main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Happy Returns - On hiatus due to bereavement - new message 11/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    JDH3 - Gosh, thanks. It's a pleasure to have another romantic on board, so welcome. :)

Whitey - Ah! All is clear . . . as mud. ;)

2. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    [image=http://www.bhs.org.uk/Animated-Clips/cookiemonster.gif]

You'll be seeing a lot of him 8-}

And it eats a cookie :D

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi Satine - I'm just eating cookies now although we call them biscuits ;)

I've just posted an edited version of Anakin's story on the Warrior of the Light thread if anyone's interested. It's the first link in my sig :)

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Rongo was the first to find his voice. "Did you say Anakin?"
    Okay - as you may remember, Tahiri's speech seemed to strike a chord with the swoopers. Will it help them or hinder them in their plan to rescue Lando and Tendra?

Chapter Thirteen (cont)

Tahiri turned back to him and stared at his incredulous expression curiously. "Yeah," she replied a little confused. "Of course."

"Anakin Solo?"

Tahiri nodded.

"The Anakin Solo?" Blue queried her. "Son of Han Solo?"

Tahiri studied him, uncertain for a moment whether he was being serious or just building up to some sort of joke.

"Yeah," she said a little tentatively.

Rongo and Blue exchanged wide-eyed stares, and then Blue snorted back a chuckle. "Makes sense when you think about it, I suppose. A smuggler?s son?s naturally going to find something in common with swoopers."

"Han Solo?s okay," Doc piped up. "My old man fought with him at Nar Shadda with the other smugglers."

"Mine too," came several voices from the middle of the room.

"You can count me in on any plan to get back at Tag," growled Doc. "I want to square things up for Jonno and Pet, and I think the old man?d be chuffed to know I was fighting with Solo?s son."

"You can count me in too," called a bearded man sitting with his arm around a woman at the large table. "My old man?d be proud as well. And I ain?t going to let no Vong give me four arms and legs."

"Hell, no ? you?re bad enough with just two," the woman quipped, but both Anakin and Tahiri could see her bravado was just a façade. "Count me in Rongo. I?d prefer to go out fighting than sitting waiting for those vaping freaks to get me."

"And me," growled a Trandoshan, shoving his bulk away from the back wall and swaggering towards the table. "I think Doc?s right. If we leave getting our revenge on Tag we might miss out altogether. Now he?s got his ugly mug into politics, how do we know he hasn?t got some sort of deal going with the Vong to turn the whole planet over?"

"Good point, Treetrunk," Blue nodded.

Rongo stepped forward and, placing his hands on his narrow hips, he nodded round at the gang members. "Okay, I?m going to put it to the vote. But I want to make sure everyone understands what we?re voting on. I?m going to ask you if you agree to us planning an attack on Tag?s warehouse, but it?s an attack that?s got to achieve three things. First, it?ll square things up between us and Tag so Jonno and Pet rest easy. Second, it?ll allow Anakin and Tahiri here to rescue their friends, and third, it?ll repay our debt to them. We?re not out to kill Tag ? we?re going to humiliate him. Ruin him. I know some of you want his blood ? so do I. But to help these two kids, we have to be content with ruining his business and exposing him for what he is ? a piece of bantha crap."

There was a long silence as Rongo let his words sink in. He gazed around again, establishing eye contact with some of the more outspoken members of the group.

"Everyone crystal clear about that?"

The gang members replied with grunts and nods.

"What if he accidentally gets in our line of fire?" grumbled the Trandoshan laconically.

"Work on firing curve shots, Treetrunk," Rongo grinned. "Okay. So if you want us to go ahead and plan an attack, put up your hand."

Anakin turned to Tahiri and took her hand, giving it an encouraging squeeze. "That was quite a speech," he murmured. "Fancy going into politics?"

She gazed up at him and her green eyes crinkled. "No way. That was from the heart. Politicians seldom talk from there."

Anakin chuckled. "I?ll tell Mum you said that," he said in a sing song accusatory voice.

"Oops, sorry. I forgot."

