main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Happy Returns - On hiatus due to bereavement - new message 11/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't think you're alone there, DDR. :D It certainly adds a rather exciting edge to their relationship I suspect. ;)

2. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I think Rongo will let Jaytee stay because he's learned his lesson.... and I think Rongo will see he's changed. It was great that Tahiri played a big part in pushing Jaytee into facing up to Rongo too.... I like the strong Tahiri too and I'm not even a guy :D I think it's how she should be wriiten because that's how she seemed in most of the early books.
    The A/T part was great :) Looking forward to more soon. [pokey pokey] ;)

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi Mousie - thanks for the poke. ;) The next chapter will be ready soon.

I agree about Tahiri being written as a strong character. In face she was also written that way in the later part of the NJO. Glad you like her in this story anyway. :) Thanks so much for reading.

4. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    G'day, Tahi! :D

Oh my goodness, another chapter on the way?! Geeze, I really need to catch up so badly!

Priority # 1: Play catch-up on MHR. ;)

I'll get there soon, I hope.

Ant..

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ant - so good to see you again. And no hurry with catching up - you know how slow I am!!!! It's just good to see you around again. :)

And now - in trying to keep up a decent posting schedule, here's chapter 51. :) It's all about being . . . brothers under the skin.

[b]Chapter 51[/b]

?So, how does it feel to be back in your Jedi gear again?? Lando enquired, as he activated the plasticard lock on their hotel door and followed Anakin and Tahiri to the ground car that was waiting for them.

Anakin glanced back at him and then at Tahiri. ?Well,? he said diplomatically, ?it feels a bit more normal.?

Lando held the door of the vehicle open for Tendra. ?But?? he prompted.

Anakin sneaked another furtive look at Tahiri. ?Um, I guess we both wish it wasn't because of the occasion,? he replied. It wasn't untrue. Although they hadn't known Doc and Squid for long, they still considered them good friends ? loyal friends - and felt very sad to have lost them. It was only right to wear their robes as a mark of respect.

But, nevertheless, Anakin knew he wasn't being completely honest with Lando. The fact was he couldn't deny how good Tahiri looked in rancor hide ? and, no matter how right he felt to be back in his Jedi robes again, a small part of him couldn't help regretting the fact they would be returning their borrowed clothes.

He knew Tahiri was sorry, too, although she'd been a little vague about why. He looked across to find her staring at him, one eyebrow arched slightly, lips quirked. Sometimes he had the distinct impression that she could read him better than he realised, and he suspected that whatever skill it was that allowed her to do it had nothing to do with the Force.

?It's good of you and Tendra to help the Knights pay the burial fees,? she said to Lando, leaning forward so as not to have to raise her voice too much above the arthritic grind of the car's gears.

?It's the least we can do,? Tendra replied warmly.

Lando dismissed Tahiri's compliment with a wave. ?I'd like to be able to give them more, because apparently they're still in debt for the costs of burying Rongo's brother and his girlfriend. But I had to promise our friendly hotel proprietors a generous sum to clean up the mess Tag's men made when they captured you and Tendra. And to convince them it was safe to give us another apartment,? he added sardonically. ?And to ingratiate myself enough to make them want to move our possessions from the hotel's secure storage locker, where they'd been placed, into our new rooms so they'd be ready for us when we got back there.?

Anakin eyed the back of Lando's head balefully. ?I thought they'd have insurance for that kind of thing.?

He saw Lando turn to Tendra, although he couldn't see their expressions. ?For some reason, that I really can't explain, they'd forgotten to write clauses for kidnapping and damage by lightsaber into their contract.?

?Bet they won't make that mistake again,? said Tahiri blithely.

Anakin was silent. He'd wondered why Lando had looked so tight-lipped after the call he'd made to the hotel on the morning after their battle with Tag. It hadn't occurred to him that the hotel might not fully appreciate their efforts in restorative justice.

?Possibly,? Lando conceded. Anakin didn't need to see the older man's face to know it was pure sabacc deadpan. The tone said it all.

?Well, anyway, thanks for sorting it all out,? he said gruffly.

?No problem.? There was a slight pause before Lando added, ?I needed a comfortable bed as much as anyone. And I knew you two would be relieved to have rooms to yourselves again.?

