main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Mara Jade as Arica Costume.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Aiel, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    No problem. Glad that I could help. :D

2. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]Greetings Jade-Walker,

I loved your costume. It bothered me that I knew your face, but I could not place you. Blame it on the impaired vision, or perhaps it was the wig. Either way, your Arica is splendid. ¿Perhaps you might consider applying for DZ5233 with it?

I wish that my suit allowed for carrying a camera. I recognized your friend's--wish I knew her proper name--violet Mara costume as well. Then there was the silvian Mara, and "classic" black clad Emperor's Hand. Four flavours of Mara at the same convention. I think that is swell.

I trully lament not having my camera on hand. My friend took a few images, but mostly of celebrities and my suit. Perhaps next tyme. ¿Gen Con, Dragon*Con?

Be well,
    Thomas
    [/color]

3. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Thomas, Thanks :D
    And Your Durge was really Awesome! I was going to say "hi" on Sat, but didn't think you'd remember me from the very brief time we met at CIII. [face_blush] You're welcome to any of the pics in my link on the previous page.
    Yes. It was cool to see so many versions of Mara on the same day. JadeCourt (in the purple) and I both wore our black Mara outfits on Friday. ;)

4. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    nice costume Jade-Walker! You look really lovely in it :) nice hair to.

5. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks :) LOL! I've had that wig since my 16th birthday/Halloween party when I dressed up as Cleopatra. :p

6. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Thomas,

Your Durge was excellent. I know I have a picture of you in here if you are interested:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jedicallista/album?.dir=9a6e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jedicallista/my_photos

Were you by any chance the Clone Emperor at C3? I saw a great one on Saturday at C3.

I was the "classic" black clad Mara at WW last weekend. Well not strictly classic since I have borrowed elements from several different pictures of Mara's costume plus thrown in my own belt/holster design.

That brings me to a question for anyone here. I'm attempting to make a somewhat western-style belt, holster, and blaster for my costume. I love the show Firefly and think that style would be perfect for Mara. What I wore at WW was the start of my project. Has anyone made something like this and have some reference photos they wouldn't mind sharing? I realize this should go in the regular Mara costume thread, and I will post it there too, but wanted to run it by in this thread too.

7. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Ummm, not sure, but maybe if you run it by the Han thread, if there's one floating around, they might have an idea since Han sports a similar one.

8. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey everybody!

I just finished my Arica version from the CCG cards. I made a few small changes, mostly in the hair: I could not find the right wig but since it was part black and part red, Mara's real hair colour I thought it looked a little more exotic for Jabba's palace. I also added a blaster because even as a dancer I don't think Mara would have ever been without either it or a saber!

Here is my version:

http://www.petridish.net/picview.asp?picid=564405&a=12000

You can compare it with the drawing I attempted to pose it from:

http://www.jadecrusades.com/artists/vessenexcmara.jpg

9. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Beautiful work jadepadawan, I've actually had to put my project on the shelf for next year, but you have done a fantastic job.

Well done, and I love the hair!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.