five minutes later the two women stood in front of one another, stripped down to loosely flowing Jedi robes. Both of their lightsabers rested on a small ledge along the duracrete of the other side of the large open room where they stood. They had found a large abandoned warehouse, not far from where Mara was staying, but out of the way enough to guarantee privacy, the perfect place to spar.

Both women had adopted casual but watchful stances. This was not the first time by far that they had done something like this. One of the first things Mara had always taught her combat students was patience. In a fight with Mara it could take forever for a fight to begin, but that would also be the last break a student got during the fight. Patience had never been Jaina?s strong suite, but she had always been one of Mara?s best students.

It was a habit ingrained during her apprenticeship and flourishing with the cold and calculating style she had picked up during the war. Leaving her hands loose at her sides, Jaina waited. Everything inside her screamed to throw a punch at Mara or even dance around her a little, but she resisted. She had wanted to spar to dispel her nervous energy, but she wouldn?t be reduced to the fidgeting of an apprentice.

Slowly her mind was clearing, clearing of Callista, of Jag and even of worry about how Mara would take her news. It all came down to focus, focus and discipline. She felt it before she even saw Mara?s hand flash towards her head; Mara?s lightsaber flying towards her through the air at the same time.

Jaina stepped easily back from Mara?s blow and plucked her own lightsaber out of the air in a one handed grip at the same time as Mara reached her own. Jaina ignited it as she snapped her arm straight up, catching Mara?s sweeping slash. They stood frozen exerting force on their blades, testing the other?s strength and then as if a choreographed dance both women whirled away at the same time.

Jaina came back up quickly catching Mara?s blade and then they were lost in a blur of blue and purple light. Blades whipped and slashed through the air, hissing and snapping when they connected. Their blades flicked thought the air with the precision of neurosurgeons with a laser scalpel. Finally Jaina succeeded in pushing Mara backwards and slightly off balance.

Easily Mara turned the fall into a roll and came back up onto her feet facing Jaina. ?You?ve gotten better,? she complemented her former apprentice.

?You?ve gotten stronger,? replied Jaina returning the assessment even as they launched into another fast series of parries and slashes. Mara grimace at Jaina?s vague reference to her illness, but didn?t slow down or falter in the least.

Instead she tried a different tactic. She and Jaina rarely had these fights in silence, she ducked as Jaina?s blade whizzed past her head and scissored her legs to kick the girls feet out from under her. They had in fact, had some of their deepest conversations like this.

?Are you goi

18. Dria_Klivian

Dria_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    this is one of those *Be afraid be very afraid* or maybe *run ! run awaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!*

LOl

this promises to be interesting

Dria

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Very nice. Mara took it better than I thought.

20. Rogue11JS

Jun 27, 2002
    I agree with dria!

BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

21. FuzzyRatt

May 16, 2003
    You know, for someone that has a hard time writing battle scenes, you did a great job. The flow of the lightsaber duel was well done. I could almost see the match between Jaina and Mara. Excellent work.

Sorry, I was late in reading the post. I have been working over 13 hours a day for the late 3 days. Thanks for the PM. :)

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!! New postie soon???

23. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Nice posts there...sorry I took so long ot reply, I've been in California.

I liked your lightsaber duel...wanted to kick Callista for what she wants to do to Lukie and Mara...and this line was great:

Marra nodded and lowered her own lightsaber, the outcome of the match no longer important any longer. The expression on her face morphed from the slightly hurt, but thoughtful look she had portrayed when she was speaking to Jaina into a grin of almost vicious predatory delight. 'This is going to be so much fun,' she said more to herself than Jaina as she deactivated her lightsaber, walked over to her neice's side and put her arm around her in a friendly embrace. ââ?¬Å?Did I ever tell you about the last time I saw Callista?"

As they walked away though, Jaina had to wonder if Callista would find it funny or fun. Somehow she didn't think so.
    I don't think so either ;)

This beeth me 9,800th post! ;)

24. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Great post again JS15, very interesting :)

Thanks for the link :)

I´m with Rogue and Dria, be afraid!!!!

~Arissa

25. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Dria Why would you ever think something like that? [face_devil]

Jaina_and_Jag Thanks and you know what they say. The calm always comes before the storm and thanks for the up!

Rogue11JS Lol. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this. It's so fun to write.

FuzzyRatt Thank you very much. I'm glad you read it, even if you were late

Padawan lunetta Thank you for reading and I can't even imagine 9,800 posts. Thank you for posting it on my board.

Arissa The link was no problem and i found it intresting too.

Chapter 4.

Luke Skywalker sat in his council chair waiting patiently for the meting to begin. Once everyone was seated, Luke watched with interest as Kyp rose and took the proverbial floor.

?Masters, Knights and other assembled personages of import,? he said with an eloquence Luke had almost forgotten he possessed. ?Thank you for gathering here at my request. I have an important matter to bring before you today, which could possibly be an extremely beneficial asset to the war effort.? He paused as a few of those gathered gained interest or simply looked on in disbelief. He was after all Kyp Durron.

?One are last mission to Chad, the Goddess Jaina Solo and myself discovered a Jedi. Not any Jedi, but a Jedi of the Old Republic who can sense the Vong through the force.?

At this all of the gathered Jedi sat up a little straighter. This was indeed momentous news. When, however, the door opened and a middle aged woman walked in, Luke didn?t recognize her. Instead he noticed how everything about her seemed familiar. It wasn?t until the woman gave her blonde-brown hair an-oh-so-familiar shake that he recognized her.

Surprising even himself, Luke shot up out of his chair, ?Callie!? he practically demanded.

?Hello Luke,? she said with simplicity, although Luke realized as he sank belatedly back into his seat, it seemed as if few things would ever be simple again.

Sitting back down Luke tried to gather his thoughts. He hadn?t been so unsettled by something since he was under Yoda?s tutelage. This situation with Callista was complicated. If what Kyp said was true, he, as the foremost Jedi Master of the day, would be expected to deal with Callista, no matter what the personal situation was between them. It was awkward; that was the only thing Luke could say about it definitely. Ironically he suspected it would be harder for him to work with Callista now, than it was to work with Mara back when she was trying to kill him.

Honestly, though, he couldn?t say he regretted his relationship with Callista??Well parts of it anyway, but he certainly would never regret, resent, or wish he could undo his marriage. Mara was the love of his life and the mother of his child. She understood him better than anyone else in the galaxy. No, Callista was no temptation, he already had everything he could possibly want, but it could make things difficult.

?I nor the Jedi scholars were able to find the cause for my apparent force blindness,? Luke heard Callista saying as he tuned back in to the discussion, ?but I think that?s what allows me to sense the Vong. With the Council?s permission,? she requested with difference, ?I would like to begin studying this with the help of other Jedi. Perhaps if we can discover how I do this, it can be taught to other Jedi.?

Luke glanced around the table, checking the reactions of the other members. Most were nodding in agreement with Callista?s request.

Cilghal was the first to speak up, ?I concur. This could be a valuable asset to the war and also lead us to a better understanding of the Yuuzhan Vong and possibly help us save lives.?

Several of the other Jedi nodded, but Cal Omas cut in first. ?Ladies and Gentlebeings, it seems to me this is solely a matter of the Jedi, perhaps we should leave this to them and return to our duties.?

To everyone?s surprise most of the non-Jedi agreed easily and left. This wasn?t a matter of inclusive secrecy, but of little relevance to the other at that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.