Tahiri appeared to have developed a sudden interest in the roof of the ground car, although Anakin doubted it was because of its curiously gaudy, fake nerf-hide lining. He sighed inwardly sensing this was going to become a familiar refrain. It really was annoying how little Lando understood about both him and Tahiri, but he chose not to take the bait.

?Yeah,? he said. ?I wonder if Vehn's had any luck locating his ship.?

?I guess w

6. DaveSlave1

DaveSlave1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    Nice post Tahi, really liked the fabulously awkward exchange in the car with Lando. The swoopers are awesome charecters, really lovely exchanges with them, i really hope well be seeing them in the sequel :)

By the way im sure im missing something but I still have no idea what Tahiri wants for her brithday :confused: :D

7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    You decided to skip to the funeral? I thought we would see how things went between Rongo and Jaytee?

The fact was he couldn't deny how good Tahiri looked in rancor hide

[face_laugh] Ah, teenage hormones. Anakin's still a red-blooded male. As for Tahiri's skill, I think it's a case of, "She looked good in rancor hide. She knew it, and she knew Anakin knew it."

If they can't take the clothes with them, they should do the next best thing - find out where Rongo and the others got them and get their own set.

I think this venture put a bigger dent in Lando's finances than he anticipated.

And I knew you two would be relieved to have rooms to yourselves again.

Lando's becoming as bad as Corran was when he asked, "Should I have left you two unchaperoned?" after they kissed. And somehow I don't think Anakin and Tahiri were too relieved to be sleeping in separate rooms again.

Lando quoting Threepio - never thought I'd see the day.

Anakin was on eggshells when he talked to Lando about Vehn.

"Don't get too carried away, my love," Tendra warned him. "One scoundrel in the family is plenty ? think of Leia."
    "I am thinking of Leia," Lando reassured her. "I'm teaching her son survival tactics. It's a big, bad galaxy out there, and it doesn't always conform to Luke?s vision of it."

How true those statements turned out to be, and not just for Anakin and Tahiri. And Lando's remark is something that Han would say.

"It's okay, Tendra. I appreciate it ? really I do. Dad's always reckoned Mum doesn't have enough scoundrels in her life."

LOL! How many scoundrels does she need?

Even in Jedi robes, Tahiri's turning heads. She'd probably cause brains to shut down if she were ever to wear Leia's slave outfit or Aayla Secura's clothes.

Anakin couldn't help grinning inwardly at the probable reaction that he and Tahiri would receive if they turned up at Eclipse in their swooper garb.

I can see it just now:
    "What's taking you two?" Lando called up the ramp.
    "Coming!" Anakin said.
    They come out in full Rancor gear, including the shades. Anakin had his arm around Tahiri's waist.
    The looks on the Solo/Skywalker clan was priceless.
    "Who are you, and what did you do to my son/brother?" Leia/Jaina/Jacen asked.
    "Lando!" Han exclaimed.
    "Whoa, good buddy. I can explain."
    "Don't blame him," Tahiri said with a grin. "I'm the one who suggested we put these on and give you a surprise." With that, she gave a spin to give them the full view.
    "I've given up trying to argue with her," Anakin said.

I think whoever else is there would be chuckling. I can also see the girls, including Alema, blushing and grinning appreciatively at Anakin's appearance, while the boys would be bug-eyed over Tahiri's appearance.

Looks like Rongo gave Anakin a harsher beratement than Tahiri did over his guilt about those who died under his command. That's a lesson Anakin could never learn. Just as his namesake could never learn and accept Jedi detatchment.

I guess Dinarra Security's going to turn a blind eye towards the Rancors for as long as they continue playing as straight as swoop gangs go.

Neijal's been giving him some, um, extra healing sessions

I think I know what kind of healing sessions Neijal gave Qorl. Probably what could have happened between Anakin and Tahiri when she was treating his blaster wound in your story, and what probably happened between Raynar and Eryl Besa in SBS.

I thought Rongo would be concerned about Zed driving because of his drinking. If anything should happed during the funeral procession because Zed was drunk, at least they were already on their way to the cemetary.

The crisis is over, and now Anakin can get back to resolving the crisis he was facing when he left the Errant Venture - a birthday gift for Tahiri. If he doesn't solve it soon, he'll need a fast bike. But he should forget the healer because he'll be dead.

8. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post as always

great work showing the emotion of all the charectors when dealing with the loss of people close to them, its not something that is easy to put into words, such a strong feeling like that, but you were great as always

it was perfect the way you show Anakin being so strong/tough and capable yet still so young and inexpiernced in certain areas at the same time, so much potential yet still so much to learn

again fantastic post keep up the great work and cant wait for more

have a safe and happy holiday season

9. KatMom

KatMom Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2008
    Anakin and Tahiri in this chapter were just great, and were the way I think of them ... teens and yet with all the responsibility of Jedi. Love the Lando comments, boy he never gives up. ;) It's also good to see Lando being able to assert himself again. He's at a loss when it comes to teens but he's really good at dealing with other situations. I really like the way you show that.

Some lovely sad but true moments in this seen through Anakin's point of view. Really loved it. Thanks. :)

10. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    DaveSlave
    Glad you enjoyed the Lando/A&T exchange.

I can see that I might have to find a way to include the swoopers ? or at least some of them - in the next story. I did think of a possibility the other day, so will work on including it in the plan. :)

I admit to being a bit obtuse with the clues for the present. I'm hoping that it will be a case that once it's revealed, it will appear to be obvious in hindsight. ;) If that makes sense. LOL

Thanks so much for reading, and also for your feedback - really appreciate it. :)

JA
    I decided not to include the JT/Rongo talk, but would imply later on what was said. It was a choice made due to pacing concerns.

Anakin IS mot definitely a red-blooded male ? his father's son in other words. ;)

Lando's becoming as bad as Corran was when he asked, "Should I have left you two unchaperoned?" after they kissed. And somehow I don't think Anakin and Tahiri were too relieved to be sleeping in separate rooms again.
    Ha ha ? I agree. I think Lando has more in common with Corran now than he had ever thought possible.

And Lando's remark is something that Han would say.
    Thanks. Appreciate that comment.

I think Leia is happy with just two scoundrels. :D No need to get too carried away.

I laughed at your Eclipse scenario. :D Classic.

Yes, Tahiri WOULD turn heads in her swooper gear. ;)

I think it's not so much Dinarra Security being nice as Chastin tweaking them a bit to atone for their failure to deal with their rotten chief. Heh heh And yes, they've been "encouraged" to cut the Knights some slack. I think Toberof realizes that they are not the average gang.

Rongo was worried that Zed isn't fit enough yet to drive his swoop, and thought he should be on the speeder with him. He wouldn't want a swoop crash in the funeral cortege!!

Yes ? ha ha ? Anakin better get his thinking cap on. And fast.

Thanks for reading and for the cool review. :)

Force
    Thanks. :)

great work showing the emotion of all the charectors when dealing with the loss of people close to them, its not something that is easy to put into words, such a strong feeling like that,
    I appreciate that comment a lot. One of the major things I wanted to show in this story was the effect of "big" events on the average person who gets kind of caught up in things beyond their usual scope.

Thanks also for the comment about showing Anakin being strong/tough and capable yet still so young and inexperienced. Yes ? that's exactly what I was trying to show. :) That kind of brash, teenage aspect of his contrasting with the fact that his training has been a bit one-sided. Mara has helped him in that respect, but yes, he has a lot to learn.

You have a lovely holiday season, too. :) And thanks so much for the lovely feedback.

KatMom
    Thanks ? and so glad that A&T came over as you like them. Yes, they have huge expectations and yet are still just teenagers at heart. Bless 'em. :)

Poor Lando. LOL I've had some fun with him. But you're right about him finding himself on more familiar ground at last and enjoying being able to be the top dog again.

Glad you liked Anakin's ponderings. :) Thanks so much for the review.

11. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Sorry, Tahi! [:D] I'm running short on time! Loving your wrap up. =D=

12. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Excellent updates, Tahi! One thing I've always enjoyed about your writing is how you always fill in the details. So many writers skip ahead of things, trying to get the story to move forward at break neck speed, but you've always know that it's the details and the little moments in between that really make up the story. [face_smile]

You also have a great talent with OCs, which you've shown time and time again in this fic. As I said before, lovely posts. You've done a great job with all of the characters and the plot, and I look forward to seeing how everything wraps up. =D=

13. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Geez, I can't believe I didn't notice this was updated :oops: :(

Anakin sneaked another furtive look at Tahiri. ?Um, I guess we both wish it wasn't because of the occasion,? he replied. It wasn't untrue. Although they hadn't known Doc and Squid for long, they still considered them good friends ? loyal friends - and felt very sad to have lost them. It was only right to wear their robes as a mark of respect.

