main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*~ Mara Jade - By the Emperor's Hand ~*~ a fanfiction novelization - NEW POSTIE!! 3/23/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Devi, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    ****Now reposted - all future posts will be here in the Beyond the Saga forum!****

This is a fanfiction novelization of the comic book "Mara Jade - By The Emperor's Hand". I'm going to expand a bit on what's in the comic.

Remark: The first chapter (in this post) is set one year before ANH. The rest of the story takes place during and after ROTJ.

Disclaimer: LFL owns Star Wars, I don't. No money is made out of this. I'm just a fan having fun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Clad in a blue evening gown, complete with matching long gloves and an exotic shoulder sculpture, the slender, red-haired lady looked elegant, but not much different from the other members of the Imperial high society who had come for the reception that was held in honor of Moff Tarkin. Holding a glass of champagne in her hand, she observed the room with the cool "I am untouchable" look that was typical for Coruscanti upper class ladies as she quietly waited for something - or for someone?

"I see nothing special about her," one of the two men in the hidden observation room noted.

"Patience, my friend, patience," the other told him.

~*~

Finally, our host makes his appearance, Mara Jade thought. Her waiting had indeed paid off. She clutched her glass with both hands and tapped on its top with one finger. Her eyes, which were of the rich green color of healthy forest leafs in summer, narrowed as she tensed in the manner of a predator that readies itself to pounce on its prey. "The great and glorious Moff Tarkin himself. And from the look of it, he won't be going anywhere for a while. This is my chance."

~*~

"She appears to be very young."

"Age by itself is irrelevant. It is ability that matters."

~*~

Mara approached one of the liveried guards that flanked the door. "I don't feel well, guard. Where may I go to lie down?"

"The server outside will show you to a room, Countess."

~*~

"And as you shall see, she possesses a great many abilities."

~*~

Mara walked swiftly into the the shadowy, bluish half-light of the bedroom she had been directed to. A little farther east than I would have liked. But it'll do.

~*~

"She has a sureness of movement about her."

"Sureness and
    more. Watch."

~*~

Mara leaned over the balustrade of the balcony that was attached to the bedroom, looking downwards with concentration on her face until she had spotted what she was looking for. There it is. Here goes... Using her left hand, she quickly stripped off her evening gown, revealing what she had been wearing underneath - a tight gray bodysuit which left her shoulders bare.

She made an almost casual, beckoning movement with her right hand. One of the bushes underneath started to tremble, and a handle that had a bag attached to it by a string rose up from there and into her hand. Mara pressed the button that made the string roll up inside the handle and pulled her bag in.

~*~

"Ah. So she is a Jedi?"

"Not precisely. But not is she a Dark Jedi. She is, shall we say, an experiment."

~*~

Mara opened the bag. It's contents consisted of a a pair of boots and a jacket, a baton-like device, a blaster with holster, a red-haired, life-size inflatable doll, complete with a device for blowing it up, and what was perhaps the most precious of Mara's possessions - her lightsaber. She put on the jacket, then pulled out her hair pins, letting her red-gold hair fall freely unto her shoulders. Then she slipped out of the high-heeled shoes she had been wearing and put on the boots. She strapped the blaster to her hip and clipped the lightsaber on her belt. Now she felt more like herself.

~*~

"Experiments can be costly. And often dangerous."

"Perhaps. We shall see. Shall we not?"

~*~

Mara inflated the doll that would act as her stand-in after placing it in the bed. As long as everyone thinks I'm resting in here, I'll be free to go about my busi

2. Tessine-Sabe

Tessine-Sabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2003
    Oohhhh, I like it! Very good so far. The way that you write the 'force-speak' is clear and believeable. Post soon!

Tess

3. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks, Tess! :)

4. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Good. Very intersting. More! :D

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks, MYSTIC_KNIGHT! :) Next chapter is in the works. In the meantime, enjoy the poster:

http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/devi/images/btehposter.jpg <---copy and paste! :)

6. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    The poster´s great. Wonderful job with it.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    very cool story. I never could find the emperor's hand graphic novel.

8. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks for your appreciation, MYSTIC_KNIGHT and yodaminch! :)

****NEW POSTIE**** (yes, I know it's a short one, but more is on the way)

~*~

"Your Exaltedness? Please? I'm one of your dancers. Could I please come along with you?" the young "Arica" beseeched Jabba the Hutt, secretly hoping that her pleading gesture was convicing enough. Having to beg wasn't something she was used to. For although she seemed to be just another dancer, she, Mara Jade, was the Emperor's Hand. She could decide the fate of people as powerful as Jabba with a single word. She could have every kind of resources the Empire had to offer at her disposal whenever she needed them. She was sure the Emperor would even give her her own Super Star Destroyer if necessary - she'd just never had a reason to ask for one. But even for someone who had as much power and influence as she did, there were times when there were limits. Stupid little frustrating limits.

"The great Jabba the Hutt says no," C-3PO, who had recently been put in Jabba's service, translated his answer for her. I know that! thought Mara, who understood Huttese well enough. She could have dismantled that annoying protocol droid right then and there, but she suppressed her feelings of frustration, knowing that they wouldn't help her now. If she wanted to have any chance to still be successful, she'd have to maintain her concentration.

Mara closed her eyes, shutting out all that was front of her - the gold-colored droid; the Hutt crime lord, who was lying on his hoversled, being too lazy or simply too fat to move by himself; the frightened, but defiant face of Princess Leia, who was being held on a slave chain by Jabba (serves you right, Rebel scum!); the ceaselessly drooling Gamorrean guards; Jabba's majordomo Bib Fortuna, who was standing behind his master, one pale, worm-like head tail wrapped around his shoulders like a shawl - and trying to ignore the hot desert wind that whipped a strand of hair across her face. "Please, Your Exaltedness?" she pleaded again, this time underlining her words with a Force-suggestion. //You must let me join you!//

It didn't work. "Maynu kawa labado. Razh razh. Denubado eteera," the Hutt told her.

"The great Jabba says you are to leave him now. A landspeeder will be placed at your disposal. You are not to be seen here again," Threepio offered another unnecessary translation.

Damn, and I was so close! That the Emperor's Hand had ended up in a situation where she had to take "no" for an answer was annoying enough as it was; but that it had to be now, and from some self-satisfied, bloated, disgusting Hutt, no less!

Mara scowled in the direction of Jabba's sail barge, which was vanishing in the distance. They had left without her. Now all she could do was hope that Jabba would be able to do what would have been her job - to kill Luke Skywalker. The outcome was out of her hands now. Stang, why did this have to happen to her? And it had started off so well...

9. Tessine-Sabe

Tessine-Sabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2003
    It's...going! Can't wait for more. Good job, and all that rot. ;-)

Tess

10. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Thank you, Tess! :)

11. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

Mar 19, 2002
    *waiting for the next post* ;)

12. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    UP!

Great story, Devi.

So now I can finally see how close Amra came to unraveling Luke's destiny... :D

13. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    great story, Devi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.