Jedi Mara Jade costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Cami_Colucci, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    This is my take on Mara....I needed fabric that gave a little, I hate feeling tight. Oh, the guys are my two friends, we did a McDonalds Promotion for Ep 2.

Luke/Mara/Stomie
  2. Cami_Colucci Jedi Knight

star 1
    thanks for the pics. when ever i did a search I never got a back that showed any where near the back.

i'm just gonna get a small bum pac, and wear that...so i'll have some where to put my id and what not :)
  3. Neimhaille Force Ghost

star 3
    No problem:) The site has changed since i was last there, and the pages take a while to load. They would have been easier to see otherwise;)
  4. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I was wondering the same thing--how does the back go?
    But from those pics, there seem to be multiple answers. (A seam in the middle, a seam off-set on each side.)

Anyone who's made the costume: How did you do the back side (the seat ;)), where did you put the zipper/closure?
    And the Insider pic only shows the costume down to her hips. But there are seams on each side running next to her breasts, but then they look like they are converging into a V toward the pelvic area. Where di you go from there converging all the pieces of fabric?
  5. Han-Sagan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I made this one for 'Fanboys'

[image=http://www.haynesfilm.co.nz/fanboys/images/still11large.jpg]

Granted, its not really Mara Jade, but the costume was based on hers...the padding on the pants (Not visable here) was the hardest part.

6. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I bought some shinguards for Mara's costume, but I was wondering if anyone knew how the best way would be to get the big EASTON logo off the fronts of them. ;)

And cool pic BTW :)
  7. Neimhaille Force Ghost

star 3
    Peter: I really do love what I saw of that film;) Mara Pauashell... heheheh;) Must try to watch it at night when ihug isn't going to disconnect after 3hrs for other users... "unlimited" my behind...

Will you be at Armageddon in April?

I may get there on an other day (than the Cosplay comp;) ) and wear my Mara costume and talk to some of the 501st or other SW peoples:)

I have heard that the other days are rather more packed (huge waiting lines) which is a bit worrying;)

ANd I promise my camera will be set for *indoor* portraits so they will take some better pics;) I've had a chance to play with it a bit more.
  8. Han-Sagan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there both days with an Angels 2200 stand...

BTW, did you get my PM?
  9. Neimhaille Force Ghost

star 3
    Excellent:)

Yes I did, I'm just wiped out from my day (bone density scans, pvc shopping and zipping between busses;) )

I have the draft of an email to send:)

My cosplay outfit isn't finshed yet... again;)

But to keep this on topic, I will try and make it on the Saturday too as I do want my Mara Costume to get a bit of an airing, I just don't have any accessories;)

Maybe time to wip up the pouch thing.. and shoulder pieces.. maybe... They shouldn't be tooo hard.... right?

Pity it's not more of a US style convention with more geeks like me wandering around in cossie;)

(I really just want some piccies taken with some Stormtroopers;) )
  10. Han-Sagan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Coolness :)

BTW, I have a lightsaber you could borrow for armageddon if you like...just a plastic one, but better than nothing :)
  11. Tenyon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jade-Walker

I had a same problem and you best can get those things away by using silicone sealers. I used brown window sealer for my shins to get rid of the big UMBRO logo at the front, and it worked pretty good, not fantastic but good :p
  12. Neimhaille Force Ghost

star 3
    Wonderful:) Thanks:) I've been looking at some online instructions for them:) No time to make one just yet;)

Heh, I'd feel a little dorky but hey;)

And this way I will also get to sit in on some talks unlike last year...
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Cami_Colucci Jedi Knight

star 1
    I now have a lovely collection of patterns, trying to take pieces from each one to make this costume...

and i decided to go with a bum pack, as a mini back pack on the back, it carry everything at dragon con.

oh jade walker, or you going to dragon con?
  15. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Nah. I don't think I am.
    But definitely CIII :D

BTW, Cami, since you're basically doing the "canon" Mara costume, but in blue, how are you doing the back and seat?