Ah, time for the funerals, I guess :(

He saw Lando turn to Tendra, although he couldn't see their expressions. ?For some reason, that I really can't explain, they'd forgotten to write clauses for kidnapping and damage by lightsaber into their contract.?
    ?Bet they won't make that mistake again,? said Tahiri blithely.

lol!

I like the idea of lightsaber insurance [face_thinking]

?I guess Tag was a bit too busy to have any time to spend on that little problem,? Anakin observed. He couldn't imagine how Lando would feel if anything had happened to his ship, but it would probably be close to how his father would react to the loss of the Falcon . . . well, almost.

Han would spend the rest of his days wearing black in a state of perpetual mourning, I imagine.

Lando shook his head and swiveled back around, catching his wife's eye en route. Anakin heard a faint snort which he took as a good sign. ?I'll see what I can do,? Lando sighed. ?I guess I'll have to maintain my apparent reputation as a magician.?
    ?And philanthropist,? Anakin added, and caught Tahiri's appreciative smirk.

Stroking Lando's ego. I see Anakin knows just how to manipulate Lando :p

Anakin watched the car as it maneuvered back out on to the street; then he followed Lando up to the door. ?Wow ? that was generous.?
    ?No, that was insurance,? Lando corrected him glibly.

[face_laugh]

Anakin couldn't help grinning inwardly at the probable reaction that he and Tahiri would receive if they turned up at Eclipse in their swooper garb.

I'd kind of like to see that myself [face_mischief]

Anakin heard Tahiri sniff and give a little hiccup, and suddenly he found it hard to look the swoopers in the eye. ?We, um . . . . we're sorry it turned out this way.? Even to his ears, his voice sounded strangely tight.
    Suddenly something that felt like a vice gripped his arm and he started, only to find a Rongo's gaze burning into him like forge coals. ?Don't . . . even go there, Anakin. They ain't sorry, so don't let me hear any crap about blame ? d'you hear me??
    ?It's not that--? he began to protest.
    ?Squid died trying to help Muss. Doc took the shot that should have been mine,? Rongo growled, anger painting his wan cheeks with fiery red blotches. ?I'd have done the same for him ? do you understand? It's what brothers do.? His voice trembled, impassioned. ?Don't turn it into some pathetic milksop guilt-trip!?

Wow. This whole exchange really hits you in the chest. Beautifully writing, Tahi =D=

?Neijal's riding with Qorl,? Iliana told him.

[face_mischief]

?No, he's fine. Neijal's been giving him some, um, extra healing sessions.? She winked.
    Blue stared at Anakin and Tahiri and then at Rongo. ?Lucky old bastard,? he said shaking his head.

[face_laugh] :_|

Anakin had to clamp down on the dismissive snort that almost escaped his lips. ?Yeah, I reckon we'll manage.? He noticed, with a sinking feeling, that Tahiri was still studying him speculatively, despite his best efforts to mask the fact that Blue's revelation about presenting a gift to the two dead swoopers had rattled him. He tried to convince himself that this was mainly because he was upset with himself for not being able to come up with any good ideas as to what to give.

It's interesting the way this fic has come full circle, as I remember Anakin's inability to think of a good gift being the catalyst for most of this to begin with.

And somehow that fleeting glimpse made Anakin realise even more strongly that the things worth fighting for had nothing to do with politics or erudite philosophies ? i

14. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    That was great.....the scene in the ground car, and the bit where Rongo gave Anakin a telling off were my favorites. Especially the scene with Rongo. I just really like the way you write him and Blue and the others.... they have such real emotions it's cool :) That scene really showed how much Rongo loved his dead friends and how much he needs to think about them as heroes and that their deaths get celebrated as heroic. I hope that makes sense....it's hard to explain and yet I see why you wrote that scene in that way.

It was an emotional chapter....funny at the start and then sad and then Anakin's thoughts made me think too....

Can't wait for the next one even though it'l probably be sad [face_crying] and then we get to find out if Anakin figures out the present :D

Have a great Christmas Tahi and I expect you'llhave a real good time spent with your family :)

15. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    **huff** Eighty... **pant** ...page... **huff** ...marathon... **pant** ...read... **huff** ...complete...

