main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Many Thanks To Many People

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Incom4, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    This is my first post since C2. I have tried to stay away from the internet and take a little break from SW activites. I just wanted to clear my head and get a little rest. Since I am feeling much better now there are many "Thanks" that need to go out.

First...Thanks to all the Indy Knights for putting forth the effort in volunteering at C2. It was not always fun but you did it anyway. You don't realize how bad of shape WOTC would have been if it wasn't for you and your efforts.

Skylafett Thanks for putting together a legendary party. IF you don't realize it was a succes just read some other cities threads.

Xizor Thanks for taking on the job of "Schedule God". I know it was a pain in the ass and also for your work in the autograph area Saturday. There were alot of other issues going on Saturday and your help was VERY much welcomed.

WhoJedi Thanks for all the pimping you do! BIG thanks for taking on the payment for the FF party and putting it all on your credit card. HUGE thanks for getting us to help setup and tear down the archive room.

JedimasterDan Thanks for always lending me your ear when I need to vent. You do not know how much it is appreciated.

Jedimama Thanks for putting together and running the trivia game.

Sebulba-X Thanks for printing up the Indy Knights table banner and the GL thank you card. BIG thanks for dinner the other night.

Mrs. Xizor, Mrs. Jedimasterdan, Mrs Emeral_Green and Mrs. Incom4 Thanks for working the Indy Knights table and providing info to ALOT of new Indy Knights.

Emerald_GreenThanks for working security at the FF party and also helping out at the Indy Knights table.

Boba Binks Thanks for giving us the oppurtunity to work with C2 Ventures in the autograph area. I also wanna thank you for designing the "GL thank you" card. And last but not least thanks for all your help on Saturday and Sunday with Indy Knight problems.

MundiJade Thanks for getting all the giveaway and bags together for the Indy Knights table.

Jades_Hand Thanks for putting the Indy Knights bags on your credit card. BIG thanks for being the "coffee wench" to the stars.

TK-616 and Thraken76 Thanks for the costumed visits you did last week (Methodist, Riley, WTHR and CNN) and doing the trivia game. Thanks to all the beer you bought but where were the strippers? When I was feeling stressed or down you two would always come up with something to snap me out of it. It was better than a pocket full of dead rats!!

I want to thank all the Indy Knights who contributed at C2. I know there were some of you who felt like you did not get to enjoy the convention. If you felt like that you should have come to see me and we could have made other arrangements for you. There were alot of things I wanted to see but did not get to. Did I know that going in....yes and I accepted it.

So was C2 a success?

In my mind yes.

2. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    I would like to thank Ron for truely pulling it all together. I think all the Indy Knight owe you a big thanks. THANKS! :) Celebration II was made much more fun (for me and I assume others) because of your efforts. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL EVERYONE IN THE INDY KNIGHTS DID TO MAKE THIS EVENT GREAT! :D :D

3. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I would also like to add my thanks to Ron, you did an incredible job and represented the Indy Knights in the best possible light. The Indy Knights have received many thanks and praises for Celebration and it all is a direct result of your hard work and efforts.

A better president we will never have!!! Kudos to you my friend!!!

Jay

4. JediMasterDan

JediMasterDan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2001
    I would also like to give a big THANKS to all of the Indy Knights for the excellent work. I have been in this group for less than a year, and look at what we have already accomplished. We RAN that convention, and don't let anyone forget it. When we have C3 (notice there was no IF, cause we rock that much), it will be just as cool. All because the Knights banded together to get the job done.

I hope that everyone will take a step back now and think back on the whole weekend. It is like everyone says, there was too much to do and too little time to do it. Well, there always will be. We just have to choose that which is most important to us, and just do it.

5. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    Ronnie, you did it dude! I couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job through the whole thing! With all the caos that was SWC2, you kept your cool and made sure the Indy Knights came out smelling like roses.

(That is all except TK-616 who still smells a bit like a poop stained bed sheet.)

Way to go Ron!

