main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Critics Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediJSolo, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jansons_Funny_Twin: As stated earlier in the thread, PPOR rules supreme, so please, prove it, or retract.

Who stated that? If it wasn?t DA, I wouldn?t bother with it. If it was DA, I?ll be sure to have a talk with him.

2. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Who stated that? If it wasn?t DA, I wouldn?t bother with it. If it was DA, I?ll be sure to have a talk with him.

Listen, they can't just make baseless claims and not expect someone to challenge them.

I challenged them, they said they didn't have proof. I wanted them to retract their now admittedly untrue statement. they refused, and are continuing to prop up untrue statements. I'm trying to expose that untrue statement, and am being hounded for it.

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    How do you know? We've seen very little about her past.

Common sense.

You're into political science. Take a look at history. I'll give a RL example.

Cultural Revolution. Many people in China were ratted out by others because they didn't "follow" the party fervently enough. Many were imprisioned, or killed.

Many of those people were innocent of what they were accused of. Read Life and Death in Shanghai by Nien Cheng. A woman who was imprisioned during this period, on the flimsy accusation that she was too Westernized because she worked for Shell.

She spent years in jail, and she was innocent.

Correlate that to Mara. Traitors aren't always guilty. Rivals can whisper accusations of treachery to get you out of the way, even if you are completely loyal. You are then exposed, if said accusations are believed. Does that then, by extension, make you guilty?

No. I extend that example to the GFFA, where, even if it is a scifi fantasy, still displays the morals of humanity.

It's not a stretch of the imagination to correlate the fact that Mara killed innocents by exposing traitors. It happened. You should accept that. Does it matter if a list was recited on Coruscant for days?

No. A loss of a life is a loss of life. It doesn't matter if they remain nameless. Just because we don't know the data and blood type of people who died during the Rebellion doesn't mean that they should be disregarded. Doubly so when the person is falsely accused.

You may not be belittling me, but your stance on this issue which I find highly personal, is insulting to me. [face_plain]

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    This thread has clearly gone to the dogs.

The idea ws to provide proof but it's devolved into "I'll post proof if you go first" which I find simply pathetic.

I'm on the verge of outlawing all Hater content in this forum because it causes too much trouble with too many people.

If anyone has any reasons why I shouldn't, please PM me when you read this and I'll be more than willing to discuss it with you.

Otherwise.....move along.

[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.