[drops dead of exhaustion]

[Force ghost appears]

I've really gotta stop doing this to myself. [Looks at suddenly transparent hand] Would you believe it's the third time? [face_blush]

This is one of the best A/T fics I've ever read, Tahi, and that includes every last canon one. You write them both so well, and I love how you've used Lando and Tendra. We don't see enough of them. I love the swoopers, too! Please include them in the sequel! [face_praying]

I could go on forever listing out every chapter, but I'd probably die of exhaustion for the fourth time. It's really not pleasant, take my word for it!

Oh, and I can't wait for the next post! It'll be good to see the funeral, even though I know it's going to be heartrending. After that, though, we get to see if Anakin guessed Tahiri's present right! :D

[Looks at blue-glowing body] Hopefully I'll be back to normal by then...

Draco's Force-Ghost. O:)

16. DaveSlave1

DaveSlave1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    Swoopers in the sequel=a very good thing :D

Yea, im certain when the present is revelaed its going to be a smack on the head why didnt I think of that moment, but still good to know I havent missed anything glaringly obvious :)

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wow - where has the last week gone? I swear it gets busier each year no matter how hard I try to be organised early. LOL

Thanks for the replies, guys - I'll be posting proper replies to each of you in a few days, when it quietens down here. But I will say welcome and thanks to Draconarius - it's always good to meet a new reader. :)

I just dropped in to say Merry Christmas to you and all my readers. :) Have a safe and happy new year, too. As you may have guessed there won't be an update this week, but I'll have one for you in the new year. I'll be spending time with family over the next two weeks so won't be able to write.

Thanks so much for all your lovely responses to the story this year - and thanks also for the support. [:D] to you all.

18. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    hey Tahi hope you had a Happy Holiday, just got back from Florida and I am beat, we drove straight through from Florida to Jersey coming back, we left Florida at about 7:30 and didnt get home til about 12:45, but Florida was great about 80 the first two days we were down, where we hit the beach one day, and Busch Gardens theme park the next, then me and my brother went golfing with my Grandfather and the weather was perfect, mid 70's slight breeze not a cloud in the sky, we had a great time, hit the beach our last day, it was a lil cooler and more cloudy but still not a bad beach day, so it was a great time, and it isnt nice coming back to Jersey and finding the temperatures in the 20's, but again hope you had a great holiday

UP

19. -DDR-

-DDR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2007
    Sorry to be late getting here. Got waylaid by an old guy in a red suit ;)

Great chapter as usual. Gotta agree that the swoopers are awesome characters. I thought the Rongo-Anakin bit here was cool and pretty emotional in that I can see how close Rongo was to old Doc. He's going to miss him but he needs to know his friend died strong, being a man and doing what a man does for his best friend. I like these points you bring out about your OCs, makes them feel real. I also liked the idea of Toberof letting the Knights get some sweet revenge on the Rancors by collecting some of their bikes.

I tell you, Anakin had better figure out Tahiri's present soon or he'll be bantha tucker. :D

Hope you had a great Christmas, Tahi. Enjoy your holiday too, and don't worry about hurrying, we'll be here when you're ready with the next chapter.

20. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
  21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    First, I must apologise for being so late getting back here but it's been a case of making the most of family for a few weeks - which I'm sure you'll appreciate is important. The busier we get with work etc., the less time we seem to have for just chilling with the rellies. :)

So now - those replies I promised a while ago. [face_blush]

TSF
    Thanks for popping in - and I know all about the rush. :) Glad you're enjoying the tying up of ends.

Lonewolf
    Hey - so good to see you. :) And thanks for those lovely comments. I have to admit to enjoying filling in backgrounds and scenes - it helps me, too, to get a sense of mood and also to enhance the personalities of the OCs. Glad that you feel the OCs come through okay. And hopefully it won't be much longer before we get to the final wrap up. :)

Yoda
    LOL about the lightsaber insurance. :D With A and T around, I think it should be strongly advised.

Glad you liked the Rongo-Anakin bit. Rongo has his own strong set of beliefs about sacrifice. He believes them, and he also NEEDS to believe them - if that makes sense - hence his vehemence. :)

It's interesting the way this fic has come full circle, as I remember Anakin's inability to think of a good gift being the catalyst for most of this to begin with.
    Heh heh - Back to the Future. ;)

Love Anakin's revelation here. It's so true. Reminds me a bit of Anakin's revelation in Conquest.
    Yep - glad to hear that. Anakin's ongoing development of his ideas about the Force and about the role of the Jedi is a very important theme here - and will be pivotal in the sequel. Along with Tahiri's of course. ;)

Yes, Toberof and Chastin probably realise they owe Anakin, Tahiri and the Knights one. :)

Mousie
    Hi there - and thanks so much for the Xmas wishes. I did have a lovely time with my granddaughters. :)

I like your point about Rongo needing to see Doc and Squid as heroes. He does. And heroic to him is giving one's life for a brother. Glad you felt the chapter had a bit of contrasting emotion in it.