4 MORE YEARS!

6. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Thanks for letting a new member get so involved. I had a great time at Celebration.

Thank you Ron, and the Indy Knights.
    I'll be here for a while. :)

7. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    A lot of people out there do not realize that the Indy Knights have really been working on Celebration II for a year now. Officially, for what, 8 months? All that time it's been stressful and tough, but look at us now. Most of the people I spoke with at C2, when they saw my Indy Knights bage, they said "Oh you're with the ndy Knights?!" We became semi-celebrities in our own right.

You know who we have to thank for that, though? Yeah you guessed it Ron. You've made this your life, even when other parts of life came knocking at the door. Great job, man. You deserve a well needed rest.

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm going to thank specific people individually via PM or email, but everyone in IK deserves a big pat on the back....we kicked major arse and the whole world knows it and is thanking us for it in just about every forum I've looked at.

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/goodjob.jpg]

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Man, I love it when you post that picture Seb ;)

10. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Many thanks to Super Ron! Without you, it wouldn't have happened.

11. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Ditto on all the above!

12. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Chicago Force here. Just wanted to let you know that we appreciate all of your hard work. The Indy Knights are what made this convention not just great but awesome.

13. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    you WANTED a break from star wars? i cant get enough of it

14. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Alrighty then, my shot at throwing out a few thank yous

El Presedente'-- For all the scheduling burden I had you had more. Fear not about Saturday, that's what it's all about. Pick up where the help is needed. I got worried that I hadn't heard from you in two entire days, glad to know you are still alive :)

Tk and Thrak-- I have to give you guys a BIG shout for the help in rounding up 501st members for crowd control on Sat. THings were bad enough on the inside, but your help got things under control on the outside.

The Star Wars Widows Guild-- For maning the Fan Table. Yeah you were stuck up in the outer territories, but from what I hear, you lead many a mnew member our way.

DJTOM-- A thank you from me and the Mrs. for picking up that extra set of figures when she couldn't get away!

Darth Crimson-- Big Thanks for the luch you provided on friday

Steve and Mary-- They could have blown us off like the fan geeks that we are, but they asked for our help AND input. Let's hope that Wizards asks for smoe thoughts now that everything is said and done.

Whojedi/pimp/beeatch/?-- For all your behind, behind the scenes work.Not to mention the upcoming little movie thing (when is that again?)

The autograph Vols-- Saturday became a nightmare living, but through all that it was, you guys heald fast and a few of you put in some extra time. If you hear nothing from C2 Ventures, know that Ron and I give you our thanks.

And finally The Knights-- Not enough can be said about the job we did. I have heard LOTS of gripes about Wizards and lines and figures....OH My! But I have heard nary a disturbing word about the Knights! We Rock! Sign me up for 2005!!!!

Peace, Love and Jorg Sacul Figures!

Deron
    Indy C2 Head of Chaos!

15. Beldar

Beldar Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    A big salute to fellow members of the Indy Knights, and tho I only saw Ron once, I know he was working his ass off behind the scenes.

It was a great show, and we and WoTC did the best we could with it.

I've also gained an IMMENSE respect for the troopers of the 501st. They were a huge help to me when I was wrangling the Carrie Fisher line!

16. MundiJade

MundiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2000
    I just wanted to share my many thanks to all that made this one of the COOLEST things I've ever done! :_|

Thank You! ;)

17. The_Dark_Snack

The_Dark_Snack Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    I really want to thank Ron, too! Every time i saw him he was rushing off to work. I never saw him just kicking back or resting.

Ron, I hope you did have some fun-time. I was woried about you over-extending yourself.

18. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    C'mon, people, we've only got 1,100 days or so until Celebration III! Ron, eat your Wheaties, cause here we go again!!!

WooHOOOO!!

R2-B9

(ps, thanks for all you did!)

19. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    You know what? I think every one here is right, we did an outstanding job. Yea there were some Red shirts I'd like to meet in a dark ally. But I hope to God the they ask us what they could have done better. There are a lot of people I'd like to thank but I can't do all of them.