"Nah, what you say?s true for most of them." He thought about Borsk Fey?lya and turned back to watch as Rongo counted hands. "Looks like they?re going to do it."

"Yeah."

Rongo turned to them and grinned triumphantly. "Way to go, guys. Now I suppose you?ll want to help us plan it."

"Definitely," said Anakin seriously. "Althoug

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post! :D

You should become a writer. ;)

6. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    COOLNESS!!!!!!!!!

7. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    :D Let the planning being! Blue's right about not wanting to fight Anakin and Tahiri. Especially when Tahiri's mad.

Great job, Tahi. Lots of good character interaction. I really like the swoops.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    So they're joining him because he's Han's son. Rats. I thought it would be because they've heard of him. As of BP he had established quite a reputation for himself. And where are the ladies? Nobody's flirting with him, like those Twi'lek women did in BP. And Alema.

"That was quite a speech," he murmured. "Fancy going into politics?"

She gazed up at him and her green eyes crinkled. "No way. That was from the heart. Politicians seldom talk from there."

Anakin chuckled. "I?ll tell Mum you said that," he said in a sing song accusatory voice.

"Oops, sorry. I forgot."

"Nah, what you say?s true for most of them." He thought about Borsk Fey?lya...

How true. I'm certain Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and Tahiri became completely disgusted with politics after what Borsk did. Pity Leia didn't come to feel that way years ago. Things would have gone much better between her and the rest of her family in the long run. I'm only sorry Anakin and Tahiri didn't have the opportunity to vent their displeasure upon Borsk.

Rongo shook his head. "Give them Jonno and Pet?s."

Blue?s eyebrows shot up, making the tattooed serpent on his shaved skull undulate as if it was alive, but Rongo answered the non-verbal query with a confirming nod. In his eyes, Blue noticed the same expression he had often seen when Jonno was alive, and it occurred to him that maybe Rongo saw a little of his brother and Pet in the two young Jedi.

Reminiscing about Jonno? And I thought they were conspiring a little. Conspiracy:
    They noticed how Anakin and Tahiri looked at each other.
    They noticed the way their conversations went.
    Obviously they would want to be alone.
    Why not have them alone in the same room, and see what happens? Maybe Tahiri would tending to Anakin's wound personally. <wicked chuckle>

9. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, anakin and tahiri are great, and it was great how everyone's parents fought with han at Nar Shadda

10. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Good post Tahi. Not a lot of A/T but interesting anyway. You're fleshing out your supporting cast well. ;)

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Well Tahi you've done it again and I for one love the idea of Anakin as Han's son. The books seem to spend a lot of time focusing on the kids reputations without any real backround. I mean face it all the Solo/Skywalker kids(ok maybe not Ben yet) have impressive resumes but they do come from pretty famous stock. Anyway glad you had the "Black knights" recognize that even though it's the "New Jedi order" this is not new stuff for people like Anakin and Tahiri. 3 generations, one famous family!! Ok keep up the great work Tahi looking forward to more A/T mush(please!).

12. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Great job, Tahi! :D

I love that it was Han's name that actually got the attention.

And I ain?t going to let no Vong give me four arms and legs."
    "Hell, no ? you?re bad enough with just two,"

[face_laugh]

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I was a bit surprised, too, that they seemed to recognize Anakin's name, but then it turned out that they had latched onto the "Solo" part. Well, it makes sense that Solo is probably well known across the galaxy. As a parent, I wouldn't want my children to be famous, though, so I'd do everything in my power to keep them anonymous, no matter what great deeds they were up to. I don't know if Leia and Han tried to do the same or not.

I really liked the way Rongo decided that the gang had to put aside their feelings of revenge on Tag -- wanting to get his blood -- and concentrate instead on simply humiliating him, ruining his business, and exposing him for what he is, in order to help the Jedi the most. Now that's the sign of a good leader; doing what's best instead of just letting everybody run rampant. I also liked the way he didn't want Tag to "accidentally get in the line of fire", but made a joke out of it, so that nobody could feel he was stepping on their toes. Well done!