Yes, the next chapter will be sad - but hopefully uplifting at the same time. And I guess you'll have to see if it deals with the issue of the present. :D

Draconarius
    It's so good to have you aboard. :) I hope you've become resubstantiated - if that's actually a word - ;) and have recovered from your exhaustion. Xmas cake and good wine might have helped I guess. ;)

Would you believe it's the third time?
    My goodness - you're a glutton for punishment aren't you? LOL

Thanks so much for the very kind comments - I really appreciate them. [:D] I, too, have grown fond of Lando and Tendra. And it does look as if the vote is weighing heavily in the swoopers' favour. I'll see what I can do with my outline.

I could go on forever listing out every chapter, but I'd probably die of exhaustion for the fourth time. It's really not pleasant, take my word for it!
    It sounds excruciating. :D Of course, if you were a Yuuzhan Vong that would be very enjoyable.

Oh, and I can't wait for the next post! It'll be good to see the funeral, even though I know it's going to be heartrending. After that, though, we get to see if Anakin guessed Tahiri's present right!
    Heh heh - yep. And I hope that scene is worth the wait.

DaveSlave
    Hi again. :) No - I'm pretty sure it hasn't been obvious. ;)

Force
    I had a lovely holiday, thanks. And a good rest. Golly - that sounds like a huge trip!! What is Busch Gardens Theme Park? Florida sounds great anyway. :)

We did some nice walks on the beach with our dog, Chewbacca. At night, though, as she tends to try and save people from the surf if you take her there during the day. She associates people screaming with excitement with "Help, I need to be rescued!" And having a huge 80kg Newfie drag you from the surf when you're actually quite enjoying it tends to be a bit scary!!! It's also embarrassing for us. LOL "No, lady, she didn't try and EAT y

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Just dropping in to say that the next post will be up a bit later than I had hoped. It's my daughter's 21st birthday next weekend, and the preparations have been a bit more time-consuming than I thought, plus I've had a few other distractions to deal with - so, many apologies, but the next chapter will probably not be up until next week.

Thanks for your patience with slow old me. [:D]

23. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Hmm..Going to up this!

Okay, where do I start? I'm not really sure so I'll just say that as usual Tahi, I loved the way you write Anakin and Tahiri. I also love the way you portray Lando, he seems very much in his element when you write him.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next post, it may be a funeral but at least we'll get to see what Anakin got Tahiri!

Morgoth :)

24. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey Tahi

ya Busch Gardens is like a theme park and a zoo put together, so its a good time for the whole family, its got rides and animals so u can either go nuts on a roller coast or relax on a safari ride, its a great place(and its owned by a beer company so there is a tasting center with free beer =D= )

glad u had a good holiday, and ur dog sounds like a roit, I knew big ass Chow Chow named Chewie, he looked like the cross between a bear and a wolf, thing used to walk me and my bother when we watched him, had to use all my force not to get dragged around, good times

cant wait for the next post but understand that life and all that fun stuff comes first, hope all is well

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Morgoth
    Great to see you. Hope you had a great Xmas and New Year.

Thanks for the comments - very sweet of you. I've enjoyed writing Lando both in his element and out of it. lol

Force
    Busch Gardens sound awesome. I like the sound of the safari rides. Ah - Chows are magnificent beasties. They do look pretty fearsome, though, and they are quite strong dogs, so I can imagine you getting taken for a walk. :D Chewie used to be a bit like that when she was younger, but she's mellowed a bit as she's grown older - thank goodness.

Yes - as you say - RL takes precedence. The 21st went very well though, so it was worth all the preparations. The funniest thing was my 4 year-old granddaughetr hip-hop dancing to the music. Had us all in stitches - but the cute thing was that she was so engrossed in the music, she wasn't aware of us. I can see we'll have to get her into dance class.

Now that that's over, I should be a bit freer to write this week. Woohoo. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.