main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Partings. Post NJO Vignette [Companion to Many Partings in the Saga Board]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mirax-Jade, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Okay. So this is a companion peice to a story called Many Partings in the Saga board, link in my profile.

You might want to read that one first. ;)

Many Partings

One by one the raindrops fell on her face as she turned towards the sky. Today was a day for remembrance, and remembering wasn?t always easy.

Leia Organa Solo sighed. Remembering was the hardest part of facing the past. Luckily, they had made a holiday for it, so everyone could do it together and get it over with all at once. Leia raised her arms out and let the rain soak through her hair, now chest-length, her clothes, and what felt like her soul.

Leia heard the screen door slide open behind her, and without turning she knew who it was.

?You might catch a cold out here, Your Worship.? Her husband?s deep voice resonated from behind.

?I?d rather remember the sad things outside, where it seems the world is crying, right along side me.? Leia crossed her arms in front of her.

Han came up behind her, and encircled her with his arms. When she looked up to face him, he gave her a half smile and a kiss on the nose. ?Fitting that it rains on Remembrance Day.?

?It?s done so for years.? Leia leaned back against Han?s now wet chest.

Han blinked up at the rain and smiled again. ?You remember the first Remembrance Day we spent together??

?On the Falcon? Leia remembered, ?We burned paper people to help me say goodbye to my family on Alderaan.?

Han nodded. ?And the one after that??

?More paper people, except Luke was with us that time?and Wedge. We said goodbye to Biggs, and the others who died at Yavin and Hoth.?

?Yep. And then we burned paper with Luke again, for your father?s deaths, then later with Mara because Luke dragged her along. We burned her past, remember?? At Leia?s nod, he continued. ?Then later with Luke and the kids. For Gaeriel and those who died in Corellia.?

?Then after our peace treaty with the Empire. With the kids, Luke and Mara again.? Leia smiled softly. ?And our final time spending it all together?with someone to mourn for, was when Mon Mothma died.?

They both stood in silence as they remembered how many had died since then, and how none of them had had a proper burial from them.

?I have one piece of paper left, Leia. Jacen and Tenel Ka are in the kitchen, Luke and Mara with Ben in the living room, and Kyp and Jaina are around here somewhere too.? He removed himself from Leia, and took her hand. ?Shall we say goodbye, for hopefully, one last time??

Leia?s eyes filled with tears as she nodded. She desperately prayed to every Alderaanian god she remembered from her childhood that she would not have to say goodbye to another child.

Han led her back inside, where Luke had blankets waiting for them. Leia went and got Jacen and Tenel Ka, Kyp and Jaina, while Han went to the closet and pulled out the last piece of sacred paper he?d gotten from Dewlanna as a child. Luke started a fire in the fireplace while the others looked on.

Han cut out figures and one by one, they said goodbye to those who they?d lost throughout the course of the war. When they reached to a small portion of the paper left, they all knew who must be next.

As the fire died down, Han handed the paper to Leia, who cut out a small figure. ?Goodbye Anakin.? She placed the paper person in the fire, and they watched as he turned to ashes. Silent tears ran down their faces as they said goodbye to the one that they all loved.

They watched as the fire came to a halt, and Han carefully removed the ashes. By now the rain stopped, and Mara, Luke, Ben, Kyp, Tenel Ka, Jacen and Jaina followed Leia and Han outside.

Together they cupped the ashes in their hands and threw it up in the air, allowing the wind to catch them, as they all said a final silent goodbye.

Goodbye.

2. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Amazing, Mirax-Jade. Wonderful tie-in with your lovely fic in Saga. I'm sorta depressed! Fantastic work with the many, many people who've died over the years - it makes you wonder how those two got through it all, eh?

Beautiful!

*KR*

3. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Hey! Thank you! I know...so many deaths... :(

I suppose they are just really really strong.

4. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    ::kicks up::

Because I'm pathetic. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.