Loved Tahiri's comment about politicians seldom speaking from their heart, and the way Anakin threatened to tell his mother. I also liked the way he thought about Borsk Fey'lya! Good touch there.

Uh oh, the warehouse is on the border of Rancor territory? This sounds like it could get tense later -- very tense!

This was a great description, too: Blue?s eyebrows shot up, making the tattooed serpent on his shaved skull undulate as if it was alive.

14. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Blue chuckled, but it occurred to him that he was glad to be fighting with Anakin Solo and Tahiri rather than against them.

The only thing worse than fighting against them would be getting in between them *smirks*.

nina

15. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    That was great, Tahi!

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Now to reply to them. :)

Whitey - I'd love to be a writer. It would be like being paid to eat chocolate ;)

Lonewolf - yep, Tahiri's formidable when angry. Glad you like the swoopers as characters. :)

JA - I'm only sorry Anakin and Tahiri didn't have the opportunity to vent their displeasure upon Borsk Wow! That would be a sight to see. :D

The swoopers were familiar with Anakin's name, but they still thought of him in terms of his relationship to Han. I figured that Han has been around for long enough to be a legend to people like this, whereas Anakin is only new on the fame scene. Young women however would tend to notice Anakin rather than Han.

I also thought that being swoopers, they would probably notice Tahiri more than Anakin, and I also wanted to move Tahiri more into the spotlight. Although there again, Dajira fancies Anakin. ;)

17. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    It would be like being paid to eat chocolate
    [face_laugh]
    Yeah! That would be great! 8-}

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    forceaddict - thanks. Yep - not all the swoopers had relations at Nar Shadda, but some did.

Moff D - Yep - I want you guys to care about the swoopers. I don't want them to be token characters.

JDH3 - thanks, and glad you liked the Han connection.
    more A/T mush - To quote Pink Floyd: You don't get no pudding till you've eaten your beans!

Jade - Yep - dear old Han. :)

Jane - Thanks for the feedback on Rongo. I'm glad he's coming through as a good bloke.
    As a parent, I wouldn't want my children to be famous, though, so I'd do everything in my power to keep them anonymous, no matter what great deeds they were up to. Hear, hear! Kids need to be kids. This is slightly off topic - but I quite liked the way Mara dealt with Anakin. She was supportive, but kept him in his place well.

Jaina - :D That would be a good way to end up getting squished.

Satine - thanks :)

19. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    I hate this on page 2.

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Another post is on its way. I have a problem with the next chapter as it's very long. The first bit is okay to post by itself, but the rest is one long scene. I could break it in the middle, but I think if I do that it will spoil the effect. Do you guys mind if you get a shortish chunk and then a BIG one??

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't mind. I'll be looking forward to both parts, no matter how unequal in length they are. :)

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks Jane. In that case I'll post this first section today, and the loooong one in a few days. That will give me time to recheck it for errors.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Rongo pushed open the door to the room that had until recently been his brother's. For a moment he hesitated. The sight of Anakin?s youthful athletic form lying stomach down on the bed, his chin resting on his folded arms, reminded him so much of Jonno that he felt a lump rising unbidden to his throat. He swallowed hard as Blue glanced up, and hoped his voice would sound normal.

"You finished?"

"Just about." The tattooed biker glanced across at Tahiri, who was sitting on the other side of the bunk, and offered her the bacta cream and patches he was holding. "Actually, you could probably finish off for me, Tahiri. Give that raw patch in the middle some more ointment, and then - see what I did here?" He pointed to the blistered edges of Anakin's wound, which he had begun to cover with strips cut from larger bacta patches.

Tahiri nodded.

"Carry on making a perimeter of bacta strips to contain the layer of ointment. That should hurry up the healing process nicely."

Rongo patted his comrade on the shoulder. "He may be the ugliest triage nurse you?ve ever seen, but he knows his stuff." He gave Tahiri a wink. "However, I?m sure Anakin?ll be glad to get the good-looking one. Eh, kid?"

Anakin pivoted his head around slightly so he could see the tall biker. "They both have their advantages."