Xizor Dude I know I was a jerk about my schedule. I know you wanted to tell me to go fly a kite. Thanks for putting up with me.

Incom There aren't words to describe how thankful I am for you. You know what you did, I just want you know Thanks.

YodaOnMyLeg I would have been lost and crying some where because I wasn't seeing any thing. Thank you for letting me tag along Sunday.

whopimp Brother with out you the party would never have happened. You are #1 in my book.

JediDad With out you and Kim, I don't know what I would have done with Keytin Friday. I was worried about what was going to happen and you guys were there to help. Thank you!!

I know I'm forgetting people but I just want to say in general: Thanks for being my friends and making it something I will remember for the rest of my life. Now lets all go get "I survived C2" tattoos!

20. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I too would like to throw in my two cents of thanks to everyone. One of the highlights for me, as I've previously mentioned, was hanging out with so many of my exceedingly cool Indy Knight comrades.
    To President Incom in particular: Every time I saw you and unmercifully badgered you about concert tickets and such, you were polite even while being (happily) frazzled. I doubt many, if any, of us could have run as tight a ship as you did. Kudos!

21. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    I, too, would like to thank all of the Indy Knights for everything. We have a great bunch of people here.

I am just glad I was able to help out and have a little fun. I feel honored to be part of such a great group.

22. Industrial-lightbulb

Industrial-lightbulb Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2001
    70k people cant be wrong! Star Wars rules! many many thanks go out to ALL the Indy Knights.
    I'd also like to thank Peter from WOTC for letting me yell at people Saturday and Sunday during bag checks in the C2 store. It was a good way to vent....
    Thanks to all those who worked the autograph area, had allot of fun herding people around...
    I hope all the Indy Knights got their Jorg Sacul figures or Jorg Yekrats if your an Indy Knight.
    I didn't make the FF party or the Symphony and I didn't get to see the 8 minute digital showing but owe well I still had a great time with some great people and thats all that truely count.

Rusty

23. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I want to take a small moment here to also say thanks to everyone. I agree that we rocked bigtime! I got alot of possitive feedback for our group from talking to people ase well. It was cool to hear people say "Oh, you're in the Indy Knights!"... does anyone want MY autograph? lol

Thanks to everyone that helped make this event possible... I'm afraid to name names cause I fear I would leave someone important out! But a special "thanks for putting up with me" thanks to my weekend roomies Laura, Binksy, and Gail (sorry about the snooring!)

Everyone in the group was awesome... thanks to all the IK's for a ~fabullous~ job!!!!

24. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Well, I too would take time out to say thanks to everyone but I'm sure we're all aware that I'm the only one who did any real work this weekend and, had I not been there, the whole convention would have been a disaster.

So I will graciously accept your praise and thanks, obviously some of you didn't understand that Ron and Deron did absolutely nothing this weekend but get drunk, so I will gladly take the appreciation for them as well.

Looking towards the future I would have to say that I will definitely be in to help for Celebration III but only on the condition that you people actually put forth some effort and not leave me hanging out to dry like that. Luckily I'm the greatest worker in the history of the world and had time to not only get all of the coordination tasks done but to also be simultaneously handing out bags, working will call, working the information booth, directing traffic in the lines, eating a danish, talking to a really hot girl in Slave Leia garb, sitting next to Billy Dee Williams, and making out with Amy Allen. As you can see, I was pretty tired.

Okay, that was all a lie. Great job everyone and special thanks to all who made everything possible for us :)

25. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Again, I must thank all ok the IKs for welcoming me into their ranks not so long ago, and also for the FANFREAKINTASTIC job that everyone did at C2... Whopimp, Ron, TK and Thraken, IHB, Seb, even our visiting VIP from down under, Simarillion. ;)

I think we all did a great job and need to pat ourselves on the back... then get right to work on getting C3 back to the new home of Star Wars... Indy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.