main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade, and her waning fan base?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediJSolo, Feb 2, 2004.

?

Mara Jade, and her waning fan base?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Overall, I like Mara.

69.8%
  2. Overall, I dislike Mara.

21.9%
  3. I’m apathetic about Mara.

8.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yes, either you think she was a soldier doing her duty for the empire or a Sith psycho killer.

Not Sith psycho killer, just psycho killer. Calling her Sith would elevate her to the level of Vader, which she isn't.

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Ok, I get it. Suzuki probably told you, I am slow at understanding things sometimes...it comes with age I think. [face_laugh]

3. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Yes, it's true. It's okay Academygrad, sometimes slow and steady really does win the race. If your opponent is slower than you or just incredibly vain and stupid...

4. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Gee, thanks Suzuki...I think?!? Give me about 20 minutes to mull that one over. (... grumble, grumble, grumble.... young, arrogant punks......oh, wait!..am I saying my internal monolog out loud again...opps...) ;)

5. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
  6. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Not Sith psycho killer, just psycho killer. Calling her Sith would elevate her to the level of Vader, which she isn't.

No. She is so many levels above Vader. And she can do things Vader cannot. Like go unnoticed, infiltrate, do things quietly, wear catsuits, etc. (come on you don't want to see Vader in a catsuit) [Or do you? ;)]

7. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    (come on you don't want to see Vader in a catsuit)

For once, I agree with you. I don't want to see Vader in a catsuit. *pokes out own eyes at thought*

On a more serious note:

And she can do things Vader cannot. Like go unnoticed, infiltrate, do things quietly...

And then after she does that, she's worse than Vader. Her sole advantadge is that she wasn't knocked into a lava pit and now has to wear a suit. Of course, Vader negates that with the suit, because of all its cool attributes:

1. Get to talk like JEJ instead of Hayden Christensen.
    2. Built-in iPod.
    3. Built-in whiskey/vodka cooler.
    4. Gets an indestructible black glove for his right hand that signifies who will rule the Empire. I bet that's wookiee's favorite part. :p ;)
    5. Built-in comlink, weapons, etc.

If you put it that way, Mara would kill for the suit. I mean, at the NJO, she's kind of conspicuous anyway. A woman pushing 50 who looks like she's less than 25, with red-gold hair, great looks, and the galaxy's most famous man for a husband. Yeah. Real good at infiltrating.

And yes, I was being silly with the "serious" part of the post, and serious about the silly part.

8. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    1. Get to talk like JEJ instead of Hayden Christensen.

That's good

2. Built-in iPod.

Thats great but what can he get? Probably has the "Force save the Emperor." going.

3. Built-in whiskey/vodka cooler.

Sweet! Now we know why Vader was so grouchy sometimes. He had a hangover.

4. Gets an indestructible black glove for his right hand that signifies who will rule the Empire. I bet that's wookiee's favorite part.

Ahh yes the should be forgotten Glove of Extreme Pain.

5. Built-in comlink, weapons, etc.

Weapons? Aren't you thinking of Nyax?

And I think Mara looks 26.

9. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    (come on you don't want to see Vader in a catsuit) [Or do you?]

[face_thinking] ...Um..are we talking about a young Vader played by Hayden Christenson or an old Vader played by some elderly British guy? It does make a difference!

I mean, at the NJO, she's kind of conspicuous anyway. A woman pushing 50 who looks like she's less than 25, with red-gold hair, great looks, and the galaxy's most famous man for a husband. Yeah. Real good at infiltrating.

[face_laugh] I think Mara has done pretty good for herself. Anyway, she was not trying to infiltrate when all that happened...or was she? [face_devil]

10. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Well, You guys mis-counted, because it?s 6 pro?Mara, you forgot about me. [face_not_talking]

Anywhat, Mara was definately not Psycho killer, Canon evidence state that she was doing her duty, serving what she was lead to believe was the good of the people without malice or selfish desire. There is no evidence to support the idea that any of her targets weren?t either legitimate military targets (actual Rebels), high-ranking Imperials who had become a definate threat, or the most dangerous of criminals. Nor is there any evidence that state that she did so for personal gain or pleasure. Was Mara a complete Innocent? No, she wasn?t? she had blood on her hands. However, she was not guilty of attrocities, nor was she evil.

11. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Tread softly, Tramp. I hear rabid-Anti Maras filled with detestment of your statements rumbling in the west...

12. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    How could we have forgotten Tramp? --One of the greatest Mara supporters that ever lived?!! I guess thinking about Darth Vader in a sexy, tight-fitting, black leather body suit just drove me to distraction. =P~ ;)

13. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    ? Tread softly, Tramp. I hear rabid-Anti Maras filled with detestment of your statements rumbling in the west...?
    Let them come; one at a time or all at once, I don?t give a damn. None shall pass!

14. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    *collapses in laughter* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    academygrad88
    And Amidala I think most people have different opinions than you.

Lighten up dude.

16. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Oh, I am sorry Amidala. That is my problem, I am always so darn serious all the time. ;)

17. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Catfight! Catfight! Catfight!

18. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Suzuki, you are a trouble maker. :D

Anyway, I was kidding. I am rarely serious in these discussions. Don't you see the ;) or :) or :D icons? If I was serious I would have a :mad: or [face_frustrated] or a [face_skull].

AG88
    [face_mischief]

19. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Aww...no fight? But catfights are so entertaining!

20. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    My leather cat suit is at the cleaners. ;)

21. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Sweet! Now we just need a hot opponent! Calling Tiershon_Fett...put out the Anti Mara signal!

22. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    My leather cat suit is at the cleaners.

Now why is it at the cleaners? ;) (You said it.)

23. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Cause we just finished the debate, R_W. Naturally it will have to be repaired and washed thoroughly.

24. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    Suzuki you have no sense of humor.

25. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Oh no you DIDN'T! *gets out Force-imbued jo staff* It is ON!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.