Blue chuckled. "Anyone ever tell you that you have diplomatic potential?"

"Try not to let it get around," said Anakin laconically. "I have my reputation to maintain."

Rongo?s brown eyes crinkled, and he watched for a moment as Tahiri cut off a bacta strip the way Blue had instructed. "Pity you can?t slap on whole ones, but we have to go easy on our supplies of those things."

"No need to apologise." Anakin?s statement ended in a slight grunt.

"Sorry," said Tahiri.

"You want some pain relief?" Blue asked.

Anakin shook his head. "We have some Jedi techniques we can use for that."

"Well, in that case I?ll leave you to it," said Blue. "Oh, and Tahiri ? just remember to put everything back in the kit as soon as you?ve finished."

"Sure."

"And get some rest will you," said Rongo. "No ? cancel that. I order you to get some rest. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir," chorused the two young Jedi.

"Think they?ll listen?" Blue said as he followed Rongo up the corridor.

"Nah. Young know-it-alls."

"We were like that once you know."

Rongo chuckled. "Possibly. Although I don?t think I learned the art of attracting pretty blondes until a few years later."

"I still haven?t learned it. Maybe I should ask the kid for some pointers." Blue let out a sudden guffaw as he remembered something. "Did you see Jaytee?s expression when she walked in? I thought we were going to have to shoot his eyebrows down off the ceiling."

"Along with a few other body parts." Rongo chuckled again, and shouldered the door to the common room open. "Actually ? it might pay to keep an eye on him. I?d hate to see him cut to shreds if he tries anything, and I?m meaning by Tahiri herself."

"You realise we?re beginning to sound like parents?"

"Yeah, makes you want to puke, doesn?t it?"

"I dunno." Blue had reached the bar and pulled two bottles from the cooler, smoothly levering the top off one by using the other?s cap. He took a few gulps and sighed contentedly, resting his elbows on the counter. "I guess you and I are like parents to some of these kids. At least when we beat them up it?s for a good reason, not just because we?re zonked out on spice or having a bad day." He wiped his chin, grinning.

"There is that." Rongo nodded, and ran his fingers over the pitted wood of the counter. "That?s what I used to hate about home ? never knowing what the rules were. Pretty difficult to know what?s right and wrong when it keeps changing. That?s why I don?t like us to have too many rules ?

23. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Conspiracy complete. Anakin and Tahiri alone. Anakin topless and in need of medical attention. Tahiri willing, able, and hopefully eager to give him attention. And I mean more than medical.

?They both have their advantages.?

Oh, yeah? Given a choice, I'd take Tahiri over Doc on any occasion. I wonder if Tahiri thought of putting on a nurse uniform. She'd be "in role" and be able to bring Anakin's blood to a boil at the same time. <wicked chuckle>

If you're planning to do what I think you're planning, the delay's going to torture me. But if you are planning what I think you're planning, and are currently going over it to check some of the "technicalities", the delay will be worth it.

At least Rongo and Blue are aware that Tahiri got the attention of some of the men in the group. I wonder if Anakin was able to get some of the ladies attention.

As for the Rancors, I wonder if Anakin and Tahiri asked if the Rancors had any disputes with Tag. If so, then a one-time alliance would be better than a distraction.

24. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Good stuff!!!!!

25. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Did you see Jaytee?s expression when she walked in? I thought we were going to have to shoot his eyebrows down off the ceiling."

"Along with a few other body parts."

[face_laugh]

"You realise we?re beginning to sound like parents?"

"Yeah, makes you want to puke, doesn?t it?"

[face_laugh]

Funny stuff, Tahi. LOL. Eric had to ask what I was laughing about! 8-}

Nice dialogue about how Rongo and Blue are like parents to the gang. Really great classical psych stuff. :)

JediAlly: Anakin topless and in need of medical attention. Tahiri willing, able, and hopefully eager to give him attention. And I mean more than medical.

[face_shocked] Yeah. I forgot about that!
    [face_mischief] Definitely has potential! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.