main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Many thanks for the BBQ!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by frankm, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankm

frankm Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    We just wanted to say thanks to Jess and Yvonne for the great afternoon and for hosting all of us! Beer and good company, can't ask for more. We want to get together with you two and go to dinner or out for some drinks.

And to Jawamom, thank you for the cake and present. I promise to rub her majesty's feet. I already owe her a massage! Brandy and I want to invite you and yours out for dinner some night. Email me at contact@zerofournine.com or call us at 294-4583.

2. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    yes! thanks to Jess & Yvonne for having another great time at their casa! You guys are the best!!!

3. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Yeah guys thanks! It was a blast and I had alot of fun! [face_dancing]

4. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    many many thanks for the great day, food and company

5. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Great food, great friends, great beer= great time. Thanks Jess and Yvonne

6. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    THANK'S Jess And Yvonne and Family for having us over. had a great time and was nice hanging out with the gang. Everyone have a safe and great 4th of July see you all later. great party
    Jess you guys Rule.

7. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    Yes, thank you so much! We had a great time and it was nice to get to meet more of you in person. :D

8. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Jess and Yvonne proving once again what amazingly wonderful people they are!!!

i had a fabulous time seeing everyone again, you guys are awesome!

9. pat_b

pat_b Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Yeah wanted to say for Lisa and I we had a great time, and thanks to Jess and Yvonne for hosting the event.

10. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Thank you Jess and Yvonne! We had a great time. It was good to see everyone. [face_peace]

11. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    is there a morning after pill for hangovers? (not tylenol or those others)

12. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    BBQ !! Dang I am missin everthing!

13. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks Jess & Yvonne for the great time! Our family had a blast!

14. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Deb, we really missed you. At least I did. :* Wished you had been there.

This really was a great day, Jess and Yvonne. Thanks for hosting. You guys have the whole hospitality thing down!

I really enjoyed getting to know a lot of you better than ever, and I just want to say this is a really magical group of people. I spent almost ten hours with you all and never got bored once. Such a fascinating, inspiring, and genuinely nice group of people! I want to get to know each of you on a more personal basis. Thanks for letting me be part of this group.

Hey... and that zombie movie really rocked, didn't it?

Everything rocked.

Let's do it again soon.

-propgeek

15. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Yeah,thanks, J and Y!

Cyndi, I missed your Zombie screening! I hope I can see it later?

16. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Sorry we missed everyone at the BBQ, but we were down south in Roswell for the Alien Festival. (Can't hit too many festivals.) I wore my Fett costume for the Galactic Costume Contest, and even though I was too late to register, the crowd decided I needed in on the contest. Well, I was one of many winners, and guess what you win? A chance to walk in the parade down 15 blocks of Main St., in the dark, after 9 p.m., and behind the horses! Well, as I'm hanging out with the alien costume geeks, wondering when we'll get started,(and I'm sweating to death in the heat.) Guess what I hear? Then I see this Humvee pulling a trailer and blasting Star Wars music. Well, that was my sign! I ran, in my toe spikes, and caught up to the four people in front of the Humvee, carrying their sign, and joined right in. They were wearing Greedo and Watto masks and throwing candy. They said they were from the hopsital, so I fit right in (being a therapist.) The music charged me up and I waved to the kids the whole way. That really made my night! Afterward, I realized that there was a whole group of walkers that had been behind me wearing low-tech stormtrooper masks and white suits. They all were with the hospital. I guess they did the Star Wars theme last year and won first prize for the parade. I talked to a few people, but none seemed to be die-hard fans. I just kept thinking, what would the crowds think of "real" stormtroopers? But then I thought about the long march and the extreme heat (with humidity.) Some of the uneducated crowd yelled "Darth Vader" to me, or "Jango Fett." These poor souls need enlightenment. However, now that I've made my trip to see the Alien Festival, I realize it is no longer the big deal it was a few years back. My kids had more fun riding the tractor at my brother-in-law's farm. Ah, but I had my moments of glory!

17. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Ditto, and thanks Jess and Yvonne for letting us come over, have fun, be with friends, meet new people, and then cleaning up after all of us!! Your hospitality is much appreciated, and we had fun![face_dancing]

18. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey, Colleen, that's a good story!
    Cool you got to do that!

19. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, Colleen, your Vader costume rocks!

:D

20. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Wow, it sounded like everyone had a ton of fun. Sorry we missed all y'all, we were in Angel Fire, Tx, er, I mean NM. We had run of a friend's mountain home. It was great. Maybe we will be around for the next one.

21. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Thanks Jess, had a great time, Especially during the Speedo contest between you and greg, you guys looked tight! ;)

22. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Sorry we missed out on this. Up in Jemez enjoying the Texans frolicing to and fro!

23. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Bob, aren't Texans frolicking in the mountains cute?

24. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    It's like watching wee little lads and lasses skipping through the meadows!

25. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    Jess and Yvonne,

That was one awsome BBQ however,I am jealous Jess! I couldn't get over your SW collection & neither could my son! I did have two beers after all.(wooowee):D Thank you, the two of you were great hosts.=D==D= =D= =D=

Ulic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.