I've decided that I'm going to have to make my own pattern since I can't find anything that I like. It will be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it. ;)
  16. Cami_Colucci Jedi Knight

star 1
    actully i have lots of old patterns that my mom collected.

but i'm going this weekend to joanne's (I think they are having another sale)

the shirt i'm just using a mock turtle neck princess seamed shirt, and just make it a size or two smaller, so it will be tight. Size i'm using basiclly swim suit matieral.

as for the pants. I have this pair of express black stretch pants, that i have had since i was a freshman in high school. They have served their purpose over time. So i retired them, and took the seams apart and am juts using those as a pattern.

earlier the girls mentioned "Green Pepper" they actully have a sturrup pant pattern. These sell them at joanne's.

I might add some blue suede to it or something like that.

and the picture that everyone has of this blue costume, has little differences to the black one..just small ones.

anyone know where i could find some goggles like hers...or should i just use welders goggles?
  17. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    NO. Look on e-bay. There are very nice goggles there for under $20. That's what I got and I like them very much. :D

I actually am going to apply to 501st with my Mara costume when it's finished. So it has to be one piece. I'm going to use interior decorating vinyl fabric. The regular fabric that I found at Joann's just seemed too thin for me--you could see everything you're wearing or not wearing through it! [face_shocked] So I'm going for the vinyl. ;)
  18. Cami_Colucci Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm pretty sure you have to go through the Rebel Legion, not the 501st, since she is/was a smuggler, jedi...

at least i see all the mara's in the rebel legion, and 501

www.rebellegion.com

check it out :)

and i'll look on ebay, what do you search under just goggles?
  19. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. Just goggles. You can exclue the words swim and snowboard and that will help narrow things down. Then select a style that you like. ;)
  20. Neimhaille Force Ghost

star 3
    Actually she works as a charcter/costume for both;)

She went from being the Emporer's hand (and there's a cover of her surrounded by Stormtroopers) and then turned to the light side..

We don't have a Rebel Legion in NZ either, but we do have 501sts:)
  21. ladystar Jedi Knight

star 1
    When I made this costume for the EII convention, I was able to find goggles in the snowboarding section at Walmart. They were almost a perfect match. I would suggest the goggle search mentioned above or Ebay.

My costume was also two pieces, with the middle seam hidden by my belt. Just a thought as I've had a one piece leotard and bathroom breaks require a lot of manuvering :).

Make sure to keep this thread active with pictures, I love to see Mara's costumes!! (Still working on the never ending job of creating the perfect Arica costume ;) ) .
  22. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Arica? [face_shocked] You're brave. ;)

Since I want to join 501st, my costume has to be one piece per the membership honchos. ;) I'm trying to figure out how to handle the bathroom issue, though. I was thinking of making a "seam" or two actually velcro seams. ;)
  23. Cami_Colucci Jedi Knight

star 1
    has to be one piece, yeah that sucks...you can just have a zipper going from the bum, to the nape of the neck, like a wet suit.

just an idea.
  24. Neimhaille Force Ghost

star 3
    Jade-Walker: as she's not a canon character anyway, you should have the freedom to "interpret" the costume as needed. I mean as far as I can tell there are two classes for costumes, and Jade would go in one no matter how close to one particular image you got.

I did a search for all the Mara's in the 501st and I'm sure one or two of them use two pieces not a one piece.

No one has done the green tunic yet which is what I've been looking for...

I do have a whole lot of pvc that would be nice for the catsuit... but.. umm... I'm going to lose a bit more weight first;)

Already lost 3kgs;)
  25. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, no. The Insider pics of Mara with Shannon Baska are now considered "canon" as far as the 501st is concerned. There are several pics of Mara's on the 501st, yes. But most of them either (1) had a different canon costume to join (after you have your canon one, you can add any custom ones that you would like) or (2) they became members prior to the rules becoming more strict. Believe me. I've been through all this with the head Membership Liason there. (Nothing against him or 501st, mind ;)).
    Now I want to do it for the challenge.

But I can't help but think...Mara's a practical girl. HOw in the world would she use the fresher in that outfit? It probably zips up the back, but she has that harness going across it! ;)

CrimsonVision's costume is really nice. But I can't tell if hers is one or two pieces.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.